General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Presidump David Dennison LLC - ONLY Term Thread

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:16 am

ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:28 am

Fact Finder wrote:The Mueller special counsel investigation was launched to probe charges that the key FBI officials developing evidence in the case thought were baseless. That's a bombshell accusation that appears to have been confirmed by lovebird-turned-songbird Lisa Page, according to John Solomon.

It tends to confirm the suspicion that the Mueller probe is a cover-up operation to obscure the criminal use of counterintelligence capabilities to spy on a rival presidential campaign and then sabotage the presidency that resulted.

Earlier reports indicated that Page has been answering questions from the House Judiciary Committee quite frankly and may even have cut a deal selling out her ex-lover Peter Strzok over their professional misbehavior (and quite possibly worse) in targeting the campaign and presidency of Donald Trump with the intelligence-gathering tools of the FBI.

Last night, John Solomon of The Hill revealed that he has obtained information from sources who heard Page's testimony in two days of sworn depositions behind closed doors that she offered a bombshell confirmation of the meaning of one of the most enigmatic text messages that the public has seen (keep in mind that there are many yet to be released).

Writing in The Hill, Solomon explains:

[T]here are just five words, among the thousands of suggestive texts Page and Strzok exchanged, that you should read.

That passage was transmitted on May 19, 2017. "There's no big there there," Strzok texted.

The date of the text long has intrigued investigators: It is two days after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named special counsel Robert Mueller to oversee an investigation into alleged collusion between Trump and the Russia campaign.

Since the text was turned over to Congress, investigators wondered whether it referred to the evidence against the Trump campaign.

In other words Mueller was appointed to make something out of nothing and the raid on Michael Cohen and arrest of Paul Manafort were meant to turn the thumb screws on them and coerce something out of them even if it was a lie that he could use to say there was probable cause for this investigation or an impeachment.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Memorex » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:48 am

Fact Finder wrote:Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
8:24 PM - 22 Jul 2018

Harry Truman level. About time.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 am

Memorex wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
8:24 PM - 22 Jul 2018

Harry Truman level. About time.

And that's the way you do it. :D
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:00 am

From Politico:

A federal judge ruled Monday that special counsel Robert Mueller must make public the identities of five witnesses that his prosecutors have granted immunity in exchange for their testimony at the upcoming criminal trial of former Donald Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.

U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis III gave the order to unseal the witnesses’ identities, as well as a complete list of who is going to be called by prosecutors to testify, at the end of a 30-minute hearing in his Alexandria, Virginia, courtroom that primarily revolved around Manafort’s motion to postpone his case until he’s finished fighting a separate suite of charges brought by Mueller in Washington.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:42 am

GQ magazine claiming that Otto Warmbier may not have been tortured after all. I don't believe it. Still, an interesting and harrowing read.

https://www.gq.com/story/otto-warmbier- ... true-story
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:GQ magazine claiming that Otto Warmbier may not have been tortured after all. I don't believe it. Still, an interesting and harrowing read.

https://www.gq.com/story/otto-warmbier- ... true-story

I don't quite know what to make of that.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:44 am

Fact Finder wrote:Russia Investigation: As the saying goes, a fish rots from the head down. Well, so do bad governments. Recent revelations about the behavior of President Obama and his CIA director John Brennan in pushing the bogus Russian collusion investigation suggest that's been the case.

The release of the FISA application by the FBI to investigate alleged collusion between Russia and President Trump's campaign and recent comments made by top officials are eye opening.

Not only did President Obama know about the investigation, he seems to have pushed it from the very beginning.

But don't take our word for it. Here's what Obama's Director of National Intelligence, the nation's former spy master, James Clapper, told CNN's Anderson Cooper:

"If it weren't for President Obama we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set up a whole sequence of event which are still unfolding today, including Special Counsel (Robert) Mueller's investigation. President Obama is responsible for that. It was he who tasked us to do that intelligence community assessment in the first place."

But at the same time we're hearing that Obama told his Russian counter intelligence investigators to stand down. Gee, do you suppose somebody could be lying? :roll:
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:14 am

Fact Finder wrote:But don't take our word for it. Here's what Obama's Director of National Intelligence, the nation's former spy master, James Clapper, told CNN's Anderson Cooper:

"If it weren't for President Obama we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set up a whole sequence of event which are still unfolding today, including Special Counsel (Robert) Mueller's investigation. President Obama is responsible for that. It was he who tasked us to do that intelligence community assessment in the first place."

Now imagine if Trump was in office at the time and did the very same thing regarding one of the candidates running for POTUS. It would have been leaked to the press in a nanosecond and calls for impeachment would commence.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:16 am

Fact Finder wrote:Yeah, they are all lying. This isn’t an investigation into Trump after all, it’s a coverup for what lil berry, HRC, Brennan, Clapper,Comey, McCabe, Strzok et al did.

Most intelligent people would call it for what it is... a SOFT COUP.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:40 am

"The truth is out there" and kudos to CNN for uncovering it!

Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ohsherrie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:04 am

Boomchild wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Yeah, they are all lying. This isn’t an investigation into Trump after all, it’s a coverup for what lil berry, HRC, Brennan, Clapper,Comey, McCabe, Strzok et al did.

Most intelligent people would call it for what it is... a SOFT COUP.

Exactly and I hope the President just keeps working on the economy, the border and the illegals and doesn't let the hawks in his administration push him into a war with Iran.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s65154ZJP0c
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:35 am

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/repor ... us-enemies

"Washington, D.C. – A bombshell report by True Pundit revealed that former FBI Director Robert Mueller and former Attorney General Eric Holder colluded with James Comey, who was at the time a general counsel for Lockheed Martin, to shut down an FBI investigation into the international theft of U.S. stealth defense technology from a small Florida company.

The company had developed proprietary technology to protect nuclear submarines and Navy shops from being seen on sonar and radar."
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 am

Fact Finder wrote:Whatever Trump was doing with EU Junker certainly made the markets happy. A 100 point down day turned into 175 up in the last hour of trading. After hours are looking good at the moment. Can't wait for details on the EU tariff negotiations.

He won of course!
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 pm

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33587/br ... n-saavedra

BREAKING: Obama Knowingly Funded Designated Al-Qaeda Affiliate

A new report released on Wednesday revealed that the Obama administration knowingly provided an Islamic terrorist-financing organization with hundreds of thousands of dollars despite the fact that the group had been designated as a terrorist-financing organization for a decade by the U.S. government.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Sessions and Ryan can go with him.

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday defended his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, and took a swipe at fellow Republicans in Congress who moved to impeach Rosenstein, who oversees the federal probe of Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election.

“My deputy, Rod Rosenstein, is highly capable. I have the highest confidence in him,” Sessions said during an appearance in Boston.

“What I would like Congress to do is to focus on some of the legal challenges that are out there,” including illegal immigration, the attorney general added.

He has to defend him because he's hiding behind him.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:26 am

Fact Finder wrote:Michael Cohen recorded phone call with CNN’s Cuomo: report

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39898 ... omo-report

Cuomo is as big a hypocrite as his brother.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:55 am

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday defended his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, and took a swipe at fellow Republicans in Congress who moved to impeach Rosenstein, who oversees the federal probe of Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election.

“My deputy, Rod Rosenstein, is highly capable. I have the highest confidence in him,” Sessions said during an appearance in Boston.

“What I would like Congress to do is to focus on some of the legal challenges that are out there,” including illegal immigration, the attorney general added.

Seems to me this furthers the suggestion the Sessions is either part of the deep state or scared to death of it. As far as Sessions statement about Congress, maybe they could focus on other things is Sessions would be doing his own damn job.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Boomchild wrote:

Seems to me this furthers the suggestion the Sessions is either part of the deep state or scared to death of it. As far as Sessions statement about Congress, maybe they could focus on other things is Sessions would be doing his own damn job.

Trump may have been ill advised on some of his appointments. Sessions is a prime example of that and now Trump is caught in their web. None of the "shit" that should hit the fan ever will. Face it, we're fucked. Make no mistake about it, this country is being run by operatives that Trump has no control over and it's just gonna keep getting worse. The election process is a joke. Wealthy global powers have the pull and we are just idiots who wander into voting booths every 4 years. I feel so powerless. We don't make a difference and nobody cares about us peons.
steveo777
MP3

Postby brandonx76 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:05 am

steveo777 wrote:None of the "shit" that should hit the fan ever will. Face it, we're fucked. Make no mistake about it, this country is being run by operatives that Trump has no control over and it's just gonna keep getting worse. The election process is a joke. Wealthy global powers have the pull and we are just idiots who wander into voting booths every 4 years. I feel so powerless. We don't make a difference and nobody cares about us peons.

Have to agree..So much corruption on both sides...the establishment is happy/wealthier...only the lessor of 2 evils is the tradition...trying to keep chin up tho. p.s. hello neighbor (Orangevalian)
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:10 am

Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby SF-Dano » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:59 am

brandonx76 wrote:
steveo777 wrote:None of the "shit" that should hit the fan ever will. Face it, we're fucked. Make no mistake about it, this country is being run by operatives that Trump has no control over and it's just gonna keep getting worse. The election process is a joke. Wealthy global powers have the pull and we are just idiots who wander into voting booths every 4 years. I feel so powerless. We don't make a difference and nobody cares about us peons.

Have to agree..So much corruption on both sides...the establishment is happy/wealthier...only the lessor of 2 evils is the tradition...trying to keep chin up tho. p.s. hello neighbor (Orangevalian)

Yes. And living in California, it is all to obvious.

p.s. howdy neighbors (Citrus Heights)
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:27 am

Memorex wrote:No go zone in Australia. https://youtube.com/watch?v=LqY4Z1fTrMc

If that can happen it can happen here and I've been told that it is in fact happening here in Virginia and also in Minnesota.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ohsherrie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:30 am

What, if anything, has the President done that could legitimately be considered obstruction of justice? I think that threat has a lot to do with his reluctance to mess with Sessions and the DOJ.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:25 am

ohsherrie wrote:

If that can happen it can happen here and I've been told that it is in fact happening here in Virginia and also in Minnesota.

I live in MN. I am told there are certain parts of St. Paul that would be referred to as no go zones. I haven't been to those spots, so I couldn't say for sure.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby ohsherrie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:21 am

Memorex wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:

I live in MN. I am told there are certain parts of St. Paul that would be referred to as no go zones. I haven't been to those spots, so I couldn't say for sure.

What I've heard is there is an isolated community somewhere in the state. I didn't get the impression it was in the cities.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:31 pm

Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ohsherrie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:41 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/26/us/p ... ction.html

Mueller Examining Trump’s Tweets in Wide-Ranging Obstruction Inquiry

WASHINGTON — For years, President Trump has used Twitter as his go-to public relations weapon, mounting a barrage of attacks on celebrities and then political rivals even after advisers warned he could be creating legal problems for himself.

Those concerns now turn out to be well founded. The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, is scrutinizing tweets and negative statements from the president about Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to three people briefed on the matter.

Several of the remarks came as Mr. Trump was also privately pressuring the men — both key witnesses in the inquiry — about the investigation, and Mr. Mueller is examining whether the actions add up to attempts to obstruct the investigation by both intimidating witnesses and pressuring senior law enforcement officials to tamp down the inquiry.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:58 pm

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:03 am

Very fair breakdown of the economic news courtesy of liberal economist, Dean Baker:

"Donald Trump has gotten some well-deserved ridicule his boasts about the "amazing" economy. While the 4.1 percent growth figure reported for the second quarter is impressive, it is hardly qualifies as amazing. There were four quarters in the Obama years with faster growth. Going back before the Great Recession there were many quarters with much more rapid growth. My favorite is the second quarter of 1978, back when Jimmy Carter was president, and the economy grew at a 16.4 percent rate.

But getting beyond Donald Trump's conception of "amazing," the real issues are whether the rate is sustainable and whether Trump's policies deserve credit. On the second point, his tax cut almost certainly deserves some of the credit for the quarter's growth. The tax cut is putting more than $150 billion into people's pockets this year. While it is true that the bulk of this money is going to the rich, who will spend a smaller share of their tax cut than a middle income household, the extent to which they will increase their spending is not zero.

A quick check on whether people are spending their tax cut is the saving rate. If people are not spending the tax cut, the saving rate should jump. There has been a modest increase, with an average of 7.0 percent in first half of 2018 compared to 6.7 percent for 2017. This would suggest that people are spending the bulk of the their tax cuts. This assessment requires an important qualification: savings data are subject to very large revisions, so when we have the final data for the first half of 2018, it may look very different from what the numbers show now.

Consumption increased at a 4.0 percent annual rate in the quarter, making it the largest contributor to the quarter's growth. This is largely a bounce back from weak growth of 0.5 percent in the first quarter. The two quarter average is 2.3 percent, which is respectable, but hardly exceptional. It is certainly plausible that consumption will continue to grow at roughly this pace.

Non-residential investment grew at a 7.3 percent annual rate, adding 0.98 percentage points to growth for the quarter. This is respectable rate, but hardly in keeping with the investment boom story that provided the rationale for the corporate tax cut.

Furthermore, the biggest factor in the jump in investment was an increase in investment in mining structures (primarily oil and gas drilling) of 97.1 percent. While this increase may be partly attributable to Trump's drill everywhere policy, the more likely cause is the increase in world oil prices from around $40 a barrel three years ago to close to $70 today.

There were similar increases in spending on drilling under Obama. For example, it rose at 84.5 percent and 65.9 percent annual rates in the first and second quarters of 2010 as energy prices jumped back from recession lows. Whether or not Trump gets credit depends on whether we think he is responsible for the rise of world oil prices.

Much has been made of a surge in exports that seems to be the result of an effort by foreigners to stock up in anticipation of retaliatory tariffs. This is very plausible. Net exports added 1.06 percentage points to growth. This surge will not recur in future quarters. That means net exports will likely be a drag on growth.

However, this effect will be largely offset by inventories. A reduction in inventories subtracted a percentage point from growth in the second quarter. This component will almost certainly add to growth in the next two quarters.

One item that deserves attention is the 1.1 percent drop in residential investment, the second consecutive quarterly decline. This is a modest drag on growth, but more importantly it indicates that housing construction may be leveling off. This means that we may not see the increase in housing supply needed to put a check on rental inflation.

The Fed's interest rate hikes are the immediate culprit here, as the anticipation of higher short-term rates have caused the 30-year mortgage rate to increase by roughly a percentage point from levels of two years ago. The tax cuts do play a role also, since the Fed is (rightly or wrongly) responding to what it sees as the risk that the tax cuts may over-stimulate the economy, causing inflation.

On net, we can say that the economy is likely getting some near-term boost from the tax cut, which could lead to a growth rate of close to 3.0 percent in 2018. It is difficult to see this persisting into 2019, unless we see a pick up in productivity growth as the labor market tightens and employers are forced to pay higher wages.

It is important to point out that for almost everyone but economist types, growth does not mean anything. People care about whether they have a job and whether their pay is rising. On the last point, the news has not been good, as real wages have been flat over the last year.

However, it is important to note that without the increase in energy prices they would have risen 0.5-0.7 percent. That is not a great story given how much ground has to be made up for workers to get their share of growth, but at least it is movement in the right direction. And, as the energy price hikes of last summer move out of the 12-month window, we will be looking at real wage gains of 0.5 to 0.7 percent, what workers were seeing before Donald Trump became president."
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara