DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 pm

v, speaking of Chris McKay, he just tweeted this:

No new news. I’m excited by everything Walter Hamada is doing at WB/DC. And as both a fan and a filmmaker I can’t wait to see what @mattreevesLA is creating in Gotham City. If you love DC or Movie Superheroes in general this is a great time to be alive. Patience is a good thing.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 am

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
The audience actually took to Squad, especially the characters. In the right hands, we have a potentially great Bat-franchise in the works so that's a success.

Took to the CharacterS? Guys dig Harley Quinn and want to see more of her.....literally!
Harley Quinn = MJ, Deadshot= Tito Jackson, Croc guy = Randy Jackson, the first SS character I can't remember = Marlon,..etc.etc..etc..


Get it right. Deadshot is Jermaine, not Tito. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:53 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:v, speaking of Chris McKay, he just tweeted this:

No new news. I’m excited by everything Walter Hamada is doing at WB/DC. And as both a fan and a filmmaker I can’t wait to see what @mattreevesLA is creating in Gotham City. If you love DC or Movie Superheroes in general this is a great time to be alive. Patience is a good thing.


Now the question is...where are the armchair floggers, I mean bloggers, going to find some? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:42 am

Word on the street is the Shazam! trailer is going to land at SDCC, too.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 am

Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:58 pm

David S. Sandberg, director of Shazam! posted a pic him and the SDCC logo as a cartoon and he's saying "Dammit would you hurry up already!"
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:07 am

Reeves better be there or we'll have to twittersault him. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:36 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:24 am



Fuck yessss! Can't wait to see underwater action done RIGHT. Aquaman has every potential to give the genre a boost into the unknown badassery of comic book films.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 am



Man, I remember this. I think this was the Man of Steel Blu-Ray release special. Cavill came in through a monitor and Zack was with Amy Adams. Zack is smiling ear to hear thinkin' "Fuckin' tell 'em how hard it is, Kev." Little did he know the axes were being drawn...
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:56 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:


Man, I remember this. I think this was the Man of Steel Blu-Ray release special. Cavill came in through a monitor and Zack was with Amy Adams. Zack is smiling ear to hear thinkin' "Fuckin' tell 'em how hard it is, Kev." Little did he know the axes were being drawn...


F'in crazy. Yet here we are five years later and what's (still) being talked about? Zack's movie? Or Bry's? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Henry is posting more and more Superman related videos on his Instagram. He's probably teasing what he's up to. Here is a video of behind the scenes of some flying scenes for JL. If Cavill isn't the perfect modern day Superman then quite frankly I don't know if there is any other out there. Henry needs to be Superman on the big screen for a long time.

Henry Cavill behind the scenes of Justice League
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYh8KglPRG/
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:12 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:If Cavill isn't the perfect modern day Superman then quite frankly I don't know if there is any other out there.


There isn't one. He looks so much the part in MoS, it's scary.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:51 am

Wonder Woman 84 footage CONFIRMED for SDCC!

So it's official that all three DCEU films that are next in line are coming to SDCC in July which means surprises are in store for the fans.

#BRINGIT
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:03 am

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:If Cavill isn't the perfect modern day Superman then quite frankly I don't know if there is any other out there.


There isn't one. He looks so much the part in MoS, it's scary.


Looks the part, but lacks the charisma to pull it off. 3 films and counting and he is not widely connecting with audiences. Using James Bond as a reference, Lazenby got one shot and Dalton got two. No sense is doubling down on Cavill at this point.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13440
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:45 am

Disagree. Bond is bond, but Henry never got to play the charasmatic Superman the classic version calls for, which is why fans have been very vocal about giving him that chance. He has a big Superman fanbase. Cavill can only act what the director asks and though he makes a good comic book; modern day Jim Lee version of the character, the next series of films need to take advantage of his charisma, humor and charm to bring a different version of the character he desperately wants to play.
And speaking of Bond, he's always on the top list of actors to take over that role after Craig. Word has it, he's fantastic in MI:6 opposite Cruise.

You'll see. :D
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:11 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Disagree. Bond is bond, but Henry never got to play the charasmatic Superman the classic version calls for, which is why fans have been very vocal about giving him that chance. He has a big Superman fanbase. Cavill can only act what the director asks and though he makes a good comic book; modern day Jim Lee version of the character, the next series of films need to take advantage of his charisma, humor and charm to bring a different version of the character he desperately wants to play.
And speaking of Bond, he's always on the top list of actors to take over that role after Craig. Word has it, he's fantastic in MI:6 opposite Cruise.

You'll see. :D


HC looks gnarly in the Fallout trailer. I bet they indulged some savage editing to make it look like TC could negotiate those swings & punches! :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:27 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Disagree. Bond is bond, but Henry never got to play the charasmatic Superman the classic version calls for, which is why fans have been very vocal about giving him that chance.


You could argue that Dalton and Lazenby deserved another shot as well. By and large, the market has spoken and rejected Cavill.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13440
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 am



The very first thing I said in the theater alongside the other 20 people in that God awful opening scene was "Billy Batson?"
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:20 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Disagree. Bond is bond, but Henry never got to play the charasmatic Superman the classic version calls for, which is why fans have been very vocal about giving him that chance.


You could argue that Dalton and Lazenby deserved another shot as well. By and large, the market has spoken and rejected Cavill.


Proof? Link?

Where the Bond franchise is concerned, there's no multi-year gap between Lazenby and the next movie. There's a ONE year gap, and that movie, Diamonds Are Forever, featured the RETURN of Connery in the role.

OHMSS may well be a fine film, but its fans like it because it does some things Connery's Bond didn't do, like get married. The movie's fans argue Lazenby's Bond is much closer to Fleming's than Connery was.

So maybe that's why it didn't it click with general audiences, i.e. the non-readers. Now where have I seen that before? :wink:

The next movie, Diamonds, features more nudity than usual and more sex-laced humor. (Wow, you mean like it has more quips, more silliness? That's what audiences want?)

Nice parallel you brought up, haha. In hindsight, until we get another truly great Bond, the ones that will be most remembered are Connery, Moore and Craig. The GA doesn't give a crap about Dalton or Brosnan (the latter's movie's each met with a lower critical reception than the previous installment).
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:04 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:49 am

verslibre wrote:Proof? Link?


Of what? The diminishing returns of the DC universe? If Man of Steel had met studio expectations, a sequel would have been fast-tracked. Instead, here we are, 5 years later, and you are trying to decipher Cavill's Instagram page for breadcrumbs of hope.

verslibre wrote:Where the Bond franchise is concerned, there's no multi-year gap between Lazenby and the next movie. There's a ONE year gap, and that movie, Diamonds Are Forever, featured the RETURN of Connery in the role.


Yes, despite technological advancements, the production of cycle of major movies has increased. That is true across the industry. Not just Bond.

verslibre wrote:OHMSS may well be a fine film, but its fans like it because it does some things Connery's Bond didn't do, like get married. The movie's fans argue Lazenby's Bond is much closer to Fleming's than Connery was.

So maybe that's why it didn't it click with general audiences, i.e. the non-readers. Now where have I seen that before? :wink:


Lazenby's portrayal isn't different from Connery. The only reason he got married is because in the OHMSS book 007 gets married. If Sean played it, Sean's 007 would have been married. OHMSS had the same screenwriters as the others.

Also, it was the first time Bond had been recast (on film at least). Recasting major franchises is now commonplace. Back then, it was a gamble.
What point are you trying to make?

verslibre wrote:The next movie, Diamonds, features more nudity than usual and more sex-laced humor. (Wow, you mean like it has more quips, more silliness? That's what audiences want?)


It's PG dude. There's no nudity. As the series entered the 70s and 80s, it embraced camp. So what? Despite changes, the series remained financially successful under the leadership of Cubby Broccoli. It's not like DC. DC's house is on fire and in chaos.

verslibre wrote:Nice parallel you brought up, haha. In hindsight, until we get another truly great Bond, the ones that will be most remembered are Connery, Moore and Craig. The GA doesn't give a crap about Dalton or Brosnan (the latter's movie's each met with a lower critical reception than the previous installment).


Not sure what you're talking about. And to many, especially kids who spent countless hours playing Goldeneye on N64, Pierce was as much Bond as Sean or Roger.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13440
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:48 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Proof? Link?


Of what? The diminishing returns of the DC universe? If Man of Steel had met studio expectations, a sequel would have been fast-tracked. Instead, here we are, 5 years later, and you are trying to decipher Cavill's Instagram page for breadcrumbs of hope.


You're still on that? When are you going to lather on about Iron Man soaking up screen time in Captain America and Spider-Man movies for a change? :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Where the Bond franchise is concerned, there's no multi-year gap between Lazenby and the next movie. There's a ONE year gap, and that movie, Diamonds Are Forever, featured the RETURN of Connery in the role.


Yes, despite technological advancements, the production of cycle of major movies has increased. That is true across the industry. Not just Bond.


What's that got to do with the return of the first actor the very next year after a change in actors? :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:OHMSS may well be a fine film, but its fans like it because it does some things Connery's Bond didn't do, like get married. The movie's fans argue Lazenby's Bond is much closer to Fleming's than Connery was.

So maybe that's why it didn't it click with general audiences, i.e. the non-readers. Now where have I seen that before? :wink:


Lazenby's portrayal isn't different from Connery. The only reason he got married is because in the OHMSS book 007 gets married. If Sean played it, Sean's 007 would have been married. OHMSS had the same screenwriters as the others.


Notice his accent much? Also, Lazenby comes off somewhat less confident but younger and not for lack of gusto. Some wager his was an arguably more realistic iteration.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Also, it was the first time Bond had been recast (on film at least). Recasting major franchises is now commonplace. Back then, it was a gamble. What point are you trying to make?


What point are YOU trying to make? :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:The next movie, Diamonds, features more nudity than usual and more sex-laced humor. (Wow, you mean like it has more quips, more silliness? That's what audiences want?)


It's PG dude. There's no nudity. As the series entered the 70s and 80s, it embraced camp. So what? Despite changes, the series remained financially successful under the leadership of Cubby Broccoli. It's not like DC. DC's house is on fire and in chaos.


1) There are a substantial number of PG-rated movies that have some nudity. 2) You're wrong. Bond rips off a chick's bikini top and her nips are in plain view. https://www.mrskin.com/a-history-of-nudity-in-the-james-bond-franchise---16197

The rest of that paragraph is frosting.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Not sure what you're talking about. And to many, especially kids who spent countless hours playing Goldeneye on N64, Pierce was as much Bond as Sean or Roger.


Dalton and Lazenby aside, he's in the fewest number of Bond movies (I'm counting the next one Craig will star in), and they're the lowest rated ones on average after Dalton's, too. He's the Steve Augeri of Bond movies (Dalton = Arnel, Lazenby = Soto). :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:09 pm

verslibre wrote:You're still on that? When are you going to lather on about Iron Man soaking up screen time in Captain America and Spider-Man movies for a change? :lol:


By and large, those Marvel films have not been dumpster fires.

verslibre wrote:What's that got to do with the return of the first actor the very next year after a change in actors? :lol:


As previously mentioned, production schedules are longer now for major franchise films.
Citing the "very next year" means nothing.

verslibre wrote:Notice his accent much?


No. Not really. For much of the movie he is actually dubbed.

verslibre wrote:What point are YOU trying to make? :lol:


I don't have to prove anything. DC Execs are running around openly apologizing for the Snyder films. They are making the case for me.

verslibre wrote:1) There are a substantial number of PG-rated movies that have some nudity.


Yea? Like what?

verslibre wrote: 2) You're wrong. Bond rips off a chick's bikini top and her nips are in plain view. https://www.mrskin.com/a-history-of-nudity-in-the-james-bond-franchise---16197

The rest of that paragraph is frosting.


So to prove that there is nudity in the movie you link to a porn site that has a screenshot from a split second in the film?
Desperate, dude.
Do you also have a lifetime subscription to spankwire?

A link to the actual scene is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-oWR59aEM

As mentioned, you can't see anything.

verslibre wrote:Dalton and Lazenby aside, he's in the fewest number of Bond movies (I'm counting the next one Craig will star in), and they're the lowest rated ones on average after Dalton's, too. He's the Steve Augeri of Bond movies (Dalton = Arnel, Lazenby = Soto). :lol:


Lowest rated based on what? Pierce's films made bank and each out-grossed the other. Unlike Cavill's MOS, the studio didn't feel the need to team Pierce up with Mr. Bean, Dr. Who or some other character.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13440
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:02 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:You're still on that? When are you going to lather on about Iron Man soaking up screen time in Captain America and Spider-Man movies for a change? :lol:


By and large, those Marvel films have not been dumpster fires.


I beg to differ. Both Iron Man sequels sucked. Thor 2 sucked. Age of Ultron sucked. Ant-Man is ho-hum (nice VFX, but it's Iron Man again). Doctor Strange had so much potential but it turned out to be woefully average. Black Panther's third act was a predictable mess, and the rest of it has problems. Are we going to continue to pretend that box office gross defines good movies? I saw the new Jurassic movie. It's making bank. But it kind of sucks, except for the VFX. :wink:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:As previously mentioned, production schedules are longer now for major franchise films. Citing the "very next year" means nothing.


Call it "very next movie," then. How many examples of the first actor returning to a role are there?

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I don't have to prove anything. DC Execs are running around openly apologizing for the Snyder films. They are making the case for me.


They are? Can you link to an article that says "We're sweeping the DCEU under the rug and disregarding everything brought to the table by Zack Snyder? We're scrapping any/all DCEU connections within Aquaman, Shazam! and Wonder Woman 1984, down to recasting Arthur and Diana."

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:1) There are a substantial number of PG-rated movies that have some nudity.


Yea? Like what?


Nudity is exposure of any body part that usually remains covered (tits, ass, crotch), it doesn't mean you have to see every nook and cranny like in the movies promoted in the magazine published by the guy in your avatar. Remember Kaufman's remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers? Rated PG. Brooke Adams takes a nice stroll in the buff. Remember The Beastmaster? Rated PG. Tanya Roberts and her gal pal emerge from a pond topless. Remember Airplane!, Robot Jox, Logan's Run, Barbarella and Looker? Those are all PG-rated movies with instances of nudity.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:So to prove that there is nudity in the movie you link to a porn site that has a screenshot from a split second in the film?
Desperate, dude.


That's hilarious coming from a guy whose avatar is Al Goldstein. Mr. Skin is firmly ensconced in pop culture. The site's nearly 20 years old. The founder, Jim McBride, has been on countless radio shows, from Stern to Carolla, to talk about what is essentially the IMDb of cinematic nudity. That link was the first result in the search.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Do you also have a lifetime subscription to spankwire?


So that's your go-to when it's time for a virtual escape from the cubicle? :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:As mentioned, you can't see anything.


Yeah, you can't see anything in the minimized box under the search results. Watch it on a 20' screen the way movies were meant to be screened and get back to me.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Dalton and Lazenby aside, he's in the fewest number of Bond movies (I'm counting the next one Craig will star in), and they're the lowest rated ones on average after Dalton's, too. He's the Steve Augeri of Bond movies (Dalton = Arnel, Lazenby = Soto). :lol:


Lowest rated based on what? Pierce's films made bank and each out-grossed the other.


The first three are pretty close, no huge margins.

GoldenEye – $352,194,034
Tomorrow Never Dies – $333,011,068 (down)
The World Is Not Enough – $361,832,400 (up

Then you get:

Die Another Day – $431,971,116

^Why did that one make a lot more money? A: It rhymes with "Halle Berry." But it's also the lowest-rated Brosnan-Bond film (GoldenEye is the highest).

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Unlike Cavill's MOS, the studio didn't feel the need to team Pierce up with Mr. Bean, Dr. Who or some other character.


Right, there was no need to bring in ANY DC characters together — after 38 freakin' years.

Never mind Black Widow showing up in the second MCU film. Or Nick Fury having a presence. Nah.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:52 pm

verslibre wrote:I beg to differ. Both Iron Man sequels sucked. Thor 2 sucked. Age of Ultron sucked. Ant-Man is ho-hum (nice VFX, but it's Iron Man again). Doctor Strange had so much potential but it turned out to be woefully average. Black Panther's third act was a predictable mess, and the rest of it has problems. Are we going to continue to pretend that box office gross defines good movies? I saw the new Jurassic movie. It's making bank. But it kind of sucks, except for the VFX. :wink:


Anybody lose their job over these alleged misfires? Meanwhile DC is playing musical chairs with leadership. They are close to posting a help wanted sign in the WB studio lot.

Call it "very next movie," then. How many examples of the first actor returning to a role are there?


Ever heard of Bourne Identity, slick?
Also, Lazenby declined multi picture deal to stay on.

They are? Can you link to an article that says "We're sweeping the DCEU under the rug and disregarding everything brought to the table by Zack Snyder? We're scrapping any/all DCEU connections within Aquaman, Shazam! and Wonder Woman 1984, down to recasting Arthur and Diana."


Why are you making up quotes? I can certainly point you to instances where DC execs/stars have owned up to flaws or distanced themselves from the Snyderverse. Not that it's needed. Every week there is another shake-up and someone gets unceremoniously demoted.


Nudity is exposure of any body part that usually remains covered (tits, ass, crotch), it doesn't mean you have to see every nook and cranny like in the movies promoted in the magazine published by the guy in your avatar.


If you can't see the naughty bits then its not nudity. Winslet's jugs in the pg-13 Titanic qualifies as nudity. Your nanosecond blink-and miss-it examples are just bullshit. The pause button on your dvd remote must be completely worn (not to mention sticky).

That's hilarious coming from a guy whose avatar is Al Goldstein. Mr. Skin is firmly ensconced in pop culture. The site's nearly 20 years old. The founder, Jim McBride, has been on countless radio shows, from Stern to Carolla, to talk about what is essentially the IMDb of cinematic nudity. That link was the first result in the search.


See my sentence above regarding dvd remote. Nothing further to say.

Yeah, you can't see anything in the minimized box under the search results. Watch it on a 20' screen the way movies were meant to be screened and get back to me.


You're talking a fraction of a second. They could project the film on the world's biggest planetarium. Still won't see shit.


The first three are pretty close, no huge margins.

GoldenEye – $352,194,034
Tomorrow Never Dies – $333,011,068 (down)
The World Is Not Enough – $361,832,400 (up

Then you get:

Die Another Day – $431,971,116

^Why did that one make a lot more money? A: It rhymes with "Halle Berry." But it's also the lowest-rated Brosnan-Bond film (GoldenEye is the highest).


Earlier you were saying box office doesn't matter. Now you're throwing numbers around as an indicator of quality/mass appeal. Dude, ur all over the place. Get your shit together before you waste my time.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13440
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Anybody lose their job over these alleged misfires? Meanwhile DC is playing musical chairs with leadership. They are close to posting a help wanted sign in the WB studio lot.


Who lost their jobs? That's conjectural hoo-hawing. Some people moved because they wanted to move (like Johns). Hence the vacancy filled by Hamada, where Tsujihara (now in a higher seat) was.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Ever heard of Bourne Identity, slick?


And now we're back to multi-year gaps. Renner's movie was five years after Ultimatum. It was an attempt to keep the franchise going. People want Damon in the role. Four years later, and a nice paycheck to reel him, he's back. Point made. Again.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Also, Lazenby declined multi picture deal to stay on.


Never heard that. I heard he was scapegoated.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:They are? Can you link to an article that says "We're sweeping the DCEU under the rug and disregarding everything brought to the table by Zack Snyder? We're scrapping any/all DCEU connections within Aquaman, Shazam! and Wonder Woman 1984, down to recasting Arthur and Diana."


Why are you making up quotes? I can certainly point you to instances where DC execs/stars have owned up to flaws or distanced themselves from the Snyderverse. Not that it's needed. Every week there is another shake-up and someone gets unceremoniously demoted.


Got a problem with hypotheticals? Tsujihara is still in a position of power. He can can something as quickly as Hamada can greenlight it. If you can link or paste an example of somebody saying Snyder's contributions are being retconned, please do so. Meanwhile, the other directors (Jenkins, Wan, Ayer) and the cast all have Zack's back. And Johns isn't saying shit. He even went and formed his own production venture. I wonder where he got that idea.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Nudity is exposure of any body part that usually remains covered (tits, ass, crotch), it doesn't mean you have to see every nook and cranny like in the movies promoted in the magazine published by the guy in your avatar.


If you can't see the naughty bits then its not nudity. Winslet's jugs in the pg-13 Titanic qualifies as nudity. Your nanosecond blink-and miss-it examples are just bullshit. The pause button on your dvd remote must be completely worn (not to mention sticky).


Sticky like all your back issues of Screw? :lol: Those aren't blink-and-miss-it examples, dude. Go watch the scenes in question again and get back to me. They're probably on that Spankbank site you haunt. And if you think a five-second-long shot of bare tits doesn't qualify as nudity, the entire industry is poised to correct you. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:See my sentence above regarding dvd remote. Nothing further to say.


Translation: "I don't wanna talk about Al and anything he was a part of on the grounds that it may incriminate me." :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:You're talking a fraction of a second. They could project the film on the world's biggest planetarium. Still won't see shit.


Bare is bare, Brer Bear. Just grin and bear it.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Earlier you were saying box office doesn't matter. Now you're throwing numbers around as an indicator of quality/mass appeal. Dude, ur all over the place. Get your shit together before you waste my time.


Hypocrite much? You're the one who just said each movie outgrossed the previous one. So there are your figures. Now you have a problem with box office totals, or they only matter when they serve your non-argument?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5914
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:39 pm

verslibre wrote:Who lost their jobs? That's conjectural hoo-hawing. Some people moved because they wanted to move (like Johns). Hence the vacancy filled by Hamada, where Tsujihara (now in a higher seat) was.


Oh sure. And Snyder voluntarily stepped away to spend time with his family. :wink:

verslibre wrote:And now we're back to multi-year gaps. Renner's movie was five years after Ultimatum.


Production schedules are longer for major franchise pictures. What part of that don't you understand? The days of 1-2 year gaps between films is done.

verslibre wrote:Never heard that. I heard he was scapegoated.


As already established, ur poorly informed on a range of issues, not just Bond.

verslibre wrote:Got a problem with hypotheticals? Tsujihara is still in a position of power. He can can something as quickly as Hamada can greenlight it. If you can link or paste an example of somebody saying Snyder's contributions are being retconned, please do so. Meanwhile, the other directors (Jenkins, Wan, Ayer) and the cast all have Zack's back. And Johns isn't saying shit. He even went and formed his own production venture. I wonder where he got that idea.


Please. When Johns took over he said he was going to focus on optimism and fun. Total reversal of the Snyder vision. Cavill acknowledged that there were "lessons learned" from the critical ass-beating of Justice League. Multiple sources said that the Snyders' creative input (including his producer wife) is effectively sidelined. It goes on and on.

verslibre wrote:Sticky like all your back issues of Screw? :lol: Those aren't blink-and-miss-it examples, dude. Go watch the scenes in question again and get back to me. They're probably on that Spankbank site you haunt. And if you think a five-second-long shot of bare tits doesn't qualify as nudity, the entire industry is poised to correct you. :lol:


Here's the link to the actual scene again. Posters can view the scene (at 1:20 mins)and decide for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztXmwXBlF-E

verslibre wrote:Hypocrite much? You're the one who just said each movie outgrossed the previous one. So there are your figures. Now you have a problem with box office totals, or they only matter when they serve your non-argument?


With the exception of TND, each Pierce film out grossed the previous. The point is, Craig didn't save the franchise. The franchise didn't require saving. If anything, Craig's tenure has hurt the series and given it a major identity crisis.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13440
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

PreviousNext

Return to Earmuffs For The Blind

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests