Hall and Oates/Tears for Fears Tour

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Hall and Oates/Tears for Fears Tour

Postby tj » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:13 am

Hall and Oates with Tears for Fears are touring together this summer. While I was mostly an AOR fan during the 80s, these were two groups that I listened to off and on. HO Change of Season is one of my favorite albums and I wore out two copies of TFF Songs from the Big Chair.

Would like to go see them, but health issues will probably keep me home again. Oh well, it will probably show up on youtube.
tj
Cassette Tape

Re: Hall and Oates/Tears for Fears Tour

Postby AR » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:25 am

Surprised this tour is booking major arenas. I like Hall and Oates and have seen them a few times but I don't see this pairing being that big a draw. Also H&O's sets aren't that long.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby StoneCold » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:53 am

Sounds like a good show. Hall is the big draw. TFF was pretty good but an odd matchup. TFF should be in a new wave revival show with a bunch of other new wavers.
StoneCold
Compact Disc

Postby tj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:00 am

StoneCold wrote:Sounds like a good show. Hall is the big draw. TFF was pretty good but an odd matchup. TFF should be in a new wave revival show with a bunch of other new wavers.

Seemed like an odd matchup to me as well, though I like both of them. IMO, TFF was more deep lyrically and musically than most of the new wave/80's pop rock groups.
tj
Cassette Tape

Return to Death By Stereo