Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Postby AR » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:32 am

Simply outstanding.

Great to hear a legacy band still being creative and not going through the motions. I hope they play the entire piece of work on the next tour. One of the few long time bands that would have the guts to do something like that and get away with it.

Up the Irons! :D
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Postby verslibre » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:48 am

I hear there are single and double disc editions. I thought this was supposed to be a double-length (2CD) work?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:20 am

Iron Maiden Frontman On Cancer Fight, 747 Flight

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson credits his grandfather with getting him through his recent battle with cancer.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=820239
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby TageRyche » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:00 pm

verslibre wrote:I hear there are single and double disc editions. I thought this was supposed to be a double-length (2CD) work?

I haven't seen a single disc edition. The album is supposedly too long for that.

The regular edition is just the two disc album. The deluxe edition comes with some sort of book, but no bonus tracks or anything.
TageRyche
LP

Postby AR » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:42 am

It's a double disc. Runs around 90 minutes.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Archetype » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:18 am

Absolutely love it. Iron Maiden is one of the bands that will never peak, only get better and better. Not a single weak song on the album, and "Empire of the Clouds" is a masterpiece of a track.

To Journey and Styx, pay attention to Iron Maiden. They'll show you how a "legacy" band stays 100% relevant.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:38 am

Not really an Iron Maiden fan, but I dig this video alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby TageRyche » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:34 am

My KNAC.com review of the new Iron Maiden album can be seen via this link.
TageRyche
LP

Postby conversationpc » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:08 am

So far, this is my favorite Maiden album since perhaps "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son". I've enjoyed their other albums since Bruce and Adrian rejoined the band but this is by far the best since then, in my opinion. Every track is above average and Bruce's voice still sounds pretty strong for a 57-year old guy.

Speaking of doing the whole album in concert, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did that. Just a few years ago, they performed almost all newer stuff for an entire show and the crowds still went nuts. Along with Rush, they're really the only other classic band that can get away with that sort of thing.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:02 am

conversationpc wrote:So far, this is my favorite Maiden album since perhaps "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son". I've enjoyed their other albums since Bruce and Adrian rejoined the band but this is by far the best since then, in my opinion. Every track is above average and Bruce's voice still sounds pretty strong for a 57-year old guy.

Speaking of doing the whole album in concert, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did that. Just a few years ago, they performed almost all newer stuff for an entire show and the crowds still went nuts. Along with Rush, they're really the only other classic band that can get away with that sort of thing.

I saw that tour. They played 11 new songs and 5 classics. It was my favorite Iron Maiden concert. Energy of the band and the crowd was through the roof the entire night.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Return to Death By Stereo