OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby steveo777 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Fuck the NFL. Die in a fire!
I haven't watched a game all season and won't until they quit being political.
I agree with Peggy Hubbard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhPNjh0cX6o
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11298
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 am

The NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and major college Football and Basketball are all scripted anyway.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:34 am

steveo777 wrote:Fuck the NFL. Die in a fire!


Lol! Good luck with that. :lol:

As bad as the NFL ratings are down, networks would literally commit MURDER to be in their position, STILL. Even with ratings down, the NFL still brings in incredible numbers.

Out of the top 10 most watched television shows of the year, the NFL dominated 7 spots. I don't got the list in front of me but they got the top 4 or 5 spots with ease with only the Oscars and Drumpf's inauguration landing somewhere in between. It's just childs play.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Memorex » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
steveo777 wrote:Fuck the NFL. Die in a fire!


Lol! Good luck with that. :lol:

As bad as the NFL ratings are down, networks would literally commit MURDER to be in their position, STILL. Even with ratings down, the NFL still brings in incredible numbers.

Out of the top 10 most watched television shows of the year, the NFL dominated 7 spots. I don't got the list in front of me but they got the top 4 or 5 spots with ease with only the Oscars and Drumpf's inauguration landing somewhere in between. It's just childs play.


Makes you wonder why ESPN is talking about dropping MNF next year.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Thursday Night Football got to go. It serves no purpose to the players whatsoever. I bet the NFL is seriously going to consider scrapping the last two preseason games and go to the 18 game format real soon. If that happens, the entire format changes but TNF is worthless and not needed. To have Sunday games, Sunday Night games, Monday Night games and Thursday Night games is just way too much. Football isn't built that way. Go back to less is more.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Memorex » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Thursday Night Football got to go. It serves no purpose to the players whatsoever. I bet the NFL is seriously going to consider scrapping the last two preseason games and go to the 18 game format real soon. If that happens, the entire format changes but TNF is worthless and not needed. To have Sunday games, Sunday Night games, Monday Night games and Thursday Night games is just way too much. Football isn't built that way. Go back to less is more.


Agreed. Now that I am not watching football (or any sport), it really hits me how much time I was spending on it. It got ridiculous. Watching that Alabama game last night almost made me feel like an asshole for sitting there for more than an hour.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:19 am

What the NFL REALLY needs to do is seed the playoffs like the NBA. There's NO WAY a 12 win team, that didn't win its division, needs to travel TO an 8 win team that won a horrific division.

Either that, or just fucking win your division. NO wild cards. Realign. and get rid of WCs.

My thought is realign into an East, and a West conference. And teams only meet during SB. It would cut down on travel. East of Kansas....East Conference...West of KS....West Conference. 16 teams, and 16 teams....there's your schedule. You play everyone in your conference once. Everyone plays everyone.

Get rid of London games, and Mexico games. Cut pre-seson to TWO games. And I'd also consider contraction, in all sports. At least by 4-6 teams.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

I like the NFL Playoff format. It doesn't need changed and shouldn't change. It's not broken so don't fix it.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am

Memorex wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Thursday Night Football got to go. It serves no purpose to the players whatsoever. I bet the NFL is seriously going to consider scrapping the last two preseason games and go to the 18 game format real soon. If that happens, the entire format changes but TNF is worthless and not needed. To have Sunday games, Sunday Night games, Monday Night games and Thursday Night games is just way too much. Football isn't built that way. Go back to less is more.


Agreed. Now that I am not watching football (or any sport), it really hits me how much time I was spending on it. It got ridiculous. Watching that Alabama game last night almost made me feel like an asshole for sitting there for more than an hour.


Bro, stop being in denial and stop lieing to yourself and just watch the damn games lol. Why fight the urge.

The Alabama/Clemson game was never going to live up to the standard Georgia/Oklahoma set before it. I've never seen a more high scoring game that was filled with competitive momentum shifts in some time. If you are any sports fan, that game was appetizing on all levels and satisfied that craving. Loved it and I'm not a big college football fan.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:57 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I like the NFL Playoff format. It doesn't need changed and shouldn't change. It's not broken so don't fix it.



It does need changing. An 11-5 team shouldn't have to travel to an 8-8 team. Point blank. Top 6 teams in a conference make the playoffs, regardless of division.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Nah, I disagree. The emphasis on NFL football is on the divisions. It's straight forward. Win your division or pay the price. Divisional matchups and rivalries are what fuel the league. If you change that, divisional matchups and scheduling won't mean jack.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Nah, I disagree. The emphasis on NFL football is on the divisions. It's straight forward. Win your division or pay the price. Divisional matchups and rivalries are what fuel the league. If you change that, divisional matchups and scheduling won't mean jack.


Well...by allowing Wild Cards - you are devaluing the divisional matchups, and scheduling already. And you just said win your division or pay the price.

We can agree to disagree. One day you could have a 13-3, or 14-2 team not make the playoffs due to not winning a division, and having 2 WC teams with better records. Don't laugh...could happen. Hell, N.E. missed it in '09 going 11-5.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 pm

Most of the time, the Wild Cards allow more than one team from each division advance, which sets up two things:

#1. A rematch of a division foe for a third time in the post-season, which only straightens a rivalry further and

#2: Upsets and unpredictable runs from Wild Card teams that play spoiler and/or add parity to the format. It's needed.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Most of the time, the Wild Cards allow more than one team from each division advance, which sets up two things:

#1. A rematch of a division foe for a third time in the post-season, which only straightens a rivalry further and

#2: Upsets and unpredictable runs from Wild Card teams that play spoiler and/or add parity to the format. It's needed.


But that presupposes they deserved to be there. An 8-8 team that makes it to the SB is merely lucky that the format makes it such. Keeping a 12-4 team out because a lesser team won a division isn't parity, it's nonsense. You should want the 12 BEST teams in the playoffs.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Don't fix it if it's not broken. As you said, we'll agree to disagree 8)
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:12 am

What a pathetic NFL weekend. Not one of these teams has a snowball's chance of beating New England.

The league needs contraction. Subtract 4 to 6 teams, and this league becomes great again. Assuming the officiating issues are solved too.

Let's hope next weekend has actual competitive, QUALITY games.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 am

#Shallacking
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Memorex » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm

So for those saying the nfl is rigged, that missed tackle on the Vikings touchdown at the end of the game should be exhibit A. Probably more attributable to avoiding a low hit or interference call. But that was crazy looking.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Memorex wrote:So for those saying the nfl is rigged, that missed tackle on the Vikings touchdown at the end of the game should be exhibit A. Probably more attributable to avoiding a low hit or interference call. But that was crazy looking.


I agree, it looked suspicious. It's laughable how many missed tackles that there are in NFL games that are so clearly intentional misses.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 am

If the NFL was fixed, then they wouldn't have allowed the Jaguars to come into Pittsburgh and fuck the Steelers mother's. The league badly wanted a Steelers/Patriots title game since it would have been a ratings monster. Instead, significant amounts of NFL fans won't tune in. The result of the Vikings/Saints game was just another result of the NFL's problem with bad forms of tackling. That same lowering of the head paralyzed Ryan Shazier from the waist down. Players clearly aren't learning because they can't practice tackling with pads in practice any longer and that's the result.

Also, the NFL would rather have a HOF'er or Pro Bowlers like Brees or Ryan in the tournament but instead, they are stuck with Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Blake Bortles and ....Tom Brady. Stop with the fixed crap.

Enjoy your 6th ring Pats fans!
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:31 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:If the NFL was fixed, then they wouldn't have allowed the Jaguars to come into Pittsburgh and fuck the Steelers mother's. The league badly wanted a Steelers/Patriots title game since it would have been a ratings monster. Instead, significant amounts of NFL fans won't tune in. The result of the Vikings/Saints game was just another result of the NFL's problem with bad forms of tackling. That same lowering of the head paralyzed Ryan Shazier from the waist down. Players clearly aren't learning because they can't practice tackling with pads in practice any longer and that's the result.

Also, the NFL would rather have a HOF'er or Pro Bowlers like Brees or Ryan in the tournament but instead, they are stuck with Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Blake Bortles and ....Tom Brady. Stop with the fixed crap.

Enjoy your 6th ring Pats fans!


I disagree....somewhat. I couldn't care less about the Jax-Pitt game...neither team has a defense, no matter what the regular season stats say about Jax's D...and we all know that once Shazier went down, so did the offensive cohesiveness of Pitt's D.

I'm more concerned over the NO-MIN game...Williams broke TOO early, and was trying to avoid a PI call. That's #1. #2? The sportsbooks cleaned up with that win. Suspicious? You decide. Oh, and the SB is IN Minny. Even N.E. will be hard-pressed to win that game.

As far as the ATL=Philly game? Everyone knew where Ryan's ball was going on that last play....and that was the problem. Sometimes you have to do the unorthodox thing. The ENTIRE left side of the endzone was a ghost town. Have a RB flair out to the left side, and you win the game. SOOOO tired of the same play calls to the same 'stars'.

Play calling has lost more games in the history of the NFL than lack of talent. With the RIGHT play calling, the Browns could've beat Philly.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:If the NFL was fixed, then they wouldn't have allowed the Jaguars to come into Pittsburgh and fuck the Steelers mother's. The league badly wanted a Steelers/Patriots title game since it would have been a ratings monster. Instead, significant amounts of NFL fans won't tune in.

Also, the NFL would rather have a HOF'er or Pro Bowlers like Brees or Ryan in the tournament but instead, they are stuck with Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Blake Bortles and ....Tom Brady. Stop with the fixed crap.


The Steelers and Patriots are actually two of the most hated teams by people outside of those two teams fan-bases. And people are sick of seeing the same two teams playing each other over and over and over.

There are probably a lot of you who are sick of seeing the Warriors and Cavaliers play each other in the NBA Finals?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 am

Journey, didn't you say how the Steelers were going to win the Super Bowl because it is fixed for the death of Dan Rooney or something like that? The fact that the Patriots are one win away from the Super Bowl, the same team that has been in a tug of war; full onslaught FIGHT with the NFL Commissioner over the years, proves how impossible it is to fix the NFL. Teams like the Steelers/Patriots are franchise's that carry the league in Prime Time. If NFL fans hate the Steelers or Pats, the ratings don't reflect that. The fact of the matter is that Pittsburgh and New England are model franchise's. Hate is not necessarily a bad thing to those fanbase's enemy's. If anything, it's a good thing when other teams fans want to watch the Steelers or Patriots lose because that means they want to WATCH it happen. The Pats/Falcons Super Bowl was the most watched in the Pittsburgh market. Why? Because we wanted to see Brady go down. Plain and simple. Browns fans would have watched the Super Bowl if the Steelers played. Why? For the possibility of seeing them go down.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:46 am

S2M wrote: Oh, and the SB is IN Minny.


The NFC Championship is also in Philadelphia. Pump those breaks by referencing the league wanting the first home team to host a Super Bowl.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby S2M » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Journey, didn't you say how the Steelers were going to win the Super Bowl because it is fixed for the death of Dan Rooney or something like that? The fact that the Patriots are one win away from the Super Bowl, the same team that has been in a tug of war; full onslaught FIGHT with the NFL Commissioner over the years, proves how impossible it is to fix the NFL. Teams like the Steelers/Patriots are franchise's that carry the league in Prime Time. If NFL fans hate the Steelers or Pats, the ratings don't reflect that. The fact of the matter is that Pittsburgh and New England are model franchise's. Hate is not necessarily a bad thing to those fanbase's enemy's. If anything, it's a good thing when other teams fans want to watch the Steelers or Patriots lose because that means they want to WATCH it happen. The Pats/Falcons Super Bowl was the most watched in the Pittsburgh market. Why? Because we wanted to see Brady go down. Plain and simple. Browns fans would have watched the Super Bowl if the Steelers played. Why? For the possibility of seeing them go down.


Dilly Dilly! :lol: :lol:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 am

S2M wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Journey, didn't you say how the Steelers were going to win the Super Bowl because it is fixed for the death of Dan Rooney or something like that? The fact that the Patriots are one win away from the Super Bowl, the same team that has been in a tug of war; full onslaught FIGHT with the NFL Commissioner over the years, proves how impossible it is to fix the NFL. Teams like the Steelers/Patriots are franchise's that carry the league in Prime Time. If NFL fans hate the Steelers or Pats, the ratings don't reflect that. The fact of the matter is that Pittsburgh and New England are model franchise's. Hate is not necessarily a bad thing to those fanbase's enemy's. If anything, it's a good thing when other teams fans want to watch the Steelers or Patriots lose because that means they want to WATCH it happen. The Pats/Falcons Super Bowl was the most watched in the Pittsburgh market. Why? Because we wanted to see Brady go down. Plain and simple. Browns fans would have watched the Super Bowl if the Steelers played. Why? For the possibility of seeing them go down.


Dilly Dilly! :lol: :lol:


Image
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:54 am

The Jags v Vikes wouldn't fill 1/4 of the Hotels and restaurants in Minneapolis. Thus we have the Iggles and Pats.
Mom always told me “ you are what you eat”, so I avoid fruitcake.
User avatar
Fact Finder
MP3
 
Posts: 13306
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby scarab » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 am

The Vikings are picking up Kirk Cousins for 28 M a year for 3 years guaranteed. :shock:
My guess he goes down in the first game.
Case Keenum got them last year the NFC championship for 2M. 8)

I bet with all this $$$ they will lose the great players that helped them get there.
This sounds like the terrible Herschell Walker trade they did in the 80s.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Previous

Return to Earmuffs For The Blind

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests