OFFICIAL NFL 2015-2016 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2015-2016 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:25 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger expected to miss at least 4 weeks with knee injury, per source - @AdamSchefter
see original on twitter.com

What you hearing in the 'burg Travis?

They are hoping the ACL is intact. The injury didn't look good. The entire fanbase and city is in a stand-still; panic mode. It's weird. If the ACL is intact and no more interior damage is done, I can see a 6-8 week diagnosis, but I fear he's done for the season. We're already gearing up for life without Ben and life with Michael Vick.

I still haven't seen a good replay of the hit, was it intentional or not? Looked like a freak play from what I saw. Anyways, I hate that fucker but I hope he's ok. He's like Brady, I hate them both but secretly wish they were on my team. :lol: You'll be ok with Vick I think, it'll be a whole different game though. Good luck.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby slucero » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 am

Watching 9er game...

man.. I've never laughed so hard in my life watching a football game...

Kaepernick QBR 16.7

The only positive for the 9ers is Hyde.. when he touches the ball he's electric.. but for the 3rd week in a row.. Hyde gets his bell rung and is pulled from the game... like I said earlier.. he'll be on IR by mid season..
Last edited by slucero on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:51 am

Fact Finder wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger expected to miss at least 4 weeks with knee injury, per source - @AdamSchefter

They are hoping the ACL is intact. The injury didn't look good. The entire fanbase and city is in a stand-still; panic mode. It's weird. If the ACL is intact and no more interior damage is done, I can see a 6-8 week diagnosis, but I fear he's done for the season. We're already gearing up for life without Ben and life with Michael Vick.

I still haven't seen a good replay of the hit, was it intentional or not? Looked like a freak play from what I saw. Anyways, I hate that fucker but I hope he's ok. He's like Brady, I hate them both but secretly wish they were on my team. :lol: You'll be ok with Vick I think, it'll be a whole different game though. Good luck.

The defender stumbled into Ben's leg... reports are he's out at least 4 weeks..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:02 pm

Fact Finder wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:

It was a freak accident. Dude was stumbling on a safety blitz and fell into Bens leg. Not intentional at all. Confirmed that no ACL damage. Ben will be back in 4 weeks and in time to kick the Bungles ass :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:45 pm

This is one guy I wouldn't mind watching die from his injury. :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:44 am

I guess I'll take 15 out of 16 Pickems. :D
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Memorex » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:07 am

Fact Finder wrote:I guess I'll take 15 out of 16 Pickems. :D

Pretty damn good week for you. Since the season is over, does this mean you won? :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:57 am

Memorex wrote:

Pretty damn good week for you. Since the season is over, does this mean you won? :)

Oh no, there are still plenty of weeks left where I could do as bad as Travis did last week. :lol:

In the 5 years that we've played this game I don't ever remember picking more than 11 or maybe 12 games right. I usually pick a solid 8 or 10 most weeks, but this week took me by surprise, I wasn't totally sold on some of those picks, and the fucking Eagles have my head spinning after the shit pile they laid the first 2 games, and then they go and ruin a perfect 16 win week for me. :evil:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:34 am

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE
45m
Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross confirms firing of head coach Joe Philbin: 'This was a tough decision for me to make, knowing how tirelessly Joe worked in his four years here to make this a winning team' - @AP
read more on bigstory.ap.org
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Memorex wrote:

Oh no, there are still plenty of weeks left where I could do as bad as Travis did last week. :lol:

In the 5 years that we've played this game I don't ever remember picking more than 11 or maybe 12 games right. I usually pick a solid 8 or 10 most weeks, but this week took me by surprise, I wasn't totally sold on some of those picks, and the fucking Eagles have my head spinning after the shit pile they laid the first 2 games, and then they go and ruin a perfect 16 win week for me. :evil:

So how did I do this week? I really don't wanna look lmao. These games are hard to pick this year. I'm picking the wrong upsets that's for sure. It's an upset league.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:52 am

Ha, I know what you mean. I thought Az was a lock yesterday.

Yesterday had JohnfromBoston @ 10 , Memorex and me @ 9 , DavePC and Mike @ 8 , Slucero and you picked 7. For the year so far:

Fact Finder 41
Memorex 40
DavePC 38
Slucero 36
Enigma 35
YoungJrny 33
Mike 33
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:53 am

Okay cool, I'm shocked I got 7! I put my picks in early in the week. I thought Brees was going to be out VS Dallas. Heard it was a good game last night.

I did get to watch the Denver, Minny game and it was a very, very good one. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Denver ' s D seems to make THAT play at the end of the game. They are machines at forcing turnovers. Manning is terrible.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:07 pm

man Seattle got a gift... and Dallas looked like hell...

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:28 am

Man, my Bungs pulled it off. What a game against the Seahags! :P :) :D :lol:

5-0 Baby!
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Memorex » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:47 am

Fact Finder wrote:Man, my Bungs pulled it off. What a game against the Seahags! :P :) :D :lol:

5-0 Baby!

Been liking Cin for a few years. This is great to see.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 am

Memorex wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Man, my Bungs pulled it off. What a game against the Seahags! :P :) :D :lol:

5-0 Baby!

Been liking Cin for a few years. This is great to see.

Yeah this was our team last year but Eifert, Jones, Burfict, Green and a few more were hurt most of the year and we had none of them in the playoff loss to Indy. Now that all of them are healthy we see what they can do, plus Burfict is not even back yet. I think he comes back week 6 or 8. If things stay intact that upgrade to the D would be amazing to see. We get @Buffalo then a bye then @Pittsburgh. I can see 7-0 especially if Big Ben is still hampered. In any event, this Bungal fan is happy. :D
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:22 am

Wouldn't surprise me to see Cincy choke down the stretch. Remember, teams like the Panthers and Broncos are 5-0 as well. Half of those teams won't be nearly as good as they are at the end of the year as they are now. We're still in pretender season.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:18 am

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was pulled over Monday because of a domestic incident and admitted to drinking earlier in the day, according to a police report.

Several witnesses called police after seeing Manziel and his girlfriend, TCU student Colleen Elizabeth Crowley, arguing in a vehicle on Monday. The argument escalated to the point that Crowley tried to leave the car as it exited a highway.

Both Manziel and Crowley admitted to arguing, and Manziel told police they had been drinking earlier in the day. The police officer made the determination that Manziel was not intoxicated and he was not charged.

The report was first obtained by WEWS-TV in Cleveland.

"We were aware of the situation," Browns GM Ray Farmer said in a statement. "It is a matter that we take seriously and have expressed our concerns to Johnny directly. Those conversations will remain private and we will refrain from further comment at this time."

Manziel spent 10 weeks in rehab for unspecified treatment earlier this year. It is not known if his aftercare prohibits him from drinking.

The police report said a driver on an interstate west of Cleveland, near Manziel's home, was passed by a car on the shoulder going what she thought was about 90 miles per hour. As they entered Avon, where Manziel lives, the driver noticed the car "cut over several lanes of (traffic) and begin to exit" the highway.

At that point, the driver saw a female passenger trying to open her door, with the driver holding her back. The witness said the driver had his arm and elbow around the neck of the female.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:24 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Wouldn't surprise me to see Cincy choke down the stretch. Remember, teams like the Panthers and Broncos are 5-0 as well. Half of those teams won't be nearly as good as they are at the end of the year as they are now. We're still in pretender season.

If Andy keeps his head and injuries don't pile up, we should be good to go. This team won't back down like teams of past years. Confidence is high on this team for once. Can't wait until Sunday! :D
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby mikemarrs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Well after the first ten years of really good football 1999-2008 bookmarked with 13-3 finish in 1999 and a 13-3 finish in 2008 the last few years have not been kind to Tennessee since 2009.

First i think letting Fisher go hurt us and the reason he left was having VY thrust on him by owner Bud Adams. Fisher and TN fit together good. Fisher would have a bad year here or there but always bounced back in contention.

After 2010 Fisher left and the real bad mistakes began in 2011 like making an offensive line coach into a head coach Mike Munchak and drafting a QB who had a losing record and mediocre numbers in college Jake Locker.

Following four bad seasons in 2014 both Locker/Munchak are gone making way for head coach Ken Whisenhunt and just drafted QB Marcus Mariota.

This time the QB is fine but the head coach was a mistake. The following numbers are not a mistake.....

Whisenhunt is 3-18 so far in TN as coach and 4-26 in his last thirty games.
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:44 am

mikemarrs wrote:Well after the first ten years of really good football 1999-2008 bookmarked with 13-3 finish in 1999 and a 13-3 finish in 2008 the last few years have not been kind to Tennessee since 2009.

First i think letting Fisher go hurt us and the reason he left was having VY thrust on him by owner Bud Adams. Fisher and TN fit together good. Fisher would have a bad year here or there but always bounced back in contention.

After 2010 Fisher left and the real bad mistakes began in 2011 like making an offensive line coach into a head coach Mike Munchak and drafting a QB who had a losing record and mediocre numbers in college Jake Locker.

Following four bad seasons in 2014 both Locker/Munchak are gone making way for head coach Ken Whisenhunt and just drafted QB Marcus Mariota.

This time the QB is fine but the head coach was a mistake. The following numbers are not a mistake.....

Whisenhunt is 3-18 so far in TN as coach and 4-26 in his last thirty games.

Thanks for Munch! The dude has done a miracle here in Pittsburgh. Though we continue to lose Pouncey for a significant part of season's and now with our starting LT on IR, Munch is our saving grace here in Pittsburgh. Without him, I don't think Ben would have ever had a solid O-line in front of him. The dude has done wonders and needs to continue to do so. Coaching, sometimes, is everything.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Woerking 7 days; 12 hours, I can never get my Thursday picks in. But from my Sunday records, it might not matter lol.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:59 am

Good game today Travis, both teams seemed out of sync with Ben getting back in the flow and the Bungs just a bit off due to having last week off. Nice Sunday slugfest of AFC North football. Hope Bell is ok.

I gotta gloat though, first time in team history we are 7-0 , damn it feels good for once. :)
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:05 am

As much as I love Ben, he stunk up the joint, especially those last couple drives after those Dalton interceptions. The Steelers defense played their nuts off. It's been awhile since Ben lost a game and Tomlin's clock management continues to be below average. Sucks about Bell, but I still like my team and their chances. I'll take this team going into Cincinnati, say, in January. I'll take that all day long, but good win, FF. I think we'll see you 2 more times.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Welcome to the New England Invitational....who's playing for 2nd? :wink: :wink:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:08 am

Denver is playing the type of defense that wins Super Bowls.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:30 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Denver is playing the type of defense that wins Super Bowls.

That's what folks were saying about Seattle last year. Also, GB's defense is ranked 28th, I believe. Patriots beat the Jets, a top 2 defense. Denver doesn't worry me.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:58 am

Seattle's defense was good last season, but not even close to the suffocating defense they were 2 years ago when they beat Denver. They started showing holes in their defense last season that carried over to this season.

I wouldn't boast about beating the Jets defense. On paper, they look tough but that performance against Oakland yesterday was pathetic. They looked scared and whiffed on nothing but air all day. Their tackling was pop warner at best.

Denver ' s defense, right now, are putting together some historic numbers and by far and above the best defense in the league in smothering and putting together defensive points off of turnovers. That's a scary defense.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 am

I hope you guys like watching my Bungals. With 9 games left you are going to see them 5 times in Prime Time. Starting now with 3 in a row.

Bungs v Brownies
Bungs v Texans
Bungs @ Arizona

then

Bungs @ Broncos
Bungs @ 49er"s

to end the season.

Hope we don't choke...again. :P
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby slucero » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:06 pm

in other news..

Kaerpernick just got benched (so its Gabbert vs the Bungs.. if he survives that long )
Vernon Davis traded to the Broncos for 2 6th round picks!
Reggie "Glass" Bush has a torn MCL.. is done for the year... and likely as a 49er
Mike Davis (the other running back) has a broken hand.. needs surgery...

irony/karma, Davis gets thrown to again, gets a shot at a ring..

The 9ers are a fucking raging dumpsterfire..

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo