Well folks...

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Well folks...

Postby ztyxlynne » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Andrew,please dont shut any of the forums down!
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78

Postby verslibre » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:30 pm

No Surprize wrote:Fuck it, I really don't give a shit one way or the other. Other than the ongoing political thread, Versible & Youngjourney sucking dick over batman & superman, this place is dead.

You know what they say about guys who talk about other guys sucking dick. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 pm

Monker wrote:And, NOWADAYS, Journey wants to rerecord Arrival. Neal wants his thing, and Jonathan isn't interested unless they return to pop music. Journey is stuck in the mud.

Also, Styx is talking about releasing a new album this year. Of course, that is about as likely as Steve Perry releasing an album this year...but it's more than what Journey is doing.

Neal is ALWAYS saying he wants to do new Journey tunes on his FB. But Cain won't play ball. Since re-forming in 1998, you can't say that Neal did not make an effort to create new Journey music. Styx threw in the towel after ONE album. Anyway, I would rather have an Arnel version of "Higher Place" than a cover of "I am the Walrus" like Styx did.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:24 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:And, NOWADAYS, Journey wants to rerecord Arrival. Neal wants his thing, and Jonathan isn't interested unless they return to pop music. Journey is stuck in the mud.

Also, Styx is talking about releasing a new album this year. Of course, that is about as likely as Steve Perry releasing an album this year...but it's more than what Journey is doing.

Neal is ALWAYS saying he wants to do new Journey tunes on his FB. But Cain won't play ball. Since re-forming in 1998, you can't say that Neal did not make an effort to create new Journey music. Styx threw in the towel after ONE album. Anyway, I would rather have an Arnel version of "Higher Place" than a cover of "I am the Walrus" like Styx did.

Agreed, TNC. I'm not a huge fan of the Arnel era, and Cyclorama is one of the best MR efforts of the 21st century (barely). But, absolutely agreed - Journey has been decently prolific with new tunes relative to most of their peers. Plenty to knock the band about, but not their output compared to others. Styx, on the other hand, unabashedly says it's not worth it for them to create. Pragmatic, sure, but disappointing that they don't want to give back to the biggest fans who would enjoy some new tunes.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:54 am

verslibre wrote:
No Surprize wrote:Fuck it, I really don't give a shit one way or the other. Other than the ongoing political thread, Versible & Youngjourney sucking dick over batman & superman, this place is dead.

YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:32 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

And, Gowan keeps talking about new music, and JY has done the same. There is more hope of a new album from Styx than there is from Journey. That's just a fact. And, if you are going to count remakes of past songs as being productive, Styx already did two albums of that, a live orchestra CD/DVD, and the concert of "PIeces of Eight"/"Grand Illusion". And, Styx has released various singles over the years, adding new songs to the "Contemporary Youth Orchestra" live CD, and various singles for some of their tours.

And, I would rather hear Journey do covers album of other bands songs than retread the Augeri years.

Styx took a different approach than Journey...but that does not mean they are less deserving of a forum on this site. Like I said, but away the inactive forums...but leave the forums like Styx, Journey, Perry, and probably others I don't read/post to but have the occasional person drop a note in.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Ehwmatt wrote: Styx, on the other hand, unabashedly says it's not worth it for them to create. Pragmatic, sure, but disappointing that they don't want to give back to the biggest fans who would enjoy some new tunes.

That is not exactly the view Styx put out. JY said, in the past, that recording a full album is not worth taking time off the road for. Instead, his idea was to record and release singles here and there in different ways. He has said things have changed to a singles market, like it or not. In fact, I believe Jonathan has said similar things.

At the same time, Gowan has talked several times of always writing and creating new songs while they tour. Now he said they hope to have an album out this year. Don't know how true that is...I won't completely believe it until Tommy and JY both say it. But, NOBODY is saying a new Journey album is coming out any time soon. If Neal wants another Eclipse and Jonathan wants another Revelation...and they can't compromise, then nothing will get recorded. Well, except maybe a Perry solo album.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:43 pm

verslibre wrote:

They end up being nominated by the Republican party for President?
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:23 pm

Monker wrote:That is not exactly the view Styx put out. JY said, in the past, that recording a full album is not worth taking time off the road for. Instead, his idea was to record and release singles here and there in different ways. He has said things have changed to a singles market, like it or not. In fact, I believe Jonathan has said similar things.

Jonathan has been saying similar things since Arrival flopped. Bottom line: Journey still put out 4 cds of original material, plus an EP. Reformed Styx did one cd and threw in the towel. Nothing you say changes that.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:25 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:

They end up being nominated by the Republican party for President?

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Moon Beam » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:54 am

Andrew wrote:I haven't had time to be here much or read anything, but no one seems to have missed me. haha.

The forums overall - are they still being used enough? Doesn't anyone care? Facebook seems to have ruined most message board communities online, in fact Facebook have fucked up most of the internet's browsing habits.

Anyway....keep or can?

Please keep the forums, Wombat.
Hello everyone!! (waving)
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Red13JoePa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:11 am

Keep it.
If only for Deano's old posts. :)
"I love almost everybody."---Rocky Balboa 1990
"Let's reform this thing.Let's go out and get some guys who want to work and go do it"--Neal Schon February, 2001
"I looked at Neal, and I just saw a guy who really wants his band back"-JCain 2/01
Red13JoePa
MP3

Postby tj » Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

Red13JoePa wrote:Keep it.
If only for Deano's old posts. :)

Agreed
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby SYNCH » Wed May 04, 2016 5:29 pm

Keep this Andrew. I'm not an active poster but an active lurker and just coming here getting fixes for my boredom. Hello all. :D
SYNCH
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 04, 2016 9:06 pm

SYNCH wrote:Keep this Andrew. I'm not an active poster but an active lurker and just coming here getting fixes for my boredom. Hello all. :D

Thanks for speaking up Synch. Welcome. :)
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby SYNCH » Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
SYNCH wrote:Keep this Andrew. I'm not an active poster but an active lurker and just coming here getting fixes for my boredom. Hello all. :D

Thanks for speaking up Synch. Welcome. :)
No problem, thanks :D
SYNCH
Ol' 78

Previous

Return to Death By Stereo