DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:57 am

verslibre wrote:Hot damn!

Image

Is that Rocky's robot from Rocky III?
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:11 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:Hot damn!

Image

Is that Rocky's robot from Rocky IV?


Fixed.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:53 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Is that Rocky's robot from Rocky IV?


Fixed.


Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:05 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Remember when Monker said Aquaman wouldn't even finish filming.


I doubt I ever said that. Quote it.


"Quote me or I never said or insinuated it" is the new standard, I see. :lol:


No, its not new from me - at all. I have NEVER made it a big talking point to argue against the release of Aquaman. In fact the only comment I have made was back in 3/17 saying "if it starts filming, doesn't mean it will finish." And, that was in the context of arguing if the entire DCEU was falling apart, prior to the release of WW...ie: a catastrophic event.

Monker wrote:After SS, I may have said that it may never be released.


Quote yourself. Did you really say that?


See above. You are confusing my points with TNC's, probably. After WW, I have NOT argued that such and such was not going to be made, or Aquaman would not finish filming. You are posting a lie.

If you did, that was a mighty presumptuous thing to say.


Irrelevent. All types of presumptious things are posting in these threads.

That movie had nothing to do with Aquaman. It's a Batverse movie (and one Flash villain).


It is a WB CBM set in the DCEU. Funny how you believe Batman is not part of the DCEU and is its own thing.

Monker wrote:Now you have a bunch of stand alone movies.


And?


...they don't want to be connected to Snyder's litter box full of turds.

Monker wrote:You are WAY over estimating the draw of Harley Quinn.


Wrong. She's the main draw of Suicide Squad, a $748 million grossing film, however which way you cut it.


Irrelevent. Batman, Superman, and Wonderman - combined - were not a big enough draw to save Superfriends. Just because Harley Quinn is in a movie does not mean it will be a hit, or that it will be worth seeing...ie: it means very little to nothing.

What Marvel is overestimating is the draw of a Black Widow solo movie. Five years too late for that.


I never cared for a Black Widow solo movie anyway.

They just want to ride Wonder Woman's wave.


I doubt that. It's more likely they will use it to introduce more characters...and many fans demanded it. And, at this point, Marvel can afford a few movies that are not going to gross that much...as long as they are not "bad" movies.

What a strange thing to say, considering Fox was never a threat.


Maybe I should have said "competition", rather than threat.

Also, have a gander at how underwhelming the box office performance of X-Men: Apocalypse was. It made over 200 million less than Days of Future Past. One of the reasons that BS guy didn't get to do Dark Phoenix, among...other things. :wink:

(And First Class, a movie I like a lot, fell short, too.)


And, all of those films are about as competitive to Marvel as Superfriends was. Marvel grossed over $3billion this year. So, much that they could afford a throw away film like "Ant Man and the Wasp." The average gross over the entire set of films (around 20) is around $800million. That includes things like Hulk.

Compared to that, WB/DC is in a much lower class. Not even close to competing with Marvel.

Monker wrote:There has to be an entire reimagining of the DCEU and how to get there...because Snyder failed. If you don't believe that, that's fine...keep playing in Snyder's DC sand box, which has turned into a litter box with a few turds in it.


Sure, sure. Whatever makes you feel better. Let's see if your remarks still apply in a world with Aquaman, Wonder Woman '84 and The Batman. :lol:


I'll give Aquaman about a 50/50 chance of being good. It's post Snyder, but they want to credit Snyder. It LOOKS good and epic and all that...but it is still "Aquaman" and it looks to be set in Bikini Bottom in some of the promos. So, hard to REALLY tell.

"Wonder Woman 84" is going to be way over-hyped. There is a good chance it won't meet expectations. So, 50/50 chance. Can't really tell.

"The Batman" is VERY iffy. I doubt Afleck will even be a part of it. And, if he goes, why not recast Superman as well...just start completely over with those two. I'll say only a 25% chance of this being worth seeing.

And, you didn't even mention Shazzam..."Superman meets Tom Hank's 'Big'." Yeah, that sounds really dark and serious. So does "Leathal Weapon in Space".

I doubt any of these will connect in any meaningful way to Snyder's litterbox. WB/DC is wisely throwing out the litterbox and the cat along with it.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9925
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:17 am

Wow! Jon Schnepp just passed away! Oh, no. My heart is heavy. RIP, friend :cry: He was overly stoked for Comic Con before he had a massive stroke. Life is too short, ladies and gentlemen.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:55 am

Way too young. Sad. :cry:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:33 am

Monker wrote:I have NEVER made it a big talking point to argue against the release of Aquaman. In fact the only comment I have made was back in 3/17 saying "if it starts filming, doesn't mean it will finish."


Still a silly thing to say. WB handed James Wan the keys. Go look at Wan's filmography. The dude's not small potatoes.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Quote yourself. Did you really say that?


See above. You are confusing my points with TNC's, probably. After WW, I have NOT argued that such and such was not going to be made, or Aquaman would not finish filming. You are posting a lie.


You have reading comprehension issues. I asked you if you really said that. You're the one doing a "No, but maybe I did say..." routine. I think you're really doing a backpedal. You're used to it.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:If you did, that was a mighty presumptuous thing to say.


Irrelevent. All types of presumptious things are posting in these threads.


Not irrelevant. What there is in these threads is a ton of conjecture. Guess who it's coming from? Not Trav and me. Tell me, is it easier to do a backpedal on a unicycle or a regular bike?

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:That movie had nothing to do with Aquaman. It's a Batverse movie (and one Flash villain).


It is a WB CBM set in the DCEU. Funny how you believe Batman is not part of the DCEU and is its own thing.


I never said that. You distorted my statement because you have nothing else to go on. "Batverse" is a term used to refer to Batman and his rogues and associated characters, aka the "Bat Family." It's been a thing for decades. My referring to the Batverse could not be interpreted as "not DCEU" by anyone — except you. And the reason you do is because you're making a career out of backpedaling. :lol:

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:And?


...they don't want to be connected to Snyder's litter box full of turds.


Wrong. Yet again, you are wrong. Read back through this thread. Zack's got a co-write on Wonder Woman. James Wan talked with Zack at length about particulars concerning Aquaman. Zack's still got an office on WB's lot. As much as you guys have a such a Zack-hate hard-on, he's not been fired, unlike your buddy James Gunn who just got drop-kicked like an unwanted cur.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Wrong. She's the main draw of Suicide Squad, a $748 million grossing film, however which way you cut it.


Irrelevant. Batman, Superman, and Wonderman - combined - were not a big enough draw to save Superfriends. Just because Harley Quinn is in a movie does not mean it will be a hit, or that it will be worth seeing...ie: it means very little to nothing.


No, not irrelevant. That movie defied a critical lashing to make that money. People kept going to see it. And yes, Harley's a big part of the equation. How do you breathe with your head engulfed in sand?

Monker wrote:I never cared for a Black Widow solo movie anyway.


Irrelevant. :lol:

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:They just want to ride Wonder Woman's wave.


I doubt that. It's more likely they will use it to introduce more characters...and many fans demanded it. And, at this point, Marvel can afford a few movies that are not going to gross that much...as long as they are not "bad" movies.


I'm going to do a "Monker" and say I'll be surprised if that movie gets made. :lol:

Monker wrote:And, all of those films are about as competitive to Marvel as Superfriends was. Marvel grossed over $3billion this year. So, much that they could afford a throw away film like "Ant Man and the Wasp." The average gross over the entire set of films (around 20) is around $800million. That includes things like Hulk.

Compared to that, WB/DC is in a much lower class. Not even close to competing with Marvel.


Blah, blah, blah...you're turning it into a quantity over quality thing. Which is exactly what the MCU has become.

Monker wrote:I'll give Aquaman about a 50/50 chance of being good. It's post Snyder, but they want to credit Snyder. It LOOKS good and epic and all that...but it is still "Aquaman" and it looks to be set in Bikini Bottom in some of the promos. So, hard to REALLY tell.


The sets and CGI look great. No surprise the MCU stans are already readying their volleys. As soon as the trailer drops, rows of shills will click away.

Monker wrote:"Wonder Woman 84" is going to be way over-hyped. There is a good chance it won't meet expectations. So, 50/50 chance. Can't really tell.


Too funny. :lol:

Monker wrote:And, you didn't even mention Shazzam..."Superman meets Tom Hank's 'Big'." Yeah, that sounds really dark and serious.


It's not supposed to be, doofus. :lol:

Monker wrote:I doubt any of these will connect in any meaningful way to Snyder's litterbox. WB/DC is wisely throwing out the litterbox and the cat along with it.


You must be shooting blanks at this rate. Not chafing from that Zack-hate boner rubbing against your Speedos? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:44 am

WB's Hall H presentation has commenced. Aisha Tyler has returned to moderate. The proceedings opened with a sizzle reel. Wonder Woman footage got the loudest response (no surprise). But they're saving DC for later. First up is the next Fantastic Beasts movie.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 am

Sorry to disappoint the haters, but the Shazam! trailer rocks! :D
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:57 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:12 am

We just hit the new goddamn DC ground runnin'! James f#@cking Wan, peeps. What a beauty. Shocked at how great these films look. There's still a ton of time to tighten the FX up, too. Looks like DC is back to focusing on the adventure while still creating a unique pallet. Beautiful! They finally got the memo: bring in good talent and make...it..good. 8)
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:We just hit the new goddamn DC ground runnin'! James f#@cking Wan, peeps. What a beauty. Shocked at how great these films look. There's still a ton of time to tighten the FX up, too. Looks like DC is back to focusing on the adventure while still creating a unique pallet. Beautiful! They finally got the memo: bring in good talent and make...it..good. 8)

So now you don't prefer they old D.C. "dark, serious" movie tone? You're okay with the Marvel Style, lighter comedic tone of Aquaman, and the all out comedy of Shazaam???
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:00 am

I said none of that :lol: I still prefer Snyder's edge and grit and I believe we will continue to get that from DC. If you get talent like Phenoix onboard for a Joker flick in the frame of "The Killing Joke", it's going to be wild and dark. DC/WB is going to be more versatile and not so one-trick like most MCU forced films. I said it once and I'll say it again, humor is great. It should be there in spurts. As long as it's not every other line to fool the audience into thinking it's a straight comedy, it's good. It's Jason Momoa. It's James Wan. There will be added elements of horror and grit. Just because it's lighter and visually adventurous doesn't mean it's like Marvel. I got multiple other franchise vibes in comparison, like Lord of the Rings. As for Shazam, it's built into that character. You don't do a Shazam! film without humor. It's impossible and wouldn't work. Making it work is key. As long as there's stakes involved, I don't mind. Unfortunately, the majority of what the MCU puts out are low stakes because 95% of the script doesn't care for it. Big difference.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:02 am

I'm pretty sure Wan could handle a Justice League film. They need to lock this dude down pronto.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 am

RedWingFan wrote:So now you don't prefer they old D.C. "dark, serious" movie tone? You're okay with the Marvel Style, lighter comedic tone of Aquaman, and the all out comedy of Shazaam???


"Lighter comedic tone" of Aquaman? Put down the Wite-Out. Much of Momoa's personality found its way into the role, just like Downey's, just like Gadot's, just like everyone else. Except unlike Downey, Jason's serious when he has to be. Downey just acts like everything's a joke, except for that time he couldn't stop Rhodes in mid-plunge. :lol:

Nowhere is it written in Sanskrit that every director is going to apply the grimdark approach to every single DC film. Was Wonder Woman like that? No. Was Shazam! ever planned to be that way? F no. Shazam! is based on the New 52 version. Aquaman will draw from various storylines just like Nolan's Batman trilogy, Snyder's Superman and the Wonder Woman films.

Btw, Marvel ripped off a lot of stuff from DC in the comics decades ago. Get over it. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:31 am

I got a Mad Max: Fury Road vibe at the end of the Aquaman trailer. It looks to be scaled just perfectly with mixed tones, as it should be. I think the new DC label is called "Worlds of DC" ? There's going to be versatile directions within'. Each character and director will bring what they bring best to the table.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 am

Also, Patty and Gal said WW84 isn't even a sequel to their smash hit Wonder Woman. It's going to be its own thing. I like this approach. You simply don't know where they'll head next and every story is contained. It'll be cool to see Cavill do a For Tomorrow Superman film and then the next a Kingdom Come or Red Son. Cool vibes all around.I'm more of the camp of good films. Tones, humor, dark, gritty, what the FUCK ever. Keep it goin and make more of these things. That's my jam.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:38 am

DCEU Officially Becomes Worlds of DC

https://movieweb.com/worlds-of-dc-new-title-dceu/
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:55 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Also, Patty and Gal said WW84 isn't even a sequel to their smash hit Wonder Woman. It's going to be its own thing. I like this approach. You simply don't know where they'll head next and every story is contained. It'll be cool to see Cavill do a For Tomorrow Superman film and then the next a Kingdom Come or Red Son. Cool vibes all around.I'm more of the camp of good films. Tones, humor, dark, gritty, what the FUCK ever. Keep it goin and make more of these things. That's my jam.


Exactly. "What the fuck-ever." WW84 has to be different because it's set in the '80s. I grew up in the '80s, so I know exactly what they're shooting for (check that double entendre). Hell, they've even got Gal running down the boulevard like Lynda. Instead of a life-or-death battle with a war god with telekinetic powers, we're going to be treated to what may be the alpha & omega of catfights, a melée for the ages. Here's a taste.

ImageImage
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:57 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:DCEU Officially Becomes Worlds of DC

https://movieweb.com/worlds-of-dc-new-title-dceu/


I like the sound of "The Worlds of DC." It's all-encompassing. We're going to have comics, cinema, television and streaming. Retro. Reminds me of the '70s/80s.

Worlds of DC, without question, absolutely owned SDCC 2018. That much is certain. To go along with the rebranding, Warner Bros. brought the house down with a ton of footage from their upcoming releases. They decided not to focus on announcing a bunch of future titles. Instead, they're sticking to what they actually have in the pipeline.


Oh, yeah, Batwoman's coming to the CW. :D
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 am

Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby Deb » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:41 pm

verslibre wrote:AQUAMAN trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU


Wow! Sooooo looking forward to that one! :mrgreen:
Image Now Playing: Big Love - Live. https://youtu.be/WDwr63QVzJA
User avatar
Deb
MP3
 
Posts: 14905
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Gotta Love The Ride!

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:46 pm

Monker wrote:And, you didn't even mention Shazzam..."Superman meets Tom Hank's 'Big'."


Just watched the trailer. Great description!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13534
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:49 pm

Thoughts on Aquaman trailer....looks cool. Efx still need some work. I think they are going for an Avatar-type vibe, but right now, it looks more like outtakes of Gungans on Naboo /Phantom Menace. It remains to be seen whether Momoa and the character can draw crowds.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13534
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:53 pm

verslibre wrote:Image



Really shitty photo-shop job here. Film deserves better. Get Drew Struzan.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13534
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:08 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Monker wrote:And, you didn't even mention Shazzam..."Superman meets Tom Hank's 'Big'."


Just watched the trailer. Great description!


Jesus Christ, TNC. You should know Monker by now. He's a copy and paster. They've been saying "Superman meets BIG" for Shazam! before the official synopsis came out. Nothing new. :idea:
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Really shitty photo-shop job here. Film deserves better. Get Drew Struzan.


I agree that the poster could have been better and should have been better. I prefer the poster Wan tweeted for Den of Geek:

Image
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:12 am

A new age of DC is here, so I'm migrating this thread ladies and gentlemen. Check the new one! Adios Amigos!
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 am

verslibre wrote:Nah.


Rubber halloween masks containing microchips of stonehenge get activated by a TV commercial to kill children??? Oh, and androids too! This is truly MST3K-worthy stuff.

verslibre wrote:For a full movie? Nah. Not necessarily. There's no confirmation of that anywhere. There's only speculation.


Heath's family said he was going to do another Batman. Are you calling them liars?

verslibre wrote:Really? Casino Royale and Skyfall both kick its ass. If there was more story-meat to back up those grandiose set pieces, Spectre could have been the best one yet. Could have been.


Royale is decent. But seems confused. From the film's outset, Bond already seems like a hardened womanizer and yet after Vesper's betrayal, he is turned into a hardened womanizer? His character arc from rookie to debonair secret agent is not clear. Parts of it work tho.

Skyfall imo is the worst Bond film of all time. Silva's plot makes zero sense. M pretentiously citing Tennyson during the court scene made me howl. Barbara Broccoli and Craig both need to be fired. They have no grasp of what Bond is.

verslibre wrote:Nah. What's that word you like? It was a romp. :wink:


Is that why the Suicide director posted an apology on Twitter?

verslibre wrote:Nah. It's the best one. The sequels get progressively more silly. It's not like the Phantasm films, where some of the sequels are nearly on par with the original.


Huh? By Phantasm 3, we had comical Reggie sex scenes, zombies cracking jokes, a Macaulay Culkin-type sidekick. The sad thing is, the Phantasm sequels actually got worse after that.

verslibre wrote:Don't believe everything you hear.


Why would I take advice from someone who is clearly deaf, dumb, and blind?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13534
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Get Drew Struzan.


So it'll look like a Star Wars poster? It's still better than any of Marvel's "glue heads anywhere, and make Downey's the biggest" approach (see Homecoming).
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5991
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Earmuffs For The Blind

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests