Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Jubilee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:03 am

:shock:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... -leibovitz

Who'd a thunk it. When the stories of Bruce Jenner becoming a woman first appeared I dismissed it as Hollywood/entertainment industry/scandal rag clap-trap. Then came the Diane Sawyer interview, and now this. Guess it's official... :?
"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better". -- Maya Angelou
Jubilee
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Right in the Middle

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:27 am

Call me Caitlyn.

No Bruce, I will not participate in your mental illness. :roll:

On another note, that's one hell of a photoshop job.
Last edited by Fact Finder on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:05 am

YUCK!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:50 am

Looks like a meth hooker.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:53 am

No comment...... I can't think of any thing appropriate.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Boomchild » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:40 pm

I always thought I should have been born a dog. Is there an operation for that??
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5719
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Majestic » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:18 pm

I usually stay out of threads like these, but there is something that bothers me about this whole business of gender "reassignment."

It seems apparent to me that anyone who would seek reassignment has got big problems going on, and I don't want to mock them or stigmatize them when I have no idea what they are going through. There are probably complicated situations such as hermaphrodites, or similar things where it becomes necessary to assign someone a gender. People who are having problems should be helped when they can be. But here is the thing that drives me crazy. Why is it that it is PC and acceptable for someone like Bruce to go through a gender reassignment to help him with whatever he is going through, but the alternative of finding a way to change him into a man who is comfortable with being the man that he actually already is would be bigoted and insensitive but changing into a woman that is not and never can be, is OK? Its just ludicrous.

The worst part, is that many who go through these procedures are still very unhappy with themselves feeling ostracized and even suicidal. Maybe because of rejection, but probably also due the high amounts of hormones and therapies that are unnatural to the male body and brain causing havoc. Whatever it is that Bruce was/is going through, I find it tragic and unconscionable that rather than getting professional help that actually makes sense and that actually would help they've butchered and mutilated this poor soul and probably worsened a very bad situation. It really saddens and angers me to see this sort of thing happen.
Majestic
8 Track
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Everett, WA, USA

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Jubilee » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:36 am

Majestic wrote:I usually stay out of threads like these, but there is something that bothers me about this whole business of gender "reassignment."

It seems apparent to me that anyone who would seek reassignment has got big problems going on, and I don't want to mock them or stigmatize them when I have no idea what they are going through. There are probably complicated situations such as hermaphrodites, or similar things where it becomes necessary to assign someone a gender. People who are having problems should be helped when they can be. But here is the thing that drives me crazy. Why is it that it is PC and acceptable for someone like Bruce to go through a gender reassignment to help him with whatever he is going through, but the alternative of finding a way to change him into a man who is comfortable with being the man that he actually already is would be bigoted and insensitive but changing into a woman that is not and never can be, is OK? Its just ludicrous.

The worst part, is that many who go through these procedures are still very unhappy with themselves feeling ostracized and even suicidal. Maybe because of rejection, but probably also due the high amounts of hormones and therapies that are unnatural to the male body and brain causing havoc. Whatever it is that Bruce was/is going through, I find it tragic and unconscionable that rather than getting professional help that actually makes sense and that actually would help they've butchered and mutilated this poor soul and probably worsened a very bad situation. It really saddens and angers me to see this sort of thing happen.



I get what you're saying, but I disagree. First you're assuming he didn't seek help to work out whatever gender identity issues he was having. Second you're assuming if he had sought help the outcome would have been different.

I'm not a sandal-wearing, tree-hugging, tofu-farting liberal, and I don't want to wax too philosophical, but, sometimes what is...is. Perhaps it's those of us on the outside looking in who are letting our eyes deceive us. If Bruce/Caitlyn says she's always felt like a woman, well then...
"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better". -- Maya Angelou
Jubilee
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Right in the Middle

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby ebake02 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:33 am

perryfan61 wrote:No comment...... I can't think of any thing appropriate.


Come on, spill it. Don't tease us like that. :lol:
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: North Central PA

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:43 am

ebake02 wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:No comment...... I can't think of any thing appropriate.


Come on, spill it. Don't tease us like that. :lol:


I just feel that he (she) has the right to do whatever, but it should be a private matter, not splashed all over the news.... Just sayin.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Meanwhile, in Afghanistan:

Image
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2281
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Image
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2281
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Fact Finder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:15 am

Two questions:

Do we know yet if Bruce has had his chopadickoffame surgery?

Has Chaz Bono had her addadicktome surgery?

Inquiring minds.... :shock:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Memorex » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:28 pm

I can answer both questions.

Who gives a fuck?
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Two questions:

Do we know yet if Bruce has had his chopadickoffame surgery?

Has Chaz Bono had her addadicktome surgery?

Inquiring minds.... :shock:


The two of them could get together and save a buck.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:The two of them could get together and save a buck.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5719
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby steveo777 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Please make it stop! I'm eating my cheery-O's with milk and blue berrys. I want to enjoy my meal and not have to puke!
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 10925
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby ebake02 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:46 am

Someone explain to me why he/she is getting the Arthur Ashe Courage award from ESPN instead of Lauren Hill?
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: North Central PA

Re: Introducing Caitlyn Jenner...

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 am

Fact Finder wrote:Two questions:

Do we know yet if Bruce has had his chopadickoffame surgery?


I thought I heard that Bruce or whatever name is now being used wasn't going that far. Geez, you would think that such a brave, champion and hero wouldn't go halfway. No balls. Which makes sense when you think about it.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5719
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania


Return to Death By Stereo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests