Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby verslibre » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:45 am

250K? Where — 90210 zip code of Beverly Hills?

It's much closer to 100K. And not all kids wear designer shoes, designer jeans, or get $20 for lunch everyday. :roll:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Monker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:56 am

verslibre wrote:250K? Where — 90210 zip code of Beverly Hills?

It's much closer to 100K. And not all kids wear designer shoes, designer jeans, or get $20 for lunch everyday. :roll:
'

What he is doing is posting a number that has no relation to how much a child receives on government assistance. For the "average income" American, it costs $238,000 total for the first child. That number goes up and down depending on income and where you live, and how many children came before. You can Google it, there are many sites that confirm this

But, to equate that number to how much taxpayers pay per child is a fallacy.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby Monker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 am

S2M wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Andrew wrote:Those were gentler times.


I recall having late night chats with Deano over AIM discussing what vulgar insults we would post next. They were NOT gentler. Let's cut the crap - Trump derangement syndrome has made otherwise sane people lose the plot. This board reflects that. The conservative posters did not change. You did.



Backtalk, and The Water Cooler weren't even THIS bad....even the Annex had its redeemable qualities. What's been going on HERE since 2016 has been nothing short of a tragedy.


BT had its own issues. It really was heavily censored. But, I always told all the Perryheads who were critical of the band that if you didn't like it, leave...the band could run the forum however they wanted. Eventually somebody there was critical of Styx. At that time, after Cyclorama, BBT, CYO, and several live CD's with new songs, I replied and made the argument that Styx was more active than Journey and was arguably having more success, and they were definitely doing more for their fans.
I received an Email from one of the admins saying that I was known as a long time supporter but I was becoming increasingly more critical of the band and needed to be more careful of what I was saying. I never posted there again...not out of spite, or whatever...but because they were right.

Hell, in one of the Facebook scifi forums I post to, somebody was posting about how tragic it was that some alien died in a show they watched. I replied and said, "Blue lives matter! :)" Within MINUTES, I received a FB msg saying my post was deleted because no political discussion was allowed, and if I kept it up that I would be kicked off the group. So, I check my political humor there...no big deal.

My point here is, that none of this should even be an issue or put up for a debate. Andrew runs the forum. If he says something shouldn't be posted here, then that is how it is. Putting it up for debate is disrespectful. If you don't like it and can't deal with it, leave. It's really that simple.

I remember the first forum I posted to, way back in the early 90's. Some guy was going off in what was an obvious insulting and disrespectful way....which was totally NOT TOLERATED. An admin told him to stop. The guy replied back and said it was censorship and threatened to leave and never post again. The admin replied back and said that was fine and that he deleted his account. Then he said that if anybody else wanted to leave, they were free to do so. He really didn't care one way or the other because there were tens of thousands of people out there. Every day people sign up, people sign-off...so it really made absolutely no difference to him Nowadays. there are literally hundreds of millions of people out there, so why care if a dozen people peel off to create a new forum to whine and bitch about things. It's their life to waste.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:52 pm

S2M wrote:Backtalk, and The Water Cooler weren't even THIS bad....even the Annex had its redeemable qualities.


Umm, BackTalk and The Water Cooler were strongly moderated by CJ. That's why most of us came here in the first place - because opinions were expressed without the heavy hand of censorship. As usual, you have no idea what you're even talking about.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13817
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:09 am

Andrew wrote:Cut the crap? Sure...why don’t we. I have lost countless hours of sleep over the years due to the various hijinx carried out in the name of shit stirring and testosterone fueled posturing on these forums.


You're changing the topic. You said "those were gentler times." And that's simply not true. There was vulgarity and sexism aplenty - especially aimed at conservative posters on here like Barb and Dave etc. I know because I saw it - and even wrote my fair share of it.

Andrew wrote: And you know what...I’m over it. And I’m over the condescending arrogance of your posts. I’m done with you and I’m done with this whole stupid fucking board.


Again, totally new topic. You are not addressing the content of what was said - and I am not willing to engage in personal attacks with you. Sorry.

Andrew wrote:Fuck me, it is the very definition of stupidity to waste another minute here.


Passionate debate is the lifeblood of politics and democracies. This thread is (or was) a microcosm of everything that makes America great. You fight ideas with ideas - not bully-boy censorship tactics pulled from the playbook of authoritarian China.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13817
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:38 am

Monker wrote:BT had its own issues. It really was heavily censored. But, I always told all the Perryheads who were critical of the band that if you didn't like it, leave...the band could run the forum however they wanted. Eventually somebody there was critical of Styx. At that time, after Cyclorama, BBT, CYO, and several live CD's with new songs, I replied and made the argument that Styx was more active than Journey and was arguably having more success, and they were definitely doing more for their fans.
I received an Email from one of the admins saying that I was known as a long time supporter but I was becoming increasingly more critical of the band and needed to be more careful of what I was saying. I never posted there again...not out of spite, or whatever...but because they were right.

Hell, in one of the Facebook scifi forums I post to, somebody was posting about how tragic it was that some alien died in a show they watched. I replied and said, "Blue lives matter! :)" Within MINUTES, I received a FB msg saying my post was deleted because no political discussion was allowed, and if I kept it up that I would be kicked off the group. So, I check my political humor there...no big deal.

My point here is, that none of this should even be an issue or put up for a debate. Andrew runs the forum. If he says something shouldn't be posted here, then that is how it is. Putting it up for debate is disrespectful. If you don't like it and can't deal with it, leave. It's really that simple.

I remember the first forum I posted to, way back in the early 90's. Some guy was going off in what was an obvious insulting and disrespectful way....which was totally NOT TOLERATED. An admin told him to stop. The guy replied back and said it was censorship and threatened to leave and never post again. The admin replied back and said that was fine and that he deleted his account. Then he said that if anybody else wanted to leave, they were free to do so. He really didn't care one way or the other because there were tens of thousands of people out there. Every day people sign up, people sign-off...so it really made absolutely no difference to him Nowadays. there are literally hundreds of millions of people out there, so why care if a dozen people peel off to create a new forum to whine and bitch about things. It's their life to waste.


Were those admins in your above examples also insulting posters and posting pedophile conspiracy theories?
You can't effectively moderate while engaging in "do as I say, not as I do."
It's like a boxing referee throwing a punch in the ring.
Either BS propaganda is OK or not. Can't be both.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13817
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Donald J Trump 'Covfefe & Hamberders' Thread

Postby S2M » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
S2M wrote:Backtalk, and The Water Cooler weren't even THIS bad....even the Annex had its redeemable qualities.


Umm, BackTalk and The Water Cooler were strongly moderated by CJ. That's why most of us came here in the first place - because opinions were expressed without the heavy hand of censorship. As usual, you have no idea what you're even talking about.



As usual, you need your fucking hand held with every fucking post. You don't have to tell me about Cj...I've had more contact with her than half the people here. She was constantly ripping me a new one...her and her posse. The fucking 'Rose-coloreds'

and that pitiful slime masquerading as a human...Maui Tom, and NvyBlue_sls...or whatever the fuck her name was.

Were you born a miscarriage, or did you study at Trump University?
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11969
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests