DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:09 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Rubber halloween masks containing microchips of stonehenge get activated by a TV commercial to kill children??? Oh, and androids too! This is truly MST3K-worthy stuff.

And it rocks. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Heath's family said he was going to do another Batman. Are you calling them liars?

Show me the contract WB sent, the one which reads "Joker as primary villain in third Christopher Nolan-directed Batman film, and who the hell is this Bane guy everyone keeps mentioning?"

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Nah. What's that word you like? It was a romp. :wink:

Is that why the Suicide director posted an apology on Twitter?

When you like your nice fat paycheck, you may find yourself doing a little extra something at the studio's behest.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Nah. It's the best one. The sequels get progressively more silly. It's not like the Phantasm films, where some of the sequels are nearly on par with the original.

Huh? By Phantasm 3, we had comical Reggie sex scenes, zombies cracking jokes, a Macaulay Culkin-type sidekick. The sad thing is, the Phantasm sequels actually got worse after that.

"Huh?" :lol: I said "some of the sequels." Plural. Are you doing the two-step? Break it down: Phantasm II — good sequel. Phantasm III — shit sequel, should have been shelved. Phantasm IV — good. Phantasm V — File under: Why bother?

So yeah, some of the Phantasm sequels (II and IV) are nearly as good as the original. IMO.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Why would I take advice from someone who is clearly deaf, dumb, and blind?

Stop talking to your Magic 8-Ball. Real losers use a Ouija board. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:39 am

verslibre wrote:Show me the contract WB sent, the one which reads "Joker as primary villain in third Christopher Nolan-directed Batman film, and who the hell is this Bane guy everyone keeps mentioning?"

Why do you hate grieving families? You are one sick fucker.

verslibre wrote:When you like your nice fat paycheck, you may find yourself doing a little extra something at the studio's behest.

Are you seriously claiming that WB actively wanted Ayer to self-flagellate himself online? :roll:

verslibre wrote:"Huh?" :lol: I said "some of the sequels." Plural. Are you doing the two-step? Break it down: Phantasm II — good sequel. Phantasm III — shit sequel, should have been shelved. Phantasm IV — good. Phantasm V — File under: Why bother?

Phantasm IV was a clip show made from outtakes from the first film. That wasn't good at all.

verslibre wrote:Stop talking to your Magic 8-Ball. Real losers use a Ouija board. :lol:

Nah. Real losers use Harley Quinn blow up dolls like you.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Why do you hate grieving families? You are one sick fucker.

You're going to need a backhoe if you keep digging bigger holes to plant bigger posts. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Are you seriously claiming that WB actively wanted Ayer to self-flagellate himself online?

Everybody knows he played good soldier after they cut up his movie. It's still an entertaining flick, i.e. romp. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Phantasm IV was a clip show made from outtakes from the first film. That wasn't good at all.

And yet the resultant throwback feel was vastly more appealing than the WTF nonsense of III, like a sphere inside Michael's noggin. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Stop talking to your Magic 8-Ball. Real losers use a Ouija board. :lol:

Nah. Real losers use Harley Quinn blow up dolls like you.

You can't possibly be serious. I'm holding out for the Harley Quinn RealDoll. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:44 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:DC is only two movies in and they've done something Marvel refuses to do: follow through (as split of the audience may be, it's a fact.)

With the start of the new thread, I thought I'd read the beginning of this one and see how similar they are, and found this gem.

Fast forward to 2018, DC is only 5 movies in and has abandoned their shared universe plan, fired their visionary director and have rebranded to distance themselves from their dumpster fire films except for 1. I think "New Coke" had a longer shelf life.
5 years after reintroducing Superman have yet to get another Superman movie underway. Tom Schultz is more prolific than whoever's in charge of the superman property.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Fast forward? The beginning of that thread was only a 2 year window. :lol: In those two years DC had three release's with four happening between now and next year! From 2016-2019, they would be at 7 release's with potentially more in the pipeline. The success of Wonder Woman in that lifespan changed the way they did business within' their model. It doesn't matter as long as the brand is still up and running. Zack Snyder might be out, but we're still getting HIS chosen Wonder Woman as a franchise. HIS chosen Aquaman as a franchise. HIS chosen Flash as a franchise. Superman and Batman will take care of themselves in due time and the standalone philosophy will only strengthen their capes. You missed the memo. Shazam! is doing nothing BUT acknowledge Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman and even Aquaman. They haven't abandoned, just re-branded. It's all still there for the taking and after Comic Con weekend, I'm still enjoying the piss out of it, even after the JL abomination. Sorry, not sorry if this disappoints you, man. 8)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:50 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack Snyder might be out, but we're still getting HIS chosen Wonder Woman as a franchise. HIS chosen Aquaman as a franchise. HIS chosen Flash as a franchise.

I think you're counting you chickens before they hatch. Superman 2 can't get greenlit. Suicide Squad went the way of the do-do. There's not going to be a JL2. From the trailer, Aquaman could be a moderate hit or a big miss. Will Flash or Cyborg even get made?
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:01 am

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack Snyder might be out, but we're still getting HIS chosen Wonder Woman as a franchise. HIS chosen Aquaman as a franchise. HIS chosen Flash as a franchise.

I think you're counting you chickens before they hatch. Superman 2 can't get greenlit. Suicide Squad went the way of the do-do. There's not going to be a JL2. From the trailer, Aquaman could be a moderate hit or a big miss. Will Flash or Cyborg even get made?

*MoS2/Superman 2 is still in "active development"; the negotiations between Cavill and WB have not led to any change

*Suicide Squad 2 is also in "active development"; the script is there, but the focus has shifted to Birds of Prey, which films in six months

*You don't know there "will never be a" JL2

*Both Aquaman and Shazam! trailers got a strong reaction across the board, even from some of the usual haters. The former boasts epic-ness, the latter offers an untethered simplicity that we haven't seen from a CBM in a long time.

And, yeah, don't mention Wonder Woman 1984 screening some freshly shot footage or anything. Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot had no problem showing up with some, but Marvel's got the lid screwed real tight on Captain Marvel, though that film has finished shooting. They only showed footage at CineEurope last month and I haven't seen a description anywhere. You'd think people would have...something to say. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:25 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:40 am

RedWingFan wrote:Fast forward to 2018, DC is only 5 movies in and has abandoned their shared universe plan, fired their visionary director and have rebranded to distance themselves from their dumpster fire films except for 1. I think "New Coke" had a longer shelf life.
5 years after reintroducing Superman have yet to get another Superman movie underway. Tom Schultz is more prolific than whoever's in charge of the superman property.

Perfect closer for this thread. Well said!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 am

Yeah, that's a great bookend to RWF's ignorance and closemindedness. I expect nothing less from him. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:http://www.aintitcool.com/node/75510
There’s no “Part One” in the logo Ben Affleck tweeted because Warner Bros. has apparently scrapped “Part Two” -- despite the fact that Warner Bros. still has “Justice League Part Two” slated for June 14, 2019.

“We were only ever planning and we are only doing just 'Justice League.' One movie,” “Justice League” producer Deb Snyder told this weekend’s assemblage of nerd press.

“So no two parts?” somebody asked.

“No,” replied Snyder.

HowbutWHAT?

So why does a “Part One” and a “Part Two” still occupy the Warner Bros. release calendar? And why have they been on that slate so long if the Snyders have only “ever” been planning one?

Does this mean Deb’s husband Zack is exiting the franchise following “Man of Steel,” “Batman V Superman” and “Justice League”?

Stay tuned

No surprise here. Just like Man of Steel 2 being on hold indefinitely. :roll:

Let's add another $50 to the bet. Both movies (Superman solo; JL2) will get made. :D

TNC.... You better get that $100!!!!
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Looks like there may be a good amount of humour in JL. Wonder where they got that idea. I know you hate that kind of stuff in superhero movies YJ. You still going to see it?

Zack Snyder's tone is still in place. He didn't deviate much from his style. He only adjusted it and that's what was needed. Aquamoa brings the toughness and element of fear. The badassery. Even Cyborg brings an element of seriousness that Marvel can't come close to pulling off. In the JL teaser, the humor is in the right places. If you know anything about certain characters like Barry Allen and his relationship with Bruce Wayne, it's spot on accurate and not overboard. Marvel adds in humor for the sake of it because it's their cheesy standard of a status quo. There are parts in their movies where the situation doesn't call for it but they bring the straight edge belly-laugh of a segment anyway and it's awful. Humor is good as long as its true to the source material with the right characters, which is seen in the trailer with Barry Allen/Flash. It's simply rooted in his personality to bring that type of difference to the team, who are more grounded in seriousness. Ben's Batman and Bruce Wayne is spot on and the humor is being used correctly; not goofy or like Comedy Central's 3:00 am re-run's of the Chappelle Show during dark death scenes.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:37 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Gimmie a HELL YEA!!!!

BREAKING: Man of Steel sequel in ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
A source familiar with the project told The Wrap, "Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount..

Http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/08/man- ... velopment/
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:38 am

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:David Ayer says Suicide Squad 2 is already in the works. Great time to be a fan!

#FuckYeah #SKWAD
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:00 am

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Looks like there may be a good amount of humour in JL. Wonder where they got that idea. I know you hate that kind of stuff in superhero movies YJ. You still going to see it?

Zack Snyder's tone is still in place. He didn't deviate much from his style. He only adjusted it and that's what was needed. Aquamoa brings the toughness and element of fear. The badassery. Even Cyborg brings an element of seriousness that Marvel can't come close to pulling off. In the JL teaser, the humor is in the right places. If you know anything about certain characters like Barry Allen and his relationship with Bruce Wayne, it's spot on accurate and not overboard. Marvel adds in humor for the sake of it because it's their cheesy standard of a status quo. There are parts in their movies where the situation doesn't call for it but they bring the straight edge belly-laugh of a segment anyway and it's awful. Humor is good as long as its true to the source material with the right characters, which is seen in the trailer with Barry Allen/Flash. It's simply rooted in his personality to bring that type of difference to the team, who are more grounded in seriousness. Ben's Batman and Bruce Wayne is spot on and the humor is being used correctly; not goofy or like Comedy Central's 3:00 am re-run's of the Chappelle Show during dark death scenes.

I still want to see that movie. Maybe one day, but probably never. WB pulled the wool over our eyes with the putrid JL marketing with a movie that never was. All they showed was scenes from the Snyder Cut in those first few trailers but ended up rolling out a piece of shit that was re-shot by a Marvel hack, which was the reason why I only saw JL twice in theaters. There's a reason why Whedon is now back in television where he kind of belongs.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:David Ayer says Suicide Squad 2 is already in the works. Great time to be a fan!

#FuckYeah #SKWAD

It's still in development. Go rinse off your keyboard. Sticky keys are no bueno. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:06 am

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Gimmie a HELL YEA!!!!

BREAKING: Man of Steel sequel in ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
A source familiar with the project told The Wrap, "Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount..

Http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/08/man- ... velopment/

We know a Superman standalone is in active development from the very fact that Matthew Vaughn and Mark Millar literally confirming discussions with WB about Superman. Active development pretty much means opening up the process of where the story could go, which director is a good fit and having discussions where to go next. They're probably far along and could have 2-3 directors as their choice. As of last night, the word is Henry Cavill signed a new multi film deal with WB as Superman. But right now, Hamada is tightening the ship on future announcements and is focusing on their next 3 feature releases.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:08 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:

#FuckYeah #SKWAD

Margot Robbie's Birds of Prey is going to be unbelievable! Thanks to Squad, Harley is now in the deserving spotlight. Great time to be a fan indeed!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:21 am

TNC.... You better get that $100!!!!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, sweetheart. A Henry Cavill-led Superman solo film is still in play. And if things go array and they reboot Superman, I'd have no problem paying up. I'm a man of my word...but seriously, the standalone approach WB is taking with their hero's only strengthens those chances of a Superman standalone happening.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:23 am

MoS2/"Superman" was upgraded to "active development" last year. RingWormFart either can't remember or skips over it in the search results. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:27 am

With the news of Henry having signed or about to sign, a new Superman solo is a given. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:

Margot Robbie's Birds of Prey is going to be unbelievable! Thanks to Squad, Harley is now in the deserving spotlight. Great time to be a fan indeed!

That's like the designers of the Titanic claiming success because they successfully launched a lifeboat.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 am

verslibre wrote:With the news of Henry having signed or about to sign, a new Superman solo is a given. :wink:

That post about active development was from 2016. It's been 5 years since MOS release, they better hurry or Caville will be collecting social security.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 pm

verslibre wrote:MoS2/"Superman" was upgraded to "active development" last year. RingWormFart either can't remember or skips over it in the search results. :lol:

Hah!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:30 pm

That's like the designers of the Titanic claiming success because they successfully launched a lifeboat.

Swing and a miss. Not only did Squad make bank, even in the midst of a critical bashing, they still managed to create a franchise off of the back that carried that said movie. That film single handily put Margot in the driver's chair to not only have full control over her character, but produce as well. Harley Quinn is a beast. One of the most beloved female characters in comic books and Squad was a big reason for it . WIN.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:35 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:With the news of Henry having signed or about to sign, a new Superman solo is a given. :wink:

That post about active development was from 2016. It's been 5 years since MOS release, they better hurry or Caville will be collecting social security.

Henry's Superman was still handled under one directors vision at the time and WB/DC admitted before JL's release of a rebrand. Cavill's next outing as Superman featured a more classic take on the character so with Man of Steel 2 going into active development meant they had a direction on where to take the character. We'll see where Henry's contract negotiations end up. We'll probably see him in Shazam! so there's that element in play for what's in store without the studio blowing their load on what's down the road. For now, DC is under new leadership and Hamada is already captaining a tighter ship. Something DC needs in their new regime.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:46 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Fast forward to 2018, DC is only 5 movies in and has abandoned their shared universe plan, fired their visionary director and have rebranded to distance themselves from their dumpster fire films except for 1. I think "New Coke" had a longer shelf life.

Perfect closer for this thread. Well said!

What a closer! I don't know what I'm going to do now that there won't be anything to talk about. I really wish WB/DC would get back to making comic book movies again. Aw shucks.

Oh wait...

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=61979

Cool! :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:16 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:One of the most true articles written in awhile. #4 couldn't be more BANG ON:

5 Reasons Why the DCEU Is Working:

5. It Makes Bigger Headlines
I can tell you from the ground floor as someone who has been reporting on both the Marvel and DC shared universe as they've developed: DC makes bigger headlines than Marvel. I was there when Chris Evans won the long casting search for Captain America, or Chris Hemsworth won the role of Thor; they were big deal headlines, yes, but they were nowhere near the scope of when Ben Affleck was cast as Batman, or Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. The divide is even wider when it comes to villains.

4. It's Established an Edgier Alternative
That's why those internet flame wars will never die down, or the DCEU defender articles will never go away (see: this article). Long after people stopped caring about Iron Man 3's shenanigans, they're still arguing for and against Man of Steel; that says the DCEU is like punk rock: the financial returns may lower than a pop-culture formula, but the loyalty and love is exponentially more intense.

3. Cult-Status Double Dip
It's gotten even stronger as items like the R-rated Batman v Superman: The Ultimate Edition give DCEU die-hards even more of a cult-status edge to contrast Marvel's friendly demeanor. With BvS:UE still making strong sales (and headlines), DC/WB has pulled off another trick: getting people to double-dip for a movie initially deemed "a failure." If Suicide Squad puts out a special edition release with, say, all those Joker deleted scenes woven back in, then the DCEU will have made double-dip revisions an official part of their brand, with all the cult-status street cred that goes along with them.

2. Heroe$ & Villain$
With Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, the DCEU has now proven that it can make lucrative franchises out of its stable of heroes and villains. The automatically doubles the potential for spinoff franchises, crossover "event films," and branding success. Look around this Halloween; you'll see just as many Superman or Batman costumes as Iron Man or Captain America ones - but how many Suicide Squad costumes will you see in comparison to Thanos or Baron Zemo or Ronan the Accuser costumes? Yeah, not much of a comparison to speak of, there.

1. Better Woven Saga
That interactivity and forward-thinking right from the start will inevitably make the DCEU a long-term investment that could come back to pay off in a much more fulfilling way than the MCU.

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/22/dc-vs-m ... ans-dceu/5

LMAO!!!!!
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Never underestimate the power of new fan favorite characters seen for the first time on the big screen. No matter the overall technicality of the film and its shortcomings in that regard, it's completely forgivable and overlooked when you're having a ball watching them NAIL characters like Harley Quinn and Deadshot, let alone performances from Amanda Waller (total bad bitch!) and Caption Boomerang, who was a very nice addition and played off of Deadshot and Harley perfectly.

I was pissed about them cutting Letos scenes as Joker, but him being a secondary character through the eyes of Harley made that relationship perfect with timing and made him that more creepier.

For Jokers role in this film, timing was everything and the relationship between the two had a perfect blend. Even Rick Flagg shocked me in how good his performance was and I was expecting him to be the most dull out of the bunch.

V is right. Each character has their moments and some are flat out refreshing and nicely done. It makes you want to see even MORE of the team, especially the juicy storylines that can come about this in one film. Deadshot was fantastic and the thought of future showdowns with Batfleck had me eating out of their hands. There's just fresh opportunities for DC to go in and everybody seems to be on board with that. They just need to buckle in and finally play off of the strengths of this universe.

This rave review and only Harley Quinn gets the lifeboat? Why did everyone else, all the new favorite characters, have to go down with the "SS" Titanic?
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:48 am

"Only Harley Quinn gets the lifeboat"? Odd thing to say. If they made a Batman and the Outsiders movie, would you say "Why does only Katana get the lifeboat?" (Of course, you have no idea what I'm talking about.)
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara