OFFICIAL NFL 2016-2017 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2016-2017 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:54 am

Memorex wrote:Maybe he is anticipating being traded to the Raiders and he is preparing his personality. :)

Carr is much better, Kap would still be warming the bench.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:46 am

He's doubling down, something tells me he's going to be sitting a long time as he will never ever be satisfied no matter what.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

10m

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says he will continue to sit during the national anthem until black people are no longer oppressed - @HenryWoffordCSN

see original on twitter.com

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says his decision to sit during the national anthem Friday wasn't to bash the military, but rather to bring awareness to unjust and unpunished actions in the United States.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Memorex » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:53 am

Fact Finder wrote:He's doubling down, something tells me he's going to be sitting a long time as he will never ever be satisfied no matter what.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

10m

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says he will continue to sit during the national anthem until black people are no longer oppressed - @HenryWoffordCSN

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says his decision to sit during the national anthem Friday wasn't to bash the military, but rather to bring awareness to unjust and unpunished actions in the United States.

He'll sit during the National Anthem, and pretty much the whole game after the Anthem.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:12 am

Spot on..
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:46 am

Coach Harbaugh said it best:

I acknowledge his right to do it. But I don't respect the motivation or the action.

and

To clarify, I support Colin's motivation. It's his method of action that I take exception to.

Although I'll add my own quote:

Fuck of Kaepernick, you fucking entitled piece of shit douche bag asshole prick.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 pm

From the greatest football player to ever touch the field (that's Jerry Rice for you blind ones). :)

All lives matter. So much going on in this world today.Can we all just get along! Colin,I respect your stance but don't disrespect the Flag.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Yeah, a guy that admits to using tacky gloves.

Barry Sanders was the best.

Also, this is America.. people are afforded freedom of expression. And that includes not standing for the N.A.

Flag burning should be legal as well.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:41 pm

S2M wrote:Yeah, a guy that admits to using tacky gloves.

Also, this is America.. people are afforded freedom of expression. And that includes not standing for the N.A.

Flag burning is legal and I agree with your last two points. I'll give you that Barry Sanders was one of the greatest, but uh...

Yea, I think sticky gloves was what set Jerry apart from the crowd. Those gloves caused him to work harder than any player, and my God those gloves gave him the incredible speed. The gloves were miracles at keeping him healthy for so long. They should put an asterisk next to his name in for all records he owns because of those gloves.

Anyway, I absolutely agree Colin should BE ABLE to sit. But his message is dead wrong.I'm not even mad at him for sitting. I could care less. It's the ignorant and extremist comments he made about how he feels. That makes him an idiot. This country, to me, should be about believing in it all the while fixing what you find wrong. Go find where he has donated one cent to anything he's talking about, though I am sure he will be forced to now.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Memorex wrote:
S2M wrote:Yeah, a guy that admits to using tacky gloves.

Flag burning is legal and I agree with your last two points. I'll give you that Barry Sanders was one of the greatest, but uh...

Yea, I think sticky gloves was what set Jerry apart from the crowd. Those gloves caused him to work harder than any player, and my God those gloves gave him the incredible speed. The gloves were miracles at keeping him healthy for so long. They should put an asterisk next to his name in for all records he owns because of those gloves.

Anyway, I absolutely agree Colin should BE ABLE to sit. But his message is dead wrong.I'm not even mad at him for sitting. I could care less. It's the ignorant and extremist comments he made about how he feels. That makes him an idiot. This country, to me, should be about believing in it all the while fixing what you find wrong. Go find where he has donated one cent to anything he's talking about, though I am sure he will be forced to now.

Hmmm...

Sanders is the best because he did EVERYTHING he accomplished on a horrific Lions team. He had NO offensive line, unlike Emmitt Smith. He grinded for every yard he got. He didn't have the luxury of playing with stars like Montana, Walsh, or Lott.

He broke ankles, left guys scratching their heads, and never showboated. I don't believe the guy was EVER injured, because he never got hit.

Sanders had RAW talent...he was skilled. Dude was nasty.

Rice? Played with stars, HoFers...As far as his working harder? THAT lone fact doesn't make you great. Hell, I know plenty of guys that work harder than the next guy, and will never be ANYTHING. I applaud his effort, but that doesn't make him great. His Speed? Nehemiah was faster than him, and he went nowhere. Speed didn't make him great. His ability stay healthy? Jack Lalanne was healthy...was he the best bodybuilder?

Rice has his records due to the SITUATION he was in...you can't take that away from him, but you also can't punish Sanders because he wasn't in a similar situation. All things being said, Sanders is at LEAST as good as Rice.
S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:39 am

One might argue that he was the main reason for the situation that he was in. :)

Sanders was great. Seriously. Dude was a beast.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:05 pm

So Kelley has decided to play Kaepernick for the game this week. Kap says he will still sit out the anthem.

The game is in San Diego. Hmmmm. I wonder what kind of people live in San Diego. Military. This cannot possibly go well.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:48 am

Very sad for Teddy, the 2016 season for the Vikes is not going to be he same.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:37 am

Steelers claimed Zach Mettenberger off the waiver wire. A Big Ben type arm, stature and competitor. Learning under Roethlisberger is going to give us some huge potential post-Ben. I fucking love this pick up. I know mikemarrs was high on him, even with Mariota in town.

Speaking of mikemarrs, sign up for the Pick-EM's!
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:29 pm

I now know what it's like to be a Hillary supporter. I have such disgust for Kap. Like seriously. I was hoping a cop would come over and beat his ass. I hated he was going on the field. But man, every time he dropped back to pass and let the ball go, I wanted complete success. Team first. Weird vibe.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:48 am

Talked to JFB last night. He's going to be in for the Pickems! Wouldn't be right without him. Not sure if he still reads these dead boards lol.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:57 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Talked to JFB last night. He's going to be in for the Pickems! Wouldn't be right without him. Not sure if he still reads these dead boards lol.

Cool, I asked AR in a thread but don't know if he saw it. The more the merrier. It would be great if you could get all your picks in on time this year. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby S2M » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:28 am

My picks are in, and locked.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Fact Finder wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Talked to JFB last night. He's going to be in for the Pickems! Wouldn't be right without him. Not sure if he still reads these dead boards lol.

Cool, I asked AR in a thread but don't know if he saw it. The more the merrier. It would be great if you could get all your picks in on time this year. :lol: :lol: :wink:

Hah! You're right, though, my work schedule isn't as brutal this year as it was last. I worked 7 days a week; 12-16 hours last year so I was always mentally a week behind than what reality really was. It was hard to keep up with it so hopefully this season I can get on that pick-em routine. 8)
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby mikemarrs » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:19 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Steelers claimed Zach Mettenberger off the waiver wire. A Big Ben type arm, stature and competitor. Learning under Roethlisberger is going to give us some huge potential post-Ben. I fucking love this pick up. I know mikemarrs was high on him, even with Mariota in town.

Speaking of mikemarrs, sign up for the Pick-EM's!

Thanks!!! can't wait!!! signed up
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:44 am

Awesome! Great to hear from you, mike. Hope all is well 8)
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:45 am

That makes 6...who else we missing?
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:50 am

Just saw JFB signed up too. Hell to the yes. Not sure who else we have left hangin. Maybe Matt if he sees this can get in as well. Like Neal, I'm Locked N Loaded. Already made some 'eh, what the hell' picks :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:56 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Just saw JFB signed up too. Hell to the yes. Not sure who else we have left hangin. Maybe Matt if he sees this can get in as well. Like Neal, I'm Locked N Loaded. Already made some 'eh, what the hell' picks :lol:

Would love for Matt to come back just to keep the AFC North group intact. slucero and Memorex missing from last year.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby mikemarrs » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:28 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Awesome! Great to hear from you, mike. Hope all is well 8)

Same to you as well. Can't wait for the season to start. Offseason is too long..... 8)
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 am

mikemarrs wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Awesome! Great to hear from you, mike. Hope all is well 8)

Same to you as well. Can't wait for the season to start. Offseason is too long..... 8)

Well it's over. Pick the Bengals and forget what S2M and Travis say. :P :P :P
2 nites and counting.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby mikemarrs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:44 am

In my opinion you guys two favorite teams Bengals and Steelers have one of the fiercest rivalries in the league. Of course they are division rovals but these two teams seem to really turn it up a notch when they play each other. That last game there was a lot of bad blood that has come from that most recent matchup between the two.
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby mikemarrs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:08 am

From 1999-2011 the Tennessee Titans had seven winning seasons,six playoff appearances,three division titles,best record in the league three different seasons,two AFC championship game appearances and a Super Bowl appearance. The Titans last winning season was 2011.

Then from 2012 through 2015 the Titans endured a bad stretch due to bad drafting which included QB Jake Locker who was nowhere near as talented as Steve McNair or Vince Young.

Beginning in the 2015 draft the team started turning things around first by drafting QB Marcus Mariota then a year later in early 2016 they added GM Jon Robinson. Together Mariota & Robinson are changing the culture of the team. The Titans were lucky to land Marcus Mariota who set many records as a rookie last year and their new GM Jon Robinson who pulled off one of the biggest draft trades in history.

QB Marcus Mariota was the first QB in NFL history with 250+ pass yds, 100+ rush yds & 3 TD passes in a game,First rookie QB in NFL history to post a perfect 158.3 passer rating on Kickoff Weekend,Has 4 games with 3+ TD passes tied with Peyton Manning for most ever by rookie QB,Longest run in the NFL last year 87 yards as well as top five QB in red zone success.
Titans new GM Jon Robinson loves to wheel and deal he learned that from being under Belichick twelve years in New England.

Together Mariota & Robinson are changing the culture of the team. Robinson recently drafted rookie RB Derrick Henry as well as WR Tajae Sharpe and both led the NFL at their positions this preseason. The Titans revamped their offensive line with first round pick Jack Conklin. The team is done with the offense they carried 30 million in cap room over to 2017 where they will fix their defense in the next free agency as well as draft where they own two first round draft picks.

mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:30 am

I guess spearing, launching, and hits to the head are allowed now...as well as granting TOs even if the field FG is already in the air. Stewart should have been ejected for launching, and should be suspended. That FG should have been 15 yards closer!

:x :x
S2M
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:13 am

FOOTBALL
3m
Source: New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is not expected to play Sunday vs. Arizona Cardinals - @CourtneyFallon_
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:08 am

Kudos to the Seahags...

Seattle players to interlock arms, ‘stand together’ in unity before opener

Wide receiver Doug Baldwin said in a Facebook video that the Seattle Seahawks will stand and interlock arms before the team’s Week 1 matchup against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

“We are a team comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds,” Baldwin said during the video. “And as a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches of freedom and the security of justice for all people. Progress can and will be made only if we stand together.”

Baldwin was asked Friday how proud he is of what the Seahawks have planned.

“I’m extremely proud,” he said. “I’m excited. Extremely proud. Like I said, it makes me want to cry almost, just how our team has handled this and the discussions we’ve had and how we’ve come together. It’s been absolutely amazing.”

Added coach Pete Carroll: “These are young men that are trying to figure out the world themselves, too, and they want to try to make sense of how they can have impact and how they can affect others. I just couldn’t be more proud of the way they’ve gone through it and really what has happened through the process. And then we’ll see on the weekend that they’re going to do a very, very good thing.”
Fact Finder
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo