'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:07 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Yes, I say that about Flash because it has been in development for what seems 10yrs.

Quick question!

Do you know the difference between "development" and "postproduction"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are ignoring my point. Do you realize that Batgirl was in the final stages of post-production and was STILL canceled?

No, you're moving the goalposts, which you've always enjoyed doing.

Postproduction = the film is essentially finished. It's the opposite of development (planning, it precedes preproduction).

Batgirl was screened. Feedback was not thrilling. It was canceled because it was part of the old regime's masterplan.

The Flash will be released.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:36 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:When did I do that?

You always do DC dirty, dude. You give DC films no leverage whatsoever and you openly state the whole shebang should "be sold to Universal."

You said I compare current movies to prepandemic movies. I have not done that. It is not true.

When DC movies are good, I say they are good: Aquaman, The Joker, Wonder Woman, even MoS
I have said positive things about all of those. But, for the most part, DC films are mediocre with a ton of flaws. BvS. Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, Justice League, etc...and I felt The Batman was boring.

Yes, I think DC would be better off if Universal bought WB and put DC completely on hold for a few years...fire EVERYBODY, and start completely over and even recast the roles. Put the Snyderverse in the grave with no hope at all of a return. Start with a blank slate with none of this bullshit of returning to the old cast or old story lines and setups. The current DCEU is a complete disaster.

IF Universal does buy WB, I doubt very much they will put up with the shit that has gone on and been released by DC for over 10yrs. No way. If a deal happens, they are going to aim at Marvel and there is no way they can going with the status quo. They need to hire a true Kevin Feige and hold standards up to the Dark Knight level of scrutiny...and bring credibility back to the brand.

And, HBO should be scared to for the same reasons. Fire everybody and rebrand it as Universal Online or something. This is a space that actually thought the Wonder Twins was a good idea for a DC series. LOL What a joke.

But Marvel keeps cranking out conveyor-style vanilla and you wave it through like a guy on the tarmac directing those big flying thingamajiggers with his orange sticks.
[/quote]

No I don't. I just don't post my thoughts on every single thing Marvel does.

Ms. Marvel - felt like a kids/teen show and only watched a couple episodes.
She Hulk - Was not even tempted to watch...thought it looked stupid.
Love and Thunder - Meh. Was OK, I guess. Tries too hard to be funny and needed more God Butchering.
Eternals - Meh. Ok, for what it was...but could have been much better. Interested to see what they do with Eros, if anything.

Werewolf By Night - Awesome...makes me excited for that side of the MCU. Bring on Blade if that is what they are going to do with the Marvel Monsterverse.

MultiVerse of Madness - Much under rated. Loved it. If released in China it would have been another billion dollar film, which it deserved to be.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:40 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:You are ignoring my point. Do you realize that Batgirl was in the final stages of post-production and was STILL canceled?

No, you're moving the goalposts, which you've always enjoyed doing.

No, you are just trying to argue schematics instead of the point I was making that the film has taken FOREVER to be released.

The Flash will be released.

Probably, but possibly not.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:35 am

Just watched WW84 for the first time. Man, what a messed up movie. Then after it was all over, it made me think. It doesn't say much for the movie when the extra scene in the credits is better than the movie itself. DC seems to repeat that a lot.

BTW, all the Wonder Woman flying around made me think of Isis. Black Adam, Shazam and Isis. That could make an interesting movie...but, probably not going to ever happen.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:56 am

Monker wrote:No, you are just trying to argue schematics instead of the point I was making that the film has taken FOREVER to be released.

Pandemic + reshoots (not counting Ezra's misbehavior, which also factors in).

It will be released. It's a more important film than Batgirl*, which is reportedly "CW" quality at best. Maybe if the old regime didn't want Batgirl to "replace" Batman, it would've worked. (The Batwoman show's terrible.)

*Don't forget, Batgirl is the film Joss Whedon was originally attached to direct. That says more than you think, lol.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:13 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:No, you are just trying to argue schematics instead of the point I was making that the film has taken FOREVER to be released.

Pandemic + reshoots (not counting Ezra's misbehavior, which also factors in).

It will be released. It's a more important film than Batgirl*, which is reportedly "CW" quality at best. Maybe if the old regime didn't want Batgirl to "replace" Batman, it would've worked. (The Batwoman show's terrible.)

*Don't forget, Batgirl is the film Joss Whedon was originally attached to direct. That says more than you think, lol.

Now you don't even remember the conversation:

I said:
Comparing the box office to prepandemic movies is also comparing apples and oranges.

You said:
Funny how you still do it when it serves you.

I said:
When did I do that?

Now you are off talking about why Flash was delayed and why Batgirl was canceled.

When did I compare current movies to prepandemic movies? As far as I know, I never have. The pandemic changed how movies are marketed and moved to streaming, or if they go straight to streaming, or a very short run in the theaters. So, comparing gross of today's movies to prepandemic movies is apples and oranges.

My only point about Batgirl is that it does not matter what stage a movie is in, it can be canceled. Batgirl was almost ready to release. Any movie can be canceled for any reason, including Black Adam not performing as well as the studio wants. If it becomes DC worst grossing movie, what then? It's no guarantee that Flash will be released, even at this point. It probably will be, but there is always a small chance that it won't. It also is not gaurantee that BAvSM will be released, or BA2, or MOS2. If BA falls flat, makes less than $500million, I would say it throws everything up in the air. WB needs a billion dollar film, not half that.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:17 pm

Just watched Grace's comments on Black Adam. She just nails it...repeating a lot of things I have said:

Non spoiler review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuoMhjy ... TheTrailer

Spoiler review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhqXMjf ... TheTrailer

Was it a hit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqti5Z9 ... TheTrailer

IMO, if BA was a 'hit' there would be no debate about it. If it had a 100million domestic weekend, nobody would have much of an argument. IMO, if it doesn't make $500mil total...it's not a big enough hit.

I also agree about Cavill not having a contract for any of these new movies. He only had a contract for cameos. He has to EARN MoS2 or a BAvsSM movie. The way it is, I don't know if he has.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:34 am

Official! He's baaack!!!!!

Dawn of hope! :!: :!: :!: :!:

"This is just a small taste. Your patience will be rewarded".

Dany Garcia: "My work here? Is done. *Hans Zimmer music plays*

You were saying Monkey? :mrgreen:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:30 am

I love his new suit btw! They combined the MoS suit and the BvS suit. PERFECTION *chefs kiss*
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:59 am

What I say is when I read things like, "The Instagram video had been in the works for weeks, with the timing eyed for after Black Adam’s opening weekend, when a good chunk of the audience would see his return. The timing also protected the movie’s theatrical experience." it sounds like a publicity stunt that only a pro-wrestler and his manager could contrive.

Nothing has changed.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:14 am

Bahahahahahhahahhaha. Okay, stud! :lol:

Henry Cavill will be having a huge interview this Wednesday live with MTV's Joshua Horowitz 's 7pm ET. Gotta love itttt.

It’s official. Henry Cavill is back as Superman. And the first place he’ll be having an in depth chat about the past, present, and future of Superman will be our LIVE #happysadconfused at @92ndStreetY this Wednesday night!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:32 am

Monker wrote:What I say is when I read things like, "The Instagram video had been in the works for weeks, with the timing eyed for after Black Adam’s opening weekend, when a good chunk of the audience would see his return. The timing also protected the movie’s theatrical experience." it sounds like a publicity stunt that only a pro-wrestler and his manager could contrive.

Nothing has changed.

Don't sit in the garage with the door down and the car running (carbon monoxide is very bad for you).

Henry waited till after the weekend to make his post. Did you miss that part? 8)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:33 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:What I say is when I read things like, "The Instagram video had been in the works for weeks, with the timing eyed for after Black Adam’s opening weekend, when a good chunk of the audience would see his return. The timing also protected the movie’s theatrical experience." it sounds like a publicity stunt that only a pro-wrestler and his manager could contrive.

Nothing has changed.

Don't sit in the garage with the door down and the car running (carbon monoxide is very bad for you).

Henry waited till after the weekend to make his post. Did you miss that part? 8)

So, now you are wishing death on me over this pathetic mind-fuck that Cavill and Dwayne are performing on their fans. Nice.

Sure, he waited until after the less then mediocre box office that Black Adam had to give a very generic announcement of "wait a few days". An announcement that has been PLANNED FOR WEEKS. Do you not understand that if Cavill had signed ANY contract for a new film he would have used this planned announce to, I don't know, ANNOUNCE IT? Can't you see that is what the plan was...but there is no contract to announce. NOTHING HAS CHANGED...Black Adam is sinking like a Rock and hasn't EARNED any sequels and they know it. It has not been announced ANYWHERE that a new contract has been signed. It's in your head because you want it to be...but, reality is different.

Black Adam is probably not even going to make a profit for WB. Do you not understand that a pathetic performance like that is not going to earn any future movie? Do you think a company struggling to pay off dept wants MORE debt?

It's also interesting to me how Feige is putting the death grip on DC by releasing the Quantumania trailer, will announce the Guardians Holiday Special trailer soon...sucking up the air for trending CBM movies. Then Wakanda Forever will probably debut with a weekend box office equal to the total run of BA to that date.

But, yeah, BA did super well and convinced WB to do MOS2. Sure it did.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:34 pm

So what? Do you not believe that Black Adams needs all the publicity it can get? That's the movie they need to sell.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Bahahahahahhahahhaha. Okay, stud! :lol:

Henry Cavill will be having a huge interview this Wednesday live with MTV's Joshua Horowitz 's 7pm ET. Gotta love itttt.

It’s official. Henry Cavill is back as Superman. And the first place he’ll be having an in depth chat about the past, present, and future of Superman will be our LIVE #happysadconfused at @92ndStreetY this Wednesday night!
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:52 am

Monker wrote:So, now you are wishing death on me over this pathetic mind-fuck that Cavill and Dwayne are performing on their fans. Nice.

No, I said the opposite: DON'T sit in the garage with the car idling. Some of the things you say make me wonder if you're breathing fumes. :lol:

Monker wrote:It's also interesting to me how Feige is putting the death grip on DC by releasing the Quantumania trailer

Those movies are perfect examples of the wafer-thin conveyor belt approach the GA has vocally grown tired of.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:53 am

Guess who is taking over the DCEU?!?
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:39 pm

Abitaman wrote:Guess who is taking over the DCEU?!?

As the old clown table that was the old WB regime under the DCEU comes to a final close, we now enter the "DC Studios; DCU" phase of world building. New era, new thread! Migrate on ova fukas.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:56 pm

Abitaman wrote:Guess who is taking over the DCEU?!?

James Gunn:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235248438/

Seems WB finally kicked the Rock to the curb and got ahead of Cavill's interview. Ooops. Maybe he will promote Black Adam now.

It's a business...and money talks a lot louder than a Rock ever can. Dwayne needs to check his ego at the door next time.
Monker
MP3

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara