Marvel Movie thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 am

RedWingFan wrote:I would even bet money that Marvel could release Infinity War without 1 special effect. Actors against green screen acting out the script to find out what happens to these characters that they love and still easily pass Justice Leagues box office take.

I'd take that bet. General audiences demand, and expect, spectacle. Sans VFX, everybody would just look up the spoilers online.

RedWingFan wrote:II don't think you even believe half the shit you spew.

We're going to have to start calling you "Old Faithful." :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 am

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:I would even bet money that Marvel could release Infinity War without 1 special effect. Actors against green screen acting out the script to find out what happens to these characters that they love and still easily pass Justice Leagues box office take.

I'd take that bet. General audiences demand, and expect, spectacle. Sans VFX, everybody would just look up the spoilers online.

Unfortunately, we'll never know. We could bet on whether Infinity War's domestic opening weekend ourgrosses JL's total domestic gross? I say it will.

Then again, you guys still haven't paid your lost bet to TNC on the MOS sequel. :roll:
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:56 am

RedWingFan wrote:We could bet on whether Infinity War's domestic opening weekend ourgrosses JL's total domestic gross? I say it will.

There's no doubt it will. That would be a fool's bet, unlike...

RedWingFan wrote:Then again, you guys still haven't paid your lost bet to TNC on the MOS sequel. :roll:

We'll see what's on the slate come this July. Meanwhile, you can calm down. You aren't part of the bet, and another solo Superman film is inevitable, which is what the bet is really about. As Trav said, the sequel to MOS was BVS. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 am

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:We could bet on whether Infinity War's domestic opening weekend ourgrosses JL's total domestic gross? I say it will.

RedWingFan wrote:Then again, you guys still haven't paid your lost bet to TNC on the MOS sequel. :roll:

We'll see what's on the slate come this July. Meanwhile, you can calm down. You aren't part of the bet, and another solo Superman film is inevitable, which is what the bet is really about. As Trav said, the sequel to MOS was BVS. :lol:

But the guy (Caville) that had a minor role in the film said that it wasn't a sequel to MOS.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 am

RedWingFan wrote:But the guy (Caville) that had a minor role in the film said that it wasn't a sequel to MOS.

LOL. Marvel's Civil War and Avengers' films have felt like crossover events because they took their time building the universe. DC did a shitty job and got a shitty result.

On an unrelated note, I really need to see Black Panther before it leaves theaters.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 am

RedWingFan wrote:But the guy (Caville) that had a minor role in the film said that it wasn't a sequel to MOS.

Looks like somebody was really, really high when he went in to watch the movie.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:04 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:LOL. Marvel's Civil War and Avengers' films have felt like crossover events because they took their time building the universe.

They're team/event films because they're designed that way. Each movie brings more characters, more conflict, more action. Just like Avengers Annuals.

Black Panther's first two acts are pretty good but the third act could use a redo. And honestly, anybody who think it's Marvel's best movie is wrong. That's (still) The Winter Soldier.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:

But the guy (Caville) that had a minor role in the film said that it wasn't a sequel to MOS.

First: It's Cavill.
Second: Henry said BvS follows the events of Man of Steel, which makes it a sequel to Man of Steel. Henry mentioned BvS wasn't a Superman solo film, obviously. 'Man of Steel 2' is a placeholder name for the next Superman film. It won't be called Man of Steel 2. I'll say it 100 more times if you need it.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:14 am

RedWingFan wrote:

Then again, you guys still haven't paid your lost bet to TNC on the MOS sequel. :roll:

The bet is still on. TNC said they won't do another Superman. The bet is if WB will do another solo Superman film with Henry. If they reboot Superman, I'll gladly pay and man up, no problem. Until then, it's on. Directors are being linked to the next Superman outing. It's only a matter of timing.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 pm

verslibre wrote:

Would you say Spidey had a minor roll in Civil War? Spidey/Parker had more lines than Superman/Clark in BvS = minor roll
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:03 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Would you say Spidey had a minor roll in Civil War? Spidey/Parker had more lines than Superman/Clark in BvS = minor roll

He had a jelly roll? :lol:

They both had more lines than Ryan Gosling in Drive. Does that mean Gosling had a minor role in the film? (Hint: No.)

Seriously, you're going by dialogue? Sounds like the theory of the "nonexistent" Marvel vs. DC movie war keeps getting disproven. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Trying to get to the theater this weekend for IW. Just became a new daddy so I'm going to try. Hearing epic things. Glad it's as big as it should be.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:53 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Trying to get to the theater this weekend for IW. Just became a new daddy so I'm going to try. Hearing epic things. Glad it's as big as it should be.

Hey congrats YJ!!!
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:35 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Trying to get to the theater this weekend for IW. Just became a new daddy so I'm going to try. Hearing epic things. Glad it's as big as it should be.

Congrats on the new arrival, Young-el! Now to figure out her superhero name!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:05 am

IW's Thursday racked up 39 million.

That is MASSIVE.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks bros! Had a baby girl on April 11th and she's everything I ever wanted. She was welcomed to the House of EL with open arms! :lol:

Infinity War is leaving people completely speechless and flabbergasted. Glad it delivers for most MCU fans. Shocked that it doesn't for some. Did you guys go yet?
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:08 am

Saw the 10am showing today. It's amazing, the 10 years invested to get to this point. There's one thing 1 would change in the finale. Can't wait for you guys to see it so I can talk about it.

10am showing was basically sold out. Estimating 235-245M weekend
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:22 am

Lemme tell ya, I'm thrilled a CBM beat that bloated overrated franchise!

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Breaks All-Time Opening Weekend Record With $250 Million

We now have a new record for the biggest box office opening of all time. Current industry estimates have “Avengers: Infinity War” scoring an astronomical $250 million in its opening weekend, topping the previous record of $247.9 million made by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” three years ago.

(^That's from the MSM article, but the URL won't link here.)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/avengers-infinity-war-scores-second-144145218.html

(So what was that bullshit again about "superhero fatigue"?)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:27 am

Woooooow. Major claps and a Ric Flair for Marvel studio's and the fans. I know the whole "rivarly" thing with DC/Marvel can get out of hand but in a nutshell, IW is the grand stage and event epic superhero films strive to be. The MCU is a juggernaut on steroids so superhero fatigue is only a figment of the haters imagination. I applaud you, Marvel.

Now get your fucking SHIT together WB :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:43 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Woooooow. Major claps and a Ric Flair for Marvel studio's and the fans. I know the whole "rivarly" thing with DC/Marvel can get out of hand but in a nutshell, IW is the grand stage and event epic superhero films strive to be. The MCU is a juggernaut on steroids so superhero fatigue is only a figment of the haters imagination. I applaud you, Marvel.

Now get your fucking SHIT together WB :lol:

:lol:

The rivalry is played off as mythic but what's truly mythic about it are its proportions! :lol:

Marvel can be the straight shooter. WB can bring the darkness. They shouldn't try to be the same thing. Tsujihara was wrong. I'm glad a new guy is overseeing things. (Unfortunately, Tsujihara still has the power to red-flag anything.)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Tue May 01, 2018 2:59 am

Final numbers in $258 million domestic and $640 million world wide. Damn!
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue May 01, 2018 3:08 am

Crazy money! SO glad it kicked Star Wars' ass.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:57 am

verslibre wrote:Crazy money! SO glad it kicked Star Wars' ass.

Yeah, I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 5 and regret that Lucas sold it to Disney. Zero interest in Episode 9.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue May 01, 2018 4:25 am

Think of all those rabid Star Wars fans now plotting to save money and buy tix to every single showing on OW for Episode IX for the express purpose of trying to beat Infinity War's opening. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 01, 2018 4:33 am

RedWingFan wrote:Final numbers in $258 million domestic and $640 million world wide. Damn!

Pure insanity. :!:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 01, 2018 10:56 pm

My brother in law saw IW last night. I trust his word. He didn't like GoTG2 whatsoever and was in the camp of liking BvS so his taste ranges with CBM's.

He absolutely loved IW. Said it was worth every penny. He knows my taste with all of this and said I'd like this one. He said "unbelievable." I trust that.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed May 02, 2018 3:06 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:My brother in law saw IW last night. I trust his word. He didn't like GoTG2 whatsoever and was in the camp of liking BvS so his taste ranges with CBM's.

He absolutely loved IW. Said it was worth every penny. He knows my taste with all of this and said I'd like this one. He said "unbelievable." I trust that.

Neither did I, and the Guardians in IW are basically more of the same, i.e. cornball antics.

What's really surprising is which hero gets the best arc. NOT who you expect.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun May 06, 2018 4:13 am

Wow. Beats another record previously set by The Horse Awakens. :shock:

[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/‘avengers-infinity-war’-becomes-fastest-film-to-earn-dollar1-billion-worldwide/ar-AAwNdQk?ocid=spartanntp[/url]
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon May 21, 2018 9:47 am

Three weeks into May and two weeks without a post. Where's the excitement? This is a Marvel thread, not a bunch of jokers still pining for a new Journey record. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon May 21, 2018 10:32 am

Journey is an A-list Rock N Roll band. Iconic. Not selling Quaddruple Gold Platonic Infinity Stone records is comical lol.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara