Marvel Movie thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Dr. Strange trailer. Never followed the character. Wonder if Marvel can pull off another great flick out of a somewhat obscure character.https://youtu.be/wwcSki7r9cQ
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby steveo777 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Hey, in case anyone is interested, there has been a "Marvel" credit card introduced with images of your superheros on it. Nice images on the credit card.
http://marvel.com/creditcard?siteCode=M ... Dcom=MMCLP
steveo777
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:20 pm

The official title of the Spidey reboot has been confirmed:

Spider-Man: Homecoming

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:24 am

Spider-Man: Homecoming...? Should've been the rumored Spectacular Spider-Man. Or Sensational...

The logo/letter-type looks lame. Belongs on the package for a Pez dispenser. Spidey deserves better than that.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:42 am

RedWingFan wrote:Dr. Strange trailer. Never followed the character. Wonder if Marvel can pull off another great flick out of a somewhat obscure character.https://youtu.be/wwcSki7r9cQ

This looks absolutely fantastic. This is definitely one to see in 3D.
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:31 am

Reviews for Civil War are coming in.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74942
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:13 am

RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Abitaman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:I like the fact that Spidey is being played by an actual younger actor. Love his voice. I still think The Amazing Spider Man 2's suit was the best so far, though, I do dig the Retro look. Not surprised to see all the miserable's shitting on it.

Agreed. ASM2 was the best suit by far. Movie sucked though. Raimi's SM2 was by far the best Spidey movie. Sony's screwed it up ever since.

I don't know about the suit in ASM2, it looked digital in too many of the scenes, reminded me of the Green Lantern suit, fake looking.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Abitaman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:33 pm

verslibre wrote:Spidey's first Sony/MCU reboot movie shouldn't have other characters in it. That'll take time away from telling his story, no?

:wink:

Depends on good the director is.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:37 pm

RedWingFan wrote:Dr. Strange trailer. Never followed the character. Wonder if Marvel can pull off another great flick out of a somewhat obscure character.https://youtu.be/wwcSki7r9cQ

I will like to see how Marvel handles the magic element in their movies. Will it be supernatural, gods be involved, comes from alien powers, etc..
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:48 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:35 am

Chris likes titties. Good for him.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Tue May 03, 2016 6:24 am

Civil War opens at 94% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll be disappointed if it winds up below 90%.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Tue May 03, 2016 8:24 am

RedWingFan wrote:Civil War opens at 94% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll be disappointed if it winds up below 90%.

Yep...and 200.4 million gross world wide so far...and it hasn't even opened in the US yet. I have hardly read any negative reviews at all, from anybody. I did watch a YouTube that had a ton of spoilers. It is as much of a sequel to Age of Ultron as it is to Winter Soldier. There are some very dramatic moments that were explained. I'm not going to give any spoilers, but Iron Man has reason to be pissed off at CA. The reason Black Panther is involved is well explained. The bottom line is this is a movie about vengeance, and the consequences of vengeance....and that drives all of the drama. Yeah, Ant-Man, and Spiderman, provide some comic relief....and I'm sure certain people will bitch about that. But, I am really excited to see this.

At the end of this, considering what is left of the "teams", it will really make the first Infinity movie interesting...how they bring everybody back together.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue May 03, 2016 9:49 am

Why the hell would you watch a spoiler-laden YT review?

I may not be able to check it out this weekend, but if not, then Mon/Tue at the very latest.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Tue May 03, 2016 11:37 pm

Going to go buy tickets today for a Saturday afternoon showing. Can't wait.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Wed May 04, 2016 2:54 am

verslibre wrote:Why the hell would you watch a spoiler-laden YT review?

I may not be able to check it out this weekend, but if not, then Mon/Tue at the very latest.

LOL...why not? Did I break some type of unwritten rule in comic book land?
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 am

Monker wrote:

Why bother watching the movie? Did you do the same for The Force Awakens? Maybe I should have, and saved $15.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed May 04, 2016 10:08 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:

Why bother watching the movie? Did you do the same for The Force Awakens? Maybe I should have, and saved $15.

I read plenty of stuff about TFA before I saw it. So what? It's a movie.

Civil War is going to easily top BvS and Deadpool for top grossing film of the year. I wish I had stock in Disney...because, damn: Jurassic World, Star Wars, Jungle Book, Zootopia, Inside Out, etc...AND the Marvel films, AoU last year, Civil War, Doctor Strange. It's definitely not 198x any longer for Disney.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu May 05, 2016 1:53 am

Honest Trailers - Captain America (1990)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL86 ... uCs8xXVsxE
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 05, 2016 6:33 am

Monker wrote: I wish I had stock in Disney...because, damn: Jurassic World, Star Wars, Jungle Book, Zootopia, Inside Out, etc...AND the Marvel films, AoU last year, Civil War, Doctor Strange. It's definitely not 198x any longer for Disney.

James Bond distribution deal with Sony is expiring soon (if it hasn't already). Imagine if Disney bought Bond too? Star Wars, Indy, Marvel, 007...would pretty much be a monopoly on nearly every major movie franchise.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri May 06, 2016 3:02 am

With so many characters to care about and look after, with so many personality trait boxes to check off, "Civil War" has to fight hard not to seem as pro forma overall as the cameo moment for Marvel's spry eminence grise Stan Lee inevitably does.

All this time and energy spent in these prescribed pursuits sometimes means that things that are truly important, like convincing us that the Captain America/Iron Man split is more than a convenient plot contrivance, don't get the attention they need.

Whatever flaws "Batman v Superman" had, Ben Affleck's atavistic performance as the Dark Knight left you without the smallest doubt that he loathed the Krypton native. "Civil War" does eventually get to that point with Captain America and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), but it frankly takes a shrewd Hail Mary plot twist far into the 2-hour, 27-minute running time to make it happen.

Nice to see Turan call it like it is instead of automatically creaming his jeans out of self-obligation.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-0505-captain-america-civil-war-review-20160504-snap-story.html
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Fri May 06, 2016 8:16 am

verslibre wrote:
Whatever flaws "Batman v Superman" had, Ben Affleck's atavistic performance as the Dark Knight left you without the smallest doubt that he loathed the Krypton native.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-0505-captain-america-civil-war-review-20160504-snap-story.html

But then Martha!
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri May 06, 2016 8:27 am

verslibre wrote:
With so many characters to care about and look after, with so many personality trait boxes to check off, "Civil War" has to fight hard not to seem as pro forma overall as the cameo moment for Marvel's spry eminence grise Stan Lee inevitably does.

All this time and energy spent in these prescribed pursuits sometimes means that things that are truly important, like convincing us that the Captain America/Iron Man split is more than a convenient plot contrivance, don't get the attention they need.

Whatever flaws "Batman v Superman" had, Ben Affleck's atavistic performance as the Dark Knight left you without the smallest doubt that he loathed the Krypton native. "Civil War" does eventually get to that point with Captain America and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), but it frankly takes a shrewd Hail Mary plot twist far into the 2-hour, 27-minute running time to make it happen.

Nice to see Turan call it like it is instead of automatically creaming his jeans out of self-obligation.

LOL...frankly, this review read INCREDIBLY nit-picky as if he is going out of his way to find something to whine about.

But, whatever, for every one "negative" review (and this wasn't even that negative), there are 20 that are positive. THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF BvS.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri May 06, 2016 8:36 am

Monker wrote:LOL...frankly, this review read INCREDIBLY nit-picky as if he is going out of his way to find something to whine about.

More evidence that you are completely full of shit. The review's an overall positive one. He's just not afraid to point out what others are too busy gushing over to notice.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri May 06, 2016 9:21 pm

The same group of buddies on my social media feed loved CW. Peter Parker is the standout and Holland steals it. This will be twice as better as AoU from that aspect alone.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri May 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Turan is a fucking snooze. He represents the worst in pedantic criticism. Edelstein is high-minded but at least entertaining. In five years time, all long-form criticism will be dead.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri May 06, 2016 9:45 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:This will be twice as better as AoU from that aspect alone.

Yea, that shouldn't be too hard. AoU was a mess.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri May 06, 2016 9:48 pm

RedWingFan wrote:But then Martha!

"HOW do you know that name?" "WHY did you say that name?!"

Cripes, what a turkey. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri May 06, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm excited about Spidey. I was all in on Holland's casting from the get-go. I like how they finally got a teenager to play the character and tap into that side of Peter Parker. Shocked it took this long to get the age with an actor right who can pull it off.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara