Scott Weiland dead at 48

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Scott Weiland dead at 48

Postby Fact Finder » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:12 pm

6m
Scott Weiland, former frontman for rock bands Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, dies at 48, wife says - @latimes
read more on latimes.com
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Re: Scott Weiland dead at 48

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:52 am

RIP. Dude never managed to get out of the fast lane.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:01 am

3:30 p.m.

Police in Minnesota say they found cocaine in the bedroom of the tour bus where former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland was found dead.

Police said they found "a small quantity" of cocaine during a search of the bus Friday following Weiland's death.

Investigators say they also found a small amount of cocaine elsewhere in the bus and arrested a California man who was traveling with Weiland. The man hasn't been charged.

Police released no additional information on Weiland's cause of death, saying it would be released by the local coroner.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:28 am

I was coming home smashed from my company holiday party when I saw the news pop up on my Twitter last week. Sucks, but not unexpected.

STP unfairly got lumped into the grunge scene because of the era they came of age in and the timbre of Weiland's voice. But their music was far more classic rock than people might realize. Very solid musicianship, guitar tones, and songwriting that at times reminds me a lot of Led Zeppelin and other classic hard rockers. Plus, STP eschewed the whole "don flannel and look bored/miserable" grunge thing for a very active live show. Belated RIP, Scott.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Return to Death By Stereo