Iron Man
Logan
First Class/DOFP
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:58 am

That hotel sequence in Logan still ranks as one of the best sequence's in a CBM over the past few years. That was heart pounding EPIC.

1. Logan
2. Iron Man
3. First Class
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:That hotel sequence in Logan still ranks as one of the best sequence's in a CBM over the past few years. That was heart pounding EPIC.

Fuck, yeah. That sequence on the big screen was gnarly!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 am

Black Widow solo movie announced. One of the writers of The Blacklist got the gig.

Silver & Black starts filming soon.

I guess a Kitty Pryde movie is on the Fox slate, too.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 am

Saw Black Panther this morning, couldn't believe how packed it was for a 10am showing. Pretty good movie, kind of put off by the social justice crap but I guess that was unavoidable. Projected for a 210M+ opening weekend. Not too shabby.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

RedWingFan wrote:Saw Black Panther this morning, couldn't believe how packed it was for a 10am showing. Pretty good movie, kind of put off by the social justice crap but I guess that was unavoidable. Projected for a 210M+ opening weekend. Not too shabby.

I saw a clip of some action and it looked pretty bad (all CGI figures). But everything else seems to be on point: cast, costumes, sets. How's the overall story? I hear it's great, I hear it's just okay. I hear Erik Killmonger steals the show and is the best villain since Loki. (I do find that easy to believe!)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Finally going to see Black Panther on Tuesday. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 am

Final infinity war trailer is awesome. Can't wait for April 27th.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 am

Chris Evans retiring from Marvel after Avengers 4

Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man may be the unquestionable star of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but Chris Evans’ Captain America is its heart. Over three solo films and two Avengers team-ups (plus those playful Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor: The Dark World cameos), Capt. Steve Rogers has provided the MCU and its heroes with a moral compass and resolute strength. But you can’t keep running around in red, white, and blue nylon forever, and it looks like Evans is ready to hang up the shield.

In an extensive profile for The New York Times, the actor intimated that 2019’s Avengers 4 would be his last time playing Captain America. “You want to get off the train before they push you off,” Evans said, with writer Reggie Ugwu adding he “expects that planned reshoots in the fall will mark the end of his tenure in the familiar red, white and blue super suit.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/captain-america-chris-evans-says-170537443.html
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:56 am

verslibre wrote:Chris Evans retiring from Marvel after Avengers 4

Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man may be the unquestionable star of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but Chris Evans’ Captain America is its heart. Over three solo films and two Avengers team-ups (plus those playful Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor: The Dark World cameos), Capt. Steve Rogers has provided the MCU and its heroes with a moral compass and resolute strength. But you can’t keep running around in red, white, and blue nylon forever, and it looks like Evans is ready to hang up the shield.

In an extensive profile for The New York Times, the actor intimated that 2019’s Avengers 4 would be his last time playing Captain America. “You want to get off the train before they push you off,” Evans said, with writer Reggie Ugwu adding he “expects that planned reshoots in the fall will mark the end of his tenure in the familiar red, white and blue super suit.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/captain-america-chris-evans-says-170537443.html

Bummer, Evans is perfect in the roll. Hopefully they'll have Bucky take over.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:13 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:Chris Evans retiring from Marvel after Avengers 4

Bummer, Evans is perfect in the roll. Hopefully they'll have Bucky take over.

He's a better Cap than Downey is Iron Man than Hemsworth is Thor.

It'll go to Bucky, then (maybe, down the line) to Sam.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:04 pm

In one of the previews, Black Panther says, "Someone get this man a shield." Recently it was revealed that CA has shield gauntlets from Wakonda...So, I think he was talking about Bucky and that is when he gets the shield...but maybe not the title.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:27 am

Captain Marvel finally started filming. I guess they decided they waited long enough to crunch the numbers to make sure their gamble on a female-led MCU flick was worth the investment.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:55 pm

verslibre wrote:Captain Marvel finally started filming. I guess they decided they waited long enough to crunch the numbers to make sure their gamble on a female-led MCU flick was worth the investment.

Yeah, because Marvel really has to get with the times and follow DC's winning formula. :lol:
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 pm

I knew you'd come over and say something. Ping. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:27 pm

verslibre wrote:I knew you'd come over and say something. Ping. :lol:

Sorry, it's hard to distinguish the stupid shit you say to get a reaction from the other general stupid shit you say. Here's a debate topic. Will "Infinity War" surpass Justice League's entire domestic run in it's opening weekend?

Online ticket seller Atom Tickets reported Friday that “Avengers: Infinity Wars” sold more tickets in its first pre-sales day than “Black Panther” sold in its first month.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:57 am

RedWingFan wrote:Sorry, it's hard to distinguish the stupid shit you say to get a reaction from the other general stupid shit you say.

We should all be fortunate enough to defer to your sagely musings. :mrgreen:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:41 am

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Sorry, it's hard to distinguish the stupid shit you say to get a reaction from the other general stupid shit you say.

The best part is, you weren't the one that even mentioned DC in your initial post :lol: Someone was mad..
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:57 am

Like a Jack-in-the-Box! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote:

The best part is, you weren't the one that even mentioned DC in your initial post :lol: Someone was mad..

Yeah, really mad :lol: Infinity War right around the corner, the franchise NOT in shambles thinking about ditching a shared universe because it keeps turning out movies as appealing as Chelsea Clinton. I'm mad. :lol:
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:17 am

...and Captain Marvel is in a position to span the current Marvel universe with the post-Avengers timeline. They could not have done that by rushing her in earlier. She also seems to be set up to span the cosmic universe to the Earth bound universe in a way that none of the other characters in Marvel have done thus far. After Avengers 4, IMO, they can afford to take a break from the Avengers completely...maybe spend time bringing the X-Men and Fantastic 4 into the MCU. Also, "Guardians of the Galaxy 3" is sposed to be the last with the current lineup...Captain Marvel could take lead of the Guardian, or a replacement team.

My point is, Marvel has set up their universe so well that they literally have unlimited choices at this point. They have done a fantastic job and critiquing the release of Captain Marvel seems petty and irrelevant to me.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:13 am

RedWingFan wrote:Infinity War right around the corner

IW looks awesome. I might venture out to the theater for this one and will be the first Marvel film I could potentially see in theaters since the first GotG. It looks overstuffed to the gills but depending, I think I'll try to catch it and bypass the OW crowds. They're practically all sold out anyway.

the franchise NOT in shambles thinking about ditching a shared universe

90% of casual Disney mobsters venturing out to the movie theaters can give a fuck about 15 long ass set-up movies (that they don't even remember) about a shared universe. The shared universe aspect is beyond sloppy even to Marvel standards. The DC Film banner will be loose in canon and WB wanted to slowly move away from the shared stuff eventually anyway, something they even did in Wonder Woman. 80% of Marvel films are setups nobody even wants to debate. Just get to the quips, please.. ..says the audience.

I'm mad. :lol:

I understand, especially coming from someone who claimed how Wonder Woman was definitely not happening and if it did, was definitely not going to be any good. If BvS failed, Aquaman was definitely not happening and the DCEU would fold..blahblah. Yet, here we are, Making DC films reference's when nobody even said anything about them anyway. They're the turd that won't go away. If DC somehow bangs out a string of good films, the tide will shift. And we know most don't want that :lol:

because it keeps turning out movies as appealing as Chelsea Clinton.

DC's so-called "bad films" get more mouth action than Monica Lewinsky circa 1995. :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
90% of casual Disney mobsters venturing out to the movie theaters can give a fuck about 15 long ass set-up movies (that they don't even remember) about a shared universe. The shared universe aspect is beyond sloppy even to Marvel standards.

Well, if Marvel does kill off Cap and/ or Iron Man, do you think it will have an emotional effect on the audience since they don't give a damn about the past 10 years of movies. Think it'll fall as flat as Superman's death?

Idiots watching infinity war are just there to see cool special effects and cool explosions right? If that were true DC's movies would be successful across the board.

Honestly, what do you think the reaction will be?
Will people care?
Fact is it will resonate with audiences across the country because of the past 10 years.
That's what Superman's death was missing. WB didn't care enough about their premier character to treat him with the care and respect that he deserves.
Look at the relationship between, Bucky and Steve in Winter Soldier. Steve and Stark in Civil War. Character development and relationships are everything. People will care. And you having to try to make yourself feel better by demeaning Marvel audiences as "Disney mobsters" is pathetic.

I would even bet money that Marvel could release Infinity War without 1 special effect. Actors against green screen acting out the script to find out what happens to these characters that they love and still easily pass Justice Leagues box office take.

I don't think you even believe half the shit you spew.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:59 am

First 30 minutes screened last night in Brazil.

General remarks were variations of "It's going to be funny."
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 am

Closing the book on 10 years of awesomeness!
https://youtu.be/trcditUaQJg
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:15 pm

RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Well, if Marvel does kill off Cap and/ or Iron Man, do you think it will have an emotional effect on the audience since they don't give a damn about the past 10 years of movies.

Before you get your panties tied, I was mainly talking about the shared universe and continuity side of things when it comes down to the casual audience. They don't care about all the 10 years of jargon that interconnects these films. That goes for any studio. The shared aspect could depart these films and the audience wouldn't notice. They follow the hype. Marvel built their brand and is trusted. People obviously care. Happy for their fans.

Think it'll fall as flat as Superman's death?

Honestly, I never thought and STILL don't think Marvel has the two nuts hanging between their legs to kill off Cap or IM. Maybe others, but I believe they'll always backdoor and pad a major death as a cliffhanger just to set up the next set of films. I just don't think they got balls to kill of Stark or Rogers. They can prove me wrong, though.

Idiots watching infinity war are just there to see cool special effects and cool explosions right?

Well, yeah. That's what more than 90% of this film will be. It should be epic in size, something JL failed to do. I hope IW blows the roof off the action and explosions. It shouldn't be any other way. Nobody is expecting a Sam and Molly romance novel from Ghost here..

Honestly, what do you think the reaction will be?
Will people care?

Of course people will care, but not to the extent of any payoffs since AV4 needs to be set up. I'm not buying that Marvel will give the audience a sense of closure. They aren't built for that.

I would even bet money that Marvel could release Infinity War without 1 special effect. Actors against green screen acting out the script to find out what happens to these characters that they love and still easily pass Justice Leagues box office take.

I don't think you even believe half the shit you spew.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara