DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby Abitaman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:Ah, no. On YouTube, look up Nostalgia Critic's review of BvS. Watch all of it. At the very least, it's entertaining. The worst part of BvS was Snyder's lame decisions and writing, there are so many...and Eisenberg comes a close second.

Sorry you can't handle other people's opinions. Having watched the extended director's cut, I believe the theatrical edits really harmed BvsS. The director's cut was much much more balanced. As for Snyder..... first and foremost he's a visualist. Not a writer. Restore the edits and recast Lex Luthor, and you have a fairly decent movie.

Zach's visuals are stunning. His 2 movies are better on the eyes than 90% of Marvel's visuals.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 am

Zack's a subtle story-teller and his visuals have meaning to the story. Snyder's DC's contextual focus isn't singular and isn't placed in a vacuum, ala Marvel. I appreciate Zack's work every day and stand by the notion of having a thoughtful alternative that doesn't resort to a formulaic; forgetful films full of fluff. Too bad WB turned JL into a Marvel gag reel. It could and should have been much more when pertaining to Zack's vision. Ohwell.

Watch this:

Batman v Superman Versus Captain America: Civil War - Context
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... -k-tQxJv8o
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am

Holy Shit! Jimmy Neutron is all grown up!
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am

Read the comments. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 am

JesusFUCKINGChrist..

..I can't.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Whose mouth did they use? Scott Baio's?!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Favorite of tweeter comments was his face after being munched in Superman V Batman. But it makes no sense since he was dead after that.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:57 am

Hold up...holdupholdup..

Superman's face didn't get munch'd in. Batsy tried, but nah.

The only marking on Supes' face was the cut from the Kryptonite spear.

Carry on. :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 am

verslibre wrote:Whose mouth did they use? Scott Baio's?!

I use to do a little bit of photoshop. What that atrocity looks like is a tool called the "smudge" tool where you basically blend textures that looks like a smear, kind of like the Ring girl of some sort. I'm getting more and more jacked over JL and starting to wish it never fucking happened lol.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:43 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote:Whose mouth did they use? Scott Baio's?!

I use to do a little bit of photoshop. What that atrocity looks like is a tool called the "smudge" tool where you basically blend textures that looks like a smear, kind of like the Ring girl of some sort. I'm getting more and more jacked over JL and starting to wish it never fucking happened lol.

Yeah, the smudge tool also won a mention in the Twitter comments. :lol:

We can only hope WB learned from their gaffe.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:56 am

He looks like that Irish dude from Sons of Anarchy.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:06 am

Shazam! begins production in February.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 am

Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Abitaman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 am

I know Star Wars is really a Disney Marvel movie, but has anyone seen it? I saw it last night it was pretty good. Won't give any details because of spoilers, but one of the better. I've seen a lot of complaints online about what happened in the movie, but there's still another movie to go to explain things. So I think people are getting upset for nothing. The one drawback for me a lot of the humor seemed forced
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:59 am

Abitaman wrote:I know Star Wars is really a Disney Marvel movie, but has anyone seen it? I saw it last night it was pretty good. Won't give any details because of spoilers, but one of the better. I've seen a lot of complaints online about what happened in the movie, but there's still another movie to go to explain things. So I think people are getting upset for nothing. The one drawback for me a lot of the humor seemed forced

Par for the course.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Starting to heat up:

EXCLUSIVE: MARK MILLAR TALKS POTENTIAL MATTHEW VAUGHN DIRECTED MAN OF STEEL
"He and I are massive Superman fans. I mean, we worship Richard Donner. We love the Christopher Reeve movies. He actually phoned me up a few months ago, and he said, “Hey, listen, DC, they’re very interested in me doing Man of Steel 2. Do you want to come in and do this?’ And I was like, ‘I’m exclusive to Netflix for years. We can’t even have that conversation.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, man. What's the chances of this?’ And then he kind of drifted away. And he’s attached himself to a couple of things and all that. Y'know so, it’s one of those things that might, I mean- if somebody phones Matthew up and offers him enough money it could all change tomorrow," Millar shared with Robles.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusi ... -steel-190

INSIDER INTEL:

This #MatthewVaughn / #Superman stuff is very real. Between his comments, and what Mark Millar told me today (for tomorrow's @ElFanboyPodcast), @WBPictures is paying VERY close attention to YOUR responses.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Abitaman wrote:I know Star Wars is really a Disney Marvel movie, but has anyone seen it? I saw it last night it was pretty good. Won't give any details because of spoilers, but one of the better. I've seen a lot of complaints online about what happened in the movie, but there's still another movie to go to explain things. So I think people are getting upset for nothing. The one drawback for me a lot of the humor seemed forced

It was entertaining. Time flew by while watching it. Didn't care with where they went with characters and how they are changing what the force is and what it can do.
The Leia scene and the BB8 scene taking out the guards were stupid
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Matthew Vaughn:

"I do love the world of DC, and I've been talking to them at the moment about a few things. It's more fun getting involved with franchises when they're on the down, because then it's easier to make a good film. So if I got involved with a few of the superhero movies out there that have been disappointing, it's going to be... if I do OK, it'll probably be better."
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:27 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Matthew Vaughn:

"I do love the world of DC, and I've been talking to them at the moment about a few things. It's more fun getting involved with franchises when they're on the down, because then it's easier to make a good film. So if I got involved with a few of the superhero movies out there that have been disappointing, it's going to be... if I do OK, it'll probably be better."

If they do anything, they will do another team up movie. Maybe Cavill's Supes with Wonder Woman. They won't bet the farm on another MOS solo movie. Losing proposition.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Matthew Vaughn:

If they do anything, they will do another team up movie. Maybe Cavill's Supes with Wonder Woman. They won't bet the farm on another MOS solo movie. Losing proposition.

Nope, Wonder Woman 2 is filming in '18. Already written, cast and crew are set up. There were rumors of a movie with Shazam/Superman/Black Adam, but with the Black Adam movie off the slate, that's probably not happening, either. Yet. Shazam! starts filming in February, too.

If Vaughn signs on for a Superman movie, it will be a Superman movie. Hopefully with Brainiac. Fandom demands a Superman movie.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:48 am

verslibre wrote:
Nope, Wonder Woman 2 is filming in '18. Already written, cast and crew are set up. There were rumors of a movie with Shazam/Superman/Black Adam, but with the Black Adam movie off the slate, that's probably not happening, either. Yet. Shazam! starts filming in February, too.

The existence of Wonder Woman 2 doesn't prevent her being teamed up with Superman in the future. If the DC cinematic universe even goes forward (a BIG *if*) I imagine most of the films will involve her predominantly. DC added Batman into the mix because a solo Superman film did not connect with audiences. It would be a huge gamble for them to try that again.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby S2M » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:53 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:

The existence of Wonder Woman 2 doesn't prevent her being teamed up with Superman in the future. If the DC cinematic universe even goes forward (a BIG *if*) I imagine most of the films will involve her predominantly. DC added Batman into the mix because a solo Superman film did not connect with audiences. It would be a huge gamble for them to try that again.

The problem with ANY story is that plot doesn't matter as much as folks think. Yes, plot helps drive the story...in the background, and yes a hokey plot can ruin a movie, and to an equal extent: Casting. But interesting characters, DIALOGUE, and intelligent INTERACTIONS between those interesting characters are what determines a bad movie from a good movie, and a good movie from a great movie.

Eisenberg ruined BvS...
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Aquaman is done. Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam! go into production in 2018. Same film universe.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 am

S2M wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:

The problem with ANY story is that plot doesn't matter as much as folks think. Yes, plot helps drive the story...in the background, and yes a hokey plot can ruin a movie, and to an equal extent: Casting. But interesting characters, DIALOGUE, and intelligent INTERACTIONS between those interesting characters are what determines a bad movie from a good movie, and a good movie from a great movie.

Joss Whedon ruined JL...

Fixed. :)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:34 am

Dude gets a lifetime pass because of Firefly, and Serenity. Whedon and Apatow are the same. Allowed to run rampant because of past accomplishments.
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 am

S2M wrote:Dude gets a lifetime pass because of Firefly, and Serenity.

Nah. Don't get what everyone sees in 'em. Fell asleep during Serenity, too! I gave 'im a fair shake. Avengers is a pretty cool movie, though there are issues with the third act (middle's the best). Age of Ultron turned a great villain into a joke. I hope Batgirl doesn't suck.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 am

verslibre wrote:
S2M wrote:Dude gets a lifetime pass because of Firefly, and Serenity.

Nah. Don't get what everyone sees in 'em. Fell asleep during Serenity, too! I gave 'im a fair shake. Avengers is a pretty cool movie, though there are issues with the third act (middle's the best). Age of Ultron turned a great villain into a joke. I hope Batgirl doesn't suck.

I should have written that answer better. I'm not saying he SHOULD get a pass, just that he gets it from his wacky fanbase, and hollywood.
S2M
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:09 am

verslibre wrote:Aquaman is done. Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam! go into production in 2018. Same film universe.

The current state of the DC cinematic universe is still very much in doubt. Aquaman director, James Wan, has been openly distancing himself from creative choices in Justice League. Wonder Woman 2, like Suicide Squad 2, was inevitable because it made $$$. DC Films has completely restructured following Justice League. Matt Reeves seemingly wants nothing to do with Affleck. Originally proposed films like Cyborg, JL2, and MOS 2 will never see the light of day. The entire focus has shifted from a connected universe ala Marvel to standalone films. This has been documented all over.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/dc-wonde ... verse.html
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 am

S2M wrote:
Eisenberg ruined BvS...

Agreed.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara