Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 am

Monker wrote:If you respected the privacy of PM's, you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place.


Ahem...

"Andrew said some things to me that caused me to rethink and stick around. I haven't answered the question because it is private conversation between Andrew and I - and none of the forums damn business."


Why did you violate the sanctity of this private convo and bring it up? Hypocrite much?

Monker wrote:The bottom line is that you played it and gave up where the idea came from that Andrew and I had a similar conversation. You and Team Exiles are wrong - it never happened.


Having received messages asking me to attack right wingers first-hand, combined with your history of lying, I don't believe you. I wouldn't be surprised if an SOS went out to all posters left of center.

Monker wrote:Well, if you don't like it, nobody is stopping you from leaving.


Oh sure. And if you dislike me disliking something, you're free to leave too. And if another poster dislikes you disliking me disliking something, he or she can leave next. And then if a poster dislikes the poster who dislikes you disliking me disliking something, they can also go. And then if a poster dislikes the poster who dislikes the poster who dislikes you disliking me disliking something, they can also go. Before you know it, we will have created the first online forum droste effect!

Monker wrote:"I think we know..." Well, I know for a fact that you didn't, until I explained it...Now, just like many things, you don't like reality so you reject it and make up your own.


From "Bazinga" to "I read it in an email", your explanations are utterly worthless. Jussie Smollett has more credibility than you.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:10 am

Monker wrote:I didn't say anything about left leaning media covering exclusively liberals.


You said: "This is NOT an article that would be in a liberal leaning site because NONE OF THOSE INVOLVED ARE LIBERALS."

The subject of the article is prominent discredited warmongers. Liberal magazines still routinely discuss the war crimes of Kissinger. I stand by what I said. This is precisely the type of article you would read on Mother Jones or The Nation.

Monker wrote:I am saying this article has NOTHING to do with liberalism - at all. It is about Republicans vs. Republicans. How many times has Tucker Carlson published an article in Mother Jones or The Nation?


Well, to be factual, Tucker has been published in the liberal New Republic and had his own show on PBS and MSNBC. The MSNBC show actually gave Maddow her TV start. I'm not arguing that Tucker is a liberal. My point is, increasingly, I hear anti-war sentiment from the right. The paradigm has flipped.

Monker wrote: He is NOT writing to a liberal audience...he is writing to an alt-right, Trump zombie, audience. Therefore, it would never be in liberal media.


You're debating something else entirely.


Monker wrote:"war mongers" who are traditional Republicans who either left the party in disgust or are highly critical of Donald Trump.


Bill Kristol and Max Boot are neocons. Neocons were originally liberals and really only gained control of the GOP in the Bush/Cheney era. Not "traditional republicans" by any stretch.

Monker wrote:Well, I didn't read this article closely. I'm sure it was very critical about Donald Trump and Venezuala. "If you choose this path, you will find no safe harbor, no easy exit and no way out. You’ll lose everything." Or, how Trump lied about leaving Syria. It's all about critiquing war mongers, like Trump.


It's an excerpt from a book that was written before any of that even happened. Since you clearly didn't even read the article, and are just attempting to burn down the forum, there's no reason to further discuss this.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:43 am

Monker wrote:Cuba was an enemy of Democracy as well. How big was their economy 10yrs ago? North Korea is an enemy of democracy, how big is their economy? China is an enemy of democracy, too. My point is, when all of these communist countries get together and act together like a swarm, THEN they are dangerous.


Russia isn't communist. China is communist in name only. Also, you believe the president of your own country was illegitimately elected. If that's the case, why would any monarchy or oligarchy (or whatever) want to emulate us? You're undermining democracy from within every day.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:25 am

Didn't watch the Cohen testimony, but I did read it. Doubtful that it will change anybody's mind. Cohen, of all people, should know whether there was any Russian collusion. Even on that count, he had no specifics. Stone, like Trump, has always been a lying hype man. While he claimed to be talking with Wikileaks, Wikileaks always denied that. Even if that were true, associating with Wikileaks is not crime. If it was, alot of people - including the NYTimes and WaPo - are going to jail.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:18 am

Buried in the middle of the outrage du jour regarding Kushner's security clearance

Kusher "never received a higher-level designation that would have given him access to need-to-know intelligence known as sensitive compartmented information" and "...the president has the legal authority to grant a clearance, in most cases,..."

In other words, while unusual it's legal.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby RPM » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:20 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Buried in the middle of the outrage du jour regarding Kushner's security clearance

Kusher "never received a higher-level designation that would have given him access to need-to-know intelligence known as sensitive compartmented information" and "...the president has the legal authority to grant a clearance, in most cases,..."

In other words, while unusual it's legal.


Unusual but legal. That may just sum up 8 years of President T r U m P.
meanwhile there will be a record number of house investigations concluding that same result
at our expense of course.....
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby S2M » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:33 am

RPM wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Buried in the middle of the outrage du jour regarding Kushner's security clearance

Kusher "never received a higher-level designation that would have given him access to need-to-know intelligence known as sensitive compartmented information" and "...the president has the legal authority to grant a clearance, in most cases,..."

In other words, while unusual it's legal.


Unusual but legal. That may just sum up 8 years of President T r U m P.
meanwhile there will be a record number of house investigations concluding that same result
at our expense of course.....


Meanwhile at the CPAC convention :roll: :roll:

150 minutes of mental retardation. This guy needs help.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:03 am

S2M wrote:
Meanwhile at the CPAC convention :roll: :roll:

150 minutes of mental retardation. This guy needs help.


I like politics, but I don't have time to watch a 2hr+ speech.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 am

S2M wrote:150 minutes of mental retardation. This guy needs help.


What did you expect? Line after line of scholarly discourse? The guy's a dumbsh!t. All he does is repeat himself and wag a finger.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6291
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby S2M » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:05 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
S2M wrote:
Meanwhile at the CPAC convention :roll: :roll:

150 minutes of mental retardation. This guy needs help.


I like politics, but I don't have time to watch a 2hr+ speech.


Here are some outtakes ;

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2019/03/03/snl-trump-cpac-speech-orig.cnn
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:04 am

S2M wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
S2M wrote:
Meanwhile at the CPAC convention :roll: :roll:

150 minutes of mental retardation. This guy needs help.


I like politics, but I don't have time to watch a 2hr+ speech.


Here are some outtakes ;

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2019/03/03/snl-trump-cpac-speech-orig.cnn



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDfmyXOHOuc
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10135
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 pm



Enjoy Bill Maher while you can. The Covington kid's lawyer is taking his lying ass to the cleaners - among others.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:29 am

Well, the Mueller report has been handed to the AG. It has been confirmed by multiple sources that there are no additional indictments. Some charges could still come out of the Southern District of New York, but as far as Russian collusion goes, that's a wrap. To quote Glenn Greenwald, "not one single American was charged, indicted or convicted for conspiring with Russia to influence the 2016 election - not even a low-level volunteer. "

Everybody banned on here should be re-instated. Those who believed with fervent conviction that Trump and his family would be indicted should refrain from discussing politics ever again. As I said from the beginning, the Russia BS was the biggest and most obvious con-job perpetrated on the American public since Iraqi WMDs.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby RPM » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:12 am

Indeed it will go down in American History as a complete travesty.
wasted millions of dollars , there better be resignations after this fiasco.
And for the record the Clinton impeachment and investigation by the Republicans
was also a ridiculous waste of money and time. They pull power plays on each other
and we foot the bill.....
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:11 pm

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Memorex » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:19 am

I do not like, at all, the comparison of WMDs and Russia-Gate. Two completely different things. Both were false. Both were based on lies. Both were based on deception and that's where the comparisons end.

With WMDs, you had highly respected individuals laying out "facts" in a very methodical fashion. The media bought it. Congress bought it. The American people and much of the world bought it. In fact, much of it was the best intelligence we had and was believed to be true. But of course, not all of it.

