What was Your Song?

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

What was Your Song?

Postby RPM » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:21 am

I grew up on my parents music of the 50's early 60's which was great, but in 1977 when I was 13 Alan O'day
released "Undercover Angel" yeah a silly song but It started my own music Journey......What was yours?
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Re: What was Your Song?

Postby Majestic » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:52 pm

RPM wrote:I grew up on my parents music of the 50's early 60's which was great, but in 1977 when I was 13 Alan O'day
released "Undercover Angel" yeah a silly song but It started my own music Journey......What was yours?

Funny...I was seven when that song came out, and it was my first 45! :)
Majestic
8 Track

Postby scarab » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:54 am

first 45 i bought was thunder island. Jay Ferguson?
but what really cemented my musical genre was a road trip with my family. I was 11 and Escape was playing on all music channels.
Open Arms, Who's Crying Now, Stone in Love, but mostly Don't Stop Believin. After that trip joined Columbia Music Club :lol: and got Infinity, Evolution and Departure.
But back then Don't Stop Believin was my song. Now played to death it's no longer my favorite song.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:09 am

Mr. Roboto and Renegade by Styx, and a lot of Weird Al
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Frontiers65 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:49 am

King Of Nothing by Seals and Crofts. The Air That I Breathe by The Hollies.
Frontiers65
45 RPM

Postby RPM » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:58 am

Majestic wrote:
RPM wrote:I grew up on my parents music of the 50's early 60's which was great, but in 1977 when I was 13 Alan O'day

Funny...I was seven when that song came out, and it was my first 45! :)

lol....he ended up being quite the songwriter, for Cher to Helen Reddy and over 100 for children's shows.
RPM
8 Track

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:43 am

Hard to say I'm sorry by Chicago. My dad had a console stereo that would rattle the walls. He used to play Blood Sweat and Tears and a lot of other things, but also a lot of Chicago. I remember just loving the intro into Hard to say I'm sorry. That still gives me chills. It's just beautiful.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby NealIsGod » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:29 am

The first 45 I ever bought was Band on the Run. The 2nd one was Magic Man.

But the K-Tel collections were the first albums I remember listening to, with songs like "Billy Don't be a Hero" and "The Night Chicago Died".
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby JBlake » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 am

"Bodies" Drowning Pool. Wow, I can't believe it's been 14 years since it came out.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby RPM » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:05 am

NealIsGod wrote:The first 45 I ever bought was Band on the Run. The 2nd one was Magic Man.

But the K-Tel collections were the first albums I remember listening to, with songs like "Billy Don't be a Hero" and "The Night Chicago Died".

I remember those K - tel albums as well, a lot of them had that song by pilot,, whoa whoa whoa its magic...:)
RPM
8 Track

Postby Abitaman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:33 am

I was raised on country music, never really cared much for rock. Then late 77 or early 78 I heard a song called Come Sail Away, I have been hooked ever since.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Return to Death By Stereo