Qello Concerts Review

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Qello Concerts Review

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:45 am

Wifey got me Qello Concerts for Christmas, here's my take so far.

Lots of old stuff to choose from with a number of shows I didn't know existed on video. I've watched Rolling Stones "Some Girls in Texas" from 1978. I saw this exact concert 17 days earlier in Cleveland Stadium, still have the $12 ticket stub. :lol:

Watched Queens "Days of Our Lives" rockumentary which I'd never seen, as well as a BBC showcase called "Classic Albums..A Night at the Opera". Both very well done with info I didn't know. They also have about 4 other Queen Concerts most of which I've seen or owned.

"Super Duper Alice Cooper" was a doc I'd heard about but never seen. A very cool look into Vince's life and times of turning into Alice. I never knew about Alice's freebase problem and some of the old footage was new to me as well. As a huge Alice fan this was worth the $69 yearly fee alone. Also found the '79 Concert of the " From the Inside" tour which I also saw live but didn't know the video existed. I knew about the "Billion Dollar Babies" film but have never seen it, it's in my q. *****

Found an old ZZ Top show from 1980 that I saw here in Cincy. This one is from Germany on the "Rockplast" show. What a blast I had last night on New Years Eve jamming some of this, the version of "Manic Mechanic" is downright crazy shit, while on "Driving While Blind" Billy decides to "burn this guitar up". DAMN! Jesus just left Chicago....

Here's a list of some titles available.

Styx GI/Po8
Styx One With Everything
Stones Hyde Park Live
Pink Floyd Live at Knebworth 1990
Rush in Rio, + 4 other Rush Concert Videos
Aerosmith Rock the Rising Sun
Bad Company Live at Wembley
Bachman/Turner Front row Center
Classic Albums Black Sabbath Paranoid
6 Deep Purple Videos/concerts
4 Doobie Brothers
8 Doors
History of Eagles
2 ELO
Clapton, Costello, ELP, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Zappa, Mercury Tribute, Heart, Harrison, Beck, Tull, Hendrix,
Joe Walsh, Fogerty, Mayhall, Buckingham, Zeppelin, Skynyrd, Moody Blues, McCartney, and on and on.....

Everything is mostly on here except Journey.. :lol:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Re: Qello Concerts Review

Postby Memorex » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:23 pm

I check into this every now and then, if only to watch 30 minutes of something. They featured Rush recently with snippets of behind the scene stuff.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Memorex wrote:I check into this every now and then, if only to watch 30 minutes of something. They featured Rush recently with snippets of behind the scene stuff.

The Rush content alone would probably cost over $200 if you went to Amazon and bought your own copies.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 am

I guess the end result is, if you've never owned but wanted to own more than 3 Concert DVDs that cost $19.99 at Amazon or Best Buy, you cannot go wrong with this $69 dollar a year purchase. Whether or not I'll continue after a year remains to be seen and will be dependent on any new stuff they might add to content. So far I have gotten my money's worth after a week, and I've hardly scratched the surface of shows that I will definitely be watching. The documentaries alone will take me weeks to watch.
Fact Finder
MP3

Return to Death By Stereo