DC Extended Universe THREAD

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:02 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I'm 40/60 on Elfman. This is for sure Joss's doing. Elfman is his go-to and Joss brought him in late on other films before.

I thought Whedon was just doing some reshoots, some extra scenes and helping Zack out. Sounds like he has been given total creative control.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Man of Steel 2 rumblings:

Rumor: Man of Steel 2 Will Introduce Supergirl to the DCEU
“The sequel to Man of Steel has been developing in secret. Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder finished writing a story for the film back in November. Multiple writers were approached to turn into a screenplay including the writers from Watchmen and the 300 movie series. Brainiac will be the villain and Supergirl will be introduced to the DCEU.”
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 am

Wonder Woman Continues To Outperform Other Superhero Movies At The Box Office
Wonder Woman earned nearly $41 million in its third weekend. That's the second best third weekend ever for a Warner Bros./Time Warner movie, falling behind only Christopher Nolan's Academy Award-nominated The Dark Knight. Wonder Woman also had the fourth-best third weekend for a superhero movie, falling behind The Avengers's $55 million, Spider-Man's $45 million, and The Dark Knight's $42 million. Wonder Woman could end up being the highest-grossing film in the DC Extended Universe. It currently pacing 11 percent ahead of Man of Steel and 5 percent ahead of Suicide Squad. By the 24-day mark, Wonder Woman will likely be outpacing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as well (the film had earned $311 million by day 24).

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/18/wond ... box-office
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:04 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Elfman is just...so freakin' Elfman. Everything he does sounds like he's scoring to another quirky Burton film. Fuck that!

That is just flat-out untrue. Elfman has written everything from pop songs to "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride" (which, IMO, define the "Elfman sound" that you mention above...and are classics)...but also things you would be surprised he had anything to do with because they are absolutely nothing like the above.

Elfman is a genius...and if he is unappreciated by DC fans, he should just move on because he should be far above all of the shit.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 pm

S2M wrote:My bet is on 'Uncharted' being the next action game made into a movie. I don't have PS4, nor have played the game, but it's been all the rave for years.

I have never played them. But, my son has and it's one of his favorite series. And, you're right, I can see Uncharted being an awesome movie...if done right. Usually, movies based off of videos games are not done right.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Looks pretty much EXACTLY like the Aquaman from the Gamecube game. See "cut scenes" in the link below. And, as I just wrote, movies based on video games don't always do well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HXgqk1htSY

And, yeah, they took the look from the 90's version of the comics, or whatever. But, he still looks exactly like the pic below.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Aquaman #25 sets the stage for a new arc and a new look to the character. Looks familiar. Can't put a finger on it. Any takers? :lol:

Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm

0% chance WB/DC said "Okay, James Wann. When making your Aquaman movie, think.... GAMECUBE." :roll: The point is Aquaman's look in the new arc is reminiscent of Jason Momoa's Aquaman, which was takin' from the 1990's badass version of the character. This really isn't hard :lol: But any way to get a jab in, go for it Image
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:22 am

I haven't read the script, but some of the comments are funny.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-twitter-roast-joss-whedon-142122959.html

A month after his screenplay was released online, women of Twitter are tweeting their gratitude that it wasn’t Whedon’s rendition of “Wonder Woman” that made it to the big screen.

Like so many Hollywood screenplays in which men try to tell women’s stories, the language and dialogue in Whedon’s is objectifying and almost perverted, reading more like Reddit fan fiction rather than a superhero blockbuster.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 am

Monker wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Elfman is just...so freakin' Elfman. Everything he does sounds like he's scoring to another quirky Burton film. Fuck that!

That is just flat-out untrue. Elfman has written everything from pop songs to "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride" (which, IMO, define the "Elfman sound" that you mention above...and are classics)...but also things you would be surprised he had anything to do with because they are absolutely nothing like the above.

He was also the leader (but not founder) of the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo aka Oingo Boingo aka Boingo. :wink:

Monker wrote:Elfman is a genius...and if he is unappreciated by DC fans, he should just move on because he should be far above all of the shit.

His approach meshes with Burton's fare (hence the frequent comparison), but I'm not interested in "dinner theater" for Justice League.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:33 am

'Wonder Woman' Box Office: She's Got Legs (And She Knows How To Use Them)
For the third weekend in a row, the actual Wonder Woman weekend numbers turned out to be larger than the estimates. So yeah, Wonder Woman made $41.3 million over its third weekend of release. That's a drop of just 29.5% from its previous $58.25m second weekend. That's still one of the very smallest third weekend drops ever for a $100m+ opener, behind only Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (-22% for a $49m weekend on New Year's) and The Jungle Book (-28.9% for a $43m third weekend last April).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 120f391962
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Monker wrote:

Elfman is a genius...and if he is unappreciated by DC fans, he should just move on because he should be far above all of the shit.

Not sure who you are quoting here buddy, but it's not me. I agree with the sentiment, but those are not my words. Vers said that. Elfman hasn't written a memorable soundtrack in easily 20 years. Spider-Man was unmemorable.. so was the Willy Wonka remake. You can paraphrase me - but please don't attribute my name to words I didn't say.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:

He was also the leader (but not founder) of the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo aka Oingo Boingo aka Boingo. :wink:

Oh, come on. I knew that already.

Monker wrote:Elfman is a genius...and if he is unappreciated by DC fans, he should just move on because he should be far above all of the shit.

His approach meshes with Burton's fare (hence the frequent comparison), but I'm not interested in "dinner theater" for Justice League.

That's good. Tim Burton has done sound tracks that I am CERTAIN you have heard and had absolutely NO CLUE it was him because it sounds NOTHING like Beatleguise or Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

He doesn't just do the bouncy pouncy stuff in Burton films. That is not the extent of his abilities or "approach" at all. He can write a classical composition worthy of John Williams. He is a DISNEY go to composer and writer. So, if he is not appreciated by DC fans, he should not shine his genius in that direction.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 pm

All it means is there is no competition - at all.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:'Wonder Woman' Box Office: She's Got Legs (And She Knows How To Use Them)
For the third weekend in a row, the actual Wonder Woman weekend numbers turned out to be larger than the estimates. So yeah, Wonder Woman made $41.3 million over its third weekend of release. That's a drop of just 29.5% from its previous $58.25m second weekend. That's still one of the very smallest third weekend drops ever for a $100m+ opener, behind only Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (-22% for a $49m weekend on New Year's) and The Jungle Book (-28.9% for a $43m third weekend last April).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 120f391962
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:53 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:0% chance WB/DC said "Okay, James Wann. When making your Aquaman movie, think.... GAMECUBE." :roll: The point is Aquaman's look in the new arc is reminiscent of Jason Momoa's Aquaman, which was takin' from the 1990's badass version of the character. This really isn't hard :lol: But any way to get a jab in, go for it Image

No, it's looks exactly like the worst video game ever created. The golden mullet defies you.

The truth is YOU KNOW it is based on the 90's version of Aquaman comics. Even those look like Momoa.

Momoa, and whoever else, probably based his look on those 90's comics and now the new comics are influenced by Momoa's looks...which goes back to the 90's comics....and the Gamecube and the worst video game of all time...and the golden mullet.

So, how is Momoa going to lose his hand and replace it with a pointy thing?
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:10 pm

No SHIT Sherlock, that's the damn point! The fucking density with this guy, FUCK. :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:08 pm

YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:08 am

Monker wrote:The truth is YOU KNOW it is based on the 90's version of Aquaman comics. Even those look like Momoa.

What the devil... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:12 am

DC Film’s Jon Berg, Geoff Johns on Success of ‘Wonder Woman’ and Sequel Plans

Jon Berg and Geoff Johns are riding high. The two men, whose job is to oversee the DC film universe for Warner Bros., are basking in the glow of the critical and commercial success of “Wonder Woman.” Berg is a veteran producer whose credits include “Elf” and “Out of Time,” while Johns is deeply enmeshed in DC lore, having written for the likes of “Green Lantern” and “Aquaman” in addition to guiding the company’s television efforts.

They spoke with Variety about what’s next for “Wonder Woman,” their reaction to the poor reviews for “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Suicide Squad,” and why there will be more female superheroes and villains in upcoming DC films.

Why did audiences embrace “Wonder Woman”?

Berg: It’s a fun movie. It’s positive and optimistic. The early films may have been too dark in parts.

Johns: Most of the DC Universe is known as being a hopeful and optimistic place. It’s known for characters that are inspirational and aspirational. Anyone who knows and loves the DC Universe knows that a lot of that has to do with its hope and optimism.

“Suicide Squad” and “Batman v. Superman” made money, but critics hated them. Did you learn anything from the poor response to the films?

Berg: There are lessons from every movie. You would be silly not to analyze how a movie was received — what went right and what went wrong on the making of a movie. On “Suicide Squad,” the movie did incredibly well commercially. It didn’t work narratively. You had some great casting and some great characterizations, but where the story fell down was on narrative, on plot. We could do better. “Batman v. Superman” was tonally dark. People didn’t respond to that.

Johns: “Wonder Woman” celebrated exactly who the character is, but looking at it, it’s not like we should change everything to be about hope and optimism. There’s nothing to change. That’s what these characters are.

Given the success of “Wonder Woman,” do you expect to make more female-driven comic-book films?

Johns: We’ve got a lot of plans for our female characters just because they’re great characters. There are many wonderful elements to the DC Universe, and one of them is that we have the best female characters, heroes and villains, in the world. No one is going to beat Wonder Woman and Batgirl and Harley Quinn.

Will Patty Jenkins be back to direct the sequel to “Wonder Woman”?

Johns: Patty and I are writing the treatment right now. The goal is to make another great “Wonder Woman” film. I had a blast making it with Patty the first time. We’ve got a cool idea for the second one.

Will Wonder Woman’s role be enhanced in “Justice League”?

Berg: Her role won’t change, but she was already playing a big role. People really responded to Gal [Gadot] in “Batman v. Superman.” We knew we had something special.

Joss Whedon is overseeing reshoots on “Justice League” and will write and direct “Batgirl.” How important will he be to the DC cinematic universe going forward?

Berg: He’s a big part already. We love him. He’s a great partner, collaborator; we want him to be ensconced. We bring people by, have general meetings and talk about comics and their favorite superhero movies. With Joss, he saw the master board, and he saw a “Batgirl” title and he said, “You guys seriously want to do ‘Batgirl’?” And we said, “Absolutely.” He said, “That’s my jam.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jon-berg-geoff-johns-wonder-woman-sequel-justice-league-1202471557/
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 am

This thread is like the meet-up place the Thieves all run to after a caper...while they incessantly brag, and boast about what they did. It's like that one guy that likes this underground band, relatively unknown...and he bores everyone to tears by constantly waxing pathetic, singing the praises of said band. 'Man, you REALLY got to check them out!'

We get it...you all liked the movie, and wack off to GIFS of Gal.

'Oh...EM...GEE! Did you hear what Zak Snyder said?!'

'Praise be Jesus, J.J. Abrams is going to be involved in the next sequel!!!"

'Well fuck me sideways, Joss Whedon said the word "TWO" in an interview last night!!'

'Wooohooo! WW ONLY fell -29% this week!!!'

'I need a new copy of DC #2387, pages 18 & 19 are stuck together :( '

Come to think of it, all you geeky nerd dweebs should be the cast of Mystery Men TWO. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 am

Speak for yourself, geeky nerd dweeb. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:55 am

20 years old today! :lol:

verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:03 am

S2M wrote:This thread is like the meet-up place the Thieves all run to after a caper...while they incessantly brag, and boast about what they did. It's like that one guy that likes this underground band, relatively unknown...and he bores everyone to tears by constantly waxing pathetic, singing the praises of said band. 'Man, you REALLY got to check them out!'

We get it...you all liked the movie, and wack off to GIFS of Gal.

'Oh...EM...GEE! Did you hear what Zak Snyder said?!'

'Praise be Jesus, J.J. Abrams is going to be involved in the next sequel!!!"

'Well fuck me sideways, Joss Whedon said the word "TWO" in an interview last night!!'

'Wooohooo! WW ONLY fell -29% this week!!!'

'I need a new copy of DC #2387, pages 18 & 19 are stuck together :( '

Come to think of it, all you geeky nerd dweebs should be the cast of Mystery Men TWO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get it out bro. Get it all out. We are here for you :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:04 am

verslibre wrote:20 years old today! :lol:

v, what I tell ya about going through S2M's closet without his consent you nerd dweeb :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 am

I just wanted to see if they were felt tips that inverted when they were cold! :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:56 am

http://www.thewrap.com/phil-lord-and-chris-miller-met-with-dc-about-the-flash-during-han-solo-hiatus-exclusive/

Lord & Miller have bailed on Han Solo. Meanwhile, they met with WB about The Flash during a break in filming the Hand Solo movie.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 am

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/06/22/box-office-wonder-woman-soars-past-600-million-worldwide/#1996563534af

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Soars Past $600 Million Worldwide

Wonder Woman earned another $3.845 million on Wednesday, bringing its domestic total to $289.193m in 20 days of release. That means today is the day it surpasses Man of Steel ($291m in 2012) in North American grosses.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:24 am

Monker wrote:All it means is there is no competition - at all.

What do you call Cars 3, the movie that took the #1 spot from Wonder Woman after two weeks?
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 am

New pic of Henry in M:I 6.

verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:59 pm

verslibre wrote:http://www.thewrap.com/phil-lord-and-chris-miller-met-with-dc-about-the-flash-during-han-solo-hiatus-exclusive/

Lord & Miller have bailed on Han Solo. Meanwhile, they met with WB about The Flash during a break in filming the Hand Solo movie.

Every other article I read says they were fired by the producer.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:01 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:All it means is there is no competition - at all.

What do you call Cars 3, the movie that took the #1 spot from Wonder Woman after two weeks?

Are you saying WW target audience is < 16yrs old? I thought DC was for adults. Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3 are kids movies.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo