'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:13 am

This plays exactly like a Dewayne Johnson film. No holding back. Action is ambitious. It's reminiscent of Aquaman. Not the critics thing being so heavy action but a GA type movie. It's fast and furious, pun intended. Black Adam's memo even in the comics is just fucking shit up. Rock delivered there. The OG ZSJL cast is back, including Ben and Erza is givin a chance to get his shit together. Hamada officially left today, so I'd fully expect Ray Fisher back by Flash 2.

Dude. It has Storm in it. It has giant Ant-man in it. It has Doctor Strange in it doing Doctor Strange moves. It has Wakonda in it. It has a black Superman in it. It references middle eastern theology, after Marvel did it with both Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel. Even Black Adam's story is essentially Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. It even borrows from Suicide Squad. They couldn't use Justice League characters so they use the B team instead. The entire story looks silly.

Cavill being in it should be no surprise. It was posted here a while back that he signed a contract to be in several DC movies.

Yeah, Ben is going to be in Flash, if it is ever released. Again, that is not new news...it's been known for years. From what I remember, Ben is supposed to pass the torch back to Keaton who then passes it to Batgirl. It is not meant to relaunch Ben into the role - he doesn't want it.

So, for me, suddenly being all surprised seems a bit phoney to me. This is all known about. Then saying the old Justice League is back is just a fairy tale...you are making stuff up. Ben has said repeatedly that he is done. Gal is done and moving on. Cavill is the only one of the original three that has shown ANY interest in sticking with the character...and he has done it for YEARS. It is WB who has ignored Cavill, not the other way around. And, the guy in that video above does this all time...he takes a bit of "news", expands on it, and invents all this stuff that it could mean. It is just him rambling....not stating anything factual.

Black Adam vs Superman (or Shazam) is just invented fantasy...it is something people like you want but talking about it like it is being planned is a bit of over-hype. Yeah, I know Dwayne wants it...but that doesn't mean a struggling studio like WB is going to approve it. If Black Adam were a billion dollar film, I think he would get it...but I don't see that happening.

Even a Black Adam 2 movie is skeptical at best right now. I don't see this thing doing extradinary well...it's simply another mediocre DC movie. It's too bad, because it could have been more.

With the exception of "The Batman: the musical", I have not seen anything really confirmed to be released in the near future. Even The Flash does not have a real date set.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:50 am

Monker wrote:Dude. It has Storm in it.

No, Cyclone is not a mutant. In the comics, Cyclone is the granddaughter of a much older character called Red Tornado, and her powers of wind/sound manipulation are similar. She doesn't summon rain and lightning, etc.

Monker wrote:It has giant Ant-man in it.

No, Atom Smasher is nothing like Giant-Man (which is what you meant) apart from his ability to surge to a much greater size. AS was originally Nuklon (he first appeared in 1983), who later was an initial member of the team called Infinity, Inc. (they also had their own book). AS is a metahuman who doesn't require the aid of technology the way Scott Lang and Tony Stark do. AS is VERY powerful and has mopped the floor with the Justice Society (even punching out Power Girl), with the exception of Black Adam.

Monker wrote:It has Doctor Strange in it doing Doctor Strange moves.

Dude, Doctor Fate debuted in 1940! Doctor Strange first appeared in 1963 and is one of many characters created so that Marvel could have their versions of DC characters. (How many times have they ripped off Batman? Too many to count.)

Monker wrote:It has Wakonda in it.

Huh?

Monker wrote:It has a black Superman in it.

Huh?

Monker wrote:It references middle eastern theology, after Marvel did it with both Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel.

Where do you think Marvel gets their material, genius? Also, the Moon Knight show is based on the SECOND (inferior, IMO) version of Moon Knight, not the way writer-creator Doug Moench envisioned him.

Monker wrote: Even Black Adam's story is essentially Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. It even borrows from Suicide Squad.

Hey, Wakanda Forever has a water-based superhero. I guess Namor was "inspired by" Aquaman, per your logic. :lol:

Monker wrote:So, for me, suddenly being all surprised seems a bit phoney to me. This is all known about. Then saying the old Justice League is back is just a fairy tale...you are making stuff up. Ben has said repeatedly that he is done. Gal is done and moving on. Cavill is the only one of the original three that has shown ANY interest in sticking with the character...and he has done it for YEARS. It is WB who has ignored Cavill, not the other way around. And, the guy in that video above does this all time...he takes a bit of "news", expands on it, and invents all this stuff that it could mean. It is just him rambling....not stating anything factual.

Ben said that he was done thanks to the old regime...but guess what, he showed up to film a scene for the Aquaman sequel. I guess you missed that, huh?

Where did Gal say she was done after the third Wonder Woman movie? Please post the link.

Monker wrote:Black Adam vs Superman (or Shazam) is just invented fantasy...it is something people like you want but talking about it like it is being planned is a bit of over-hype. Yeah, I know Dwayne wants it...but that doesn't mean a struggling studio like WB is going to approve it. If Black Adam were a billion dollar film, I think he would get it...but I don't see that happening.

The old studio heads are gone, son. It's best to stay informed.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:21 am

Did you just say something about Batgirl? Jesus Christ I'm not reading all of that. Monker, keep doing you Cowboy, because after all this time, 9 years later, here we are still talking the likes of Henry Cavill and the OG cast still kicking so just stfu already. It's pretty obvious where the new WBD regime is taking things. The only true thing that held everything back was the old clown table. The complete studio overhaul got some headstrong people making decisions in place and it won't be too long before a DC Films studio head will be announced. I'll bet my left nutsack Superman v BA will happen. Bet.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:24 am

All these theater reactions to Henry's Superman is fucking bommmmb! People going nuts. Rightfully so. He's back ma'fukas.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:04 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Did you just say something about Batgirl? Jesus Christ I'm not reading all of that. Monker, keep doing you Cowboy, because after all this time, 9 years later, here we are still talking the likes of Henry Cavill and the OG cast still kicking so just stfu already. It's pretty obvious where the new WBD regime is taking things. The only true thing that held everything back was the old clown table. The complete studio overhaul got some headstrong people making decisions in place and it won't be too long before a DC Films studio head will be announced. I'll bet my left nutsack Superman v BA will happen. Bet.

Yes, I said Batgirl. That was the last I heard. If that has changed, then who is Keaton handing off to? NOBODY? Yeah, the Batgirl film was canned...does that mean that Flash has to be rewritten?

You said these exact same things after Hamada took over. Now you are saying he was the problem...after seeing a movie created under his time. Hardly any of this stuff you have been saying here has been confirmed. Not BA v SM, not BA2. The only thing you know is MoS2 is looking for a writer/director/producer. You may have your guesses - but they are still only guesses.

I've never had a problem with Cavill being Superman. I have a problem with BvS. Cavill is pretty damn good in Witcher. The problem is the films he is being put in related to DC. MoS is OK but is WAY overrated. Justice League is almost as bad as BvS. None of that is Cavill's problem, or Gadot's, or Afleck's. It's Snyder's and DC/WB's.

Like I said, they should just not release anything for a few years, fire EVERYBODY involved and completely start over. All DC/WB does with the DCEU is release bad to mediocre movies, and once in five year sdo a decent one (WW, maybe Aquaman). Then the DCEU is upstaged by their own side projects, like Joker and "The Batman", which are not connected to the "Universe". It is really, really pathetic.

It is NOT obvious where they are going. Afleck has said repeatedly that he is done with Batman. Gadot's out doing a ton of other work. The Flash has been delayed, delayed, and delayed. HBO keep s canceling shows. You have two Jokers, 3 versions of Batman, a Flash who should be in jail, nobody hired to oversee DC as a whole. The only obvious thing is what you WANT, but that doesn't mean it is going to happen.
Last edited by Monker on Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:26 am

verslibre wrote:

No, Cyclone is not a mutant. In the comics, Cyclone is the granddaughter of a much older character called Red Tornado, and her powers of wind/sound manipulation are similar. She doesn't summon rain and lightning, etc.

Correct. She is a version of Storm that only has a fraction of the powers. Lame.

Monker wrote:It has giant Ant-man in it.

No, Atom Smasher is nothing like Giant-Man (which is what you meant) apart from his ability to surge to a much greater size. [/quote]

Exactly. Just another giant dude. Exactly like Ant-Man..lame.

Monker wrote:It has Doctor Strange in it doing Doctor Strange moves.

Dude, Doctor Fate debuted in 1940! Doctor Strange first appeared in 1963 and is one of many characters created so that Marvel could have their versions of DC characters. (How many times have they ripped off Batman? Too many to count.)[/quote]

I wonder what percentage of the people seeing this movie know what happened in 1940. They copied Doctor Strange, even down to his moves....lame.

Monker wrote:It has Wakonda in it.

Huh?

Black Adam is protecting some made up country in Africa, just like Black Panther did in the MCU.

Monker wrote:It has a black Superman in it.

Huh?

According to Dwayne, Black Adam has all the powers of Superman.

Monker wrote:It references middle eastern theology, after Marvel did it with both Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel.

Where do you think Marvel gets their material, genius? Also, the Moon Knight show is based on the SECOND (inferior, IMO) version of Moon Knight, not the way writer-creator Doug Moench envisioned him.

Point is, Marvel beat DC to this on bringing it to film - twice. Again, lame.

Monker wrote: Even Black Adam's story is essentially Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. It even borrows from Suicide Squad.

Hey, Wakanda Forever has a water-based superhero. I guess Namor was "inspired by" Aquaman, per your logic. :lol:

I agree. If it comes off as nothing more than Marvel ripping off DC's Aquaman film, then it will be very, very lame.

What I see is Black Adam is nothing more than a game of "for this scene, what movie did DC copy?" That is what "Independence Day" is to me, and that is what Black Adam will be as well.

Monker wrote:Black Adam vs Superman (or Shazam) is just invented fantasy...it is something people like you want but talking about it like it is being planned is a bit of over-hype. Yeah, I know Dwayne wants it...but that doesn't mean a struggling studio like WB is going to approve it. If Black Adam were a billion dollar film, I think he would get it...but I don't see that happening.

The old studio heads are gone, son. It's best to stay informed.

That has nothing to do with jumping to conclusions about films being released, who is in them, and knowing the writing. You all are just guessing about stuff. Then if Discovery sells WB as was rumored not too long ago, it is all up in the air again. Yeah, I know they denied that rumor, but do you expect them to admit to it? Being "informed" is NOT saying BA vs Superman is a thing before it is even announced, or BA2 is a thing, or saying the old JL cast is 'back' based on a couple cameos. You should stop confusing posting what you want to be true as being "informed" and focus on the reality of what is happening.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:24 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:

Correct. She is a version of Storm that only has a fraction of the powers. Lame.

Son, are you on crack? Her powers are no joke. She'd probably hand Storm her ass. Storm can't battle Black Adam.

Monker wrote:Exactly. Just another giant dude. Exactly like Ant-Man..lame.

Lang can't function at that size with the same power and efficency. Atom Smasher is a metahuman.

Monker wrote:They copied Doctor Strange, even down to his moves....lame.

Where did they get those moves, genius? Are you a human or an ostrich? :D

Monker wrote:According to Dwayne, Black Adam has all the powers of Superman.

DJ has to streamline it for interviews, son. He's not going to give a dissertation on the character with the limited amount of time he gets. He has to talk to a lot of people, spread it around. He doesn't get to do a 40-minute State of the Union Address-styled breakdown.

Monker wrote:Point is, Marvel beat DC to this on bringing it to film - twice. Again, lame.

It's utterly hilarious that only what makes it to the big (or small) screen gets a pass with you. That's quite the fantasyland you seek solace in, you Disney twink, you. :lol:

Monker wrote:I agree. If it comes off as nothing more than Marvel ripping off DC's Aquaman film, then it will be very, very lame.

I'm shocked you didn't call him "the Mexican Aquaman." Because that's, you know, so you. :lol:

Monker wrote:That has nothing to do with jumping to conclusions about films being released, who is in them, and knowing the writing. You all are just guessing about stuff. Then if Discovery sells WB as was rumored not too long ago, it is all up in the air again. Yeah, I know they denied that rumor, but do you expect them to admit to it? Being "informed" is NOT saying BA vs Superman is a thing before it is even announced, or BA2 is a thing, or saying the old JL cast is 'back' based on a couple cameos. You should stop confusing posting what you want to be true as being "informed" and focus on the reality of what is happening.

Recent remarks aren't based on guesswork but reports stemming from recent changes made by Discovery and quotes by Dwayne Johnson pertaining to the red tape enacted by everyone at Warner-DC who just got the boot, with Walter Hamada being the last guy to get his walking papers.

"Rumors," indeed. What EVERYTHING you say is based on.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:45 pm

The bottom line is that most of the audience is going to see DC copy a bunch of stuff and putting into this film. It's not original. It's stuff that everybody has seen before. You know this, that is why you defend it with ad hominem attacks. That is what this movie is.

Monker wrote:I agree. If it comes off as nothing more than Marvel ripping off DC's Aquaman film, then it will be very, very lame.

I'm shocked you didn't call him "the Mexican Aquaman." Because that's, you know, so you. :lol:

DC is the one who thought about a black superman to replace CAvill. Now they have a black Superman. Deal with it.

Recent remarks aren't based on guesswork but reports stemming from recent changes made by Discovery and quotes by Dwayne Johnson pertaining to the red tape enacted by everyone at Warner-DC who just got the boot, with Walter Hamada being the last guy to get his walking papers.

In one point you say Dwayne just doesn't have time to blah, blah, blah. Now you take his words to heart. Make up your mind, please. Either Dwayne's words mean something or they don't.

The problem is that what Dwayne says is not anything official. It's you guys wanting something and grasping anything that seems to indicate that it will happen. You have NO IDEA what is truly going to happen and are just guessing....like when it was said here that WW2 was going to be a billion dollar move. You guys get all excited and start posting crazy stuff. Dwayne wants a BA v SM. but if his movie is only a minor hit, I would say it is questionable if he is featured like this again. They do not need Black Adam to do MoS2, Brainiac, a real Lex Luther movie...there are a lot of things they could do that do not involve Black Adam. In fact, I would say they are more interesting than messing with another VS movie.

"Rumors," indeed. What EVERYTHING you say is based on.

It is NOT a 'rumor' to say that this movie is emulating and copying a bunch of other movies. That is a fact. It is not a rumor to say that no official announcement has been made for almost all of the stuff you guys have said. It's not a rumor to say that outside of Joker's musical, and the Flash, nothing has even been assigned writers/directors/producers. Those are facts. You just want to deny reality.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:26 am

Monker wrote:The bottom line is that most of the audience is going to see DC copy a bunch of stuff and putting into this film. It's not original. It's stuff that everybody has seen before. You know this, that is why you defend it with ad hominem attacks. That is what this movie is.

Like Ikaris in The Eternals being [referred to as] that film's Superman by the director, Chloe Zhao? Yes, I remember that. DId you catch that? No? Go look it up.

The fact is the characters you see as "being copies of" Marvel's pre-date Marvel's (with the exception of Namor), and you only need realize that more of the GA knows this than you're willing to let on. That makes you uncomfortable.

Monker wrote:It is NOT a 'rumor' to say that this movie is emulating and copying a bunch of other movies. That is a fact. It is not a rumor to say that no official announcement has been made for almost all of the stuff you guys have said. It's not a rumor to say that outside of Joker's musical, and the Flash, nothing has even been assigned writers/directors/producers. Those are facts. You just want to deny reality.

Nothing assigned? Wan returned to direct Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (in postproduction) and will likely direct a third. Sandberg returned to direct Shazam: Fury of the Gods and it's in the can. The script for Wonder Woman 3 is in place and Jenkins will direct. A new standalone Superman film will happen — no director attached yet.

Who's the reality denier again? :lol:

When you say something like "Gal Gadot has been doing other work," you make it sound like she's abandoned Wonder Woman 3. Every actor goes and does other films. There is no clause in their contract that forbids it.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:25 am

You fukas must know that Black Adam, The Flash, and Aquaman2 were filmed and in the can by the old clowns. Total Hamadaburger. Intense reshoots from WBD changed BA's inner connectivity with the addition of Waller and Superman. The Flash now has an entirely different ending being worked on and Aquaman2 is piggybacking off of that. The true WBD era for DCEU starts with Aquaman2. WBD has the most control over that direction.

Man of Steel 2 WILL be the first announced film in their takeover. Zaslav made his thoughts known what they want. Bringing back the OG DCEU cast is the first step in building this thing out properly. DeLuca is in charge at the moment, they wont panic and won't pull the plug, they're doing all they can to change the films already filmed on where they plan on going, hence the cancelation of Batgirl. That film simply didn't fit what they have planned in their mind. They're going to world build step by step. DCEU isn't going anywhere. It's pretty much just beginning at this point.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:44 am

Just got back from seeing Black Adam, holy crap it was good. My son and I went to see it and had a blast. Anytime Black Adam or the Justice Society (Monker they are not a second rate, been around about 90 years and inspired the JLA) it was great. The Intergang as villain was a good set up for the main villain. The only minor drawback was the kid in present day, is arc was good but is acting, just ok.

My Son and I noticed a lot of Synderism in the movie, from slow-mo, color, and even set up. Felt like a DC movie. I haven't looked forward to a movie like this since the last Spiderman (and only because it had 3 spidermen in). But the best Superhero movie since the last Avengers.

And my crowd went nuts when Cavill showed up, yelling, clapping, people behind were like Yes He's Back!!!

Hope the movie does good, it is very good and my showing was sold out.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Monker » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Oh, please. If you watch unbiased reviews...not stuff from DC fans or even CBM fans, BA is mediocre at best. The best description I saw was it is like a Transformer movie, a ton of action, very little character development and a plot that really doesn't matter.

If people want to see a good movie, go see the Netflix remake of "All Is Quiet On the Western Front". THAT movie is fucking awesome...not this mediocre shit from DC. And, it deserves to be seen in a theater....not a small screen with small sound.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:02 pm

Eat ass Monker.

Anyway, my second viewing audience loved BA. The minority crowd showed up to this one. A totally different crowd than my first. Interesting what Rock brings in. It's not a surprise the GA loves it. 90% RT audience score with over 2500 audience reviews. W.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:09 pm

Abitaman wrote:Just got back from seeing Black Adam, holy crap it was good. My son and I went to see it and had a blast. Anytime Black Adam or the Justice Society (Monker they are not a second rate, been around about 90 years and inspired the JLA) it was great. The Intergang as villain was a good set up for the main villain. The only minor drawback was the kid in present day, is arc was good but is acting, just ok.

My Son and I noticed a lot of Synderism in the movie, from slow-mo, color, and even set up. Felt like a DC movie. I haven't looked forward to a movie like this since the last Spiderman (and only because it had 3 spidermen in). But the best Superhero movie since the last Avengers.

And my crowd went nuts when Cavill showed up, yelling, clapping, people behind were like Yes He's Back!!!

Hope the movie does good, it is very good and my showing was sold out.

Yea man! Totally agree and same. When Henry showed up, there were about 6 black kids to my left that gasped and yelled "Superman mom! That's cool"! And people clapped. Made my fucking day. It really was Henry or bust. Thank Zod for Rock and WBD.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:21 am

Black Adam exceeded weekend industry expectations. Projections were around $55 million just last week and the 3 day accumulation came in at $67mil, on par with the likes of Aquaman, which I said above. :idea:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:28 am

Overseas, #BlackAdam    came at the high end of industry projections, grossing 73M internationally over 76 markets.
Allied to 67M in the US, #BlackAdamMovie    hits a 140M 5-day opening at Global #BoxOffice, over #ShangChi’s 131.6M & #Shazam   ’s 128M without China (159M with China)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:03 am

Monker wrote:Oh, please. If you watch unbiased reviews...not stuff from DC fans or even CBM fans, BA is mediocre at best. The best description I saw was it is like a Transformer movie, a ton of action, very little character development and a plot that really doesn't matter.

So, basically, Love and Thunder? :lol:

Monker wrote:If people want to see a good movie, go see the Netflix remake of "All Is Quiet On the Western Front". THAT movie is fucking awesome...not this mediocre shit from DC. And, it deserves to be seen in a theater....not a small screen with small sound.

Look, kids! It's time to compare WWII films to CBMs. It's time to move on to SERIOUS filmmaking.

I'm so glad Locke (starring Tom Hardy) appeared in 2013, so The Winter Soldier could see what a REAL movie looks like.

In all seriousness, I like both films a great deal. Vive la différence!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:21 am

Funny how you guys point to RT when it serves you but when it doesn't you campaign that it is easy to manipulate, good or bad, by members posting phoney scores. That score is not going to hold, no way.

Comparing the box office to prepandemic movies is also comparing apples and oranges. It's more comparable to "Thor: Love and Thunder". Let' see if it drops like a Rock like Thor did.

So far the numbers are pretty mediocre, if you are honest. It won't be long before Black Panther gobbles up everything.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:28 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Oh, please. If you watch unbiased reviews...not stuff from DC fans or even CBM fans, BA is mediocre at best. The best description I saw was it is like a Transformer movie, a ton of action, very little character development and a plot that really doesn't matter.

So, basically, Love and Thunder? :lol:

LOL...we were writing at the same time. Yes, exactly like "Love and Thunder". THAT is a good comparison. A very mediocre movie.

Monker wrote:If people want to see a good movie, go see the Netflix remake of "All Is Quiet On the Western Front". THAT movie is fucking awesome...not this mediocre shit from DC. And, it deserves to be seen in a theater....not a small screen with small sound.

Look, kids! It's time to compare WWII films to CBMs. It's time to move on to SERIOUS filmmaking.

No, I'm not comparing the movies per se...just saying it is a MUCH better film. It has action, it has story and plot, it has real characters and character development and emotional moments. It is a very, very, VERY good film. It is also WW1 not WW2. It deserves more attention at the theater than it will ever get.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:09 am

Monker wrote:Funny how you guys point to RT when it serves you but when it doesn't you campaign that it is easy to manipulate, good or bad, by members posting phoney scores. That score is not going to hold, no way.

Son, RT is an aggregator (I have to tell people the same thing about MSN when they bash it). All we've pointed out is the wide, wide berth between the CRITIC score and the AUDIENCE score.

Meanwhile, Black Adam's score on IMDb started at 7.5, fell to 7.1, and then rose to 7.2, where it currently stands based on 39K ratings. There are now 500 reviews posted to IMDb, with the score averaging 7/10. Not a critical darling (that was never expected) and certainly not the shitbomb you tout it to be.

Monker wrote:Comparing the box office to prepandemic movies is also comparing apples and oranges.

Funny how you still do it when it serves you.
Last edited by verslibre on Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:10 am

It's not 2016 anymore. The line in the sand to RT has now become more emphasized by the audience score. There's a well documented narrative nowadays that critical and audience reception now dominate these genre films. It's not always about the critics anymore as audiences and fans of these films that they enjoy fight back. ZSJL is the exception and was liberating to Zack and fans of his because of the history of how his films are rated in the face of certain critics flat out admitting they'd give Zack a rotten no matter what.

Monker says "if Flash even releases" but has pulled that stunt in here over and over and over and over again. Lets bet if Flash releases. No? That's what I thought.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:16 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:It's not 2016 anymore. The line in the sand to RT has now become more emphasized by the audience score. There's a well documented narrative nowadays that critical and audience reception now dominate these genre films. It's not always about the critics anymore as audiences and fans of these films that they enjoy fight back. ZSJL is the exception and was liberating to Zack and fans of his because of the history of how his films are rated in the face of certain critics flat out admitting they'd give Zack a rotten no matter what.

A lot of critics did an about-face when they saw BvS:UE, too!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:18 am

"Black Adam Producers Hiram Garcia and Beau Flynn tease a long form story and conflict between Black Adam and Superman."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lps6nl6tkuY
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:27 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Funny how you guys point to RT when it serves you but when it doesn't you campaign that it is easy to manipulate, good or bad, by members posting phoney scores. That score is not going to hold, no way.

Son, RT is an aggregator (I have to tell people the same thing about MSN when they bash it). All we've pointed out is the wide, wide berth between the CRITIC score and the AUDIENCE score.

Meanwhile, Black Adam's score on IMDb started at 7.5, fell to 7.1, and then rose to 7.2, where it currently stands based on 39K ratings. There are now 500 reviews posted to IMDb, with the score averaging 7/10. Not a critical darling (that was never expected) and certainly not the shitbomb you tout it to be.

a 7/10 is a LOT more realistic than a 90% on RT or people on here saying it is the best CBM ever, or whatever. it isn't, it is mediocre, at best. Even Angry Joe, who LIKES MoS and is a DC fan and WANTS Black Adam to do well, struggled to squeak out a 5/10 for it. It is hilarious to see him struggle to admit how mediocre it is. In the end he says, they got it half right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHK-BH ... gryJoeShow

Monker wrote:Comparing the box office to prepandemic movies is also comparing apples and oranges.

Funny how you still do it when it serves you.

When did I do that?
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:31 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:It's not 2016 anymore. The line in the sand to RT has now become more emphasized by the audience score. There's a well documented narrative nowadays that critical and audience reception now dominate these genre films. It's not always about the critics anymore as audiences and fans of these films that they enjoy fight back. ZSJL is the exception and was liberating to Zack and fans of his because of the history of how his films are rated in the face of certain critics flat out admitting they'd give Zack a rotten no matter what.

Monker says "if Flash even releases" but has pulled that stunt in here over and over and over and over again. Lets bet if Flash releases. No? That's what I thought.

Yes, I say that about Flash because it has been in development for what seems 10yrs.

RT is bullshit all around. If you can't admit that the 90% rating is dominated by DC fanboys then you are in complete and utter denial. It's not going to hold that rating now that all the fan boys have had their "it's the best CMB movie EVER!" It's a bullshit number, and you know it.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:32 am

Monker wrote:

Yes, I say that about Flash because it has been in development for what seems 10yrs.

RT is bullshit all around. If you can't admit that the 90% rating is dominated by DC fanboys then you are in complete and utter denial. It's not going to hold that rating now that all the fan boys have had their "it's the best CMB movie EVER!" It's a bullshit number, and you know it.

So you are or aren't willing to bet? Because you're like 0/5 when saying such things.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:50 am

Monker wrote:Yes, I say that about Flash because it has been in development for what seems 10yrs.

Quick question!

Do you know the difference between "development" and "postproduction"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:54 am

Monker wrote:a 7/10 is a LOT more realistic than a 90% on RT or people on here saying it is the best CBM ever, or whatever. it isn't, it is mediocre, at best.

Nobody is saying "best CBM ever." You're making that up. The RT Audience score reveals that the GA simply doesn't agree with what the "critics" are saying. A lot of the rotten reviews are posted by nobody bloggers and vloggers, in case you haven't noticed.

Monker wrote:When did I do that?

You always do DC dirty, dude. You give DC films no leverage whatsoever and you openly state the whole shebang should "be sold to Universal." But Marvel keeps cranking out conveyor-style vanilla and you wave it through like a guy on the tarmac directing those big flying thingamajiggers with his orange sticks.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:01 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Yes, I say that about Flash because it has been in development for what seems 10yrs.

Quick question!

Do you know the difference between "development" and "postproduction"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are ignoring my point. Do you realize that Batgirl was in the final stages of post-production and was STILL canceled?
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:05 am

Monker wrote:a 7/10 is a LOT more realistic than a 90% on RT or people on here saying it is the best CBM ever, or whatever. it isn't, it is mediocre, at best.

Nobody is saying "best CBM ever." You're making that up. The RT Audience score reveals that the GA simply doesn't agree with what the "critics" are saying. A lot of the rotten reviews are posted by nobody bloggers and vloggers, in case you haven't noticed.

Monker wrote:When did I do that?

You always do DC dirty, dude. You give DC films no leverage whatsoever and you openly state the whole shebang should "be sold to Universal." But Marvel keeps cranking out conveyor-style vanilla and you wave it through like a guy on the tarmac directing those big flying thingamajiggers with his orange sticks.
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara