Compact Disc

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 am

I saw that . CM felt strange from the get-go. For a movie to open that massive, there is absolutely no buzz about it anywhere. Typically these films garner mass water cooler talk hysteria and stick around. Talk for CM is a flatliner. Just odd with a film opening this big.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:20 pm

I think it's got to do with Aquaman killin' it overseas and Solo tanking. Disney bit it hard with that one.

Captain Marvel doing more than Black Panther overseas would be mighty fishy. Especially when over a quarter of the ratings/reviews are less than complimentary. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm

The Snap was originally planned for Endgame but Feige changed those plans at the last second for that to happen for IW. Reason? Shock value:

We talked about that ending for years and years and years… It was the reason to adapt Infinity Gauntlet. What was the most shocking thing we could do? End the movie with the Snap.

https://heroichollywood.com/thanos-sn

Snyder got bombasted and chastised for writing stuff for "shock value." :lol: The double standards continue.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:49 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:The Snap was originally planned for Endgame but Feige changed those plans at the last second for that to happen for IW. Reason? Shock value:

We talked about that ending for years and years and years… It was the reason to adapt Infinity Gauntlet. What was the most shocking thing we could do? End the movie with the Snap.

https://heroichollywood.com/thanos-sn

Snyder got bombasted and chastised for writing stuff for "shock value." :lol: The double standards continue.

They'll never end. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 am

The ink is dry: Levi and (director) Sandberg are coming back for mo' Shazam! The sequel is a go.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm

verslibre wrote:WTF! I knew something was up with the massive numbers that movie was doing. :lol:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/

And, here is reality, rather then made up fiction of Brie haters...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPqUjaaiQcE
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 pm

verslibre wrote:The ink is dry: Levi and (director) Sandberg are coming back for mo' Shazam! The sequel is a go.

New reviews are popping up and it's this right down the board:

Loved #Shazam so so much! It's utterly joyous, truly hilarious and supremely feel good. A comic book movie told with childish glee and wonder with just the right amount of tension. Simply magic.

Can't wait. It'll be good going to the theater again after a stressful work month.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 pm

verslibre wrote:The ink is dry: Levi and (director) Sandberg are coming back for mo' Shazam! The sequel is a go.

No sequel is officially a go until box office receipts start coming in. I think Shazam is going to be a hit. That said, dropping news about a sequel before a movie happens is a common PR tactic. Stories ran about plans for a Green Lantern sequel. Stories ran about plans for a sequel to Pierce Brosnan's November Man. I see this all the time.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

No sequel is officially a go until box office receipts start coming in. I think Shazam is going to be a hit. That said, dropping news about a sequel before a movie happens is a common PR tactic. Stories ran about plans for a Green Lantern sequel. Stories ran about plans for a sequel to Pierce Brosnan's November Man. I see this all the time.

I don't remember any official stories running about a Green Lantern sequel till opening week/end. Even then, it was more like "a sequel had already been greenlit, but disappointing box office nixed it."

The November Man? Hahaha. That movie literally made NO money. It barely grossed 25 million here and not even a third of that overseas. That's with two months of lingering in theaters, too.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:21 am

The half of the DC Movie News foursome that is harder to win over saw Shazam! last night and here is their reaction after leaving the theater:

https://twitter.com/DCMovieNewsLive/status/1108643460892889088
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 am

I saw #Shazam. It was everything. I can’t wait to talk about this movie for the next several months. Yes it’s funny (I laughed VERY loudly multiple times) but it also has so much heart. Keep hitting singles DC! Wonder Woman✔️ Aquaman✔️ Shazam✔️ April can’t come soon enough.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:07 am

James McAvoy says he'd play The Riddler.

We must make this happen somehow.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:19 pm

verslibre wrote:I don't remember any official stories running about a Green Lantern sequel till opening week/end.

Why do you think those stories ran? Why do you think stories about a Shazam sequel are running now?

verslibre wrote:The November Man? Hahaha. That movie literally made NO money. It barely grossed 25 million here and not even a third of that overseas. That's with two months of lingering in theaters, too.

I enjoyed it. Definitely a B-movie.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:04 am

WB is highly encouraged and confident about Shazam. Review embargo lifts today. More and more people saying how fresh and new concepts to the CBM Sandberg pulled off.

My hype level rising.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:26 am

^Winna!

Random question asked of and answered by Zack at last night's post-Dawn of the Dead Q&A: He said no to a PG-13 Wolverine movie.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:18 pm

The reactions to Shazam are L-I-T. I'm hearing audiences reactions are through the roof positive. I hope WOM does its job on this before Endgame. Lucky people who saw the advanced screenings. Anxiously awaiting April 5th.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:55 am

Scott Mendelson: "Shazam! proves Wonder Woman and Aquaman were no flukes":

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 2183522e73
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:25 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Scott Mendelson: "Shazam! proves Wonder Woman and Aquaman were no flukes":

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 2183522e73

"which absolutely exists in the same continuity as Batman v Superman and Aquaman"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:52 am

I see you Shazam!

‘Shazam!’ Paid Previews Are Super At $3.3M, Beating ‘Dragon 3’, ‘Aquaman’ & More
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:38 am

:lol:

Fan wants me to apologize for liking "Man of Steel". Sure. Right after I apologize for liking puppies, rainbows, fresh air and life itself.

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/status/350705721236660224
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am

Saw Captain Marvel last night. Better than I thought it would be. A lot of people complained about the first half of the movie, but that was my favorite part. It was the ending that almost ruined the movie for me. Marvel over did the ending for me and I really lost interest as she was flying through the ships, no recovery from that C-
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Monker » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:25 am

verslibre wrote:^Winna!

Random question asked of and answered by Zack at last night's post-Dawn of the Dead Q&A: He said no to a PG-13 Wolverine movie.
;

Is this the same Q/A where he said that he had the idea for the Martha scene where they not only shared the same first name of their mother, but had the SAME mother? This is the type of writing you have so much respect for and want the "Snyder cut" (which doesn't exist cuz it was not filmed) for? Crazy.

Skip to 5:20 to hear the analysis instead of the mumbling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLY7HnPYQ2I
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:11 am

When people refer to the Snyder Cut, they are talking about his original vision, the script he and Terrio wrote before BvS's release. That was never shot. Once the response to BvS wasn't good, they got spooked and the studio mandated a page one rewrite where the studio wanted to condense Snyder's vision (which would have spanned multiple films) into one JL movie.

THAT SCRIPT WAS SHOT. It's done, minus finished VFX.

Snyder told a fan "The script we ended up shooting is DONE. It's up to them." After the studio issued more mandates and when Zack stepped down, Whedon and a whole committee of schmucks did yet another re-write, including dumb quips and a change to Superman's entire role; arc. They pretty much rewrote and shot JL in 6 months and that's the montrocity WB shamelessly shoved into theaters. But Zack's movie is shot, it just doesn't have finished VFX, music, etc. Down the road, maybe the studio will release some packaged deal whether it be deleted scenes, animation or even a graphic novel ala Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:19 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:^Winna!

;

Is this the same Q/A where he said that he had the idea for the Martha scene where they not only shared the same first name of their mother, but had the SAME mother? This is the type of writing you have so much respect for and want the "Snyder cut" (which doesn't exist cuz it was not filmed) for? Crazy.

He was obviously kidding and tipsy. He wasn't the one that came up with the Martha scene. That was Chris Terrio, who pointed out that fact from the mythology. It was designed to say how that brings humanity to the Superman character. Good idea, bad execution, which is typically the case with Zack's movies, especially the general audience.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:47 am

Monker wrote:Is this the same Q/A where he said that he had the idea for the Martha scene where they not only shared the same first name of their mother, but had the SAME mother? This is the type of writing you have so much respect for and want the "Snyder cut" (which doesn't exist cuz it was not filmed) for? Crazy.

It was a joke, and like everyone else (mainly the haters whose headspace Zack occupies, rent-free), you fell for it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/no-zack-snyder-never-seriously-considered-making-batma-1833621453/amp?rev=1553727439393&__twitter_impression=true

Every blogger who hates Zack retweeted/recapped it. No other director is capable of doing this right now. Zack and Deb must laugh their asses off every night while sipping the bubbly by their artisanal flagstone fireplace and reviewing script pages for Army of the Dead.

And I still believe Disney's buying blocks of seats at every IMAX showing so they can show "Captain Marvel made a billion dollars, too!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:51 am

These last two episodes of Supergirl featuring Jon Cryer as Lex are the best I've seen from the series next to the "LoSH" episode and the arc with Reign. Good shit.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:06 am

verslibre wrote:These last two episodes of Supergirl featuring Jon Cryer as Lex are the best I've seen from the series next to the "LoSH" episode and the arc with Reign. Good shit.

Preach brotha! Agreed. I'll go as far to say Cryer is certainly one of my favorite representations of Lex possibly ever. Though the CW has restrictions, Cryer is a show stealer and has a nice presence. Great move by the CW.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:41 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote:These last two episodes of Supergirl featuring Jon Cryer as Lex are the best I've seen from the series next to the "LoSH" episode and the arc with Reign. Good shit.

Preach brotha! Agreed. I'll go as far to say Cryer is certainly one of my favorite representations of Lex possibly ever. Though the CW has restrictions, Cryer is a show stealer and has a nice presence. Great move by the CW.

He killed it. That second episode felt like a 2hr movie in 43 minutes. I'm seeing a side of him he kept hidden for many years, due to being committed to a certain long-running sitcom. But he plays Lex straight, with the right amount of menace and genius. When he walked down the hall past those four felons with chessboards and called out the checkmate moves...very "comics" moments like those are what I love. If Hackman had done Lex without all the campy, corny stuff, that's kind of like what Cryer's doing. That and the mid'-80s Lex who was rebooted in Action Comics. Just great characterization.
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara