Marvel Movie thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:24 am

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/captain-marvel-screenwriter-says-film-will-reinvent-carol-danvers-origin

[Nicole] Perlman dropped plenty of information on the development of Marvel's first female-led superhero cinematic outing, including the need to distinguish Ms. Danvers from certain intergalactic characters before her.

In the comics, Carol Danvers is an Air Force officer working with Dr. Walter Lawson, the latter of whom is actually Mar-Vell, a Kree in disguise who defends Earth as Captain Marvel. After Mar-Vell shields Danvers from a Kree device's explosion, she absorbs radiation that gives her similar powers, and takes the mantel from her friend. Coincidentally, Green Lantern is Hal Jordan -- an Air Force test pilot who inherits his own cosmic strength after stumbling upon the dying alien Abin Sur, so one can at least see where Perlman is coming from. None of this seems to worry the writer, however.

So, obviously, comics canon doesn't matter...until it does. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:40 am

Marvel is paying NO ATTENTION to what DC is doing whatsoever. They created all things comic book related. Action Comics #1 featured Sentry; not Superman.

:)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:43 am

^HAHA! They won't even get that joke! :lol:

Dude, Superman and Batman ripped off Apollo and the Midnighter! :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 am

More like cuz Marvel fans don't have the need to get in a circle jerk talking about how the next Marvel movie is going to be great or continually make excuses for them.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:01 pm

verslibre wrote:^HAHA! They won't even get that joke! :lol:

Dude, Superman and Batman ripped off Apollo and the Midnighter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, they kinda ripped off Zeus and Odysseus. But, doesn't matter.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:02 pm

Monker wrote:

So did you hear Captain Marvel's screenwriters say they're redoing Carol Danvers' origin because it's too similar to Green Lantern's? I posted the article. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:04 pm

RedWingFan wrote:More like cuz Marvel fans don't have the need to get in a circle jerk talking about how the next Marvel movie is going to be great or continually make excuses for them.

Aren't you the same guy who goes in the DCEU thread and always backs up the toilet? Where do I send the cleaning bill? :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Monker wrote:

Btw, Apollo and the Midnighter were created in 1998. If you want to know more about them, look 'em up. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:51 am

Kara Danvers.

Carol Danvers.

:roll:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:27 am

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:More like cuz Marvel fans don't have the need to get in a circle jerk talking about how the next Marvel movie is going to be great or continually make excuses for them.

Aren't you the same guy who goes in the DCEU thread and always backs up the toilet? Where do I send the cleaning bill? :lol:

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:12 am

Chop, chop Marvelites! :lol:

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:20 am

^That still reminds me of Toys 'R Us, not movie poster art.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:21 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:57 am

Hilarious!

Honest Trailer: Captain America Civil War
http://comicbook.com/2016/09/13/captain ... t-trailer/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:21 am

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:33 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:22 am

verslibre wrote:Logan trailer's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFP0V6n7aY

Looks unique with a compelling storyline. I have backed away from Fox's X-franchise, but Wolvie is a must watch regardless. Looking forward to this. X-Origins: Wolverine, to me, is by far one of the worst sleeper superhero movies of all time (which is debatable.) When a franchise drags on for this long with soft-boots along the way, interests becomes lukewarm at best. I enjoyed The Wolverine for what it was (that train fight sequence was amaze-balls) but that third act was the usual cop-out most movies lean towards when you don't have anything interesting to say just so the story lends itself wiggle room in future films. 'Logan' looks great and most fans will go see it because it's Wolvie + the final film in the Hugh Jackman era.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Wolverine Origins was good as log as Logan was the center of the movie, but seemed to go down hill fast when he was off screen
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:58 am

Breaking: Deadpool Movie 2 just lost its director, and rumor has it creative differences with Ryan Reynolds are to blame. Is this bad news for Deadpool?
http://comicbook.com/2016/10/22/deadpoo ... im-miller/

Wait, I thought shit like this only happened over at DC?
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Wait, I thought shit like this only happened over at DC?

Hahahaha!! What will Fox do to course-correct? :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:10 am

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/tim-miller-left-deadpool-2-cable-casting-disagreement/

Now, The Wrap is providing a few more details on what happened, and according to them, it came down to the casting of Cable. That’s not all, though, as the differences actually run much further than that. Apparently, Reynolds and Miller haven’t been on good terms for a while now and rarely speak anymore. You see, Reynolds re-negotiated his deal for the sequel, asking for a lot more money in addition to casting approval and a significant amount of creative control.

This didn’t sit well with Miller, who wanted “more of a stylized sequel” that explored the “bigger facets and more unusual realms of Deadpool’s place in the X-Men universe,” as Screen Rant puts it. Reynolds, meanwhile, was more interested in the “raunchy comedy style” of the first film, hoping to place more focus on the “self-referential satirical sensibilities.” Then, came the casting of Cable.

Miller was a fan of having Kyle Chandler take the role, but Reynolds wouldn’t agree to it and given that he’s the star, Fox ultimately took his side. This, combined with everything else, forced Miller to depart.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:53 am

That's actually a shame. I thought Deadpool was vastly overrated, but the parts that really gelled for me was the scenes including the X-men (Jubilee and Colossus.) Actually, I really enjoyed that dynamic with Deadpool's relationship with them and what he could mean as an outcast to the X-men team dynamic. I really didn't laugh much so I think it's a bad idea when an actor has so much creative input over the true creative control when the said-movie over performed to begin with. Sometimes, lighting in a bottle doesn't always strike twice so Fox better be careful for the longterm health of the character. Signs of trouble for the franchise IMO. Especially now that we're probably only going to get more Van Wilder forced humor than anything.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:42 am

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/steve-ditko-doctor-strange-c-v-r.html

The Creator of Doctor Strange Will Not See You Now

For a recluse, Steve Ditko is surprisingly easy to locate. You won’t see him in public: Despite being one of the most important figures in comics history, the most recent published photograph of the 89-year-old was taken about 50 years ago. And though his name appears prominently as “co-creator” in the credits of Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange — which has already grossed more than $490 million worldwide — he has never been on a red carpet, or appeared on TV or radio. But if you ask within the comics community, you can readily find the location and phone number of his Manhattan studio. The man’s around. It’s putting that contact information to good use that’s difficult.

Ditko hasn’t done an interview with a journalist since 1968, two years after he shocked comics fandom by leaving Marvel in a move for which he offered no explanation — even to his boss, Stan Lee, with whom he created Doctor Strange and Spider-Man, among other classic characters. What followed has been an idiosyncratic crusade that has consumed Ditko’s capacious imagination: the creation of spite-filled, didactic, and often baffling comics and essays that evangelize the philosophy of Ayn Rand. Ditko has long been principled in a way few popular artists are, and he changed the comics medium twice: first with his elegant, kinetic, at times psychedelic artwork; then by being the first high-profile creator to inject serious philosophical arguments into superhero comics. His influence is staggering, but his personal story is almost totally hidden. He remains one of pop culture’s most enigmatic figures.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:35 am

I'm just going to leave this here in case Monker's lurking.

Dumb Things In Civil War That Everyone Just Ignored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH9TRy8gGyE
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:16 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:54 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:22 am

Can't fucking wait for Logan. You can get the gist of this being a different kind of superhero film. Rated R and done right, Wolvie is due to go out with a fucking bang.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:28 am

Some reviewers say this movie's on par with The Dark Knight. I hope so!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:01 am

verslibre wrote:Some reviewers say this movie's on par with The Dark Knight. I hope so!

HOT DAMN. I won't ramp up the expectations to those levels, but in comparison to 'The Wolverine', 'Logan' is going to blow it out of the water as far as the conventional superhero movie is concerned. Atleast I hope so!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:40 am

Good news, dude! :lol:

This fits perfectly with what director Waititi has previously said about the humor in the film, when he said that he wanted to “keep people laughing along the way.” This shouldn’t come as much of a surprise for MCU fans, either, as the massive cinematic universe is known for its humor-heavy take on superheroes (in stark contrast to other comic book vehicles).

We cannot wait to see Hiddleston back in the spotlight in a new Thor film, and from this interview it sounds like the actor has complete faith in the director and the project, which is wonderful to hear. Thor has always been a character who balances incredible action scenes and sheer brawn with his own warm humor, and with such a dark topic (the Norse Apocalypse), we’re thrilled to hear that there will be plenty of opportunities to laugh in the cinema this November.

Of course, some fans may be less-than-thrilled to hear that yet another MCU movie is going to be heavy on the jokes. One of the major criticisms leveled at Avengers: Age of Ultron was that the film tried a little too hard to cram one-liners in everywhere it could. For those superhero fans who prefer their movies on the grittier side, Ragnarok may have seemed like the perfect opportunity for Marvel to do something a little darker.

http://screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok-chris-hemsworth-funny/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

I think I'll wait for this one to hit video...or AMC. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara