Suggestions for 5 days in London in the U.K.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Suggestions for 5 days in London in the U.K.

Postby AR » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Following my hometown Baltimore Ravens next season for a game in London. I have never "crossed the pond" so to speak.

So tell me what I should see and do.

Discuss. Keep in mind I am not into art galleries and shit like that. Happy to see some historical things but I am just going to have a good time.

There should be at least 1500 or more "ugly Americans" with me from Baltimore if not more. God save the Queen! :wink:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Suggestions for 5 days in London in the U.K.

Postby AR » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:43 am

Fact Finder wrote:
AR wrote:Following my hometown Baltimore Ravens next season for a game in London. I have never "crossed the pond" so to speak.

So tell me what I should see and do.

Discuss. Keep in mind I am not into art galleries and shit like that. Happy to see some historical things but I am just going to have a good time.

There should be at least 1500 or more "ugly Americans" with me from Baltimore. God save the Queen! :|

How many days/nights Ed? There is a shit ton to do in England but it takes 10 or 12 days. If just a quick 3 or 4 day weekend then just tour London, many tours available, see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, ride a tour boat on the Thames, eat Fish and Chips, ride The Eye, Tower of London, Trafalger Square. It's endless.

5 days 4 nights with the game being the last day. I know it's not too long. Should be a lot of fun though. Going on a package trip with one of the sports talk stations here in Baltimore so will have plenty of friendly faces around.
One thing I'd like to do is get a photo op walking across Abbey Road barefoot. :)

Also hoping there may be a band to go see in my brief time there. The trip is costing me $2000 including airfare, 4 star hotel, game ticket, a catered pep rally and a tailgate party on game day.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:44 am

That is one bad ass photo!!!!
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Fact Finder wrote:http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/one-day-itineraries/london-days-out-budget#KgHUc63fXzbyddC8.97

Much appreciated! Long way off but I'm looking forward to it. Only been out of the U.S. twice. Montreal in 89 and Tijuana in 98 (don't ask about that one) :lol:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Ehwmatt » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:00 am

Bring your flak jacket, gun, and racially profile like your life depends on it. Because, over there, it does.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara