Saw 'Force Awakens' yesterday...

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Saw 'Force Awakens' yesterday...

Postby S2M » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:39 am

....136 minutes of my life I cannot get back. I'll learn one day....
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Re: Saw 'Force Awakens' yesterday...

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:02 am

Didn't see it yet. So it sucks, eh?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby SF-Dano » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:20 am

Wouldn't say it sucks. But definitely did not live up to the hype. How could it????? The build up to this was ridiculous.
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:12 pm

not a hardcore fan and hated 2nd half of jedi and the prequels.
awakens was good enough. worth the 10 bucks.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby conversationpc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:16 am

I've seen it twice. I wasn't thrilled with it the first time. Then again, I bought tickets at the last minute and got front row seats, basically right up against the screen and in the far corner of the screen. Not the best vantage point. Liked it much better the second time.

That said, even though I enjoyed it, I see some valid criticisms. A lot of the storyline is stuff blatantly ripped off from previous movies...I won't go into it here but you'll know if you've seen it and are familiar at all with the previous movies.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:11 am

conversationpc wrote:That said, even though I enjoyed it, I see some valid criticisms. A lot of the storyline is stuff blatantly ripped off from previous movies...I won't go into it here but you'll know if you've seen it and are familiar at all with the previous movies.

I came away with the same opinion. It would be interesting to know what Lucas' treatment was. I believe Disney scrapped all of it and started fresh.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby JohnH » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm glad I went , no regrets, but it really didn't do a lot for me either. It seems like they just took every plot they could come up with and threw darts at it. Just found it hard to care. A lot of it is really confusing and it makes me want to see a great movie, like any of the first three.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby Yoda » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:52 am

Wow, tough crowd. I loved it! Seen it twice.
“Do or do not... there is no try.”
Yoda
8 Track

Postby RPM » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:31 am

I knew that, whatever we did, there would be a group of people — and I was just hoping and praying that it would be smaller than not — that would take issue with any number of things. But I knew we weren't making the movie for any other reason than we believed that it could be something meaningful and special and entertaining and worthy of people's time…I can understand that someone might say, 'Oh, it's a complete rip-off!' What was important for me was introducing brand new characters using relationships that were embracing the history that we know to tell a story that is new — to go backwards to go forward

JJ. Abrams
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Postby Boomchild » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:11 pm

RPM wrote:I knew that, whatever we did, there would be a group of people — and I was just hoping and praying that it would be smaller than not — that would take issue with any number of things. But I knew we weren't making the movie for any other reason than we believed that it could be something meaningful and special and entertaining and worthy of people's time…I can understand that someone might say, 'Oh, it's a complete rip-off!' What was important for me was introducing brand new characters using relationships that were embracing the history that we know to tell a story that is new — to go backwards to go forward

JJ. Abrams

I would not describe it as a total rip-off. But I do feel it overused the same elements from A New Hope. Way too much homage to previous movies.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Everett » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:25 am

I enjoyed the film but now I remembered why I hate the 3d. Eyes always end up watery and get dizzy after a while. Also I have never wanted to get out of a movie so much in my life after the last 30-40 mins. JUST END ALREADY lol
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby JBlake » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:53 am

I didn't like it. Sure the special effects were nice. But the story line had no "hook". The only thing the movie left me thinking about as I was walking out of the theater was "how the hell did this movie net so much money in ticket sales" and "I wonder how the die-hard Star Wars fans all felt?" And "it's a given that some liked it only because they are die-hard fans no matter what". It would be a spoiler if I listed the reasons I didn't like it. So whoever's not seen it yet, go out and see it and then you can decide. But one thing is for sure, the movie ends open for more episodes to come.

BTW - Is it just me or didn't the voice beneath "dark helmet" and the voice beneath the specific storm trouper who was left to guard the "prisoner" Sound more like a cross between the Jack In The Box clownhead and K.I.T.T. the talking night rider car? These voices are supposed to have some balls behind them. But in this episode, they were all wussied up.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby Monker » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:31 am

Everett wrote:I enjoyed the film but now I remembered why I hate the 3d. Eyes always end up watery and get dizzy after a while. Also I have never wanted to get out of a movie so much in my life after the last 30-40 mins. JUST END ALREADY lol

The ending was no where near as over lengthy as LOTR:RotK.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:34 am

JBlake wrote:I didn't like it. Sure the special effects were nice. But the story line had no "hook". The only thing the movie left me thinking about as I was walking out of the theater was "how the hell did this movie net so much money in ticket sales" and "I wonder how the die-hard Star Wars fans all felt?" And "it's a given that some liked it only because they are die-hard fans no matter what". It would be a spoiler if I listed the reasons I didn't like it. So whoever's not seen it yet, go out and see it and then you can decide. But one thing is for sure, the movie ends open for more episodes to come.

Over-all - people loved it.

So, you hate it. You wonder why it made so much money. Then you tell people to go see for themselves. Ok.

BTW - Is it just me or didn't the voice beneath "dark helmet" and the voice beneath the specific storm trouper who was left to guard the "prisoner" Sound more like a cross between the Jack In The Box clownhead and K.I.T.T. the talking night rider car? These voices are supposed to have some balls behind them. But in this episode, they were all wussied up.

It's just you. I've not read a single complaint. Are you sure these voices are not just all in your head?
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am

There are plenty of complaints re: TFA, mainly where the story is concerned. VFX, of course, gets A's across the board.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby JBlake » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:25 am

For those who have gone out and seen this flick, you can check out the link below to read up on what others have provided for their own review. Scroll down the page and click on the "show more comments" tab and you can read the good and bad

Spoil Warning: This link will provide in depth details about the flick so if you've not seen it yet, don't click on the link.

http://www.cnet.com/news/best-and-worst ... al-review/
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby verslibre » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:10 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:34 pm

I still have not seen TFA. I'm really slacking.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:36 am

verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:44 pm

verslibre wrote:Will you go see the original trilogy again instead? :lol:

http://www.cultjer.com/the-original-star-wars-trilogy-is-heading-back-to-select-cinemas-this-year

Better hurry before George Lucas decides to change it yet again.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:20 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Will you go see the original trilogy again instead? :lol:

http://www.cultjer.com/the-original-star-wars-trilogy-is-heading-back-to-select-cinemas-this-year

Better hurry before George Lucas decides to change it yet again.

He can't. He no longer owns any of it.

I wouldn't pay money to see those in the theater again. I saw them in '97. These aren't the pre-clutter versions.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:36 am

John Boyega to headline the cast of human actors in Pacific Rim 2.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/john-boyega-pacific-rim-2-1201789413/
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:14 am

verslibre wrote:John Boyega to headline the cast of human actors in Pacific Rim 2.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/john-boyega-pacific-rim-2-1201789413/

Without Del Toro, will this even get a theatrical release in the US? My guess is no.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:46 am

It's from Legendary/Universal. Now that your Star Wars buddy's been added to it, you can bet it will be in theaters.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:21 am

Holy crap! I wonder if this is true at all. If so, I feel badly for Gareth.

"I've just asked my mate who has been doing work on Rogue One, and that rumour about them reshooting almost half of the movie is true, apparently."

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-is-reshooting-nearly-half-of-the-movie
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:20 pm

verslibre wrote:It's from Legendary/Universal. Now that your Star Wars buddy's been added to it, you can bet it will be in theaters.

I'll take that bet. Just as I did for Man of Steel 2 not happening. Star Wars is a name brand. Boyega is not. Films with stars like Julia Roberts, George Clooney and Tom Cruise can no longer be counted on to have a big opening. The entire Hollywood star system has collapsed. The first Rim under-performed in the USA. Can't see a non-Del Toro sequel having a major theatrical release.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:14 am

Invictus' Julian Lewis Jones has joined the cast of Justice League. Rumored role: Kanto, another character from Jack Kirby's Fourth World. (Or he could be Steppenwolf, for all we know.)

Invictus was directed by Clint Eastwood, whose son Scott is in Suicide Squad and is in talks to join the cast of Pacific Rim 2, which comes out February 23, 2018. Not sure if Scott's still negotiating or if he's in, but IMDb makes it seem so.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Return to Death By Stereo