With Russia-Gate, there were zero facts laid out. There was zero justification. The reasons given for any kind of investigation were laughable at best. Not a single breathing intelligent person that looked at it fairly believed for a second that Trump had colluded with Russia or was an agent of Putin. All media new it was false, which is why they passed on reporting on the dossier in the first place. Not one politician believed it. No one in the FBI or Justice department believed it. It was known by all sides at all times that it was nothing.

When you have top commentators on CNN being secretly recorded saying there is nothing there, but go on TV and act as though it's the biggest crime in American history, that is not a WMD moment. That is a fraud against the world, knowingly, deceptively, and unprofessionally. When you have congress members and Senators that have been involved in deep investigations, and have seen not one shred of evidence of collusion, and yet you talk about impeachment as if it's a done deal, that is not a WMD moment. That is politics at it's worse. And they will continue that despite it being against the American way of potential crime before investigation.

There are intelligent people here on this board that have fought so hard to get us to believe this shit. If they ever believed it themselves, I feel sorry for their brain. It would be like going to a hooker and after you paid her $100, believing what she said about you being "different than all the other guys". Your brain would have to want to be that gullible.

All anyone would have to do is rewind to the start of it all, ask themselves honestly what caused there to be a special council. Anyone above the age of 4 would see that there was zero justification. All the rest is bullshit. I feel sorry for people that are that fucked up in the head. I do not feel sorry for people that believed there were WMDs. Two completely different things.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby RPM » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:17 am

Memorex wrote:I do not like, at all, the comparison of WMDs and Russia-Gate. Two completely different things. Both were false. Both were based on lies. Both were based on deception and that's where the comparisons end.

With WMDs, you had highly respected individuals laying out "facts" in a very methodical fashion. The media bought it. Congress bought it. The American people and much of the world bought it. In fact, much of it was the best intelligence we had and was believed to be true. But of course, not all of it.

With Russia-Gate, there were zero facts laid out. There was zero justification. The reasons given for any kind of investigation were laughable at best. Not a single breathing intelligent person that looked at it fairly believed for a second that Trump had colluded with Russia or was an agent of Putin. All media new it was false, which is why they passed on reporting on the dossier in the first place. Not one politician believed it. No one in the FBI or Justice department believed it. It was known by all sides at all times that it was nothing.

When you have top commentators on CNN being secretly recorded saying there is nothing there, but go on TV and act as though it's the biggest crime in American history, that is not a WMD moment. That is a fraud against the world, knowingly, deceptively, and unprofessionally. When you have congress members and Senators that have been involved in deep investigations, and have seen not one shred of evidence of collusion, and yet you talk about impeachment as if it's a done deal, that is not a WMD moment. That is politics at it's worse. And they will continue that despite it being against the American way of potential crime before investigation.

There are intelligent people here on this board that have fought so hard to get us to believe this shit. If they ever believed it themselves, I feel sorry for their brain. It would be like going to a hooker and after you paid her $100, believing what she said about you being "different than all the other guys". Your brain would have to want to be that gullible.

All anyone would have to do is rewind to the start of it all, ask themselves honestly what caused there to be a special council. Anyone above the age of 4 would see that there was zero justification. All the rest is bullshit. I feel sorry for people that are that fucked up in the head. I do not feel sorry for people that believed there were WMDs. Two completely different things.


Excellent post. You make very valid points, well said!
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Andrew » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:16 am

I suppose I should comment, given the enthusiasm I have for Donald Duck.

To preface - I had no reason to doubt this report or the people behind the investigation. I do think that The Don is milking the publicised summary conclusion a little hard. The line “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him” requires more explanation and the full report MUST be tabled. Even if only to conclude this and take lingering conspiracies down a notch.

Plus there are several other investigations into his business dealings and tax avoidance etc...

But I am surprised with the conclusions thus far. And I'm certainly disappointed his wretched kids aren't getting more heat. But I'm happy to continue waiting this out and see where things lead and what history ultimately concludes. I mean there are still so many questions...Russian intelligence in the oval office, secret meetings with Putin where no record is taken, his love of Putin and Kim Dong Kong above AMerican intelligence agencies is WTF?

He certainly can't sweep under the carpet the fact that every key figure in his campaign is in/going to jail. Not suss at all!!! Manafort seems to have kept his mouth shut very effectively. Expect dodgy pardons all-round to be issued.

In concluding - I have no doubt that Don's a crook, but how/when he gets done remains a mystery. He's a slippery eel. Russia sure wanted him in control, but on face value, it appears he has dodged the bullet for now.

For the record - I still think he is the stupidest, dumbest, most unsuitable, narcissistic, moronic, hypocritical, lying, self-promoting, creepy, asshole world leader in history and the majority of the rest of the world still thinks so too.

But for now...on with the shitshow I guess.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9941
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Andrew wrote:I suppose I should comment, given the enthusiasm I have for Donald Duck.

To preface - I had no reason to doubt this report or the people behind the investigation. I do think that The Don is milking the publicised summary conclusion a little hard. The line “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him” requires more explanation and the full report MUST be tabled. Even if only to conclude this and take lingering conspiracies down a notch.


The quote "does not exonerate him" is specifically about obstruction of justice. Not collusion. On the topic of Russian collusion, the report could not be any more clear:

The "investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."


Your unnamed SIGNT sources were lying to you.

Andrew wrote:But I am surprised with the conclusions thus far. And I'm certainly disappointed his wretched kids aren't getting more heat. But I'm happy to continue waiting this out and see where things lead and what history ultimately concludes. I mean there are still so many questions...Russian intelligence in the oval office, secret meetings with Putin where no record is taken, his love of Putin and Kim Dong Kong above AMerican intelligence agencies is WTF?


On the topic of Russian collusion, history has been concluded. It's over. Whether you can make peace with the fact that you were lied to, is up to you.

As for intelligence agencies...what a laugh. Didn't JFK want to splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and throw it into the wind? In addition to BS wars that kill millions (Vietnam, Iraq), intel agencies are responsible for this sham special investigation that just tore this country (and forum) apart.

Andrew wrote:He certainly can't sweep under the carpet the fact that every key figure in his campaign is in/going to jail. Not suss at all!!! Manafort seems to have kept his mouth shut very effectively. Expect dodgy pardons all-round to be issued.


Like who? Manafort left the campaign. Stone left the campaign. Actual key figures, (Kellyanne Conway, Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller, Brad Parscale, etc.) aren't going anywhere. Now that the Russian collusion myth has imploded, it's time to stop the lies.

Andrew wrote:Russia sure wanted him in control, but on face value, it appears he has dodged the bullet for now.


Moscow wanted Obama over Romney. Did you say anything on here about that? Right now, the US wants Guido in control of Venezuela over Maduro.
So, tell me, when exactly is it OK for a country to have a preference in another country's election?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:14 am

Memorex wrote:I do not like, at all, the comparison of WMDs and Russia-Gate. Two completely different things. Both were false. Both were based on lies. Both were based on deception and that's where the comparisons end.

With WMDs, you had highly respected individuals laying out "facts" in a very methodical fashion. The media bought it. Congress bought it. The American people and much of the world bought it. In fact, much of it was the best intelligence we had and was believed to be true. But of course, not all of it.

With Russia-Gate, there were zero facts laid out. There was zero justification. The reasons given for any kind of investigation were laughable at best. Not a single breathing intelligent person that looked at it fairly believed for a second that Trump had colluded with Russia or was an agent of Putin. All media new it was false, which is why they passed on reporting on the dossier in the first place. Not one politician believed it. No one in the FBI or Justice department believed it. It was known by all sides at all times that it was nothing.

When you have top commentators on CNN being secretly recorded saying there is nothing there, but go on TV and act as though it's the biggest crime in American history, that is not a WMD moment. That is a fraud against the world, knowingly, deceptively, and unprofessionally. When you have congress members and Senators that have been involved in deep investigations, and have seen not one shred of evidence of collusion, and yet you talk about impeachment as if it's a done deal, that is not a WMD moment. That is politics at it's worse. And they will continue that despite it being against the American way of potential crime before investigation.

There are intelligent people here on this board that have fought so hard to get us to believe this shit. If they ever believed it themselves, I feel sorry for their brain. It would be like going to a hooker and after you paid her $100, believing what she said about you being "different than all the other guys". Your brain would have to want to be that gullible.

All anyone would have to do is rewind to the start of it all, ask themselves honestly what caused there to be a special council. Anyone above the age of 4 would see that there was zero justification. All the rest is bullshit. I feel sorry for people that are that fucked up in the head. I do not feel sorry for people that believed there were WMDs. Two completely different things.



It's not two completely different things AT ALL. There was ample evidence (Paul O’neill, downing street memo, Hans Blix, McClatchy news team, Scott Ritter etc) proving that the Iraq WMD lie was bullshit. As with dissenting voices during Russiagate, those voices were ignored. You mention “highly respected individuals” laying out the case for Iraq WMDs. Well, what about government officials like Brennan, Clapper, etc. making the case for Trump's Putin ties? If you don’t see the similarities, you are not looking closely.

In both cases, there were government documents (Iraq’s NIE report, Russiagate's ODNI report) riddled with flaws. There was a dedicated office, the office of special plans, whose singular job was to cherry pick raw intel and turn it into talking points for Iraq War. Brennan, meanwhile, had a secluded task force of hand picked analysts dealing with Russian interference. It goes on and on. Both were obvious politically motivated con-jobs aided and abetted by an unquestioning media.

____________________________________



To quote journalist Michael Tracey:

"Somehow it never occurred to screeching liberals and leftists that many of the exact same people who sold the Iraq War on false pretense (intelligence officials, neocon elites, security state hawks, John McCain) also sold Trump/Russia on false pretenses.

It wasn't as if all the Iraq War intelligence was 100% totally fabricated. A portion of it was at least grounded in some semblance of reality. The problem was that it was molded to conform to an ideologically-driven preordained narrative, and countervailing evidence was rejected.

So it goes with Trump/Russia. Disparate nuggets of legitimate information were confabulated, without merit, into an ideologically-driven narrative that satisfied and titillated anti-Trump forces throughout government and media. And the result, predictably, was disaster."


______________________________________

To quote Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi:

“The WMD mess had massive real-world negative impact, leading to over a hundred thousand deaths and trillions in lost taxpayer dollars. Unless Russiagate leads to a nuclear conflict, we’re unlikely to ever see that level of consequence.

Still, Russiagate has led to unprecedented cooperation between the government and Internet platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Google, all of which are censoring pages on the left, right, and in between in the name of preventing the 'sowing of discord.' The story also had a profound impact on the situation in places like Syria, where Russian and American troops have sat across the Euphrates River from one another, two amped-up nuclear powers at a crossroads.

As a purely journalistic failure, however, WMD was a pimple compared to Russiagate. The sheer scale of the errors and exaggerations this time around dwarfs the last mess. Worse, it’s led to most journalists accepting a radical change in mission. We’ve become sides-choosers, obliterating the concept of the press as an independent institution whose primary role is sorting fact and fiction.

We had the sense to eventually look inward a little in the WMD affair, which is the only reason we escaped that episode with any audience left. Is the press even capable of that kind of self-awareness now? WMD damaged our reputation. If we don’t turn things around, this story will destroy it.”
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:26 am

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:37 am

Monker wrote:The only thing Trump is getting close to is resigning or being impeached. By the end of next year, one of the two will happen...or he'll go to sleep and not wake up.


Any updates on this post from 2017?

Monker wrote:Mueller is going to start putting pressure on Jr., Ivanka, and Kushner. If they end up being charged and indicted, I fully expect Trump to make a deal, resign from office, and Pence to pardon him...in return for charges being dropped against his family. I said that months ago, BTW.

As far as charges being files against Trump. That isn't likely to happen while Trump is in office. Mueller will try to follow to follow the "a sitting President can not be indicted" protocol. However, a sitting President can obviously be impeached. So, if Trump doesn't resign, Mueller will take all of his evidence, write a damning report, and drop in congresses lap to give them a chance to impeach. If they don't, I would not be surprised if Trump is not indicted after he loses the 2020 election.


How did this prediction work out?

Monker wrote:By the end of this, Mueller may be able to tell Trump to resign the Presidency or he will charge his entire family with multiple crimes and put them in jail for decades, and recommend that he be impeached.


Y'know, maybe Mueller is just playing the really long game.

Monker wrote:We are not talking only "foreign influence" but the President of the United States following the orders of our enemy. THAT IS TREASON. That is an indefensible crime.


Clearly, Mueller is also compromised by Putin. Maybe Putin has pee-pee tapes on everybody. #RESIST! :roll:
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:29 am

And McConnell blocks the full release of the report. Not suss at all.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9941
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 am

Andrew wrote:And McConnell blocks the full release of the report. Not suss at all.


Would the release of the report remotely change the fact that no American was charged with collusion? The idea that the AG significantly altered Mueller's findings is ridiculous. It's time to let go.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:49 am

Release the full report. What’s so fucking hard about that?
It won’t stop being an issue unless it’s released in full. If he’s in the clear, there should be no problem. Then we can get on with life.
Taking only his hack’s summary of it is leaving too much in the dark.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9941
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:39 am

Andrew wrote:Release the full report. What’s so fucking hard about that?
It won’t stop being an issue unless it’s released in full. If he’s in the clear, there should be no problem. Then we can get on with life.
Taking only his hack’s summary of it is leaving too much in the dark.


And when the report is released in full, collusion conspiracy theorists will make more excuses and move more goal posts. If these conspiracy theorists had concerned themselves with the facts sooner (like, say, reading the ODNI report which partially blamed election interference on RT tv shows long off the air), they never would have fallen for this dumb shit to begin with. Instead people fell for whatever the media told them. Monker quoted the 17 intel agencies lie. You quoted the Guardian trash about Manafort meeting Assange. Those demanding the full report are reeling from falling for the most massive disinformation campaign in history. Trump and his allies owes you nothing. Start demanding answers from those that lied to you.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:58 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote: Those demanding the full report are reeling from falling for the most massive disinformation campaign in history. Trump and his allies owes you nothing. Start demanding answers from those that lied to you.


None of the above is known. Release the report.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9941
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Andrew wrote:None of the above is known. Release the report.


Of course it is. One only had to look at the Russian fb ads that allegedly influenced the election (Bernie in a speedo, Hillary arm wrestling Jesus) to know this whole thing was a pathetic joke.

And if Barr’s characterization of the report was at odds with Mueller’s findings, Mueller would say something.The special counsel wasted little time clarifying that Buzzfeed’s reporting was wrong.

Those explosive details about Trump being a “kiddie fucker” that your SIGINT sources constantly teased were right around the corner? Complete and utter bullshit.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:40 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Those explosive details about Trump being a “kiddie fucker” that your SIGINT sources constantly teased were right around the corner? Complete and utter bullshit.


No one has backed down from those claims. It all ties in with Jeffrey Epstein.

As for the rest - release the report. Not a 4 page summary from a guy that was against the investigation.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 9941
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:12 pm

Andrew wrote:No one has backed down from those claims. It all ties in with Jeffrey Epstein.


The only people making those claims are total crackpots. Where are your sources?
Trafficking in baseless Trump pedophile smears is far worse than anything KC or FF ever wrote.

This is some Alex Jones-level Pizzagate shit. Obscene.

Andrew wrote:As for the rest - release the report. Not a 4 page summary from a guy that was against the investigation.


Those that were against the investigation (like Barr) should wear that as a badge of honor.
It was based on obvious bullshit - wasted millions, destroyed lives, impaired US-Russian relations.
Those who were for it and fell for the greatest disinformation campaign in history - like you and Monker - should hang your heads in shame.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron