35 Years Ago

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

35 Years Ago

Postby No Surprize » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:03 am

I'm posting this here since there is no AC/DC thread.

35 years old. AC/DC began recording "Back In Black" 35 years ago this month. An album that has stood the test of time and still sounds as sonically brilliant today as in 1980. It's the 2nd biggest selling album in history only trailing MJ's "Thriller". The songs, and the riffs and chord progressions that drive them, have never been more solid, and more compelling. It is still an incredible album that remains eminently accessible to both the hardcore AC/DC fan and the typical hard rock listener. When originally released it peaked at no. 4 on the charts in the US. But it continued to sell, year after year, and continues to sell to this day (one of the reasons fans speculate that AC/DC will not release compilation albums). When you buy an AC/DC album YOU know what your getting. It might just be meat & potatoes three chord power rock, but it's damn good meat & potatoes power rock! I've said it before, but at any given moment, there is a bar somewhere in the world with a girl on a stage gyrating to "You Shook Me All Night Long"" - and there probably always will be.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Return to Death By Stereo