OFFICIAL NFL 2015-2016 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2015-2016 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:58 am

S2M wrote:Everyone's team is out...so the football talk stops?

Goooooooooo Broncos.... :lol:

and just like that Brady is intercepted...

Fuck the Patriots right in the ass! :shock:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby S2M » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:10 am

That's ok...I'm not devastated.

Watching Carolina's defense annihilate Five Head will be worth it.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:24 am

In all seriousness. It can't be any more obvious that most if not all NFL games are outright rigged by the NFL themselves. The league exists strictly for money and nothing else. It's all about TV ratings and computer hits, making MAMMOTH amounts of money from sponsors. The more drama there is in games, the higher the ratings, the more money they make.

I knew last year that the Super Bowl was being scripted to give Tom Brady his final Super Bowl title. And this year it's being scripted for Peyton Manning to win his final Super Bowl title. I told friends of mine before the playoffs even started that this is the year that the NFL has Peyton Manning win his final Super Bowl.

I was accurately predicting to friends of mine what was about to happen throughout yesterdays Broncos/Patriots game a head of time.

As soon as the Patriots missed the extra point I told the people that I was watching the game with that they (The NFL) would have the Patriots get a touchdown in the final seconds of the game to pull within 2 points of the game, and that they would fail on the 2 point conversion. I kept telling the ones that I was watching the game with that there was too much time left on the clock for the NFL to have the Patriots to get a touchdown when there was 5 minutes left in the game. That wouldn't have supplied enough drama. They had to have the Patriots final touchdown happen with 30 seconds or less to go in the game.

I predicted that they would have Rodgers throw a Doug Flutie like touchdown at the end of regulation in the Packers/Cardinals game before it happened.

I can in all confidence say that every Super Bowl has been rigged since at least as far back as 1980. And in all likely-hood all of the Super Bowls have been rigged. And it's not just the Super Bowls that are rigged. They decide at the beginning of each season which teams that they are going to have play in the Super Bowl later that season.

I was fairly certain on my own that most NFL games are rigged going back to the 1980's. But in the last couple of years I've read books and website articles that do a great job of explaining how and why the games are rigged. And ever since then it's like I have the script to most games in my hand before it's even played.

It's like when I watched the WWF back in the 80's. You knew that each time Hulk Hogan was wrestling that he was gonna be getting his ass kicked at some point in the match, then he was going to do that thing where he would shake and slowly get up while his opponent kept beating on him to no effect, and then Hogan would win the match.
In NFL games, the fumbles, interceptions and such are just as predictable, with the games coming down to the final seconds of the games.

By the way, it's not just the NFL that's scripted like that. The NBA and MLB are just as rigged. Every NBA Finals and MLB World Series has been predetermined for many, many years now.

with all of these super dramatic endings of games, if it seems to good to be true, that's because it's not true.

Whenever you watch NFL, NBA or MLB games, just realize that basically, you're just watching the WWF or WWE.

I don't watch NHL games, but I have no doubt that they are equally rigged.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:05 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:In all seriousness. It can't be any more obvious that most if not all NFL games are outright rigged by the NFL themselves...

I have three issues with this.

1. The number of people that must remain silent. And not all of them are the brightest folks or have the smallest egos.
2. Put a couple thousand of the country's best players into a league and I think all the things that we see happen can and would happen. There would be enough drama to go around no matter what.
3. If rigged since 1980, you'd have a larger variety of teams winning rather than have dynasties. For example, Minnesota would have already had one or two Super Bowls to support their rapid fans. Buffalo would have won one of those damn things at least.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:20 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:In all seriousness. It can't be any more obvious that most if not all NFL games are outright rigged by the NFL themselves. The league exists strictly for money and nothing else. It's all about TV ratings and computer hits, making MAMMOTH amounts of money from sponsors. The more drama there is in games, the higher the ratings, the more money they make.

I knew last year that the Super Bowl was being scripted to give Tom Brady his final Super Bowl title. And this year it's being scripted for Peyton Manning to win his final Super Bowl title. I told friends of mine before the playoffs even started that this is the year that the NFL has Peyton Manning win his final Super Bowl.

I was accurately predicting to friends of mine what was about to happen throughout yesterdays Broncos/Patriots game a head of time.

As soon as the Patriots missed the extra point I told the people that I was watching the game with that they (The NFL) would have the Patriots get a touchdown in the final seconds of the game to pull within 2 points of the game, and that they would fail on the 2 point conversion. I kept telling the ones that I was watching the game with that there was too much time left on the clock for the NFL to have the Patriots to get a touchdown when there was 5 minutes left in the game. That wouldn't have supplied enough drama. They had to have the Patriots final touchdown happen with 30 seconds or less to go in the game.

I predicted that they would have Rodgers throw a Doug Flutie like touchdown at the end of regulation in the Packers/Cardinals game before it happened.

I can in all confidence say that every Super Bowl has been rigged since at least as far back as 1980. And in all likely-hood all of the Super Bowls have been rigged. And it's not just the Super Bowls that are rigged. They decide at the beginning of each season which teams that they are going to have play in the Super Bowl later that season.

I was fairly certain on my own that most NFL games are rigged going back to the 1980's. But in the last couple of years I've read books and website articles that do a great job of explaining how and why the games are rigged. And ever since then it's like I have the script to most games in my hand before it's even played.

It's like when I watched the WWF back in the 80's. You knew that each time Hulk Hogan was wrestling that he was gonna be getting his ass kicked at some point in the match, then he was going to do that thing where he would shake and slowly get up while his opponent kept beating on him to no effect, and then Hogan would win the match.
In NFL games, the fumbles, interceptions and such are just as predictable, with the games coming down to the final seconds of the games.

By the way, it's not just the NFL that's scripted like that. The NBA and MLB are just as rigged. Every NBA Finals and MLB World Series has been predetermined for many, many years now.

with all of these super dramatic endings of games, if it seems to good to be true, that's because it's not true.

Whenever you watch NFL, NBA or MLB games, just realize that basically, you're just watching the WWF or WWE.

I don't watch NHL games, but I have no doubt that they are equally rigged.

Jerry Fletcher they let you on the internet? :lol:
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Memorex wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:In all seriousness. It can't be any more obvious that most if not all NFL games are outright rigged by the NFL themselves...

I have three issues with this.

1. The number of people that must remain silent. And not all of them are the brightest folks or have the smallest egos.
2. Put a couple thousand of the country's best players into a league and I think all the things that we see happen can and would happen. There would be enough drama to go around no matter what.
3. If rigged since 1980, you'd have a larger variety of teams winning rather than have dynasties. For example, Minnesota would have already had one or two Super Bowls to support their rapid fans. Buffalo would have won one of those damn things at least.

#1. Professional athletes in NFL, NBA and MLB have to sign what is basically a "gag-agreement" that they wont discuss the rigging of games. Also, you have to keep in mind that the mainstream media will NOT report the fact that most games are rigged. The networks, magazines, newspapers etc, etc all make big money off of those leagues, and if they reported the fact that the games are rigged, they'd be costing themselves a huge amount of money. And whatever reporters/stations/newspapers that took part in the report would be fired or face other negative consequences as a result.

#2 I kind of agree with you on that, but not fully.

#3 The leagues like story-lines that help get ratings and website hits. An example is the idea that certain teams are cursed. Examples like that are the Cubs, Red Sox and Indians in Baseball, the Browns and Lions in football. They promote the idea that the entire city of Cleveland is cursed in all sports. They also promote things like the Sports Illustrated cover curse, or the Maden cover curse.

Look at Cleveland. Since most of you who are reading this are not from Cleveland like I am, you may not be as familiar with these events as I am? But just in my lifetime if you look at all of the historical collapses that Cleveland teams have had, there's just no way that that many major collapses would happen to the sports teams of just one city in that time period.

If you're not familiar with these events, look them up... "Red Right 88" "The Drive" "The Fumble" "The Shot" "The Shot 2" Jose Mesa's collapse in the 9th inning of game 7 of the 1995 World Series. And other lesser known collapses like the Browns VS the Steelers in the 2002 playoffs, or Joel Skinner giving Kenny Lofton the signal to stop at third base for no apparent reason and costing the Indians the chance to possibly go to the World Series in 2007. There are other games involving the Browns, Indians and Cavs that had completely unrealistic dramatic collapses at the end of the game, but they were regular season games, and I'd have to Google those specific dates/games to list them.
My point....
No one city would have all of those collapses with all 3 of their major teams without it being story-line driven.
The owners change, the general managers change, the coaches change, the players change, the venues change, and yet Cleveland can never win one major title in over 50 years???

The Chicago Cubs can't win one World Series in well over 100 years???

The reverse can be said too....
Look at certain teams or cities that seem to have every unrealistic thing go right for them game after game year after year. Or how all 3 or 4 of the sports teams (In one city) suddenly get "really good" at the exact same time after being nothing special for a long stretch.

For those of you who are not aware of this...
The owners of sports teams are legally allowed to stage their games. The only thing that the leagues are promising you is entertainment, not that the games are legitimate.
Last edited by Journey/Survivor on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:05 pm

well considering what Carolina did to Seattle and Arizona.. the SB should be a total blowout..

heck just looking at both teams previous 2 games.. its a hard bet to think the broncos D is gonna able hold the panthers to a point number that the broncos can beat (20 points)...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:09 pm

slucero wrote:well considering what Carolina did to Seattle and Arizona.. the SB should be a total blowout..

heck just looking at both teams previous 2 games.. its a hard bet to think the broncos D is gonna able hold the panthers to a point number that the broncos can beat (20 points)...

I agree, if the Super Bowl is played legitimately, Carolina should win very easily. I just don't think that it will be played legitimately.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:01 am

Johnny Manziel's father worried QB won't 'live to see his 24th birthday'

If Johnny Manziel doesn't receive help, he won't make it to his next birthday, his father told The Dallas Morning News on Friday.

Manziel's father, Paul, told the newspaper that the Cleveland Browns quarterback has refused to enter area rehab facilities twice in the past week. He said the family tried to get Manziel, 23, to enter a local addiction facility on Saturday, but Manziel refused to stay. Paul Manziel said he tried to have his son admitted to a psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital on Tuesday, but Manziel was allowed to leave, despite his father telling officers that he believed Manziel was suicidal.

"I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday," Paul Manziel told the paper.

Manziel turns 24 in December.

The first attempt to get Manziel to enter rehab, his father told the newspaper, was Saturday afternoon after news surfaced of a police investigation into an alleged incident between Manziel and his ex-girlfriend the night before. According to the police report, Manziel and his ex-girlfriend were at a hotel in downtown Dallas and left together after he struck her. The ex-girlfriend told officers that she and Manziel shouted angrily at each other and that he struck her several more times on the drive to her apartment in Fort Worth, Texas.

ABC affiilate WFAA, citing unnamed sources, reported that Manziel told the ex-girlfriend to "shut up or I'll kill us both" after he forced her into the car. The woman alleged that Manziel was acting "as if he were on some kind of drugs" but maintained he was not intoxicated.

In its initial statement Saturday, Fort Worth police said the woman "advised our officers of concerns that she had regarding the well-being of her ex-boyfriend," prompting police to search for Manziel, including by helicopter. Officers said they later determined Manziel was safe and in no danger. Manziel wasn't charged by the Fort Worth or Dallas police departments, which said Thursday they consider their investigations closed.

Manziel, in an interview with TMZ Sports posted on its website Thursday, said of the allegations that he struck his ex-girlfriend: "It didn't happen." He also said, "I'm completely stable. I'm safe and secure."

Manziel's agent, Erik Burkhardt, cut ties with Manziel earlier Friday, saying in a statement that "it has become painfully obvious" that Manziel's future "rests solely in his own hands."

"His family and I have gone to great lengths to outline the steps we feel he must take to get his life in order. Accountability is the foundation of any relationship, and without it, the function of my work is counterproductive," Burkhardt said.

"I truly wish the best for Johnny and sincerely hope he can, and will, find the kind of peace and happiness he deserves."

The Browns released a statement saying they would address Manziel's status "when permitted by league rules." A source told ESPN's Pat McManamon earlier this week that the Browns plan to release Manziel in March.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby AR » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:36 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Johnny Manziel's father worried QB won't 'live to see his 24th birthday'

If Johnny Manziel doesn't receive help, he won't make it to his next birthday, his father told The Dallas Morning News on Friday.

He was so obviously the next Ryan Leaf in making it wasn't even funny. How any football professional could have drafted him, much less in the first round is inexplicable.

Oh that's right it was Cleveland.......

Agent cuts ties with Johnny Manziel and releases a sad statement about the quarterback's future

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/agen ... 19455.html

Johnny Manziel Threatened To Kill Himself And His Then-Girlfriend, According To A New Report
https://www.yahoo.com/news/johnny-manzi ... 36281.html
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:26 am

The Browns drafting Manziel was strictly about money. They knew that they would sell more tickets/suites/jerseys etc,etc, if they drafted him.

Very few Browns fans wanted the Browns to draft him. I myself started swearing (In anger) like crazy when his name was announced as the Browns pick. I would not have drafted him any earlier than the 5th round, if even then? He has minimal skill, and there were WAY TOO MANY red-flags about the guy going into the draft.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:I agree, if the Super Bowl is played legitimately, Carolina should win very easily. I just don't think that it will be played legitimately.

I don't want to believe you, but here in the third quarter it sure seems like someone is making Carolina play dead.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Memorex wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:I agree, if the Super Bowl is played legitimately, Carolina should win very easily. I just don't think that it will be played legitimately.

I don't want to believe you, but here in the third quarter it sure seems like someone is making Carolina play dead.

I wish the games were all legitimate, but they're not.

Like I said in another post. I pretty much figured out that the games were rigged way back when I was still a teenager in the 1980's. Back then I thought that they were strictly rigged by the mafia, and that it wasn't all games that were rigged.

I started realizing a number of years ago that the leagues themselves were rigging the games. And then I read a bunch of books and websites explaining how everything works with advertising money and ratings. I didn't mention this in any of my other posts, but last year I was telling my friends that I was watching the Super Bowl with that I was positive that Seattle was going to turnover the ball at the goal-line on that play at the end of the game. I was 99% sure that they were going to have Tom Brady win one last title, and do it in a dramatic fashion. And then BAM, interception in the end zone, Patriots win. What coach worth a damn would have called a pass play in that situation?

The NFL has certain teams that they love, and they script the games in those teams favor. They love the Steelers, Patriots, Giants, Ravens and one or two other teams.

The NFL themselves are manufacturing scandals lately for publicity. "Tapegate" "Bounty Gate" "Deflategate" and the Peyton Manning HGH scandal. Those scandals are generating lots of viewers on ESPN and other sports shows, as well as internet hits which makes the NFL and it's sponsors a lot of money, and it distracts from the bigger picture that the games are outright rigged by the leagues. The leagues can live with fans thinking that players or teams cheat, because they know that people will still watch the games and buy the merchandise. But as soon as everyone realizes that the leagues themselves are outright rigging the games, then people will stop watching.

Like I said, the mainstream media make billions of dollars off of the sports leagues, so they will never admit that the leagues rig the games themselves. It's alright to report a certain player or team "cheating," but they will not report the fact that the leagues are basically the WWE, all scripted.

As soon as the majority of people start to realize that the games are scripted, the leagues will start new scandals to make it look as if any rigging is being done by "Outside forces," and that they were not aware of it, and those "Outside forces" will be punished.

Again, remember, it is NOT illegal for the NFL, NBA or MLB to rig their games. The only thing that they are promising anyone is that they will be entertained by the games, not that they are legitimately played.

I already know that a lot of you who are reading this are going to think that I'm being paranoid or a "conspiracy theorist," but continue to pay attention, and over time I think that most of you will realize that the NFL,NBA and MLB games are rigged by the leagues themselves. It's all about ratings, which make the leagues billions and billions of dollars.

I was 99% certain that they had plans for Peyton Manning to win a final title this year, just like I was 99% sure that the plan was for Tom Brady to win one more (and likely his last) title last year.

All right, let the J/S bashing begin. :lol:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:27 am

great defenses win superbowls.
the only way that game would have been rigged is Cam was in on it.
He definitely does not need money to sway the game.
He just flat all played badly.

This is not professional wrestling.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:06 am

scarab wrote:great defenses win superbowls.

Are you sure about that :?:

Triple HVerified account
‏@TripleH

Congratulations to the Denver @Broncos on winning #SB50! We have something coming your way shortly... #ChampsAreHere

:lol:
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:46 am

Yes, it basically is pro wrestling in terms of realism.

Yes, Cam Newton was in on it. All of the players are in on it. It's in their contracts when they sign that they will do as they are instructed by the league, and they will not go public with that. They would get the $hit sued out of them if they go public with that. Plus, they would be hated by teammates.

I used to work with someone who had played in the NFL. He was only a backup player, and only played for like 3 seasons. He used to hint at the fact that the games were not what they seemed. And he played in the mid 1980's. The fixing is even more blatant in more recent years than when he played. The place that he and I worked at would have football pools every week during the football season. There were about 70 guys and maybe 5 women that would bet on the company football pools on a regular basis. He and I were the only ones that ever bet by the theory that the games were rigged. And it was constantly him or I that won the pool. I'm not saying that no-one else ever won, but he or I would win 4 out of every 5 weeks.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Everyone loves a good conspiracy. You can't rig football. It's way too violent and fast. There are plenty of upsets in the league that happen week to week and there are many storyline ' s over the years where the NFL could have benefited from where the opposite result happened.

Denver did it's job. It anybody followed them this season, their defense was that good since week 1 and performed like that consistently all season. They were a force on defense and it showed. Carolina, not once, played a defense like Denvers. The only team that shredded them was Pittsburgh. That's it. To any fan who follows week to week shouldn't be surprised to see Denver win it all with that suffocating #1 defense. They earned it.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:

Yes, it basically is pro wrestling in terms of realism.

Yes, Cam Newton was in on it. All of the players are in on it. It's in their contracts when they sign that they will do as they are instructed by the league, and they will not go public with that. They would get the $hit sued out of them if they go public with that. Plus, they would be hated by teammates.

I used to work with someone who had played in the NFL. He was only a backup player, and only played for like 3 seasons. He used to hint at the fact that the games were not what they seemed. And he played in the mid 1980's. The fixing is even more blatant in more recent years than when he played. The place that he and I worked at would have football pools every week during the football season. There were about 70 guys and maybe 5 women that would bet on the company football pools on a regular basis. He and I were the only ones that ever bet by the theory that the games were rigged. And it was constantly him or I that won the pool. I'm not saying that no-one else ever won, but he or I would win 4 out of every 5 weeks.

My cousin, Dave Costa, played for the 9'ers and then was picked up by the Steelers a few years before being cut. His stories were the complete opposite and his journey took a ton of hard work beyond belief. He played in Canada as well. The way the game is setup, it's impossible to rig. It's a business and a very layered one especially in the offseason. That's where most of the stuff is complicated..behind closed doors.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:31 am

The refs determined this game from jump. And YES, ONE play can determine the outcome of a game...even if it is in the 1st Q.

That WAS a catch in the first quarter...which led to Denver's defensive TD. That play should have never happened. And what it did was allow more clock at the end of the game for Denver to score their last TD. That's a 14-point swing, and that's without taking into account CAR scoring again.

Talib was offsides on CAR last FG. Would have gave them a first and 10 from the 25(?). Another officiating 'mistake'.

Even with Denver's defense, CAR had this game if not for the shoddy officiating.

Denver was not flagged in the 2nd half...BULLSHIT. If folks can't see this as fixed, I don't know what to tell you.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby scarab » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:14 am

the refs must of caused that strip sack too.
it was Denvers game to lose after that.

If a play is called one way on the field, a replay has to have overwhelming evidence to overturn.
That "catch" did not.

Denver defense ruled and Cam could not overcome it.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 am

I honestly didn't give a shit who won the game, it meant nothing to me this year. But that was very clearly a clean catch by the Panthers. One of my friends that I was watching the game with desperately wanted the Broncos to win the game, and even he conceded without hesitation that it was a clean catch.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 am

I do not care who won the game either.
But the best team won, by two touchdowns.
If a bad call by the refs caused the Panthers to lose. Then they should.

Only Cam could have "caused" the team to lose. Did he?
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:57 pm

scarab wrote:I do not care who won the game either.
But the best team won, by two touchdowns.
If a bad call by the refs caused the Panthers to lose. Then they should.

Only Cam could have "caused" the team to lose. Did he?

Cam played horrible, but he also was the culprit of bad team play. His offense was horrific. Fumbling galore and his tackles got abused and bruised. Cam had no chance and the play calling was awful. They should of let him run the ball more and designed some runs for him. Denver was blowing past their ends and literally running by both tackles. Good offensive play calling would have scorched a rush coming upfield like that. They didn't even manage to chip Miller or Ware on the edge. Denver was outmatched with Seattle a few years ago, but this was different. Carolina actually matched up well with Denver and Carolina's defense matched Denver and the ability to force turnovers. Carolina just picked a terrible time to fall flat offensively; especially the run game. They needed to be more creative and take advantage of Denver's smaller edge rushers. They didn't and they looked every bit as bad as any offense could. The lights were way too bright for them.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Death By Stereo