DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:36 am

BOX OFFICE: WONDER WOMAN Continues To Bury THE MUMMY; On Track For $200M Weekend Domestically
Wonder Woman ( should pass $400 mil worldwide by Sunday!) estimated to be a -47% drop for its second weekend BO and is absolutely ripping apart 'The Mummy.'
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:28 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:57 am

Several Actors Who Have Portrayed Batman Pay Their Respects To Adam West

@BenAffleck
Adam West exemplified heroism. Kind, funny and an all around great guy. Thank you for showing us all how it's done.

@valkilmer
Ah dear Adam West. He was always so kind when we met. A real gent. Once when I was a kid we found ourselves in front the batmobile. I got in

@arnettwill
RIP Adam West. You will always be Batman

@philiplord
RIP to a childhood hero who showed us Batman was kind and good and flawed and funny.

@RealKevinConroy
Adam West has passed. The Batman of my childhood. He brought us so much entertainment and was a truly class act. We'll miss u Adam

@HamillHimself
#AdamWest was such a wonderful actor & so kind, I'm so lucky to have worked w/ him & tell him how much he meant to me & millions of fans.

http://heroichollywood.com/adam-west-respect/
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:31 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Hope you like Wonder Woman on your Kindle Fire. :D

My son and his friend are watching it downstairs now. Lol
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:40 pm

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:What did the biased anti-DC critics at Rotten Tomatoes have to say about this movie? I'm sure it's hovering around 35% like BvS, right?

:lol: See for yourself, wise guy.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017/

I just blew a whole in your guy's "RT critics are anti-DC" theory to explain rotten reviews. The theory you've been pushing for the past 2 or 3 years. Also YJ's now a big believer in word of mouth. Fact is MOS and BvS had terrible word of mouth cuz the majority of audience thought they were shit moves which were reflected in the RT reviews. WW just proved your and YJ's arguments and excuses you've been pedaling 100% false....wise guy. Lol
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:59 am

RedWingFan wrote:I just blew a whole [...]

You blew a whole? A whole what? Pickled loaf? :lol:

RedWingFan wrote:WW just proved your and YJ's arguments and excuses you've been pedaling 100% false....wise guy. Lol

How'd you know about our Batcycles? :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:29 am

RedWingFan wrote: I just blew a whole in your guy's "RT critics are anti-DC" theory to explain rotten reviews.

For as big of a boinginginging-boner RT gives you, you would think you'd know by now that RT doesn't have any "RT critics." All RT does is round up critical reviews from around the web and plug them into their system (which brings me to my next point.) C'MON MAN.

The theory you've been pushing for the past 2 or 3 years.

There's no theory when critics THEMSELVES come out and fully blow their cover when talking about the subject (such things and comments from critics have been posted in this thread). There have been reviewer's who have admitted that such things go on, like the obvious "DC Smear Campaign" where these things tend to happen. For instance, WB/Snyder didn't invite certain critics to a special screening of BvS and didn't kiss their ass so it was known that some of them got peeved and had it our for the film to try to drag it through the mud. As a respected critic for a highly known publisher said: "The difference between Marvel and DC with the critics is that Marvel kiss's ass. This isn't a backhanded statement to Marvel, but one to DC/WB". You do realize that DC/WB invited the most harshest critics of BvS and SQUAD on the set of JL in London for a reason, right? Oh, and by miraculous turnaround, those reports were all positive. :lol:

Also YJ's now a big believer in word of mouth.

Never was a non-believer. Next.

Fact is MOS and BvS had terrible word of mouth cuz the majority of audience thought they were shit moves which were reflected in the RT reviews.

Funny you mention audience reviews and RT in the same breath. Since your boinginging-boner for RT is rock hard, we'll reference the audience score of Man of Steel and BvS on RT. Man of Steel's audience reflection on RT is at an impressive 75% fresh while BvS is at a fresh 63%. If you scour through this thread, you'd see how I have absolutely NO PROBLEM in admitting how Man of Steel and BvS were divisive films. That can't be argued but in the same breath, there's no denying that there are silver linings to both films and how the redeeming qualities are something that could be built upon for future films, something v and I have said forever. That seems to be playing out, especially with the HUGE success of Wonder Woman, which brings me to my next point.

WW just proved your and YJ's arguments and excuses you've been pedaling 100% false....wise guy. Lol

Stop being an asswhole :lol: The ONLY thing Wonder Woman proved was how wrong you were. This quote from you was takin' in the very first pages of this thread (Page 1; Post 29:)

I don't know how can anyone even dream that DC will have hits with Wonder Woman, Aquaman or Shazam? B v. S convinced me that there is no competition between DC and Marvel and there never will be.

Wonder Woman had an $103 million dollar opening weekend; sits at an amazing 93% on your beloved Rotten Tomatoes and just had a second weekend drop of only -45% (earning $57.2 million)! A drop that minimal is something not many CBM's do as far as holds. Time to crawl back under the "whole" you've come from and watch the DCEU keep busting out films from there :lol: .
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:42 am

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:56 am

$430 million worldwide in 10 days. This movie's going to play all summer. More tentpole movies will roll in, but I think $700M is a comfortable marker.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 am

I think Wonder Woman will reach $700 as well. If it doesn't crawl to $700, it will certainly get VERY close to it ala Man of Steel numbers (which faced one of the stiffest summer competition in some time back in '13).
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 am

5 weeks to SDCC and the WB Hall H slate rollout!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:13 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:35 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:41 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:45 am

Actuals for the weekend are in. Wonder Woman went from a projected drop of -47% to -45% but the second weekend actual's only saw the film drop a puzzling -43%! Good gawd this is domination.

WONDER WOMAN Continues To Dominate The Box Office
Wonder Woman is on track to have one of the most successful theatrical debuts of any modern superhero movie. It turns out the most recent estimates were actually selling the movie a bit short, as it fell only 43%, which is the smallest second weekend drop for any superhero flick since Sam Raimi's Spider-Man back in 2002.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_w ... gs-a151754
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:42 am

The funniest headline yet: "Wonder Woman leaves The Mummy in d'Nile!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 pm

verslibre wrote:Mark compiles his list of the 10 best superhero origin films. Check out his top 3. :wink:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/06/12/counting-down-the-top-10-superhero-origin-movies-and-why-theyre-the-best/#6f73d62af6d3

Da Trinity! Wonder Woman forced me to revise my list of favorite CBM's, maybe bumping Man of Steel ( :shock: ) down a peg!

Top 5:
1. Batman '89; Superman:The Movie (Interchangable 1 and 2)
2. Superman:The Movie; Batman '89 ((Interchangable 1 and 2))
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Dark Knight
5. Man of Steel

Top 10:
6. Batman v Superman
7. Superman II
8. Logan
9. Batman Begins
10. Iron Man
(Honorable mention): Batman Returns; Raimi's Spider-Man 2; X-Men: First Class

The GFY list:
1. Thor: The Fart World
2. Superman Retards
3. Spider-Idiot 3
4. X-Men Estrogen: Wolverine
5. Half of the MCU :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Unflattering images of Ben has emerged. Dude looks to still be on the bottle. If he can't right himself from rehab and better himself then Reeves needs to make a decision on the next Batman movie or WB should focus on Wonder Woman and Superman solo's rather than forcing Batman (there could be reason for the studio pushing more of the Bat-Family films) or see if Affleck can get to a peaceful place in his life. I still worry about 'em.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:33 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Unflattering images of Ben has emerged. Dude looks to still be on the bottle. If he can't right himself from rehab and better himself then Reeves needs to make a decision on the next Batman movie or WB should focus on Wonder Woman and Superman solo's rather than forcing Batman (there could be reason for the studio pushing more of the Bat-Family films) or see if Affleck can get to a peaceful place in his life. I still worry about 'em.

That's a bummer.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:04 am

Booze, women, gambling. Now divorced and moved away, gotta be hard on him,
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby S2M » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:19 am

Any list that doesn't have Iron Man number 1 is a shit list....I wouldn't even care if 2-10 were all DCU movies. The original Iron is THAT good.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

Yeah, no. The same can easily be said for all of those films mentioned (classics mind you) and most would argue TDK, not IM. Point being, for every person who has Iron Man at #1,there will be 100 others saying it's shit because it should be The Dark Knight or "insert movie here."
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Yeah, no. The same can easily be said for all of those films mentioned (classics mind you) and most would argue TDK, not IM. Point being, for every person who has Iron Man at #1,there will be 100 others saying it's shit because it should be The Dark Knight or "insert movie here."

Very true 4
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:38 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Yeah, no. The same can easily be said for all of those films mentioned (classics mind you) and most would argue TDK, not IM. Point being, for every person who has Iron Man at #1,there will be 100 others saying it's shit because it should be The Dark Knight or "insert movie here."

Yeah, no...TDK was a great movie, raised to an undeserved height ONLY because Heath died. Btw, I couldn't name ONE person who thinks IM is shit. And slotting a movie high on a list merely because it came first( and believe me...when folks say 'Classic', that's exactly what they mean), is suspect. Admittedly, I have yet to see WW...so, again, I can't comment...but IM is the best example of an origin story I've seen. I also enjoyed Doctor Strange. Now perhaps when I finally see WW I'll put it up there with IM...we shall see.
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:42 am

Wonder Woman has pushed Iron Man out of any Top 5 list. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Superman, Man of Steel all go in.

Iron Man definitely belongs in a Top 10, along with Logan, BvS, Cap2: The Winter Soldier, and X-Men: First Class.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 am

S2M wrote:Btw, I couldn't name ONE person who thinks IM is shit.

Neither will anyone here. What's that got to do with anything? :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am

Again...based on the comments I've read, here...and certain other reviews, slant WW in the direction of superiority, all things being equal - merely because it's the best FEMALE CBM/Super Hero movie made. Electra was shit...Aeon Flux, and Ultraviolet were decent...so yeah, I'll give it THAT based on what I've read. Let's not be prisoners of the moment. I'm not saying it sucks at all...I just can't take comments seriously from a bunch of admitted comic book junkies/geeks, with ZERO objectivity.

Oh, and Catwoman was a clusterfuck...so yeah, it wouldn't take very much for WW to be above the Mendoza line.
S2M
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:01 pm

S2M wrote:Again...based on the comments I've read, here...and certain other reviews, slant WW in the direction of superiority, all things being equal - merely because it's the best FEMALE CBM/Super Hero movie made. Electra was shit...Aeon Flux, and Ultraviolet were decent...so yeah, I'll give it THAT based on what I've read. Let's not be prisoners of the moment. I'm not saying it sucks at all...I just can't take comments seriously from a bunch of admitted comic book junkies/geeks, with ZERO objectivity.

Oh, and Catwoman was a clusterfuck...so yeah, it wouldn't take very much for WW to be above the Mendoza line.

You're right. So much of this is exaggerated. It's partially because it is the first female CBM to do well. It's also the fact that DC NEEDED WW to do well. So, combine those together and you get WW is great CBM ever made type comments.

Also, for whatever reason, Forbes seems to be very DC biased. Don't know why.

They (the DC CBM community) is taking a four star movie and making it into a perfect five stars.

And, I like Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet for what they were. Ultraviolet especially. But, I wouldn't put them in the same category as WW.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm

verslibre wrote:The funniest headline yet: "Wonder Woman leaves The Mummy in d'Nile!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except it's not true.

If you add up the demostic numbers for BOTH WW and Mummy it comes to less than 90 million. Even that is not even enough to get Mummy much respect.

So, WW did NOT "bury the Mummy" or whatever. The Mummy simply did not interest the ticket buying public. Ww did not steal much from the Mummy because there was nothing there to really steal. Where WW is at is is where it would be regardless of what movies were released.

BTW, foreign sales actually beat WW's debut weekend sales. So, it is selling over-seas.

WW is lucky in that it really has had no real competition....NONE. With it being this perfect CBM, it should be doing even better than it has been.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 pm

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/gui ... et_1782993

Pretty good read, not agree with the all, but...
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara