'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:08 am

Russo Brothers, director of CA:WS, CA:CW,A:IW & Endgame talked about paying homage to Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice & We finally get to see in the special look of "Avengers Endgame" Creative artists respecting other creative artist is a holy thing.

https://twitter.com/TvsNmovies/status/1113094097487757312
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:01 am

Joker incoming! Said to he a sick, twisted and very dark character study driven film.

Also lots of good things said of WW84 and Birds of Prey at Cinemacon.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:21 am

Here's the Joker teaser. This looks like one twisted tapestry. Apparently that's little youknowwho at 1:47.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:43 am

That moment in the trailer where he turns the corner with flowers in his hand then the music suddenly turns is INTENSE. JP got those nuances down. Very intriguing one here.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:53 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:That moment in the trailer where he turns the corner with flowers in his hand then the music suddenly turns is INTENSE. JP got those nuances down. Very intriguing one here.

I knew he'd be the perfect psycho, I mean actor, for the role.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Date night with the wife is booked and the babysitters are lined up for Shazam! Saturday night. Can't wait! With this film on an $80 mil budget and sandwhiched between two $1.2-2bil+ films, the BO and its legs will be interesting. Anything between $500-600 mil WW will be a big hit. Hopefully it will keep its head up before EG.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:17 pm

Anyone see Jordan Peele's latest? Man, the twist was retarded!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:09 am

Shazam! was a breath of fresh air to enjoy a more personal and down to Earth film. The elements in play were handled very well and Sandberg got a great performance out of his cast. The message was really nice and the movie played just about where expectations stood for me. It wasn't an "OHMYGODGUYSJUSTWAITUNTILYOUSEETHIS!!!!!" superhero movie but in a weird way, I'm glad that it..wasn't..and enjoyed it more-so because of that. There was more than enough there in the movie to leave satisfied and excited to see what's next. My audience seemed to really enjoy it, especially a middle-aged dude behind me. He was having a blast lol (Theater was maybe 45% full. Mostly the top with some scatter. Nothing big.) I didn't have TOO many laugh out loud moments but there were a few good parts where I busted. It was a nice blend of themes and the suspension of belief was easily handled. A solid 7/10.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:52 am

I just finished it. May be the least interesting DC film yet, and that's saying something. I rewatched MOS and BvS, not because they were good movies, but because I had an interest in the characters in the past. Shazaam doesn't have that going for it. Wasn't even interested enough to rewind the middle section I fell asleep through.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 am

Shazam is a down to Earth superhero flick. Very character driven with small scale action that focus's on its themes and message more than anything. Levi is great in the role and I liked the juxtaposition of Billy and the Shazam! family. There are some great moments. When they hit, they hit. It's no Endgame or even Man of Steel with heavy action and a deeply explained mythology. It played exactly to my expectations and I enjoyed it because of that.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:04 am

The Rock has some nice words and explains the process and decision's as a producer for Shazam! Mentions how they decided to split Shazam and Black Adam into two origins and how they plan to shoot Black Adam next year.
Mentions how everyone involved is going to get their ass kicked when he arrives on the scene lol.

https://www.instagram.com/therock/chann ... 9AU8DOga4m
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:55 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Date night with the wife is booked and the babysitters are lined up for Shazam! Saturday night. Can't wait! With this film on an $80 mil budget and sandwhiched between two $1.2-2bil+ films, the BO and its legs will be interesting. Anything between $500-600 mil WW will be a big hit. Hopefully it will keep its head up before EG.

Well, you all applauded Grace when she was hyping Shazam. Now she has come down to reality and calls it DC's Antman, and that it is aimed at pre-teens...at least they are the ones engaged and not playing with their phones.

Yeah, you'll probably get by in the 500mil range...maybe ...but I have to wonder if that will be good enough for a DC film. A franchise that is struggling to hit both fan and critics in the right spot at the same time.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 pm

Jeff Goldstein, distribution chief at Warner Bros., said the studio originally forecast a $40 million opening. “That was the right number for us,” Goldstein said. “That’s what we needed to make money on it.”

Shazam is low budget. It's a very nice opening considering what DC was going for and what type of superhero movie to introduce in making this one, especially plopping it in a very insane April slate. They will greenlight a sequel quick. It will probably be in the same budgeting range but it is proving to be the ticket to keep their feet on the ground. I don't think it'll hit $500 but it will have a shot. Maybe mid $400 mil, which is like a bil for say, JL.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:00 am

RedWingFan wrote:I just finished it. May be the least interesting DC film yet, and that's saying something. I rewatched MOS and BvS, not because they were good movies, but because I had an interest in the characters in the past. Shazaam doesn't have that going for it. Wasn't even interested enough to rewind the middle section I fell asleep through.

I think the problem was more to do with that bottle of JD you were emptying. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:15 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Date night with the wife is booked and the babysitters are lined up for Shazam! Saturday night. Can't wait! With this film on an $80 mil budget and sandwhiched between two $1.2-2bil+ films, the BO and its legs will be interesting. Anything between $500-600 mil WW will be a big hit. Hopefully it will keep its head up before EG.

Well, you all applauded Grace when she was hyping Shazam.

She's far from the only one.

Monker wrote:Now she has come down to reality and calls it DC's Antman, and that it is aimed at pre-teens...at least they are the ones engaged and not playing with their phones.

Assuming you're again trying to paint this as a minus with your 4" brush on a 2.5x3.5" ACEO card, both films for the record are "all ages." Grace is just one person, she says things to get clicks. Like pretty much every other blogger critic.

Monker wrote:Yeah, you'll probably get by in the 500mil range...maybe ...but I have to wonder if that will be good enough for a DC film. A franchise that is struggling to hit both fan and critics in the right spot at the same time.

Audiences matter more. The audience scores for Aquaman were much higher than the critics.' Shazam! has scored quite evenly, which is no small feat for a CBM.

And $500M will be great. The movie cost significantly less than Ant-Man, so if it matches Ant-Man's gross, it's a bigger win.

As you were. :)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:46 am

This may answer THAT question:

‘Shazam!’ Writer Henry Gayden Will Return to Write Sequel (Exclusive)
https://www.thewrap.com/henry-gayden-sh ... ssion=true
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:28 am

Now it's revealed that not only was Darkseid's appearance scripted and storyboarded for Justice League, but Zack shot the footage, and Ray Porter played Darkseid. No doubt the VFX aren't finished.

https://theexilesnetwork.wordpress.com/2019/04/09/ray-porter-was-cast-as-darkseid-in-zack-snyders-justice-league/

#ReleasetheSnyderCut
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:21 am

WB are slits. They should have foregone the critical reception of Snyder's films and just banged his vision out while the rest of the DCEU could have still been separated. That's essentially what they're doing now anyway. Fucking SLITS.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:WB are slits. They should have foregone the critical reception of Snyder's films and just banged his vision out while the rest of the DCEU could have still been separated. That's essentially what they're doing now anyway. Fucking SLITS.

You said it, bruh.

Especially considering Wonder Woman (and its sequel) and Aquaman (and its sequel) were/are guaranteed hits, anyway. They didn't just get greedy or wuss out, they did BOTH. :evil:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:17 pm

The good WOM (and maybe #Hellboy’s tough reviews)helped exhibitors to secure their screenings for #Shazam, as Shazam will start its 2nd weekend this Friday with 4.306 rooms in the US, gaining 40 rooms (instead of losing some what would be natural for many holdovers)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:30 am

$200M global after one week. and little to no competition from a DOA Hellboy (tbf, hearing a lot about the usual studio meddling during production).
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:33 am

Damn Disney Star Wars. So the prophecy was wrong when Anakin joined the Sith instead of destroying them. Then his love for his son and redemption led him to kill Palpatine, destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force, which made the prophecy true.
So now the Emperor isn't really dead so forget all that stuff from the trilogy that was great. This last trilogy is just grasping at straws for an interesting story line, destroying what was great about the previous movies in the process.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Saw a midnight screening of Hellboy. It's a mess. Some great visuals, but definitely a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Yikes.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Saw a midnight screening of Hellboy. It's a mess. Some great visuals, but definitely a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Yikes.

Studio meddling confirmed. Apparently there was even a big issue over a freakin' "tree" in a scene. Marshall wanted it to be asymmetrical, like a real tree. The studio wanted it to be symmetrical. Back and forth. :roll:

They reviewed it on NPR yesterday. A guy and two girls (forget the names). The guy likened the movie to "four heavy metal albums covers thrown up on the screen," which was kind of funny. They trashed it.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:03 am

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Saw a midnight screening of Hellboy. It's a mess. Some great visuals, but definitely a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Yikes.

Studio meddling confirmed. Apparently there was even a big issue over a freakin' "tree" in a scene. Marshall wanted it to be asymmetrical, like a real tree. The studio wanted it to be symmetrical. Back and forth. :roll:

They reviewed it on NPR yesterday. A guy and two girls (forget the names). The guy likened the movie to "four heavy metal albums covers thrown up on the screen," which was kind of funny. They trashed it.

I read the accounts of behind-the-scenes turmoil. Still, I was hoping for the best.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:03 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:

I read the accounts of behind-the-scenes turmoil. Still, I was hoping for the best.

What exactly is the problem with it? I haven't read any complaints re: Harbour. It has a good cast.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:01 am

verslibre wrote:
What exactly is the problem with it? I haven't read any complaints re: Harbour. It has a good cast.

Cast is fine. Some great visuals and individual scenes (as others have mentioned, Babba Yagga's lair is cool). The story is crammed with just too much shit and none of it is given any room to breath. It's dense - but incoherent. If Marshall had been given final cut, it prolly would have been better. Parts of it feel like I'm watching David Lynch's Dune. Without have read the source material, I don't know what they are talking about.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:45 am

First glimpse of the new Swamp Thing. Hell yes to his red eyes!

https://twitter.com/DCUSwampThing/status/1118597526171447296
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:51 am

Here's Chris Pratt telling everyone he loved Shazam! and to go see it :!:

https://twitter.com/Batmancanseeyou/status/1120378927225212930
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:34 am

verslibre wrote:Here's Chris Pratt telling everyone he loved Shazam! and to go see it :!:

https://twitter.com/Batmancanseeyou/status/1120378927225212930

Well, a bit too late for that. Shazam is even below YJ's prediction of 400million. Yeah, it made money because of the low budget...but those are HORRIBLE numbers, especially when it had no real competition.
Monker
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara