DC Extended Universe THREAD

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:11 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Dozens of people I've spoken to in "real life" — friends and friends-of-friends, relatives, acquaintances, total strangers — (minus one) have told me they loved or liked BvS.

Once a month I stop into my local comic shop and pick up some titles I have placed on hold. The week after BvsS came out, there were 8 people in the shop (include me and the clerk). Of the 8, only three people liked it. In my personal life, 2 friends thought it was a mess. Another 2 really liked it.

I usually stop at the shop on Wednesday's and BS with some of my buddies. When BvS came out, I only talked to my buddy Vince who was working the front. He really liked it and we had good convo about it for about half and hour. People still blow up my FB page about the movie and let me know how much they liked it. I only came across two people who hated it. One said he was going to go watch Avengers to get the "taint" taste out of his mouth lol. Other than a few people, friends and buddies I trust really liked it (most who even despised Man of Steel.)

What books do you pick up, TNC?
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:13 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Of that list, I would say Thor 1 and Ant Man were better than BvsS. The rest are crap. If anything, BvsS reminded me of Avengers 2. Also a mess.

Ant-Man?! It has lame gags, a non-villain, a typically weak third act. Rudd's not too hot in the role, either. The best thing about the movie's Michael Douglas. It's a light 'n fluffy movie. :lol:

I've since watched Thor a couple times on FX. It's a decent flick but it's becoming more and more apparent that Hemsworth is the weak link in the Marvel stable.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:19 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:The whole reason WB/DC inserted Batman into a MoS follow-up is because Batman does not need any introduction. It's a license to print money and put asses in seats.

If you want to go with that, then by the same token Feige jammed all the Avengers minus Hulk and Thor — and added Black Panther and Spider-Man — into Civil War in order to print money and put asses in seats.

Oh, except the writers already admitted it. :lol:

Whatever you want to say about BvS, it was high time for Batman and Superman to interact. And we got our first taste of Wonder Woman, too — audiences everywhere: IT"S ABOUT TIME!!
Last edited by verslibre on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:20 am

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Of that list, I would say Thor 1 and Ant Man were better than BvsS. The rest are crap. If anything, BvsS reminded me of Avengers 2. Also a mess.

Ant-Man?! It has lame gags, a non-villain, a typically weak third act. Rudd's not too hot in the role, either. The best thing about the movie's Michael Douglas. It's a light 'n fluffy movie. :lol:

I've since watched Thor a couple times on FX. It's a decent flick but it's becoming more and more apparent that Hemsworth is the weak link in the Marvel stable.

The best part of Ant Man was the 60s flashbacks with Hank Pym. Gotta love how Disneyfied Rudd's ex-con character is. He served hard time, but has a heart of gold. Oh, and he's a super genius! His ex-con sidekicks are also cuddly.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:20 am

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:The whole reason WB/DC inserted Batman into a MoS follow-up is because Batman does not need any introduction. It's a license to print money and put asses in seats.

If you want to believe that, then by the same token Feige jammed all the Avengers minus Hulk and Thor into Civil War in order to print money and put asses in seats.

Well that's obvious. But at least Marvel took their time getting there.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:21 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:

The best part of Ant Man was the 60s flashbacks with Hank Pym. Gotta love how Disneyfied Rudd's ex-con character is. He served hard time, but has a heart of gold. Oh, and he's a super genius! His ex-con sidekicks are also cuddly.

I know you loved the Latin percussion whenever Michael Peña went "I get excited!" :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:22 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote: Batman is Batman - period. Obligatory flashback sequences of his parents getting killed, the Batmobile, repartee between Alfred and Wayne in the cave...these are all hallmarks of a franchise that viewers are familiar with. Audiences know the mythology. Batman vs. Superman did not drastically change the Batman character. A little gruffer. A little more battle-hardened.

This is what we've been saying for awhile now. Audiences know Batman and Superman like the back of their hand and many stories within' their mythology have been told in practically every medium (from radio, to television and cinema) so slight changes over a (close to) 80 year character with rabid fan base's will be met with criticism. Point is, as bad as you and others hate Snyder and Batman V Superman, it still gave us the "best live action Batman ever" and even made people uber excited for Wonder Woman for her big screen debut. That doesn't happen by accident. Batman V Superman got a lot of things right. Creativity speaking, that certainly counts as a success.

Wake up and smell the bullshit, man!

There's only one big steamy pile of bullshit I smell, and it's not mine. We're only two movies in the DCEU. It's only just begun so until it IS a done deal, that's when it will be clear. Until then, I'm along for this ride brothaman.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:

If you want to believe that, then by the same token Feige jammed all the Avengers minus Hulk and Thor into Civil War in order to print money and put asses in seats.

Well that's obvious. But at least Marvel took their time getting there.

That wasn't the original plan for the film. It was a direct response to BvS. Feige saw Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman all heading to the same theater screen and he revised his strategy.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:24 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:What books do you pick up, TNC?

I recently gave up on Outcast by Kirkman - was not heading anywhere. Harrow County is a really good one that I've been reading. The October Faction I've also been reading. Not sure why. It's pretty much an Adams Family-rip off. Dark Horse's revival of Creepy and Eerie I buy - but those only come out like once every 3-4 months. I was buying the new Dark Knight 3: Master Race, but I gave up after 2 issues. I have a few others on my pull list. Nothing really Superhero-related. The last Superhero comic I was reading was Sidekick by JMS. And that series recently ended (oh, and that sucked too!). I'm up for suggestions for any new titles. As a kid, I would religiously buy Wolverine, X-Men, and Tales from the Crypt. I was a weird fucking kid!
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:31 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I recently gave up on Outcast by Kirkman - was not heading anywhere. Harrow County is a really good one that I've been reading. The October Faction I've also been reading. Not sure why. It's pretty much an Adams Family-rip off. Dark Horse's revival of Creepy and Eerie I buy - but those only come out like once every 3-4 months.

Man, I LOVED the Warren mags. Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, 1984/1994, The Rook, Warren Presents...LOVED them. This new shit from Dark Horse sucks! But Corben's still doing great stuff. Did you get Ratgod or Darkmoor?

The_Noble_Cause wrote: was buying the new Dark Knight 3: Master Race, but I gave up after 2 issues. I have a few others on my pull list. Nothing really Superhero-related. The last Superhero comic I was reading was Sidekick by JMS. And that series recently ended (oh, and that sucked too!). I'm up for suggestions for any new titles. As a kid, I would religiously buy Wolverine, X-Men, and Tales from the Crypt. I was a weird fucking kid!

I was all over the map, too. Did you ever read Mark Schultzs's Xenozoic Tales?

Also, the two recent Batman: Earth One graphic novels are amazing. Even if you hate them, you'll like 'em. :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:34 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I recently gave up on Outcast by Kirkman - was not heading anywhere. Harrow County is a really good one that I've been reading. The October Faction I've also been reading. Not sure why. It's pretty much an Adams Family-rip off. Dark Horse's revival of Creepy and Eerie I buy - but those only come out like once every 3-4 months. I was buying the new Dark Knight 3: Master Race, but I gave up after 2 issues. I have a few others on my pull list. Nothing really Superhero-related. The last Superhero comic I was reading was Sidekick by JMS. And that series recently ended (oh, and that sucked too!). I'm up for suggestions for any new titles. As a kid, I would religiously buy Wolverine, X-Men, and Tales from the Crypt. I was a weird fucking kid!

Interesting choices. I'll look those books up. Tales from the Crypt was AWESOME and X-Men and Wolverine were a regularities in my childhood. JMS's recent work on Superman is probably the most hated and easily one of the worst interpretations of the character in his 78 years. The premise? Superman walking (no fucking joke...walking.) His Superman: Earth One book wasn't bad, though.

A cool series (that may have been cancelled) that I was into from Image Comics was 'Bedlam' by Nick Spencer for awhile. It was great but I never revisited them as my comic shop would have a hard time keeping hard copies on the shelf.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:37 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:We could also go by first week box office drop off too, but trust me you don't want to do that. Lol. DC's box office drops Reminds me of the old cheech and chong Christmas skit. "Man, her cookies were so good, I could almost eat one"

The drops are big and most action blockbusters are always frontloaded, but that's no indication if a person liked a movie or not. There's so many factors in BO receipts that are impossible to pin-point. Getting a movie to a billion dollars (as we've established before) comes down to repeat viewings with a mixture of people who are on the fence with a movie via critics and reviews. Batman V Superman (at the moment) is over $850+WW. $850+ isn't anything to moan or sneeze about. It's about as solid of a settling number a studio can hang their disappointing hats on over a movie that was WRECKED by the critics. The expectations are ginormous with DC films (arguably with the bar set twice as high than Marvel films) and though Man of Steel was also a divisive movie with fans and the critics alike, that didn't matter because the people still showed up opening weekend in the midst of the all-things-negative attitude and a lot of people ended up disagreeing with the critics and some did. As I said before, the movie is very easy to pick apart as to why families wouldn't, say, take their kids to see this over and over again. The elements in place are geared towards a more mature audience with a different set of unorthodox rules the director was keen on establishing. To some, it could be off-putting and the movie raised more questions than answers. If people showed up in droves opening weekend, then they certainly will continue so and hopefully by that point, films like JL will be an awesome movie with a better percentage intangibles for the movie to be repeatable by the casual viewer.

319.4 million domestic is nothing to sneeze at, indeed. A LOT Of movies — the last X-Men, and this new one — would love to see 850M as their worldwide gross.

This may confound some people, but studios actually prefer a "front-loaded" film that makes a ton of money up front versus having "legs," where the movie trickles in like a bubbling brook over, say, four months, like the, uh, last X-Men movie. :lol:

Seriously. If Fox has no problem letting Bryan Singer make those big budget movies, WB will have none letting Zack make the Justice League movies. :wink:
Last edited by verslibre on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:38 am

verslibre wrote:That wasn't the original plan for the film. It was a direct response to BvS. Feige saw Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman all heading to the same theater screen and he revised his strategy.

My bad. I misread your comment. I thought we were discussing Avengers 1. Yes, I read about that. I think Marvel should have stuck to their guns and followed through with the original plan for CA 3.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:41 am

verslibre wrote: That wasn't the original plan for the film. It was a direct response to BvS. Feige saw Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman all heading to the same theater screen and he revised his strategy.

‘Captain America: Civil War’ Was Made Because Of ‘Batman v Superman’
“There have been 11 or 12 movies so far, all with a fairly traditional structure. Our pitch to them was: People will tell you they love chocolate ice cream — until you give it to them five days a week. It’s time to give them some rainbow sherbet. Kevin [Feige] is a maverick and he’s very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right. And after they announced Batman v. Superman, he said, ‘you guys are absolutely right.’ We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience.”

http://heroichollywood.com/captain-amer ... -superman/
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:42 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Interesting choices. I'll look those books up. Tales from the Crypt was AWESOME and X-Men and Wolverine were a regularities in my childhood. JMS's recent work on Superman is probably the most hated and easily one of the worst interpretations of the character in his 78 years. The premise? Superman walking (no fucking joke...walking.) His Superman: Earth One book wasn't bad, though.

A cool series (that may have been cancelled) that I was into from Image Comics was 'Bedlam' by Nick Spencer for awhile. It was great but I never revisited them as my comic shop would have a hard time keeping hard copies on the shelf.

What do you think of M. Night Shyamalan bringing Tales From The Crypt back as a 10-episode miniseries?

JMS had Superman walking? WTF? :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:44 am

verslibre wrote:Man, I LOVED the Warren mags. Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, 1984/1994, The Rook, Warren Presents...LOVED them. This new shit from Dark Horse sucks! But Corben's still doing great stuff. Did you get Ratgod or Darkmoor?

I bought the first two issues of Ratgod. It was good. Then I lost track. I need to get the trade paperback. You? When I see anything by Corben on the shelf, I pick it up. I think the Dark Horse revivals of Creepy/Eerie have been so-so. The stories have simply been weak. Vers, if you are a fan of this stuff I recommend you check out The Creeps. I find it at Barnes & Noble. Like Creepy, it's in a magazine format. Very fun retro stuff.

http://www.thecreepsmagazine.com/
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:45 am

verslibre wrote:What do you think of M. Night Shyamalan bringing Tales From The Crypt back as a 10-episode miniseries?

I'm down. Sure. Why not? HBO's Crypt Keeper was classic. And the 2 70s British movies were OK too. A wealth of material is there. So bring it on, I say. I like a good anthology series.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:55 am

verslibre wrote: What do you think of M. Night Shyamalan bringing Tales From The Crypt back as a 10-episode miniseries?

GIVE IT TO ME NOW. When I first heard that, I marked out pretty hard. Loved HBO's Tales from the Crypt back in the day. Brings back some great memories and I'm a sucker for old school horror done the RIGHT way. The current horror genre makes me sick so bringing back classics like Tales from the Crpyt will make the world a better place.

Come to think of it, did the premise of TFTC die down for a little? I can't remember if it was that show or another I may be mixing it up with but I remember reading they may have had trouble resurrecting the series.

