Monker has bored us from posting

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Monker has bored us from posting

Postby AR » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:05 pm

I have it on good authority if Monker jumped off a building and did us all a favor most of the old guard MR crew would return.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Monker has bored us from posting

Postby AR » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:20 pm

My suggestion is relieving the forum of the political thread which is dragging things down. Yes that thread is active but it is injuring this site. Get back to music and send the bug away.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:14 pm

Is someone forcing anybody here to read a particular thread or post? Not to my knowledge. What the heck, lets just throw the whole notion of free speech out the window.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:37 am

Free speech only applies in the public domain... This is a privately owned website (as is Facebook, Twitter, Rolling Stone, CNN and every other website that isn't owned by a government entity).

You have no right to free speech here except that which is granted by the forum owner (Andrew) as defined in the Terms and Conditions we all agreed to that when we signed up.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby AR » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:32 am

No fun on the responses.

I miss Deano! :lol:

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:32 am

slucero wrote:Free speech only applies in the public domain... This is a privately owned website (as is Facebook, Twitter, Rolling Stone, CNN and every other website that isn't owned by a government entity).

You have no right to free speech here except that which is granted by the forum owner (Andrew) as defined in the Terms and Conditions we all agreed to that when we signed up.

Well in that case the simple solution is, if you don't like the subject don't read it and don't comment on it which could perpetuate what you don't like. It's one thing if the person is just executing personal attacks and badgering. Not liking or agreeing with the topic or someones comments about it is another.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:44 am

Monker IS the old MR guard crew. Only dude who's been here longer is probably Andrew.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Jubilee » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:56 am

I don't think you can place the untimely demise of this board at the feet of Monker and/or the political thread. Heck, if it weren't for the political thread, this place would have no signs of life at all. Even the much anticipated return of the venerable SMFP barely moved the MR thermometer above room temperature.

Solution:
I say we fling open the flood gates. Bring back Phyllis, Dan, FF (final f(l)ight?) and whoever else, and let the games begin. Hell, I bet if we dug up Deano's rotting corpse & propped him up in front of his 386, he'd still have more life in him than this place...God rest his soul...but you know what I mean.
"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better". -- Maya Angelou
Jubilee
Cassette Tape

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:51 am

I don't know. The place just isn't the same without Rockin Deano and Robbie G.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:52 am

I do think Monker is a crotchety old asshole, but was absolutely trying to get a rise out of this place old school. :wink:

No sweat. LOL

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Jubilee » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:39 am

:lol: :lol:
See what I mean? We can't even scrape together a decent rhubarb around here anymore.

To get a rise out of this place you're gonna need the forum equivalent of a pocket full of those little blue pills, a pump, and a whole bunch of other unmentionables. :shock:. Just sayin'
"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better". -- Maya Angelou
Jubilee
Cassette Tape

Postby yulog » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:19 pm

..............thanks Deb.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Boomchild wrote:
slucero wrote:Free speech only applies in the public domain... This is a privately owned website (as is Facebook, Twitter, Rolling Stone, CNN and every other website that isn't owned by a government entity).

Well in that case the simple solution is, if you don't like the subject don't read it and don't comment on it which could perpetuate what you don't like. It's one thing if the person is just executing personal attacks and badgering. Not liking or agreeing with the topic or someones comments about it is another.

That's why some forums have moderation.. because the owner may want their rules followed and a certain degree of decorum.

Other forums, like this one, have rarely been moderated.. because that's how the ownership wants it. It just is what it is.. This is no different than Andrews "house"... his rules apply there as well as here. Your only choice is to grow a think skin and live it.

Or leave.

The unfortunate absolute truth is that 80's style melodic rock is being relegated to the $1 racks of music history.. at least for now.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby AR » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:52 am

To Monker from your friends on The Annex

Wasn't my post either. :lol:

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:55 am

Personally, I have always enjoyed Monker. However, I stay out of political threads. I don't think political or religious threads have any place on an entertainment forum and are just asking for trouble.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby trekman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:15 pm

I was here (started posting anyway) in Jan 2003. Does that make me old guard too? Maybe old fart is more like it. :mrgreen:
trekman
45 RPM

Postby ebake02 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:55 am

trekman wrote:I was here (started posting anyway) in Jan 2003. Does that make me old guard too? Maybe old fart is more like it. :mrgreen:

Not with only 254 posts in 12 years.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby yulog » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:11 pm

ebake02 wrote:
trekman wrote:I was here (started posting anyway) in Jan 2003. Does that make me old guard too? Maybe old fart is more like it. :mrgreen:

yulog
Stereo LP

Postby trekman » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:24 pm

When Andrew changed message boards, didnt we all lose posts? I think I had to start all over again? :(
trekman
45 RPM

Postby No Surprize » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:29 am

I agree. The political thread needs to be buried 6 feet under. Boring, repetitive, bullshit at it's finest. And nothing that you or I will ever be able to do anything about. End of story, end of discussion.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby yulog » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:29 am

trekman wrote:When Andrew changed message boards, didnt we all lose posts? I think I had to start all over again? :(

You may be correct on that , there was some other boards that are gone that I believe I was on somewhere around 2000 , I may be off, I don't remember when the site opened.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:36 am

yulog wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

What the fuck is that? You're not standing on the other end of that sheep with your pants down are you? :lol: :lol: :shock:
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:03 am

No Surprize wrote:I agree. The political thread needs to be buried 6 feet under. Boring, repetitive, bullshit at it's finest. And nothing that you or I will ever be able to do anything about. End of story, end of discussion.

Dude, I know the thread sometimes sucks but it's the biggest damn thread on this board. Life is bigger than rock an roll and that thread reflects that. Tons of musicians from both left and right have held and sang their beliefs. It is what it is, life in the World/USA from two varying perspectives. I try to have fun with it, what else can you do?
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby yulog » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:19 am

Image[/quote]

What the fuck is that? You're not standing on the other end of that sheep with your pants down are you? :lol: :lol: :shock:[/quote]

No ,are you standing in front with your pants down ? Image
yulog
Stereo LP

Return to Death By Stereo