AC/DC Brian Johnson told to stop touring or risk going deaf

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

AC/DC Brian Johnson told to stop touring or risk going deaf

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:42 am

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson told to stop touring or risk going deaf

Australian rock elders AC/DC have postponed remaining dates on their US tour after lead singer Brian Johnson was warned he risked total deafness.

The 68-year-old "has been advised by doctors to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss," the band said in a statement.

AC/DC, famous for playing at high decibels, said it would play the 10 remaining US shows at later dates but "likely with a guest vocalist".

The delayed shows include a concert in Atlanta on Tuesday (local time) as well as an April 4 show at Madison Square Garden in New York.

It remained unclear whether the band would be able to pursue the European leg of their Rock or Bust tour, which is scheduled to begin on May 7 in Lisbon.

:( :( :(
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Re: AC/DC Brian Johnson told to stop touring or risk going d

Postby scarab » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:59 am

Sad to hear, glad he is quitting though, not worth it.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:54 am

Yesterday was hardly a good day for AC/DC’s American fans. The band announced that it was postponing the remaining 10 dates of its U.S. tour on account of singer Brian Johnson’s hearing problems. Doctors ordered the frontman to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss.

But the band’s music may not be the sole culprit in Johnson’s hearing malady. Ultimate Classic Rock unearthed a 2014 interview Johnson did with “King Of All Media” Howard Stern in which the singer said his love for racing cars shoulders some of the blame.

“I’ve obviously had some hearing loss,” Johnson told Stern, according to Ultimate Classic Rock. “I’ve got hearing loss in me left ear. I didn’t get it from music. I got it from sitting in a race car too long without ear plugs. I heard my ear drum burst, because I forgot to put me plugs in under my helmet. That’s how it happened. Music had nothing to do with it.”

Yesterday’s announcement from AC/DC said the band would reschedule the dates for later in the year and that those shows might include guest vocalists.

Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Glad I didn't buy tickets to the CLE show later this month. Probably time to hang 'em up, Angus.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:06 am

Earlier this month, AC/DC announced the immediate departure of longtime frontman Brian Johnson citing crippling hearing issues. As the band explained it, Johnson risked “total hearing loss” if he continued touring.

However, according to Johnson’s longtime friend and comedian Jim Breuer, the AC/DC singer’s hearing issues are being overblown, and Johnson feels he was unfairly “kicked to the curb.”

As Ultimate Classic Rock reports, Breuer relayed a recent conversation he had with Johnson during the latest episode of his podcast. “He said that he called and let [the band] know, ‘Hey this is what the doctor said, but let’s try to figure this out.'” Breuer continued, “[Johnson] didn’t say he wanted to quit. He didn’t say he was done. He called with that information, and two days later, he read in the papers and heard on Twitter and everywhere else, ‘Brian Johnson going deaf, canceling tour.’ A day later, and it was ‘Oh, we’re gonna have guest singers.’”

Breuer said that Johnson even received a second opinion and was told his hearing damage wasn’t as bad as he was initially led to believe. “Then he’s like, ‘You know what? I would really like to finish and do some shows. I think we can knock this out.'” However, as Breuer went on to reveal, “Then all his luggage that he toured with showed up at his driveway. There’s been no calls. No, ‘How’s your hearing? How’s your health? What’s going on?’ Boom. Here’s your shit, nice to know you.'”

Johnson told Breuer that he believes Angus Young, who’s seven years his junior, hopes to continue AC/DC for another decade and fears Johnson’s hearing issues would derail those plans. “[Angus] wants to write another album and do one more tour. Who’s filling those shoes? How do you do that after 40 years? It’s just really weird.”

According to Breuer, Johnson is “really depressed” and feels like a “hired gun” who has been “kicked to the curb.”

We’ve reached out to AC/DC for comment and will let you know if and when we hear back.

brian-johnson-downplays-hearing-issues-says-he-was-kicked-to-the-curb-acdc
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:27 am

^I listened to Breuer's podcast (the one where he discusses his visit with Brian).

Yes, there is something very fishy afoot...
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Fact Finder » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:58 am

MUSIC
1h
AC/DC spokesperson says 'nothing official to announce' amid rumors Axl Rose will fill in as guest vocalist on tour - NME
read more on www.nme.com
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:04 am

AXL?? :?

Time to hang it up, Angus!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:25 am

No one on the planet is about to rock as hard as Axl Rose, and we have the first photos of him leaving rehearsing with what could be his new band ... AC/DC!

There are reports the Guns N' Roses frontman is going to fill in as lead singer for AC/DC, which is rumored to be opening for GNR on its upcoming tour. Axl was at a rehearsal studio in Atlanta with Angus Young and co. on Friday ... maybe running through the classics, maybe finalizing a deal.

Neither side's reps are confirming anything yet.

Looks like Axl's been working hard to get in shape for the double duty tour -- and this is our first look at him in a long time.

If the voice works ... do ya really care what he looks like?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:40 am

His voice doesn't work, though. It hasn't "worked" in a long, long time! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:51 am

verslibre wrote:His voice doesn't work, though. It hasn't "worked" in a long, long time! :lol:

It NEVER worked. The guy is one of the worst "singers" in history.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:57 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
verslibre wrote:His voice doesn't work, though. It hasn't "worked" in a long, long time! :lol:

It NEVER worked. The guy is one of the worst "singers" in history.

Word!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:38 am

I read a quote from Paul Rodgers years ago that went something like this...."The first time I heard Axl Rose sing, I was like, who is this pervert?"
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:35 am

94.7 WCSX
Trudi & Jim Podcast

We talked with Steve Vai & Nuno Bettencourt on the Trudi & Jim Podcast yesterday (Thursday) to promote their upcoming "Generation Axe" tour (coming to Royal Oak Music Theatre in May) -- during the conversation we heard something new about the AC/DC story involving Brian Johnson...is it really something more? Take a listen and see if you agree..

steve nuno acdc

http://wcsx.com/2016/04/01/do-you-agree-2/
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Return to Death By Stereo