As for JMS's Superman story (called 'Grounded') will live in my memory best as the story that chaffed my asshole severely from the amount of pages I wiped my ass with.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 am

Jason Momoa is ready to go in new photo from 'Justice League' studios in London
http://batman-news.com/2016/04/26/jason-momoa-justice-league-studios/
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 am

If you remember your grammar school days, then you know a 70% is also a C...and getting close to a C-.

And, the fact that you are comparing BvS to movies that you and YJF constantly complain about and trash says a lot.

Again, BvS was to be DC's catch-up movie. Which means it should have been up to par with Avengers. It wasn't...by your own admission below...by ranking it among your least favorite Marvel movies.

I don't "belove" Ant-Man, like I said - stupid concept....and the rest are pretty mediocre. So, all you have done is AT BEST proved that BvS is viewed as a pretty mediocre movie. Good job.

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Wow, when 70% is seen as "not bad", that really says it all. Complete denial that the movie sucks.

Have you patented the recipe for your Weaksauce® ? :lol:

Back in grammar school when I first learned about numbers and percentages, we were shown that something like "7/10" reads "7 out of 10," or in this case, 7 out of 10 people like the movie. Which is more than half, if you're into fractions.

The "beloved" Ant-Man: 7.4/10 (based on 272K user ratings) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/?ref_=nv_sr_1

You'll notice a few Marvel movies have settled into comparable scores:

Iron Man 2: 7.0/10 (based on 503K user ratings) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228705/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Thor: 7.0/10 (based on 513K user ratings) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Even the billion dollar-grossing Iron Man 3 is at 7.3 – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300854/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Not everything sits at 8.5 (or higher), or, in the case of The Dark Knight, 9.0 (based on 1.6M ratings): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/?ref_=nv_sr_1

IMO, IMDb is a far better source to gauge what people like than RT.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:13 am

As always, you're changing the basis of the original concept and arguement. The arguement was determining how viewers not only ranked films, but ranked films by the barometer in how these movies are being judged. What I think about these films or what movies I deem awful or mediocre has no barring on how OTHERS ranked these movies as a whole on the site. What those results show, is that basically all those movies are ranked nicely and the majority of people enjoyed those movies, in which, contrary to belief, puts to bed that Batman v Superman was a hated film. It ranks right up there with films the majoritity of people liked. The premise of those findings goes against everything you've said thus far. Nice try though. :lol:

For the record, going by your logic, if Batman V Superman is as shitty as you say, then 7/12 Marvel films are shitty as well, which comes back to the question of who's REALLY in denial? :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:19 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Man, I LOVED the Warren mags. Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, 1984/1994, The Rook, Warren Presents...LOVED them. This new shit from Dark Horse sucks! But Corben's still doing great stuff. Did you get Ratgod or Darkmoor?

I bought the first two issues of Ratgod. It was good. Then I lost track. I need to get the trade paperback. You? When I see anything by Corben on the shelf, I pick it up. I think the Dark Horse revivals of Creepy/Eerie have been so-so. The stories have simply been weak. Vers, if you are a fan of this stuff I recommend you check out The Creeps. I find it at Barnes & Noble. Like Creepy, it's in a magazine format. Very fun retro stuff.

http://www.thecreepsmagazine.com/

I've looked through an issue of two of The Creeps and it didn't grab me. And I love that kind of stuff. I highly recommend Steve Niles' & Bernie Wrightson's The Ghoul, for Bernie's art alone. They released an nice oversize (not quite Treasury) b&w collection that makes for better appreciation of the art. Those also did Frankenstein Alive, Alive! which is nothing short of amazing artwise, too.

I farked up the title of the other one: it's Ragemoor. I have the individual issues, but they collected it. Corben's lost nothing, IMO. I need more Ratgod, though.

This is fantastic blog that covers all things '70s when it comes to DC, Marvel, Warren, Charlton and so on. This guy scans and puts up a random comic or story everyday (pages are clickable). There are days that just feature covers, art, articles, etc. I read this thing everyday. It's awesome. Searchable like any BlogSpot, too.

http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blogspot.com/
Last edited by verslibre on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:22 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:What do you think of M. Night Shyamalan bringing Tales From The Crypt back as a 10-episode miniseries?

I'm down. Sure. Why not? HBO's Crypt Keeper was classic. And the 2 70s British movies were OK too. A wealth of material is there. So bring it on, I say. I like a good anthology series.

Assuming you mean this movie...it is AWESOME!

verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:25 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote: What do you think of M. Night Shyamalan bringing Tales From The Crypt back as a 10-episode miniseries?

GIVE IT TO ME NOW. When I first heard that, I marked out pretty hard. Loved HBO's Tales from the Crypt back in the day. Brings back some great memories and I'm a sucker for old school horror done the RIGHT way. The current horror genre makes me sick so bringing back classics like Tales from the Crpyt will make the world a better place.

Come to think of it, did the premise of TFTC die down for a little? I can't remember if it was that show or another I may be mixing it up with but I remember reading they may have had trouble resurrecting the series.

Not sure if it was a new Tales From The Darkside, but the Shyamalan-led TFTC seemed to gain traction pretty fast.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:As for JMS's Superman story (called 'Grounded') will live in my memory best as the story that chaffed my asshole severely from the amount of pages I wiped my ass with.

At least you didn't have to rinse your eyes with a screening of Superman Returns. :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Monker wrote:If you remember your grammar school days, then you know a 70% is also a C...and getting close to a C-.

And, the fact that you are comparing BvS to movies that you and YJF constantly complain about and trash says a lot.

Again, BvS was to be DC's catch-up movie. Which means it should have been up to par with Avengers. It wasn't...by your own admission below...by ranking it among your least favorite Marvel movies.

I don't "belove" Ant-Man, like I said - stupid concept....and the rest are pretty mediocre. So, all you have done is AT BEST proved that BvS is viewed as a pretty mediocre movie. Good job.

Moving the goalposts again = another day at the office for you. :lol:

If you'd like to assemble a list of CBMs rated 9.0 or higher, it's going to be a short one. But hey, The Dark Knight will be on it. :lol:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:34 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:If you remember your grammar school days, then you know a 70% is also a C...and getting close to a C-.

If you'd like to assemble a list of CBMs rated 9.0 or higher, it's going to be a short one. But hey, The Dark Knight will be on it. :lol:

I'm not the one playing games - you are. I am not defining a field, or goal posts, you are. I am simply pointing out your hypocrisy,

I have said, repeatedly, that BvS failed due to bad story telling, not because it was "dark"...and TDK proves that a dark movie can be successful. Thank you for proving my point for me, again.

BvS is at 70%, or C- because it sucks...not because it went over people's heads, or because it was 'dark', or whatever your next excuse will be...it is simply a bad movie. .
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:00 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:

Yes, it did. Back in those days there was TFTC and The Hitchhiker, and there may been others that I don't remember... And, before those was "Tales from the Darkside", in syndication, I think...I remember watching it late night but never on a network prime-time. The success of these shows, and the syndication of things like Twilight Zone and Outer LImits, set off a few network shows that were similar. Henson had "The Story Teller", and Spielberg had "Amazing Stories". Neither were very successful. There were also several attempts to revive Twilight Zone...neither were very popular. The consensus became that these type of shows can't make it on networks and were better suited for pay channels and syndication. Then came X-Files, and everybody was happy.

There is definitely room for a Twilight Zone anthology show nowadays. SyFy should look at it, if they were smart (and they're not). There is also a definite market for a "real" X-Files reboot.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Abitaman » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:51 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:That wasn't the original plan for the film. It was a direct response to BvS. Feige saw Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman all heading to the same theater screen and he revised his strategy.

My bad. I misread your comment. I thought we were discussing Avengers 1. Yes, I read about that. I think Marvel should have stuck to their guns and followed through with the original plan for CA 3.

I have to agree, while I like the promise of action and tension, from what I have read, alot of the tension never reaches a peak for a good payoff. Hope I see it different and not as another Disney feel good movie.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Abitaman » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:

I'm not the one playing games - you are. I am not defining a field, or goal posts, you are. I am simply pointing out your hypocrisy,

I have said, repeatedly, that BvS failed due to bad story telling, not because it was "dark"...and TDK proves that a dark movie can be successful. Thank you for proving my point for me, again.

BvS is at 70%, or C- because it sucks...not because it went over people's heads, or because it was 'dark', or whatever your next excuse will be...it is simply a bad movie. .

When I went to school a C- was average. Not the dumbest rock in the bunch and not the sharpest tool either. So with that C- or 70, you are still 70% of you class.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:36 pm

verslibre wrote:Assuming you mean this movie...it is AWESOME!

Yea. The other British Crypt/EC film is Vault of Horror. The new TNT 'Crypt' series doesn't have the rights to use the HBO animatronic Crypt Keeper, so I would expect it to look more like this one...an old guy wearing a bathrobe.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo