Greg Lake R.I.P.

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Greg Lake R.I.P.

Postby AR » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:30 pm

This horrible year for musicians continues.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... son-palmer

Wouldn't want to be Carl Palmer right about now.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Greg Lake R.I.P.

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:34 am

Iconic voice. I have King Crimson's first three albums, yes I said albums, which I bought in 68,69,and 70, I think. They fell off the map after that. They needed Lakes input in the mix. On the third, Jon Anderson sang one song. Lake was not on it. There was no ELP without him. The voice, the bass, what a fit with Carl Palmer. He did a short stay in Asia also when Wetton stepped out for a year or two, but a surprise to me was, his voice really didn't fit. I always thought Lake and Wetton sounded simular. Carl Palmer was a bit of a health nut. Good diet, jogged for miles, marshal arts. Besides, Emerson did himself, sadly, he did not die from natural causes. ELP, King Crimson, Yes, Kansas, all a big part of my youth. I have a Carl Palmer signed drum head. Not a good year in the music world. I'll be playing that triple live CD today in my car. RIP Mr. Lake. I have much of your music in my collection. Thank you.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 am

WTF.

Keith AND Greg...in the same year??????????????????????

Damn. :cry:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:13 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Iconic voice. I have King Crimson's first three albums, yes I said albums, which I bought in 68,69,and 70, I think. They fell off the map after that.

Not sure what you mean by this. They fell off the map as far as your listening tastes? King Crimson simply got better and better, culminating in Red in '74 (followed by the live album USA and a few years of inactivity). I also love the '80s line-up with Fripp, Bruford, Belew and Levin. When they came back in the "double-trio" formation in the '90s, that was great, too. A very unique band.

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:I'll be playing that triple live CD today in my car. RIP Mr. Lake. I have much of your music in my collection. Thank you.

Welcome Back, My Friends is one of the greatest live albums ever. You should also get Works Live, which is the expanded 2CD version of ELP's 1979 live album In Concert.

I bet you'd like Greg's solo albums from the '80s. Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1wwUbcfXf8&index=2&list=RD7xecfSP0vR0
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:11 am

I also have Pictures at an Exhibition, but not on CD. I'm sure Keith was there saying,"Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends". As a former drummer, I got worn out just listening to Palmer do Karn evil 9 and Tarkus in the same show. I'm sure he had a nice break between somewhere. Awesome band.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Return to Death By Stereo