'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 am

#WanBillion

Congratulations to James Wan and his stellar cast and crew, especially those guys who worked on the VFX.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:23 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:28 am

Aquaman': How Zack Snyder Helped Retcon 'Justice League' Against WB's Wishes

Https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/17/aqu ... ce-league/

Lmao, Wan was secretly showing Zack cuts of Aquaman to help with what he wanted from his vision to distance away from what that dishit Whedon did to JL.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 am

There's no doubt about it. When the press, non-stop, asked Zack about getting to JL in his Man of Steel junkets, Snyder repeatedly said "In order for the DC Universe to take shape, Superman needs to get his house in order first.." I posted that interview numerous times. Zack had MoS2 planned. The studio wanted the shared universe and pushed BvS on him. He makes it, they panic, they chop it up. It critically bombs. Wonder Woman's success happens. He starts filming an already compromised version of JL for the studio. The studio wanted more control. He said fuck you. His daughter died. The studio didn't want to wait so they can get their bonuses. They bring in Whedon. He ruins it. JL bombs. Snyder is the fall guy.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Aquaman': How Zack Snyder Helped Retcon 'Justice League' Against WB's Wishes

Https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/17/aqu ... ce-league/

Lmao, Wan was secretly showing Zack cuts of Aquaman to help with what he wanted from his vision to distance away from what that dipshit Whedon did to JL.

Haters. No matter what they say, no matter what they do, Zack will ALWAYS be in their rear view. Bwahahahahaha! :lol:

"Dipshit Whedon" has a nice ring to it. He should legally change his name!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:

There's no doubt about it. When the press, non-stop, asked Zack about getting to JL in his Man of Steel junkets, Snyder repeatedly said "In order for the DC Universe to take shape, Superman needs to get his house in order first.." I posted that interview numerous times. Zack had MoS2 planned. The studio wanted the shared universe and pushed BvS on him. He makes it, they panic, they chop it up. It critically bombs. Wonder Woman's success happens. He starts filming an already compromised version of JL for the studio. The studio wanted more control. He said fuck you. His daughter died. The studio didn't want to wait so they can get their bonuses. They bring in Whedon. He ruins it. JL bombs. Snyder is the fall guy.

Veruca Salt Syndrome. "I want my billion dollars and I want it now!"

Buncha fuckheads.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:40 pm

Ultimately, Wan is just a better filmmaker than Snyder.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:37 am

Zack just isn't a formula; vanilla by the numbers director. He takes risks and chances and owns up to it. WB hired him to make Zack Snyder films. So he did. It's their fault they don't know what they want but when you hire his type to orchestrate a movie universe, he was going to bring the kitchen sink. It's just one huge contradiction after the other with WB. They claim to be director-driven who separates themselves from the typical blockbuster. They got exactly what they asked from Snyder but simply got cold feet because of the greed of the big billion. Zack faught them big time but the studio won't admit they fucked up. Now they are coming with a "Worlds of DC" slate where all films will be different. Typically, that's exactly what they had with Zack's vision.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:38 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack just isn't a formula; vanilla by the numbers director. He takes risks and chances and owns up to it. WB hired him to make Zack Snyder films. So he did. It's their fault they don't know what they want but when you hire his type to orchestrate a movie universe, he was going to bring the kitchen sink. It's just one huge contradiction after the other with WB. They claim to be director-driven who separates themselves from the typical blockbuster. They got exactly what they asked from Snyder but simply got cold feet because of the greed of the big billion. Zack faught them big time but the studio won't admit they fucked up. Now they are coming with a "Worlds of DC" slate where all films will be different. Typically, that's exactly what they had with Zack's vision.

I've appreciated all of Zack's films from a visual standpoint, but none of them really connected with me.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 am

Emmerich:

We all feel like we’ve turned a corner now. We’re playing by the DC playbook, which is very different than the Marvel playbook. We are far less focused on a shared universe. We take it one movie at a time. Each movie is its own equation and own creative entity. If you had to say one thing about us, it’s that it always has to be about the directors.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 am

New Shazam! trailer on Tuesday!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 pm

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack just isn't a formula; vanilla by the numbers director. He takes risks and chances and owns up to it. WB hired him to make Zack Snyder films. So he did. It's their fault they don't know what they want but when you hire his type to orchestrate a movie universe, he was going to bring the kitchen sink. It's just one huge contradiction after the other with WB. They claim to be director-driven who separates themselves from the typical blockbuster. They got exactly what they asked from Snyder but simply got cold feet because of the greed of the big billion. Zack faught them big time but the studio won't admit they fucked up. Now they are coming with a "Worlds of DC" slate where all films will be different. Typically, that's exactly what they had with Zack's vision.

I've appreciated all of Zack's films from a visual standpoint, but none of them really connected with me.

I understand that. A lot of fans say the same. It's more than fair. That notion just factors into Zack's style not being suitable for the average movie-goer. He goes dark. He goes serious and he goes big. I can agree with his critics that his films need more flavor fluctuation since from beginning to end, his tone is one-note. But I respect how he owns that and doesn't apologize for it. I will say, his films are graphic novels come to life. Nobody will change my mind with that. Some of his shots are flat out "Whoa." I still think he would fit into either horror or... Batman.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 am

Who wants to go way back in the old thread and find the posts where I stated, "DC is screwing up not doing stand alones to flesh out these characters" and where others defend DC's "cash grab" direction and stating "there are other ways to build a universe other than the Marvel Way"?
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 am

RWF, instead of master-baiting, try asking yourself this: "Did Marvel invent the crossover?"

:lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:27 am

Zack had a finite universe. It wasn't supposed to go on forever ala the MCU. There was supposed to be a beginning, middle and end to his saga while solo films were helmed by their respected directors vision. DC reverse way of engineering their universe didn't hurt the likes of Wonder Woman or Aquaman. It comes down to cutting studio interference down the best you can and make a good film where it's not chopped to absolute piece's. We all wanted the likes of MoS2 before Justice League or even BvS before that took on a life of its own.

Meanwhile, Shazam! looks amazing on a $90 mil budget where Sandberg pays many homages to MoS.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:38 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Meanwhile, Shazam! looks amazing on a $90 mil budget where Sandberg pays many homages to MoS.

Everything about that movie looks on point. I think it's going to do very well for three weeks. And on the home market.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how and why they managed to make the last fight in Black Panther look like complete ass. Horrible fight choreography, too (I don't think you can even call it that). It was like they used the CGI from the very first X-Men movie back in 2000.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:25 am

No drama from Wonder Woman's set.
No drama from Aquaman's set.
No drama from Shazam's set.

BvS was a mess. Major studio meddling.
SSquad was a mess. Major studio meddling
JL....lol.

Figure it out.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:50 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:No drama from Wonder Woman's set.
No drama from Aquaman's set.
No drama from Shazam's set.

BvS was a mess. Major studio meddling.
SSquad was a mess. Major studio meddling
JL....lol.

Figure it out.

No drama, MoS-wise, either, IIRC. Btw, did you see that shot of Sha-Zack and Sivana in the sky? You can't get more homage-y to MoS than that. Looks like the who guy who outright disputed there were no MoS/BvS-isms in Shazam! in this thread doesn't want to step up and admit he was 100% full-on wronnng. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:37 am

verslibre wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how and why they managed to make the last fight in Black Panther look like complete ass.

Prolly ran out of money, time, or both.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how and why they managed to make the last fight in Black Panther look like complete ass.

Prolly ran out of money, time, or both.

Doubt it!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 pm

Captain Marvel' Producer On What They Took From 'Wonder Woman

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01/08 ... ation-mcu/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:29 am

Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Bill Maher is a Grade "A" certified, stamped "Guaranteed" DOUCHE.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:54 pm

I'm glad he ranted for the simple fact of how pop culture icons like those who appear in the comic book realm of entertainment are escapism of reality from morons like Bill Mahr. In 50 years nobody will remember Bill Mahr. In 50 years, there will be an all new generation that are going to pick up literature with Stan Lee's name on it and become a fanatic.

Also, wasn't Mahr in Iron Man 3? What a fuckup in life. I wish his umbilical chord wrapped around his throat as a newborn. Shucks.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:59 am

ZACK is BACK, and he's doing another zombie movie! His Dawn of the Dead remake rocks, so I'm down :!:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-returns-movies-zombie-pic-army-dead-1178979

Zack Snyder Returning to Movies With Zombie Action Pic 'Army of the Dead' (Exclusive)

"No one's ever let me completely loose," the 'Justice League' filmmaker tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Zack is back.

Zack Snyder, who directed 2017's Justice League only to step away from movies to deal with a family tragedy, has signed on to helm Army of the Dead, a zombie horror thriller, for Netflix. Snyder will direct and produce with his partner and wife, Deborah Snyder, via their newly rebranded production company, Stone Quarry. The company's Wesley Coller is also producing.

Snyder also came up with the story for Army, which has a script by Joby Harold. The adventure is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, during which a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

Netflix, which is taking the project over from Warner Bros., where it was first set up in 2007, is going full throttle with Army. The movie will commence shooting this summer with a sizable budget that could reach the $90 million range, say sources.
To say Snyder is excited would be an understatement.

"There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one,” Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.

Snyder was the chief architect of Warner Bros.’ stable of DC Comics films for many years, and he was in postproduction on Justice League when his and Deborah’s daughter committed suicide. The Snyders decided to step away from the movie, letting Joss Whedon film reshoots and finish postproduction. Since then, the duo has been out of the spotlight. There’s been a focus on family, working with suicide awareness causes, and a regrouping of his company. But film projects can be cathartic, and Zack says he's got a desire to get back behind the camera.

“I thought this was a good palate cleanser to really dig in with both hands and make something fun and epic and crazy and bonkers in the best possible way,” he says.

The new project features several full-circle moments for the filmmaker. For one, it brings Snyder back to the genre of his feature debut, 2004's Dawn of the Dead, which launched his high-profile feature directing career. It also reunites him with Scott Stuber, Netflix's movie head, the executive who originally gave Snyder his big-screen shot on the Universal release. And as much as Snyder had made his name in high-flying comic book adaptations such as 300, Watchmen and the various DC movies, this new project is one he is proud to call truly his own.

“I love to honor canon and the works of art,” he says of his adaptations, “but this is the opportunity to find a purely joyful way to express myself though a genre. It will be the most kick-ass, self-aware — but not in a wink-to-the-camera way — balls-to-the-wall zombie freakshow that anyone has ever seen. No one’s ever let me completely loose [like this].”

Snyder says he's been energized by the prospect of making this particular story. “I love big action, I love big sequences," he says. "My movie brain starts clicking around and I was like, ‘We need to be shooting this now!’ Constructing these sequences really fired me up.”

One thing Snyder has missed, even while making his mega-tentpoles, is actually operating a camera and “being in the trenches.”

“When the movie gets super big, you get pushed away from the camera," he notes. "And in the last few years I’ve had a reconnection with photography. This movie will be a chance to get the camera in hand."

Snyder’s return also is noteworthy on other fronts. According to sources, Netflix identified the project and sought it out from Warners, which led to dealmaking that could set precedent for the studio selling other projects to the streamer. Terms for the studio deal and Snyder’ deal were not disclosed.

Snyder is repped by CAA and Sloane Offer.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:59 pm

What Bill Maher did was essentially the same as standing in front of a bunch of Trekkies and telling them to 'get a life'. He is right on almost every point. Even when it is at its best, it's entertainment and not meant to be taken as some type of profound literature. IMO you two have way over estimated it as some type of profound story telling, especially the print versions. People comparing it to the level of Shakespeare? It is silly to do that. It is taking it way, way, way too serious. It's fun, it's entertainment, but it's not at that level.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 pm

Wow, this sounds really bad and a dated idea. If they made into a parody, they may have something. Add the fact that WB cut the project and Netflix had to pick it up says a lot. Good luck with that.

verslibre wrote:ZACK is BACK, and he's doing another zombie movie! His Dawn of the Dead remake rocks, so I'm down :!:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-returns-movies-zombie-pic-army-dead-1178979

Zack Snyder Returning to Movies With Zombie Action Pic 'Army of the Dead' (Exclusive)

"No one's ever let me completely loose," the 'Justice League' filmmaker tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Zack is back.

Zack Snyder, who directed 2017's Justice League only to step away from movies to deal with a family tragedy, has signed on to helm Army of the Dead, a zombie horror thriller, for Netflix. Snyder will direct and produce with his partner and wife, Deborah Snyder, via their newly rebranded production company, Stone Quarry. The company's Wesley Coller is also producing.

Snyder also came up with the story for Army, which has a script by Joby Harold. The adventure is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, during which a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

Netflix, which is taking the project over from Warner Bros., where it was first set up in 2007, is going full throttle with Army. The movie will commence shooting this summer with a sizable budget that could reach the $90 million range, say sources.

"There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one,” Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.

Snyder was the chief architect of Warner Bros.’ stable of DC Comics films for many years, and he was in postproduction on Justice League when his and Deborah’s daughter committed suicide. The Snyders decided to step away from the movie, letting Joss Whedon film reshoots and finish postproduction. Since then, the duo has been out of the spotlight. There’s been a focus on family, working with suicide awareness causes, and a regrouping of his company. But film projects can be cathartic, and Zack says he's got a desire to get back behind the camera.

“I thought this was a good palate cleanser to really dig in with both hands and make something fun and epic and crazy and bonkers in the best possible way,” he says.

The new project features several full-circle moments for the filmmaker. For one, it brings Snyder back to the genre of his feature debut, 2004's Dawn of the Dead, which launched his high-profile feature directing career. It also reunites him with Scott Stuber, Netflix's movie head, the executive who originally gave Snyder his big-screen shot on the Universal release. And as much as Snyder had made his name in high-flying comic book adaptations such as 300, Watchmen and the various DC movies, this new project is one he is proud to call truly his own.

“I love to honor canon and the works of art,” he says of his adaptations, “but this is the opportunity to find a purely joyful way to express myself though a genre. It will be the most kick-ass, self-aware — but not in a wink-to-the-camera way — balls-to-the-wall zombie freakshow that anyone has ever seen. No one’s ever let me completely loose [like this].”

Snyder says he's been energized by the prospect of making this particular story. “I love big action, I love big sequences," he says. "My movie brain starts clicking around and I was like, ‘We need to be shooting this now!’ Constructing these sequences really fired me up.”

One thing Snyder has missed, even while making his mega-tentpoles, is actually operating a camera and “being in the trenches.”

“When the movie gets super big, you get pushed away from the camera," he notes. "And in the last few years I’ve had a reconnection with photography. This movie will be a chance to get the camera in hand."

Snyder’s return also is noteworthy on other fronts. According to sources, Netflix identified the project and sought it out from Warners, which led to dealmaking that could set precedent for the studio selling other projects to the streamer. Terms for the studio deal and Snyder’ deal were not disclosed.

Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:59 pm

verslibre wrote:ZACK is BACK, and he's doing another zombie movie! His Dawn of the Dead remake rocks, so I'm down :!:

Zack is back.

Zack uncut? No handcuffs?

IN.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:13 am

WW '84 could possibly challenge the BigB as well. Jenkins says '84 looks "Mind Blowing":

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/28/pat ... d-blowing/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara