Great White - Any fans here?

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Great White - Any fans here?

Postby steveo777 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:40 pm

I've been streaming their Essential Collection thru my Amazon Prime account. Wow!
Some of their own stuff and some covers, but I've gotta say fantastic.
If you have an amazon prime account, do it, you won't be disappointed!
I consider them a great rock group..but yeah, there was the venue that burned and killed a lot of people,
which fucked up Jack Russell and others for a long time. How could he not have PTSD after that?
steveo777
MP3

Re: Great White - Any fans here?

Postby TageRyche » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:22 pm

I am a fan of the band's music. And Jack Russell's version of the band released a really great album last year.

Given that this past week was the 15th anniversary of the Station nightclub fire, where I had someone who became a friend survive and someone I crushed on in high school die, it shouldn't be overlooked in such an offhand manner though.
TageRyche
8 Track

Postby steveo777 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:53 pm

TageRyche wrote:I am a fan of the band's music. And Jack Russell's version of the band released a really great album last year.

Given that this past week was the 15th anniversary of the Station nightclub fire, where I had someone who became a friend survive and someone I crushed on in high school die, it shouldn't be overlooked in such an offhand manner though.

Absolutely! That was a horrible tragedy for all involved. I'm sorry if I came off that way. I think Jack tried to drown his sorrow for many years after that happened. I can't imagine trying to live normally after that. Was a truly heartbreaking event. Survivor guilt is a bitch! I know a couple people who have live through small plane crashes, to be the only survivor.
steveo777
MP3

Postby conversationpc » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:42 am

I love every album this band did from "Once Bitten..." through "Let it Rock", "Psycho City" being my favorite.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby AR » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Mitch Malloy just became their new vocalist. Talented guy but an awful fit for the band. Totally sucks the life out of this one. Zzzzzzz

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwv12CuITU
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby steveo777 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:37 pm

AR wrote:Mitch Malloy just became their new vocalist. Talented guy but an awful fit for the band. Totally sucks the life out of this one. Zzzzzzz

Yeah well...I don't consider anything other than Jack Russell's Great White, to be Great White.
steveo777
MP3

Postby AR » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:57 pm

steveo777 wrote:
AR wrote:Mitch Malloy just became their new vocalist. Talented guy but an awful fit for the band. Totally sucks the life out of this one. Zzzzzzz

Yeah well...I don't consider anything other than Jack Russell's Great White, to be Great White.

Agreed.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby steveo777 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:12 pm

AR wrote:
steveo777 wrote:

Agreed.

Good morning, Ed! Both are out there. Recently, I had a friend tell me she was going to see Great White. I asked her if she was seeing Jack Russell's Great White, or Great White. She didn't know. A lot of people don't know the difference. Real deal, vs tribute.
steveo777
MP3

Return to Earmuffs For The Blind