'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:14 am

In this new interview, Dave Bautista pretty much says he's in Army of the Dead — "Zack Snyder project on the horizon."

http://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/02/26/dave-bautista-does-not-want-to-be-a-movie-star/?n
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:24 am

12/16/2022. The release date for Aquaman 2!

Snaggin' that pre-Christmas release date LIKE A BOSS.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:16 pm

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:23 am

Kevin Tsujihara Confirms DC Movies Will Be Mostly Standalone Moving Forward And Teases Plans For Superman

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_ ... an-a166810
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:33 am

:!: :!: :!:

http://www.artcenter.edu/connect/events/snyder-directors-cuts.html

A three-day event featuring special screenings of:

Friday, March 22, 2019 | 6 PM
Dawn of the Dead Director's Cut

Saturday, March 23, 2019 | 4 PM
Watchmen Director's Cut

Sunday, March 24, 2019 | 4 PM
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition

Following each screening, there will be a panel discussion with ArtCenter alumnus and director Zack Snyder along with special guests from the individual films' cast and crew. :!:

Purchase a three-day pass or single-day tickets. A limited number of discounted tickets are available for alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff on a first come, first served basis. Attendees are also invited to join FullCircle to obtain discounted tickets and attend a private reception on Friday evening.

Movie snacks, casual dinner and beverages are included in the ticket price.

The event is being sponsored by VERO True Social.

Limited edition t-shirts, with original art by Alex Pardee, are available through Ink to the People.

All proceeds support ArtCenter College of Design and the refurbishing of the College's Ahmanson Auditorium.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:14 am

Happy Birthday, Zack!

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:42 am

So which somebody or somebodies were clowning on Zack for shooting his Snow Steam Iron short entirely on iPhone?

Well...Steven Soderbergh just shot his SECOND fookin' feature-length film on iPhone!

High Flying Bird (2019)

This is the second film Steven Soderbergh shot on an iPhone, following Unsane (2018).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8128188/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:07 am

verslibre wrote:So which somebody or somebodies were clowning on Zack for shooting his Snow Steam Iron short entirely on iPhone?

Well...Steven Soderbergh just shot his SECOND fookin' feature-length film on iPhone!

High Flying Bird (2019)

This is the second film Steven Soderbergh shot on an iPhone, following Unsane (2018).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8128188/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2

Soderbergh has always been doing indie auteur experimental shit. Snyder using his IPhone after being unceremoniously fired for mishandling surefire Hollywood hits like Superman and Batman is quite different.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:18 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Soderbergh has always been doing indie auteur experimental shit. Snyder using his IPhone after being unceremoniously fired for mishandling surefire Hollywood hits like Superman and Batman is quite different.

He did it because he, uhhh...wanted to? He doesn't have to report to a 10-6 like we do. 8)

I don't know why you're trying to spin this. Honestly, Soderbergh's new iPhone flick doesn't look anywhere near as good as Zack's short film. It's too dark (as in lighting, not topical matter).

"Mishandling"? Sounds like you're on the side of WB's press team. WB was entirely on board with Zack's vision before Justice League began filming.

AOTD news below.
Last edited by verslibre on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:58 am

Locating scouting for Army of the Dead is underway (probably completed) and it begins filming in June.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1102683980829286400
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:21 pm

verslibre wrote:He did it because he, uhhh...wanted to? He doesn't have to report to a 10-6 like we do. 8)

I don't know why you're trying to spin this. Honestly, Soderbergh's new iPhone flick doesn't look anywhere near as good as Zack's short film. It's too dark (as in lighting, not topical matter).

Gotta admit, Snyder going the low budget indie route is a change of pace for him. Not so much for Soderbergh.

verslibre wrote:"Mishandling"? Sounds like you're on the side of WB's press team. WB was entirely on board with Zack's vision before Justice League began filming.

The mishandling happened long before Justice League. For starters, the decision to shoe-horn Batman into the MOS world just reeked of desperation.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:The mishandling happened long before Justice League. For starters, the decision to shoe-horn Batman into the MOS world just reeked of desperation.

WB, not Zack. They admitted it.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:08 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 am

Whoa :!: Part Deux:

Sources tell Variety that Elba is Warner Bros. choice to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in the “Suicide Squad” sequel.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/idris-elba-will-smith-deadshot-suicide-squad-sequel-1203154025/
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:39 am

More :!: :

The social media embargo on Shazam! lifts this Thursday. Looks like we've got a winner on our hands, people.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:57 am

verslibre wrote:More :!: :

The social media embargo on Shazam! lifts this Thursday. Looks like we've got a winner on our hands, people.

Hopefully with FAR less comedy than previous Marvel/DC offerings. As it is, I'm passing on Captain Marvel.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:03 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:20 am

So the role rumored for Dave Bautista in The Suicide Squad is — The Peacemaker.

Gotta admit...that's pretty cool! He's essentially DC's Punisher.

Peacemaker is a super-hero and soldier who loves peace so much, he's willing to kill for it. Originally he was a pacifist diplomat who used strictly non-lethal weapons, although over time he developed into a more violent vigilante willing to make sacrifices for the greater good.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Peacemaker
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Tweets rolling out...undeniably a hit :!:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:10 am

Captain Marvel was really lame. Like an episode of Captain Planet crossed with a CW soap opera with an overbearing 90's soundtrack. Brie Larson is a complete blank. Anytime a movie features a hero with amnesia, you pretty much have a hero with no identity and no personality. Or maybe she is just a charisma-free hack. Not sure. The Skrulls and the Krees were about as interesting as the dark elves from Thor 2. Just bad.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:20 am

Doesn't surprise me. The clips I've seen are butt-awful and looks insanely outdated and downright unneeded. The reviews aren't fooling me. It's clear the marketing is trying everything they can to make this thing look like it's a great and new MCU film. Nah.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:46 am

They're "leaking" clips, and they look baaad. The Jackson-Mendelsohn fight looks like '80s TV, and badly edited.

Re: how Fury loses his eye. If that really is the case, and not a prank...how did that script get approved?!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:00 am

Ben Affleck Still Wants To Direct A DC Superhero Movie After Quitting Batman

The actor had originally signed on not only to reprise his role as the caped crusader, but also to write and direct the next instalment.

However, Affleck hinted that this may not be the end of his involvement in the DC Extended Universe after saying that he was never happy with the Batman script.

He told LADbible: "I imagine it would be weird to step in and do another character.

"I can certainly imagine directing a movie, you know - if they [DC] would have me - if it was something I was passionate about.
"It's not about like kind of closing doors on stuff, I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to do that one [next Batman film], so it became time to let someone else take a crack at it."

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-ben-affleck-wants-to-direct-a-dc-superhero-film-now-batman-is-over-20190308
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Captain Marvel was really lame. Like an episode of Captain Planet crossed with a CW soap opera with an overbearing 90's soundtrack. Brie Larson is a complete blank. Anytime a movie features a hero with amnesia, you pretty much have a hero with no identity and no personality. Or maybe she is just a charisma-free hack. Not sure. The Skrulls and the Krees were about as interesting as the dark elves from Thor 2. Just bad.

Thanks for the heads up.
Just as I suspected. Her acting in the trailers looked awful. The Skrulls were depicted in Agents of Shield and were boring as hell there too. Think me and the wife may see it Tuesday on $5 Tuesday.
Didn't help her being miss SJW banning white males from press junkets or whatever she was spouting off about. Hopefully Marvel takes a beating for that.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm

CM was always going to make bank, though. It did pretty big OW. One month before and a tie-in to Endgame plus 20+ films of brand recognition won't hurt this film that's basically origin MCU storytelling 101.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:CM was always going to make bank, though. It did pretty big OW. One month before and a tie-in to Endgame plus 20+ films of brand recognition won't hurt this film that's basically origin MCU storytelling 101.

I haven't seen a newsbit about CM's OW that doesn't include "...while Wonder Woman made $103M." :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:32 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:CM was always going to make bank, though. It did pretty big OW. One month before and a tie-in to Endgame plus 20+ films of brand recognition won't hurt this film that's basically origin MCU storytelling 101.

Oh, please, it's a good movie that out performed expectations. Weekend #2 will show what viewers really thought. It could be on its way to being another billion dollar film.

Yeah, it has issues, it's not perfect. But IMO, not nearly the fundamental crap that people are saying. IMO, Captain Marvel is as good as CA:TFA...and that's a good movie to compare it to.

At this point she is SUPPOSED to be unemotional and holding herself back...six years of training to be that way. The entire point of the movie was to show CM breaking away from that training and freeing herself. So, when people criticize Brie for her acting, I have to question if they even realize what this movie is about.

So what about the eye. The funny part about that is dialogue toward the end where the entire incident became exaggerated. It's not bad writing at all.

The best scene was when the Flerken flerks out for the first time. That was awesome. Can't wait for the scenes with Rocket in End Game...assuming there is one.

The music sucks...so what...I hate 90's music.

I think it may have been a better movie if it were not done with amnesia and flashbacks. At least they were trying something different. If they hadn't, I agree that it would have been easy to point to other movies (especially Green Lantern and maybe CA:TFA for his "I can do this all day" bouncing back attitude). So, I don't know...whatever.

Samuel L Jackson carried a lot of the movie due to Vers being this emotionless Vulcan. That's not really a 'bad' thing, IMO...it's just the way it is.

The movie has a lot of threads that were not well explored, just as Aquaman does. I would have like to have seen more Mar-Vell. i can understand why people may have wanted more backstory with Maria Lambeau...and more scenes with her daughter, if she turns up later in a movie. Korath and Ronan were kinda wasted. So, there are a lot of threads that are just not used very well.

Over all, IMO, it's a fun, entertaining movie. It's way underrated and overrated, depending on who is talking. If you like CA:TFA, you'll probably like this, IMO. If you are going to look at it through politics, then you'll either love it or hate it...and that's too bad....because it's really not a political movie, not any more than CA:TFA is about skinny white men busing out and becoming heroes, or the Hulk movies are about discrimination and hate towards raging green monsters.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:48 am

Oh, please, it's a good movie that out performed expectations.

At one point CM was projected to make $160-180 mil.

It's way underrated and overrated..

Great statement. :idea:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara