'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 am

Grace is funny, but she isn't always on the money.

That said, it won't surprise me. The vibe going around is that they're shifting things to Supergirl
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:42 am

Superman: The Movie returns to theaters beginning November 25 to celebrate its 40th anniversary.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:08 am

verslibre wrote:Superman: The Movie returns to theaters beginning November 25 to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

What a wasted opportunity. If they had planned things right, they could have done a triple feature of MoS, BvS, for promo and intro to MoS2. It's obvious Cavill is history since they are going back to Reeve.

However, it makes me wonder if anything special is planned for Krypton.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Superman: The Movie returns to theaters beginning November 25 to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

What a wasted opportunity. If they had planned things right, they could have done a triple feature of MoS, BvS, for promo and intro to MoS2. It's obvious Cavill is history since they are going back to Reeve.

You say the weirdest shit. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 am

Timothy Dalton cast as Doom Patrol's Chief!

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1037407792871534592
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:37 am

Monker wrote:

WB is the land of wasted opportunity but I hope the Superman side of things will eventually be worth it, even if it's years down the road with Henry or no Henry

Krypton is LEGIT but there has been talk of Tyler Hoechlin's Superman getting his own spinoff series coming out of Arrow. Lois Lane is already going to be featured in the crossover.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:38 am

verslibre wrote:Grace is funny, but she isn't always on the money.

That said, it won't surprise me. The vibe going around is that they're shifting things to Supergirl

Lol, Grace. If there's ever a deadbeat, it's her. That chick is WHACKED and has a huge hard on HATE for Cavill for some reason lol.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:55 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:

Lol, Grace. If there's ever a deadbeat, it's her. That chick is WHACKED and has a huge hard on HATE for Cavill for some reason lol.

Funny how you all pointed to her in a previous post, "...and Grace likes it..." but when she says things you don't like, you critique her. I think she is dead on with this. Cavill wanted more money. WB told him he wasn't worth it and let him go. So, now he is on a Netflix series. He probably had the Witcher offer and either wanted more money and MoS2, or he was going with Witcher. WB told him to fuck off and so he did.

The entire Supergirl strategy sounds lame...so it is probably true.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:57 am

I've watched enough of Grace, even with things she happened to say that I "liked" to know she's batshit and that's what she is... batshit. She doesn't have a good reputation among real inside scoopers..or anybody for that matter. I've stopped watching her awhile ago. As for the Cavill situation, it's all rumor. Realistically, nobody knows anything what's going on behind closed doors or what's happening. There's so many mis-leads and "scoopers" nowadays that the internet has turned upside down, especially with comic book movies. Eventually, things will creep out but the studio is hush at the moment.

Point blank, Hamada is operating a tighter ship and he really isn't looking too far into the future as he wants to focus on what they have ready right now. Aquaman, Shazam! and WW84 are the focus right now regardless of what else is in the pipeline. The Joker and Elseworld's banner is a movie that can trascend the studio into what they want to accomplish. Walter Hamada is a franchise builder and DC chose him for a reason. Time will tell.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:03 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:

You say the weirdest shit. :lol:

Yeah that's impossible since Christopher Reeve is dead.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:28 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:

Funny how you all pointed to her in a previous post, "...and Grace likes it..." but when she says things you don't like, you critique her. I think she is dead on with this. Cavill wanted more money. WB told him he wasn't worth it and let him go. So, now he is on a Netflix series. He probably had the Witcher offer and either wanted more money and MoS2, or he was going with Witcher. WB told him to fuck off and so he did.

The entire Supergirl strategy sounds lame...so it is probably true.

:roll: I said she isn't always on the money. Prove me wrong. That goes for pretty much every web journo out there. K?
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:58 am

Why they keep talking about MoS and BvS
https://youtu.be/eQgrYi_9QNA
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:14 am

Batman v Superman's 'Martha' Blowback Still 'Perplexes' Crew

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has its share of hotly debated moments, but nothing tops the "Martha moment," and even the film's crew doesn't understand the hate.

Recently, cinematographer Larry Fong said he doesn't get critics in reaction to some of the scathing reviews directed at Batman v Superman and other Zack Snyder movies get, and now Damon Caro, Batman v Superman's stunt coordinator and second unit director voices a similar sentiment.

In an interview with Caro, Screen Rant inquired about his and other crew members expectations for the Martha scene and whether there was an inkling that it would be a hotly debated moment when it arrived in theaters:

"there was... zero conversation about "oh, people are going to have an issue with this or not understand it or think it's silly." It was - and it's so funny, Zack and I had a conversation about that, I don't know, a month ago, probably. That came up and I just said "I have never understood-" and I don't listen to a lot of the haters, but I've heard the chatter of it a little bit, but I don't understand what the disconnect was. What the problem is with how salient that line is and the connection between having the same mother's name allows you to connect with someone you wanted to obliterate from the planet because you saw him as a threat to the human race. You saw him as a threat to humanity, then in that one moment, you realized he was an orphan and his mother's... you saw him as you as you as a kid and you saw him in that light, so that enlightened you, that made you drop and see him now, not as the enemy, but as an ally. A fellow being who is trying to do the right thing, to reach justice. So no, crystal clear and very, like I said, it always made sense to me, so I'm perplexed by that one and I don't know that I... I don't have the answer to that one."

https://screenrant.com/batman-v-supermans-martha-moment-blowback-crew-reaction/?utm_content=buffer5d5d1&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:38 am

verslibre wrote:Batman v Superman's 'Martha' Blowback Still 'Perplexes' Crew

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has its share of hotly debated moments, but nothing tops the "Martha moment," and even the film's crew doesn't understand the hate.

Recently, cinematographer Larry Fong said he doesn't get critics in reaction to some of the scathing reviews directed at Batman v Superman and other Zack Snyder movies get, and now Damon Caro, Batman v Superman's stunt coordinator and second unit director voices a similar sentiment.

In an interview with Caro, Screen Rant inquired about his and other crew members expectations for the Martha scene and whether there was an inkling that it would be a hotly debated moment when it arrived in theaters:

"there was... zero conversation about "oh, people are going to have an issue with this or not understand it or think it's silly." It was - and it's so funny, Zack and I had a conversation about that, I don't know, a month ago, probably. That came up and I just said "I have never understood-" and I don't listen to a lot of the haters, but I've heard the chatter of it a little bit, but I don't understand what the disconnect was. What the problem is with how salient that line is and the connection between having the same mother's name allows you to connect with someone you wanted to obliterate from the planet because you saw him as a threat to the human race. You saw him as a threat to humanity, then in that one moment, you realized he was an orphan and his mother's... you saw him as you as you as a kid and you saw him in that light, so that enlightened you, that made you drop and see him now, not as the enemy, but as an ally. A fellow being who is trying to do the right thing, to reach justice. So no, crystal clear and very, like I said, it always made sense to me, so I'm perplexed by that one and I don't know that I... I don't have the answer to that one."

https://screenrant.com/batman-v-supermans-martha-moment-blowback-crew-reaction/?utm_content=buffer5d5d1&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW

That just proves that WB hires stupid people.

We spent an entire fucking movie watching Batman rage against Superman for hardly any reason at all. The entire premise of the movie was badly written. Nobody saw Superman as a "threat to humanity". What people saw was badly written shit that left people scratching their heads wondering what the hell that was all about. Then that entire premise ends with one name, "Martha". It was fucking stupid. It became the line that summed up the pathetic writing of the entire movie. It was the very tip of a monsterous iceberg that ultimately sunk the Snyder DC universe.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:40 am

verslibre wrote: :roll: I said she isn't always on the money. Prove me wrong. That goes for pretty much every web journo out there. K?

Why should I reply to you at all? What I wrote was in reply to YJ who said all kinds of crap.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:43 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Yeah that's impossible since Christopher Reeve is dead.

Which is exactly my point. The only reason to go back and rerelease the Reeve movie is because they are no longer investing in Cavill's Superman and are going to start pretending that MoS and BvS don't exist.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:52 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I've watched enough of Grace, even with things she happened to say that I "liked" to know she's batshit and that's what she is... batshit. She doesn't have a good reputation among real inside scoopers..or anybody for that matter. I've stopped watching her awhile ago.

She's entertaining. Whatever type crush you have on her is between you and her. You'd be better off not being in such denial.

As for the Cavill situation, it's all rumor. Realistically, nobody knows anything what's going on behind closed doors or what's happening. There's so many mis-leads and "scoopers" nowadays that the internet has turned upside down, especially with comic book movies. Eventually, things will creep out but the studio is hush at the moment.

It's simple common sense. They were in the middle of renegotiating the contract - by Cavill's insistence. If Superman, and therefore MOS2, were still possible, there is no way he would accept a Netflix series. Grace is absolutely correct. In addition, I believe she is correct about Affleck taking an option to end his contract. It only makes sense.

Point blank, Hamada is operating a tighter ship and he really isn't looking too far into the future as he wants to focus on what they have ready right now. Aquaman, Shazam! and WW84 are the focus right now regardless of what else is in the pipeline. The Joker and Elseworld's banner is a movie that can trascend the studio into what they want to accomplish. Walter Hamada is a franchise builder and DC chose him for a reason. Time will tell.

Oh, please, why make excuses. EVERYTHING is in flux with DC. OF COURSE they are focusing on getting one film out at a time...because if they don't then EVERYHTHING will suck as bad as Shazam. They need to start focusing on releasing QUALITY films - which they haven't really done since TDK.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:26 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote: :roll: I said she isn't always on the money. Prove me wrong. That goes for pretty much every web journo out there. K?

Why should I reply to you at all? What I wrote was in reply to YJ who said all kinds of crap.

And you said "you all," which means you're replying to us. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:35 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Yeah that's impossible since Christopher Reeve is dead.

Which is exactly my point. The only reason to go back and rerelease the Reeve movie is because they are no longer investing in Cavill's Superman and are going to start pretending that MoS and BvS don't exist.

It's the 40th anniversary of the film that kicked off the age of the modern CBM, numbnuts. It's a milestone. It took 20 more years for a decent Marvel film, let alone one that got a theatrical release outside of Jugwater, WY for more than a week, to appear.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 am

Monker wrote:We spent an entire fucking movie watching Batman rage against Superman for hardly any reason at all. The entire premise of the movie was badly written. Nobody saw Superman as a "threat to humanity". What people saw was badly written shit that left people scratching their heads wondering what the hell that was all about. Then that entire premise ends with one name, "Martha". It was fucking stupid. It became the line that summed up the pathetic writing of the entire movie. It was the very tip of a monsterous iceberg that ultimately sunk the Snyder DC universe.

Stop looking at your phone so much and maybe you'll see what you missed.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 am

Henry officially out as Superman :(

TNC, I'm a man of my word. If you have a PayPal, send me your information.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:33 am

Statement from Henry's manager, Dany. She makes it sound like it's not 100%.

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/status/1039902939261808640
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 am

Right now it's basically "We're both walking away. Maybe we'll try again later down the road. Maybe.." Most likely it's over but there's still a slight chance they can revisit, if ever.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:00 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Right now it's basically "We're both walking away. Maybe we'll try again later down the road. Maybe.." Most likely it's over but there's still a slight chance they can revisit, if ever.

Yeah. So bogus. I wonder where exactly tf it broke down. SMH.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 am

DCEU or whatever it's called is a dumpster fire. I remember being so pumped when I saw the MOS trailer. Asked my son who was 6 or 7 at the time if he wanted to go see it with me. He said no. Lol. My wife and I went, so disappointed. How do you screw up Superman???? DC finds a way! They piss me off!
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 am

Let me guess. You were "disappointed" because Zack didn't film a shot of Superman grinning with his arms crossed, while some thug's bullets bounced off his left nostril...

...followed by Superman exclaiming "Told you so!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 am

verslibre wrote:Let me guess. You were "disappointed" because Zack didn't film a shot of Superman grinning with his arms crossed, while some thug's bullets bounced off his left nostril...

...followed by Superman exclaiming "Told you so!"

Honestly couldn't have told you who the fuck Zack Snyder was back then. Just looking to see a great Superman movie. It wasn't there. Didn't know who he was until reading this thread and hearing you and yj fapping to him constantly.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:57 am

Henry posted on his Instagram: "Today was exciting. #Superman." I'm tired of being dicked around. Nobody knows what the flying fuck anymore.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 am

Lol, what is happening. We could possibly be seeing negotiation tactics right here out in the open. This is just so odd. Someone got something wrong possibly. Seeing all this chaos right before clocking into work is no fun as a fan. It's good to see Henry have fans and be supported though. Social media blew up.

https://www.instagram.com/henrycavill/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:12 am

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara