DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:40 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Who lost their jobs? That's conjectural hoo-hawing. Some people moved because they wanted to move (like Johns). Hence the vacancy filled by Hamada, where Tsujihara (now in a higher seat) was.


Oh sure. And Snyder voluntarily stepped away to spend time with his family. :wink:


Show me the official WB statement that goes "Snyder fired from Justice League; replacement is Avengers director Whedon."

There isn't one. They pulled the lever on a lot of smoke and mirrors. Somebody (I know who) convinced somebody that a massive tonal shift was necessary for the film to be successful. It bombed and WB's been trying to sweep all the rhetoric under the proverbial rug since. Whedon's input did nothing except drag down a framework that had been carefully put into place. Even you said Snyder should have been allowed to finish Justice League. What WB did was despicable. No studio should take advantage of tragedy and proceed to spin a web of lies that will unravel sooner (as it did) than later. If you don't get that, take off the blinders. They're going back to the director-driven model because that's what works.

Btw, the new official Robin pic from DC's Titans screams "DCEU":

Image

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Production schedules are longer for major franchise pictures. What part of that don't you understand? The days of 1-2 year gaps between films is done.


Gee freakin' whiz. If you think The Bourne Legacy was "in production" for five whole years, and Jason Bourne was "in production" for four whole years, then John Holmes is alive and blogging about the early days of porn from his home in Encino. You know who John Holmes is, I'm sure. :lol: :lol:

verslibre wrote:As already established, ur poorly informed on a range of issues, not just Bond.


Do not move goalposts. Do not oversimplify. Pejoratives have no purpose here. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Got a problem with hypotheticals? Tsujihara is still in a position of power. He can can something as quickly as Hamada can greenlight it. If you can link or paste an example of somebody saying Snyder's contributions are being retconned, please do so. Meanwhile, the other directors (Jenkins, Wan, Ayer) and the cast all have Zack's back. And Johns isn't saying shit. He even went and formed his own production venture. I wonder where he got that idea.


Please. When Johns took over he said he was going to focus on optimism and fun. Total reversal of the Snyder vision. Cavill acknowledged that there were "lessons learned" from the critical ass-beating of Justice League. Multiple sources said that the Snyders' creative input (including his producer wife) is effectively sidelined. It goes on and on.


JL's "critical ass-beating" was deserved. It's a Frankenstein. No other two-film sequence short of Batman Forever-Batman and Robin can boast the Dark Knight's meteoric fall from badass to punchline. Joss' new material sucked and, putting it nicely, his reshoots were mystifying. All the changes WB enacted drove the budget so high there was no chance of breaking even.

Johns had major issues with Zack's early cut of JL. Johns started saying crap because he knew he could get away with it. Now he's out of there and has no say. He's gone back to writing. He's a good writer — showrunner, not so much. He was never one officially for long.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Here's the link to the actual scene again. Posters can view the scene (at 1:20 mins)and decide for themselves.


Why are you sticking only to the same scene? Reluctant to check out some of the examples I cited? Allow me.

That scene from Beastmaster. At least 10 seconds' worth of Tanya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKlq3WFAoak

Here's Susan Dey's nude outing from Looker. Today there's no way this movie would get a PG rating with this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnR6WONIfg0

The_Noble_Cause wrote:With the exception of TND, each Pierce film out grossed the previous. The point is, Craig didn't save the franchise. The franchise didn't require saving. If anything, Craig's tenure has hurt the series and given it a major identity crisis.


That's a whole other topic.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:14 am

verslibre wrote:Show me the official WB statement that goes "Snyder fired from Justice League; replacement is Avengers director Whedon."


Since when do PR flacks admit the ugly truth?
Did Journey release an official statement confirming the use of tapes?
Snyder's sacking has been confirmed by various sources.
Like I said, you are naive.

verslibre wrote:Gee freakin' whiz. If you think The Bourne Legacy was "in production" for five whole years,...


Script development for Bourne Legacy was announced in 2008. It then came out in 2012. So yea, pretty much.

https://variety.com/2008/film/features/ ... 117994152/

and Jason Bourne was "in production" for four whole years, then John Holmes is alive and blogging about the early days of porn from his home in Encino. You know who John Holmes is, I'm sure. :lol: :lol:


I still don't know what point your making. Bond films (and films in general) used to be churned out at a much faster clip. What of it?

Why are you sticking only to the same scene? Reluctant to check out some of the examples I cited? Allow me.

That scene from Beastmaster. At least 10 seconds' worth of Tanya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKlq3WFAoak

Here's Susan Dey's nude outing from Looker. Today there's no way this movie would get a PG rating with this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnR6WONIfg0


What does any of this prove? Bond films don't contain gratuitous nudity. And PG movies are not porn films. What's your point? The Looker clip is beyond tame and not even sexual. You are grasping at straws here. To what end? I have no fucking clue.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:56 am

verslibre wrote:Image



He has a "in name only" producing credit on Aqua, WW2 also. Pretty standard in the industry.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:45 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Show me the official WB statement that goes "Snyder fired from Justice League; replacement is Avengers director Whedon."


Since when do PR flacks admit the ugly truth?


Disney had no problem letting us know Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were dismissed from Solo early on.

"[Ron Howard] replaces directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who were let go by LucasFilm earlier this week."

https://www.esquire.com/author/13132/emma-dibdin/

As I said, WB's smoke-and-mirrors tactic was a preemptive and ultimately futile action to avoid hate for wrangling a film away from a director who suffered great personal tragedy, an event they proceeded to exploit, anyway. It cannot be plainer than that. That's why Hamada is steering the ship back to director-driven films. The studio may not sustain another backlash of that magnitude.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Did Journey release an official statement confirming the use of tapes?


Not a relevant comparison. No band has ever come right out and announced "Hey, people! We're using backing tapes!" We fihd out the hard way, and in many cases (like Geddy Lee's multi-tracked vocals) we accept them and move on. Bands also avoid mention of offstage performers, like Michael Schenker's stunt guitarist (who a drunken Graham Bonnet famously ratted out in mid-concert), or Alan "Fitz" Fitzgerald playing live keys for Van Halen. Let's stick to movies.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Like I said, you are naive.


Your problem is you're so bent on "winning" the discussion that the goalpost moving and left-field analogies get out of hand.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Gee freakin' whiz. If you think The Bourne Legacy was "in production" for five whole years,...


Script development for Bourne Legacy was announced in 2008. It then came out in 2012. So yea, pretty much.


As announced last year, the next Superman solo film was upgraded to "active development." Right now, The Batman is transitioning from preproduction to production. That means before a film is in preproduction, it's in development. Thor: Ragnarok sat "in development" for some time before Marvel finally pushed it up prepro because TDW didn't perform to expectations. (You can even see Hemsworth dodge a question about "the third Thor movie" in a San Diego Con Hall H Ultron panel. He had nothing to say because there was literally nothing to say at the time.) The word is right there in your sentence: "script development." Just a fancy way of saying guys are sitting around a table, kicking ideas around. Production doesn't define the interim between release dates for films.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I still don't know what point your making. Bond films (and films in general) used to be churned out at a much faster clip. What of it?


Yeah, back then they did, and they brought back the original actor at lightspeed. What part of that don't you get?

The_Noble_Cause wrote:What does any of this prove?


That you assumed there weren't any? You're the one who said "Yea? Like?" Examples were provided.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Bond films don't contain gratuitous nudity.


By now we've established your perception of nudity worth a mention to be ScarJo standing starkers against a dark background in Under The Skin.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:And PG movies are not porn films. What's your point?


Are we talking about porn films? This is not the Spankshop.tv thread. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:The Looker clip is beyond tame and not even sexual.


By today's standards, sure. But it's a PG-rated film with a scene of a nude actress (no body double, either). Which wouldn't fly today. We got away with more in the 70s-80s. Just because you don't see her pubes (your standard for "nudity," apparently) doesn't mean otherwise.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:You are grasping at straws here. To what end? I have no fucking clue.


I'm grasping? No, you're trolling. Your nonsense well's run dry. Time to pump it. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Here it is, all the bullshit laid out in a steaming coil just the way R. Crumb would have drawn it in one of his panels.

Image

Look at all the bs:

*The Snyders didn't want the release date pushed back (no confirmation of this from Zack or Deb);

*The directing is minimal (a lie);

*...(meet) the style and tone and the template that Zack set (a huge lie);

*[Zack]'s passing the baton to Joss... (a HUGE fucking lie);

*I still believe that despite this tragedy, we'll still end up with a great movie." (Totally bogus exec-spun bs, it was all about their year-end bonuses)
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:59 pm

The cherry.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/11/warner-bros-execs-refused-to-delay-justice-league-release-date-for-fear-of-losing-bonuses-report/

In December 2016, Silverman stepped down as president and was succeeded by Toby Emmerich. This was just two months after WB announced plans to merge with AT&T. If Emmerich’s first act as president of a major movie studio was to push the impending release date of a tentpole feature, it would have projected weakness that may have hurt the company’s value to AT&T.

At the same time, Snyder was struggling to reconcile his vision with the studio’s (and Whedon’s) when his daughter tragically died. The emotional wreckage made a hard work situation untenable, and Snyder left the film. At this point, with a mish-mash of behind the scenes ideas and just months until the planned Justice League release date, many executives thought postponing the film was the right move. However, Emmerich and Tsujihara apparently “wanted to preserve their bonuses they would be paid before the merger.” The fear was that if Justice League came out in 2018, the AT&T/WB merger may have forced Emmerich and Tsujihara out of the studio by the end of the year, meaning they wouldn’t get bonuses.

“I think Warner Bros. biggest misstep was not pushing the release of Justice League when Snyder had to step aside,” an executive told TheWrap. Another insider noted that executives could be awarded bonuses “for making good decisions,” and if pushing JL ended up proving the right move, Emerich and Tsujihara’s extra cash could have been safe (merger depending).
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:09 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:He has a "in name only" producing credit on Aqua, WW2 also. Pretty standard in the industry.


"I never asked him, but first Jim Lee said Snyder [had] never been fired, second He and Debbie still be the main production team members of the WW84, and his main address of the office still in WB studio. ( may change to the nearby location later ) [IMO, He's...still in DCEU to me.]"


https://twitter.com/fukujang0627/status/1012459603596996608

FWIW, Fiona's in touch with Zack. She just doesn't come right out and say it. (They interact on Vero a lot.)
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:17 pm

I'm subscribing to DCU as soon as the freakin' channel launches!!!

Before we get into the individual character breakdowns for the first episode, I think it’s important to discuss the tone of the show. TITANS is very much not a series for children. There are multiple f-bombs and s-bombs, among other swear-words that make it seem like they’re going for an R-rating. Moreover, the action is brutal, with bone snaps, people being shot, burned, and mangled. It’s a departure from the more joyful tone that many associates with the group, but it’s a departure that I feel is for the best. It’s refreshing to see a DC show that’s no-holds-barred instead of shying away from the more mature aspects of the mythology. It’s not as adult as something like JESSICA JONES, but it’s far darker than anything DC has put out on the small screen thus far. What separates TITANS from some of Marvel’s darker shows is the fact that it doesn’t ever really aim to be realistic. TITANS doesn’t shy away from the big, fantastical spectacle, and instead embraces the comic roots of the characters. We can have a realistic Robin fight scene, but we can also have Starfire blasting away goons with a burst of fire. It’s a mixture of realism and fantasy that I think works great.


http://splashreport.com/exclusive-titans-story-details-are-here/
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 pm

WB pushed Whedon on Snyder. I believe Zack would have collaborated in a timely manner if tragedy wouldn't have struck but the studio was pushy enough at a time where Zack was at his weakness and Zack basically made the conscience effort to step aside and wipe his hands. If it wasn't going to be his vision, then fuck it and that's what he chose.

Around the time he stepped aside, Zack posted a picture on Vero of Rorschach (Watchmen) that read: "Never compromise. Even in the face of Armageddon." Zack basically didn't want to cunt-up his JL like Whedon ended up doing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fukujang0627 ... 84?lang=en
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:12 pm

verslibre wrote:Disney had no problem letting us know Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were dismissed from Solo early on.

"[Ron Howard] replaces directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who were let go by LucasFilm earlier this week."

https://www.esquire.com/author/13132/emma-dibdin/

As I said, WB's smoke-and-mirrors tactic was a preemptive and ultimately futile action to avoid hate for wrangling a film away from a director who suffered great personal tragedy, an event they proceeded to exploit, anyway. It cannot be plainer than that. That's why Hamada is steering the ship back to director-driven films. The studio may not sustain another backlash of that magnitude.


So Snyder wasnt fired, he just had his film "wrangled from him." Okay then. :roll:


Not a relevant comparison. No band has ever come right out and announced "Hey, people! We're using backing tapes!" We fihd out the hard way, and in many cases (like Geddy Lee's multi-tracked vocals) we accept them and move on. Bands also avoid mention of offstage performers, like Michael Schenker's stunt guitarist (who a drunken Graham Bonnet famously ratted out in mid-concert), or Alan "Fitz" Fitzgerald playing live keys for Van Halen. Let's stick to movies.


Music or movies, PR people engage in damage control all the time. What happened to Snyder is not that unusual.


Your problem is you're so bent on "winning" the discussion that the goalpost moving and left-field analogies get out of hand.


Win what? I don't even know what you are talking about anymore. Something about Connery coming back is proof of Man of Steel 2 happening or err, uh, something


As announced last year, the next Superman solo film was upgraded to "active development." Right now, The Batman is transitioning from preproduction to production. That means before a film is in preproduction, it's in development. Thor: Ragnarok sat "in development" for some time before Marvel finally pushed it up prepro because TDW didn't perform to expectations. (You can even see Hemsworth dodge a question about "the third Thor movie" in a San Diego Con Hall H Ultron panel. He had nothing to say because there was literally nothing to say at the time.) The word is right there in your sentence: "script development." Just a fancy way of saying guys are sitting around a table, kicking ideas around. Production doesn't define the interim between release dates for films.


If you are defining production by when the director literally yells "action!" and slaps the clapboard, then, yea, I guess you have a point. No idea what that point is or what it has to do with anything I'm talking about.


Yeah, back then they did, and they brought back the original actor at lightspeed. What part of that don't you get?


All of it.

As for the rest of your post... I don't give a shit. You said Connery's return included nudity. You then reference a fraction of a second clip where u can't even see side boob. This conversation should have ended right there and then. Stop wasting my time and go clean your room.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:08 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:If you are defining production by when the director literally yells "action!" and slaps the clapboard, then, yea, I guess you have a point.


Nope, that's principal photography. The film's already "in production" before they get to that.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:What part of that don't you get?


All of it.


It took you long enough to admit it. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:As for the rest of your post... I don't give a shit.


It's a little late for that, buddy! :lol: :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:36 pm

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:57 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Disney had no problem letting us know Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were dismissed from Solo early on.

"[Ron Howard] replaces directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who were let go by LucasFilm earlier this week."

https://www.esquire.com/author/13132/emma-dibdin/

As I said, WB's smoke-and-mirrors tactic was a preemptive and ultimately futile action to avoid hate for wrangling a film away from a director who suffered great personal tragedy, an event they proceeded to exploit, anyway. It cannot be plainer than that. That's why Hamada is steering the ship back to director-driven films. The studio may not sustain another backlash of that magnitude.


So Snyder wasnt fired, he just had his film "wrangled from him." Okay then. :roll:


https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/13/17007 ... ague-fired
Kinda sounds like he was fired to me. It was 1st reported that he was fired in Jan. Or Feb. And his daughter died in March.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7852
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Let's see...

Do I believe "Josh Dickey," or do I believe Jim Lee?

I think I'll stick with Lee. :)
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:By and large, those Marvel films have been forgettable fires.


Fixed.

I don't have to prove anything. DC Execs are running around openly apologizing for the Snyder films. They are making the case for me.


The studio started to panic on their own authority since BvS's trailers. They were the ones that wanted to separate themselves from other brands and be the grittier; darker and grounded universe with their superhero IP's. Snyder gave them what they wanted while they were still gung-ho off Nolan's TDKTrilogy. All WB did was cater to this new age Rotten Tomatoes world where no-name bloggers have a shift and say in how these films are largely portrayed. The studio even rushed wannabe's to the set of Justice League to kiss their ass about how "fun" things were going to be. They gave in and the result was the mindbogglingly and incredibly stupid Justice League reshoots by a Marvel reject who can't frame a shot for the life of him. JL was truly a hack reshot by a true hack. DC is going to the more classic/standalone philosophy with their classic hero's and their films are going to be an arrange of tones in the genre but I would think that Matt Reeves' The Batman is going to be a BADASS addition to the Bat Universe. You won't see the "course correction" bullshit to what Joss did to Batfleck. That shit was an ABOMINATION.


Unlike Cavill's MOS, the studio didn't feel the need to team Pierce up with Mr. Bean, Dr. Who or some other character.


LOL. All the studio did was kickoff their shared universe, something that was in full force as a concept and something the director of these films and the agents of the studio had to answer to non-stop since 2011 when MoS went into production. It was becoming the norm and the pressure was "Why isn't DC teaming these iconic hero's up?" It's not hard. And here we are, 5 years later with Cavill STILL the mainstream cinematic Superman gearing up for a longterm contract with the studio to head into the new phase with Gal and Jason.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:DC is going to the more classic/standalone philosophy with their classic hero's and their films are going to be an arrange of tones in the genre but I would think that Matt Reeves' The Batman is going to be a BADASS addition to the Bat Universe. You won't see the "course correction" bullshit to what Joss did to Batfleck. That shit was an ABOMINATION.


We are pretty much back to square one. The DC Universe will rebuild around Batman. Man Of Steel was just an unnecessary detour in bullshit. They should have just picked up after Dark Knight Rises with another Bat flick.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:LOL. All the studio did was kickoff their shared universe, something that was in full force as a concept and something the director of these films and the agents of the studio had to answer to non-stop since 2011 when MoS went into production. It was becoming the norm and the pressure was "Why isn't DC teaming these iconic hero's up?" It's not hard.


If the shared universe was in "full-force" where is it in MOS? All references to the universe were in brief Easter eggs.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:32 am

RedWingFan wrote:Kinda sounds like he was fired to me. It was 1st reported that he was fired in Jan. Or Feb. And his daughter died in March.


He got shit-canned. It was soo obvious. Despite nominal producer credits, Snyder and his wife no longer have any creative involvement in the DC universe.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:46 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Kinda sounds like he was fired to me. It was 1st reported that he was fired in Jan. Or Feb. And his daughter died in March.


He got shit-canned. It was soo obvious. Despite nominal producer credits, Snyder and his wife no longer have any creative involvement in the DC universe.


Here we go again. Prove it. Why are their names anywhere near Aquaman, WW84 and The Flash? They don't have to be. It's not done as a courtesy. James Wan said he had discussions with Zack about Aquaman. Quit while you're ahead, dude. Zack's exec producer on Aquaman and the last movie he had the exec credit on was Suicide Squad, for which he directed Flash's cameo.
Last edited by verslibre on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote: We are pretty much back to square one.


Everything eventually comes back around full circle with loose ends to a universe but there's no square one. Directors with a vision will have their retcons and say. Even though the Snyderverse didn't end well, the studio still can hang their hat on franchise's and actors that came from those films such as Henry's Superman, Gal's Wonder Woman and Jason's Aquaman. Even SSQuad hit on the most important character, Harley Quinn. They are moving forward and garnering up the right talent to tell these stories.

The DC Universe will rebuild around Batman.


The DCEU Universe will be Trinity heavy. It will rebuild around Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman while the DC Dark label will bring in the Elseworld; darker versions of these characters.

Man Of Steel was just an unnecessary detour in bullshit.


Nah.

They should have just picked up after Dark Knight Rises with another Bat flick.


Hard to do that when Christopher Nolan wanted nothing to do with an open world concept and wanted his trilogy to act as bookends to his story. This would have been badass and THEE way to go, but it just wasn't in the cards. This is something the MCU didn't have to deal with. It's one of the reasons why in hindsight that they should have saved Batman for later films and did a true Man of Steel sequel first, which is what everyone wanted but once BvS was announced, it was still huge and a concept many wanted to see. It just mis-fired. Bringing in Batman was tricky since it was only a few years prior where a beloved franchise was still riding high off of a highly regarded actor with Bale. It's hard to do but Superman and Batman are pillars in a shared universe. They needed a new Batman for things to work regardless of where things fell in the timeline.

If the shared universe was in "full-force" where is it in MOS? All references to the universe were in brief Easter eggs.


You answered your own question.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:51 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:The DC Universe will rebuild around Batman. Man Of Steel was just an unnecessary detour in bullshit.


Wonder Woman 1984
is filming. Are you getting daily visits from your buddy Al Zheimer? Oh, yeah, Aquaman's trailer is going to debut in three weeks.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:You answered your own question.


:lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:00 am

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Kinda sounds like he was fired to me. It was 1st reported that he was fired in Jan. Or Feb. And his daughter died in March.


He got shit-canned. It was soo obvious. Despite nominal producer credits, Snyder and his wife no longer have any creative involvement in the DC universe.


Here we go again. Prove it. Why are their names anywhere near Aquaman, WW84 and The Flash? They don't have to be. It's not done as a courtesy. James Wan said he had discussions with Zack about Aquaman. Quit while you're ahead, dude. Zack's exec producer on Aquaman and the last movie he had the exec credit on was Suicide Squad, for which he directed Flash's cameo.


In every interview, Jason Momoa continues to say "Whatever you see in this film, is all owed to Zack Snyder. The things that were cut in Justice League we saved for my film but credit goes to Zack for his collaboration with James." And the same can be said with Jenkins' Wonder Woman. Zack had a huge hand in orchestrating 'Wonder Woman' and coming up with a lot of beats to that story. WW was Patty's in the end and she made a few minor changes, but Zack is going to be an executive producer on WW84 and he posted such on Vero. He's still involved.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:01 am

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:The DC Universe will rebuild around Batman. Man Of Steel was just an unnecessary detour in bullshit.


Wonder Woman 1984
is filming. Are you getting daily visits from your buddy Al Zheimer? Oh, yeah, Aquaman's trailer is going to debut in three weeks.


Image
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:17 am

verslibre wrote:Here we go again. Prove it. Why are their names anywhere near Aquaman, WW84 and The Flash? They don't have to be. It's not done as a courtesy.


This is standard Hollywood procedure. It's just a contractual thing. I really have to assume you are extremely young or naive. Do you also think Romero really produced the remake of The Crazies? Or Carpenter produced the remake of The Thing? More to the point, do you think Nolan had any involvement with BvsS or JL?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:In every interview, Jason Momoa continues to say "Whatever you see in this film, is all owed to Zack Snyder. The things that were cut in Justice League we saved for my film but credit goes to Zack for his collaboration with James." And the same can be said with Jenkins' Wonder Woman. Zack had a huge hand in orchestrating 'Wonder Woman' and coming up with a lot of beats to that story. WW was Patty's in the end and she made a few minor changes, but Zack is going to be an executive producer on WW84 and he posted such on Vero. He's still involved.


Neal mentions Perry alot too. He hasn't been involved with the band in a century.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:28 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Everything eventually comes back around full circle with loose ends to a universe but there's no square one. Directors with a vision will have their retcons and say. Even though the Snyderverse didn't end well, the studio still can hang their hat on franchise's and actors that came from those films such as Henry's Superman, Gal's Wonder Woman and Jason's Aquaman. Even SSQuad hit on the most important character, Harley Quinn. They are moving forward and garnering up the right talent to tell these stories.


As soon as Reeves has Batman up and running, that will become the main cash cow. Many characters will be ignored completely. In other words, don't hold your breath for a Cyborg movie anytime soon.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:The DCEU Universe will be Trinity heavy. It will rebuild around Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman while the DC Dark label will bring in the Elseworld; darker versions of these characters.


You have no idea. If you had your finger on the pulse of the DCEU you would have been calling many of the firings/demotions before they happened. You are just a constant cheerleader in the face of impending doom.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Hard to do that when Christopher Nolan wanted nothing to do with an open world concept and wanted his trilogy to act as bookends to his story. This would have been badass and THEE way to go, but it just wasn't in the cards.


Nonsense. That's like saying Tim Burton owned the character. WB should have just made another Bat flick and kept the dark tone. Gradually, expand the universe from there.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:You answered your own question.


Easter eggs don't introduce anything. In many cases. they are hidden for only the most die-hard fans. So, no, that's not how you go about building a cinematic universe with mass appeal. Sorry.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 am

Had a reply for you TNC but the fuckface MR site logged me out and I lost my writeup so fuck all of it.

Image

Maybe I'll rewrite it later.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Had a reply for you TNC but the fuckface MR site logged me out and I lost my writeup so fuck all of it.

Image

Maybe I'll rewrite it later.



It's ok. Everything you typed was wrong and extremely biased anyway.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14570
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:05 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:It's ok. Everything you typed was wrong and extremely biased anyway.


I'll let you post your own "look who's talking" meme.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests