Meatloaf goes down

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Meatloaf goes down

Postby JBlake » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:08 am

Just curious if anyone's seen this since I've not seen a thread on here about it yet.

So Meatloaf goes down during a song. The weird thing is, was he still singing after going down or was that another vocalist in the band who continued to sing another verse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdofzw82rFY
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Re: Meatloaf goes down

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:51 am

Thanks for posting. The lead vocal keeps going after he collapses because he has been lip-syncing for quite some time now. The lead vocal is from his last DVD. The sad thing is, even though the vocals were redone in the studio it still sounds like total shit.

Note: the lead Meat vocal is not to be confused with the background chorus. The difference is obvious. The lead vocal sounds like a warbling drunk at a karaoke Christmas party.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:32 am

I figured as much. His live vocals seemed too consistent given his age. The guy's almost 69 years old and he's been in the biz for 4-1/2 decades.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:03 am

I think Meat has put out some good albums in his later years (Bat 3 and Hang Cool Teddy Bear), but when he goes on the warpath defending his voice on YouTube or FB, I think the guy sounds pretty delusional.

"Nothing happen to my Voice except it's 40 years older , if you knew anything about the last 2 albums .My voice sounds Just like the record . What ! you wanted be to be 26 years old again !! I still do Bat in the same key it was Recorded , I am the only male Rock singer that can hit 4 High C's full voice at the end of Bat." :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZdiaFXW2U8
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Ehwmatt » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:38 am

Scary moment. He needs to hang it up.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby RPM » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:49 am

I hope he still doing this for the love of it , not because he needs the money.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Postby Boomchild » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:40 am

If you can't sing anymore and have to rely on lip syncing, you should hang it up. You are only committing a farce and ripping off your audience.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:26 am

That YouTube clip that exposed the kipping has been taken down too.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:23 am

[quote="The_Noble_Cause"]Thanks for posting. The lead vocal keeps going after he collapses because he has been lip-syncing for quite some time now. The lead vocal is from his last DVD. The sad thing is, even though the vocals were redone in the studio it still sounds like total shit.

What proof do you have to make this claim?
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:04 am

FamilyMan wrote:What proof do you have to make this claim?

I'm a fan with eyes and ears. And I own the Guilty Pleasure dvd. First started noticing it being used during the UK Last at Bat tour. Just like Journey using the vocals of the Vegas 2001 dvd in 2005.

You're the CBS reporter. Do some research and get back to me. You won't prove me wrong.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:51 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20160622

yes, meatloaf goes down.

sad in both parts

damn he had the perfect anthem voice

why does this remind me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YjXBwOWOEc
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:39 am

scarab wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-meat-loafs-bombastic-new-track-with-bat-out-of-hell-songwriter-20160622

yes, meatloaf goes down.

sad in both parts

damn he had the perfect anthem voice

Thanks for posting. This will probably be the last rodeo for Meat and Jim albumwise. Meat has indicated that he was not happy with Bat 3. His albums are usually good, even when his live performances are crap. Just from a brief listen....well, the female vocalists sound good!
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Memorex » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:48 pm

As far as that new Meatloaf song, my mom taught me if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So...
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Memorex wrote:As far as that new Meatloaf song, my mom taught me if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So...

Still, it's Steinman. It's gotta be somewhat good. Meat has always approached singing from the perspective of an actor finding the truth in a character. If that's the case, it doesn't get much more truthful or real than sounding like absolute hungover dogshit. On Hang Cool Teddy Bear, he went from singing to mostly shouting. On Hell in a Handbasket (the last album), he started to sound worse. But still, it's Steinman. I'll buy it.

Read comments from posters elsewhere calling this song a bloated mess. Ha. It's a 4-minute excerpt from a 12 minute song! They haven't heard anything yet!
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:39 am

I really liked most of Bat 3. He sounds horrible on the new song. Told the wife no more of his live shows. I can't stand to hear an already too long "I would do anything for love" dragged out to a 20 minute affair with his drawn out singing.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:33 am

RedWingFan wrote:I really liked most of Bat 3. He sounds horrible on the new song. Told the wife no more of his live shows. I can't stand to hear an already too long "I would do anything for love" dragged out to a 20 minute affair with his drawn out singing.

Meat sounded excellent on Bat 3. And he even did a live appearance on the Today Show (or one of the morning shows) and sounded good. Then he did an appearance on American Idol and sounded bad. I'd say the Bat 3 Today show appearance was the last time he sounded decent. I'm still excited for the album. It's the closest thing to Bat 4 we will ever get.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:39 pm

The majority of this is playback from the Guilty Pleasure dvd. Meat says it's just a double-vocal, but when the only thing you hear is the isolated vocal track, it's playback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1c3DgEzz-g
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby JBlake » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:48 am

RPM wrote:I hope he still doing this for the love of it , not because he needs the money.

I hear ya. But the sad reality to it is if a person has to lip-sync, chances are they are only doing it cause they need the money. I really don't see any joy out of getting up on a stage and "pretending" to sing. I'd say it's more like having to for the money then anything else.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby steveo777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 pm

JBlake wrote:
RPM wrote:I hope he still doing this for the love of it , not because he needs the money.

I hear ya. But the sad reality to it is if a person has to lip-sync, chances are they are only doing it cause they need the money. I really don't see any joy out of getting up on a stage and "pretending" to sing. I'd say it's more like having to for the money then anything else.

'He's worth around 25 million, but of course, the devil is always in the details, of the story nobody knows. Look what happened to the value of Michael Jackson's estate after he croaked. Went from like 100 million negative to almost 700 million positive. Now, that being said, Meat ain't no MJ.
http://business.financialpost.com/busin ... heir-money
steveo777
MP3

Return to Death By Stereo