OFFICIAL NFL 2016-2017 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2016-2017 Thread

Postby S2M » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:10 am

All that matters is end of season, and N.E. will be there yet again...the cream always rises to the top.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:27 pm

S2M wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Eat a bag of dicks S2M :lol: AFC EAST is laughable. AFC North games are always tough sledding. Ben was throwing to undrafted TE's today and still managed 3 TD's against a stout Cincy D. Pats win the AFC East by default. YAWN.

N.E. - 38

Pitt - 17

:lol: :lol:

45-10, Pats. :o
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:39 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
S2M wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Eat a bag of dicks S2M :lol: AFC EAST is laughable. AFC North games are always tough sledding. Ben was throwing to undrafted TE's today and still managed 3 TD's against a stout Cincy D. Pats win the AFC East by default. YAWN.

N.E. - 38

Pitt - 17

:lol: :lol:

45-10, Pats. :o

Yeah...probably :lol:
S2M
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:49 am

Buffalo Bills fan throws dildo on field during New England Patriots game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV04ZzBxQ7c
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:25 am

Never thought I'd say this as quick as I initially thought I would, but the NFL has become a downright terrible product. It's actually shit from top to bottom. Never have I been so damn bored watching the games in my entire life. The amount of penalties thrown during the course of the game is mindbogglingly terrible and the pace of the game is at the worst its ever been. Mix that in with never ending commercial breaks and a replay system that monkey wrench's an already terrible paced product to begin with and suddenly the NFL feels less and less competitive (or less and less exciting for that matter, especially when refs don't know what a penalty or catch is nowadays.) Not sure if it's just me but the lack of stakes I feel during the games is troubling as a fan. It just doesn't feel the same whatsoever when it comes to being on the edge of your seat like past years.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 am

tater1977 wrote:Buffalo Bills fan throws dildo on field during New England Patriots game!

Not sure what was funnier. The dildo or the look on Rex Ryan's baffled face as Brady stuck his dick in his ass once more.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:43 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Never thought I'd say this as quick as I initially thought I would, but the NFL has become a downright terrible product. It's actually shit from top to bottom. Never have I been so damn bored watching the games in my entire life. The amount of penalties thrown during the course of the game is mindbogglingly terrible and the pace of the game is at the worst its ever been. Mix that in with never ending commercial breaks and a replay system that monkey wrench's an already terrible paced product to begin with and suddenly the NFL feels less and less competitive (or less and less exciting for that matter, especially when refs don't know what a penalty or catch is nowadays.) Not sure if it's just me but the lack of stakes I feel during the games is troubling as a fan. It just doesn't feel the same whatsoever when it comes to being on the edge of your seat like past years.

As a Niners fan, watching would be tough this year under any circumstance. But even in our off years, I always followed other teams with interest. Always watched games all day Sunday, as well as Monday and often Thursday. This year, I have watched one full game, 3/4 of a different game, and that's it. Zero interest. For all the reasons you mention. It just does nothing for me.

Some of it started for me when the NFL would not let the cowboys wear patches for the fallen officers. America's team loses five cops in their own hometown, the whole city is mourning that and related events, and the NFL has to be a bunch of pricks. At that point, I was like fuck this. It's just a product. And if it's just a product, then fuck all those commercials and the other nonsense.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:45 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Buffalo Bills fan throws dildo on field during New England Patriots game!

Not sure what was funnier. The dildo or the look on Rex Ryan's baffled face as Brady stuck his dick in his ass once more.

Now THERE'S the Travis I've come to enjoy. LMAO!!!
S2M
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:32 am

If that dope Tomlin would just kick extra points, the Steelers would be in good shape now.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:10 pm

With all the 2 point tries today was wondering, and I cant easily find it online,
what stops the offense from committing a flagrant foul on a potential return?
It sounds like the 15 yrd penalty would be assessed on the kickoff. That does not bode well for someone getting facemasked or horse collar tackled to ruin the returmig team to score.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Still not worse than having that piece of shit Burflict on your team.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Deflatgate Part Deaux

NY Giants accuse Stealers of using under inflated balls during week 13 matchup.

:shock:

I miss the old days, of when you wanted to fuck someone up, you simply kicked them in the balls, or knocked real hard on their dome. You didn't fuck with the universal equipment! It's just not dirty enough anymore. :mrgreen:
steveo777
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:21 am

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

Roethlisberger made light of it; Mike Tomlin said he had “absolutely no response” and “absolutely nothing to hide.”

Deflategate Part II was creating an early-afternoon buzz across the NFL until the league, through a statement, quashed it.

Fox reported early Sunday that after the Giants forced two turnovers during their 24-14 loss in Pittsburgh last Sunday, they tested the footballs on their sideline. After both of the footballs tested below the NFL standards for PSI, according to the report, the Giants sent them to the league office.

The NFL issued a statement Sunday saying: “The officiating game ball procedures were followed and there were no chain of command issues. All footballs were in compliance and no formal complaint was filed by the Giants with our office.”

Asked about the situation after Sunday's game, Roethlisberger joked, “We use Nerf balls.”

Tomlin said, “We will cooperate fully with whatever New York wants to do in regards to that. ... It's a non-story for us.”
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:36 am

Of course....because the Rooneys and Maras are NFL royalty...

The original deflategate was a witch hunt perpetrated by 31 butthurt owners who couldn't stand getting their as handed to them for 14 years....

NFL tested balls during the 2015 season in cold weather cities...they refuse to reveal the results.

Light dawns...it's called the Ideal Gas Law.

BTW, the pressure in both balls were less than N.E.'s. The NFL has become a fucking joke.

And if “The officiating game ball procedures were followed and there were no chain of command issues. All footballs were in compliance...." then that's proof that cold weather affects ball pressure.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:09 pm

It's been well known that the NFL head offices and the Comish has been a joke for some time now.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:41 pm

The Bungles already took both of Bell's knees out. Wouldn't matter. Did you see Bell play lately? Dude levitates.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:28 am

You deserve better, FF. I didn't care if the Steelers were down by 30. Never was worried once.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:34 am

Lmao, right in front of the cheerleaders too! You can't make this stuff up man. Sicko's. Sicko's everywhere. Best hashtag, though: "WTFapman?!" :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Things get awfully quiet in here when everyone's team is eliminated.
S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 pm

S2M wrote:Things get awfully quiet in here when everyone's team is eliminated.

That was back in September, right? Is football still going? :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:25 am

Is anybody still posting on MR, period? Lol. FB debates and convo is NONSTOP.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Is anybody still posting on MR, period? Lol. FB debates and convo is NONSTOP.

I couldn't tell ya. I don't have Instachat, Myface, or Spacebook. :lol: :lol:
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 am

No better team that has backed their way into the Super Bowl than the Pats. The Steelers literally laid down for them, lmao!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm

You guys are starting to see how fake all of professional sports is, right!?!?

Let's just look at the last year for example....

Despite the fact that he sucked last season, Peyton Manning and the colts beat the Panthers in the Super Bowl. They wanted Manning to go out as a Super Bowl champion, plus Vegas won big as a result.

No NBA team had ever come back from being down 3 games to 1 in the playoffs. In last years Western Conference Finals in the NBA, the Oklahoma City Thunder were up 3 games to 1 over the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors then became the first NBA team to ever come back after being down 3 games to 1 to win in the playoffs.

Keeping in mind that Golden State just became the first NBA team to ever come back to win after being down 3 games to 1 in the playoffs...
The Golden State Warriors were then up 3 games to 1 over the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals. And as you know, the Cleveland Cavaliers then came back from down 3 games to 1 to win the NBA Finals.

Just one week before the Cavaliers won the Finals, the Lake Erie Monsters (Now the Cleveland Monsters) won the Calder Cup. Just a few weeks before that Clevelander Stipe Miocic won the UFC title.

Then the Cleveland Indians go to the World Series. They are up 3 games to 1 against the Cubs. And then the Cubs come back from down 3 games to 1 to win the World Series. That's 3 teams in less than six months to come back from down 3 games to 1 to win in the playoffs, with two of the times being in the final series of the respective seasons.

Now the Falcons are blowing out the Patriots. The announcers make multiple mentions of how no team has ever come back while down 14 points or more to win the Super Bowl. The Falcons even extend the lead after that. But then the Patriots come back to have the biggest come back ever in a Super Bowl.
Now we have all of the "Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever" talk. I know, that talk already existed before this game, but they have to feed the hype machine more. Ditto on Bill Belichick.

Roger Goodell is hated. That's by design. It creates publicity. They have the whole deflategate thing with Tom Brady. This creates more publicity. People tune into the sports shows and increase the ratings on those shows.
The NFL knew that everyone who hates Roger Goodell wanted to see him have to give Tom Brady and Robert Kraft the Super Bowl trophy. That increases drama and ratings.

Think about it. Tom Brady was a mediocre QB in college. He was a sixth round draft pick. He's now roughly 40 years old. That's ancient by NFL standards. Yet he has one of his best seasons ever, at roughly 40 years old. Tom Brady is part of the NFL hype machine. He has done modeling in his life, so apparently a lot of women find him attractive. That helps for the hype. He's married to a Super Model, and they sure love showing her on TV as much as possible.
The NFL want Tom Brady playing for as long as possible. However, at age 40 he needs more rest. So you create the whole deflategate scandal, which like I mentioned, creates publicity. But it also gives Tom Brady 4 games off at the beginning of the season, which helps him be able to continue to play at age 40.

The NFL, just like the NBA, MLB and NHL are an illusion that exists strictly for the purpose of making money and distracting people from important issues.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:57 pm

^Nah.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:You guys are starting to see how fake all of professional sports is, right!?!?

The NFL has finally come around to my way of thinking. :lol:

Vince McMahon - Shadow Commissioner of the NFL
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby marco17 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:08 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:You guys are starting to see how fake all of professional sports is, right!?!?

I said the same thing after last years Super Bowl and the NBA playoffs. These have all become billion dollar businesses and everything that happens is a business decision. I'd love to think that everything is legit like years ago before everything was such a money grab, but it's all about the hype and the $$$$.
marco17
8 Track

Postby slucero » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:03 am

Fact Finder wrote:Think he'll find a job?

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s agents informed all 32 teams yesterday that the 29-year-old quarterback will opt out of his contract, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Kaepernick can't officially exercise the opt-out clause until March 2. He has to do it between March 2 and March 7. That prevents the 49ers from franchise tagging him.

only as a backup.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:45 am

Fact Finder wrote:Think he'll find a job?

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s agents informed all 32 teams yesterday that the 29-year-old quarterback will opt out of his contract, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Kaepernick can't officially exercise the opt-out clause until March 2. He has to do it between March 2 and March 7. That prevents the 49ers from franchise tagging him.

Just glad he is leaving.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:28 am

Fact Finder wrote:Hate seeing a grown man beg.. :roll:

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began the center of a national debate when he refused to stand for the National Anthem last season, reportedly will end his protest for the upcoming season.

Citing sources close to the soon-to-be free agent, ESPN Senior Writer Adam Schefter reported on Kaepernick’s decision Thursday.

He said the sources told ESPN that Kaepernick was ending his protest so as to not detract from the positive change that he believes he has has already created.

Enjoy Canada MF'er!

I stand by my principles! Well, except when they interfere with my cash. Apparently, one black life matters above all the others to him now.

What a knob.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara