R.I.P. Nick Menza

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

R.I.P. Nick Menza

Postby verslibre » Mon May 23, 2016 4:23 am

Ex-Megadeth drummer Nick Menza died in the middle of a performance with Ohm (the fusion band of fellow ex-Deth alumnus Chris Poland), last night at the Baked Potato in Hollywood. :(

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nick-menza-dies/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_4572276
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Re: R.I.P. Nick Menza

Postby ebake02 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:26 am

Damn, 2016 has been brutal to good music.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Mon May 23, 2016 2:37 pm

ebake02 wrote:Damn, 2016 has been brutal to good music.

Terrible year for music. Not much older than me. RIP NIck
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby conversationpc » Tue May 24, 2016 12:21 am

Dude did some great drumming for Megadeth, especially on the "Rust in Peace" album. RIP :cry:
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Wed May 25, 2016 8:06 am

And to think that just barely over a year ago, a serious effort at putting the Rust In Peace era lineup back together was underway, which obviously unfortunately fell through. Now it can't ever happen. Huge and tragic loss. Should also be a wake up call for other groups who can't put things aside (looking at you, Styx).
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed May 25, 2016 8:16 am

Archetype wrote:And to think that just barely over a year ago, a serious effort at putting the Rust In Peace era lineup back together was underway, which obviously unfortunately fell through. Now it can't ever happen. Huge and tragic loss. Should also be a wake up call for other groups who can't put things aside (looking at you, Styx).

Dave (not Junior) remarked about those sessions, implying Nick didn't have what it took to play at that level, anymore. I didn't buy that. Nick was playing in Ohm recently!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Return to Death By Stereo