'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:49 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:And Monker's gonna dig it, too.


Yes, it's entertaining. Yes, it has great visual effects. Yes, it is epic. Yes, people should see it.

But, you guys over rate these movies so far that it is silly. There is far, far, far too much "stuff" in this film...it is crowded with subplots and multiple kingdoms...stuff that has NOTHING to do with Arthur's quest to become king. There is very little character "development"...just short scenes between action bits....nothing very involved. Arthur's arc is, as I said, Lion King...or now obviously Camelot. The second half of Black Manta's story could have been cut and saved for another movie. The interactions between Arthur and Mera were not very convincing that they were going to be a couple...I was surprised that they tried to end it that way.

To me, it was "good" in the same way that Avatar was "good". It was a nice film too look at, nice CGI and fight scenes...but the story itself did not pull me in and much of it I have seen before. But, seeing a bunch of epic actions scenes in great CGI is always entertaining.


This is fair and I agree with much of it. But I give the movie a pass because, like you said, it's entertaining and epic.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13812
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:19 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:And Monker's gonna dig it, too.


Yes, it's entertaining. Yes, it has great visual effects. Yes, it is epic. Yes, people should see it.

But, you guys over rate these movies so far that it is silly. There is far, far, far too much "stuff" in this film...it is crowded with subplots and multiple kingdoms...stuff that has NOTHING to do with Arthur's quest to become king. There is very little character "development"...just short scenes between action bits....nothing very involved. Arthur's arc is, as I said, Lion King...or now obviously Camelot. The second half of Black Manta's story could have been cut and saved for another movie. The interactions between Arthur and Mera were not very convincing that they were going to be a couple...I was surprised that they tried to end it that way.


Sorry you feel that way. Would you remove the Trench chase scene? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. And why cut out Black Manta entirely? Saying there's "nothing very involved" with regard to the Kanes (Jesse and David) and Orm and Vulko and Arthur's parents, etc....if we "overrate" these movies, you sell them short. It's your m.o.

Monker wrote:To me, it was "good" in the same way that Avatar was "good". It was a nice film too look at, nice CGI and fight scenes...but the story itself did not pull me in and much of it I have seen before. But, seeing a bunch of epic actions scenes in great CGI is always entertaining.


Avatar's story was too ordinary to not tire of by the end of the film. It's the story of Pocahontas in space. Watching the movie in the theater, I cringed when I saw the "alien race" were nothing more than a transparent analog for Native Americans. And the "science" in it was unintentionally funny.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:20 am

This movie will hit $700 million this weekend. It's enjoying a very good number of repeat viewings. I know I'm going back to seeing it again.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:And Monker's gonna dig it, too.


Yes, it's entertaining. Yes, it has great visual effects. Yes, it is epic. Yes, people should see it.

But, you guys over rate these movies so far that it is silly. There is far, far, far too much "stuff" in this film...it is crowded with subplots and multiple kingdoms...stuff that has NOTHING to do with Arthur's quest to become king. There is very little character "development"...just short scenes between action bits....nothing very involved. Arthur's arc is, as I said, Lion King...or now obviously Camelot. The second half of Black Manta's story could have been cut and saved for another movie. The interactions between Arthur and Mera were not very convincing that they were going to be a couple...I was surprised that they tried to end it that way.


Sorry you feel that way. Would you remove the Trench chase scene? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. And why cut out Black Manta entirely? Saying there's "nothing very involved" with regard to the Kanes (Jesse and David) and Orm and Vulko and Arthur's parents, etc....if we "overrate" these movies, you sell them short. It's your m.o.


No, I'm not. Aquaman has a lot of eye candy, action, and epic adventure....like Avatar, then go see it. If you want any deep story or character development, like in Dark Knight, then you will be missing it - because there is none. It is that simple. It isn't a 'bad' movie. It's just not the best movie ever in the history of CBM's, which you guys seem to believe about any DC movie that is half way decent.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:18 am

Monker wrote:It's just not the best movie ever in the history of CBM's, which you guys seem to believe about any DC movie that is half way decent.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:24 pm

Says the guy who breaks down GoTG with a lead who is a raging dork in a film that feature's a Walkman as a McGuffin like it's gospel. To make up and say stupid shit like that is annoying. I hate many DC films created, including one that features my favorite character of all time..though I have revisited Superman Returns at times. That movie never ceases to amaze me with how lazy it actually was. And please don't get me started on Justice League or I'll hocker on my computer monitor.

It's also annoying that everybody expects TDK levels for a DC film to be considered "passable." That just won't be achieved..all..the..time. Finally going to see Aquaman New Years Eve. Looking forward to it.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:09 am

Some months ago, Aquaman was potentially projecting to place third behind Poppins and Bumblebee. WB didn't budge when fans brought up the fact of competition and to move Aquaman up to avoid those 2. Throw in an insane push for Into The Spider-Verse and Aquaman had its work cut out. Turns out, Aquaman brought in more than those 3 movies combined and now it's the Transformer and Mary Poppins series that bombed where their franchise's are in trouble. The most made fun of pop culture character, especially in the 90's, reigns king. What a job by Wan.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:13 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Some months ago, Aquaman was potentially projecting to place third behind Poppins and Bumblebee. WB didn't budge when fans brought up the fact of competition and to move Aquaman up to avoid those 2. Throw in an insane push for Into The Spider-Verse and Aquaman had its work cut out. Turns out, Aquaman brought in more than those 3 movies combined and now it's the Transformer and Mary Poppins series that bombed where their franchise's are in trouble. The most made fun of pop culture character, especially in the 90's, reigns king. What a job by Wan.


Remember that tweet by that motormouth Jer3my C0nrad? Basically: Aquaman needed to move its release date "now" because MPR was such a force that Disney didn't want to put up a Star Wars movie against it.

I wonder what's he tweeting nowadays. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:29 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Says the guy who breaks down GoTG with a lead who is a raging dork in a film that feature's a Walkman as a McGuffin like it's gospel.


I find this so funny....my son's first comments on Aquaman, "I wish they didn't make him into such an idiot." I said, "Like Star-Lord?" He said, "YES!"

You blind yourself to all these faults just because it is DC.

I hate many DC films created, including one that features my favorite character of all time..though I have revisited Superman Returns at times.


You and V have ignored obvious critques since the DCEU began. It took JL before you could say a DCEU movie was bad...and then you excuse because they did not maintain Snydervision...which is why they are in the situation they are in the first place. WW has faults, SS has MANY faults. BvS has MANY faults....and Aquaman has faults. NONE of these are five star movies.

Angry Joe nails it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px_p0B61Zug

a 7/10 entertaining popcorn flick.

It's also annoying that everybody expects TDK levels for a DC film to be considered "passable." That just won't be achieved..all..the..time. Finally going to see Aquaman New Years Eve. Looking forward to it.


I brought up TDK because it is an example you would KNOW has great action AND character development AND draws you into the story. Aquaman barely attempts the last two...which is a valid critique.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:37 am

Monker wrote:You and V have ignored obvious critques since the DCEU began. It took JL before you could say a DCEU movie was bad...


Because that's the only movie that's outright "bad," i.e. a marriage of disappointing and subpar, thanks to Warner Bros' meddling. And your buddy the Josster. But even a "bad" movie like Justice League still has some good scenes, like Wonder Woman's hostage rescue. That's a beaut, even if they trimmed it.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:15 pm

You blind yourself to all these faults just because it is DC.


I didn't see Aquaman yet. I'm not comparing character to character. That's expected. I'm talking about your long winded posts about GoTG like you're a school boy turning in a 5,000 word paper anytime someone mentions how god awful that franchise is.

You and V have ignored obvious critques since the DCEU began. It took JL before you could say a DCEU movie was bad...


This is why I don't take you seriously..whatsoever..because you're only here to hear you grind your face on a chalkboard. That's a shame because you do write some good insight, but that's always masqueraded and ruined by making stupid comments like this for the sake of flame war'ing. That statement is far from true. I have long lists of faults and critiques of all Snyder's films. I've said countless number of times how Snyder's style is NOT for everybody, especially the casual audience and how WB chose a divisive natured director to deconstruct classic characters. There was always going to be things that Zack did that was going to ruffle feathers both as a director and story-wise (these convos took place way before MoS). I won't apologize for what I like though because even with all those glaring faults, and there's many, I was sold on Snyder and wanted to see his vision play out..and many others do as well. Just like life, though, you move on. Something you clearly have a hard time doing.

and then you excuse because they did not maintain Snydervision...which is why they are in the situation they are in the first place.


I don't sweat that, honestly, because I knew every DC film wasn't going the MCU direction and how the universe wasn't going to be all directed by Zack Snyder. Snyder's MoS universe was always going to be a separate thing while directors like Wan and Jenkins were always going to be allowed to do their thing in solo films. Not every film was one in the same as long as there's loose connectivity to the groundwork Snyder was creating. There's always going to be reference's to that while characters and directors having more creative freedom.
That was never going to change and whilst DC\WB has been in turmoil, they're still truckin and will continue to. That will always be ever-changing.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 am

Even when there is an agreement around these parts (that Aquaman is fun and mostly decent) it still dissolves into a petty argument.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13812
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:02 am

^True that lol. Honestly, it's the nature of fandom nowadays. I always held to my testament of toxic fandom being the downfall of the CBM genre. Fans are downright pitiful and nasty. Just recently Wan and Sandberg mentioned about not being sure to return for their respected sequels and Christopher McQuarie was scared off from doing a comic book/Star Wars movie because of rabid fans. It's become the norm though..sadly. As petty as this stuff can be, it's all good fun. I'm enjoying this ride.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:46 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:^True that lol. Honestly, it's the nature of fandom nowadays. I always held to my testament of toxic fandom being the downfall of the CBM genre. Fans are downright pitiful and nasty. Just recently Wan and Sandberg mentioned about not being sure to return for their respected sequels and Christopher McQuarie was scared off from doing a comic book/Star Wars movie because of rabid fans. It's become the norm though..sadly. As petty as this stuff can be, it's all good fun. I'm enjoying this ride.


Then it gets crazier when you realize the guys who argue the hardest aren't even readers, and many of them never were. They merely have precepts they adhere to they won't budge from, like Donner Superman is the only "right" Superman, anything "fun" and "sparkly" was invented by Marvel, etc.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:16 am

'Aquaman' is King of the Box Office Seas for a Second Weekend in a Row

There were no big surprises in the final weekend of a record-setting 2018 as Warner Bros.'s Aquaman is once again king of the box office seas with a domestic cume that now tops $188 million and a worldwide tally nearing $750 million. Meanwhile, the weekend's new wide releases in Annapurna's Vice and Sony's Holmes & Watson were quiet in their debuts as the bulk of the weekend attention goes to holiday holdovers.

Just slightly outperforming Mojo's pre-weekend expectations, WB and DC's Aquaman delivered the smallest second weekend drop in the DC Extended Universe, dipping just -23.5% for a $51.55 million second weekend, pushing the film's domestic cume over $188 million. The film now ranks as the eleventh largest domestic release based on a DC Comic after just ten days in release.

Internationally, Aquaman brought in an estimated $85.4 million this weekend from 78 markets for an overseas cume totaling $560 million and a global tally reaching $748.8 million. This makes the film the third largest worldwide release in the DC Extended Universe, topping Suicide Squad. Meanwhile, it's the fifth largest worldwide release based on a DC Comic and the second largest international release behind only The Dark Knight Rises ($636.8m). China remains Aquaman's top market with a massive $260.4 million with releases in Italy set for January 1 and Japan serving as the final market to release where the film will open on February 8.


https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4471&p=.htm
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:25 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:You and V have ignored obvious critques since the DCEU began. It took JL before you could say a DCEU movie was bad...


Because that's the only movie that's outright "bad," i.e. a marriage of disappointing and subpar, thanks to Warner Bros' meddling. And your buddy the Josster. But even a "bad" movie like Justice League still has some good scenes, like Wonder Woman's hostage rescue. That's a beaut, even if they trimmed it.
[/quote]

What you just said here is that you can not critique a DC film unless you feel it is "outright 'bad'." That essentially agrees with what I am saying that you guys ignore any critique that can be made about these movies...because they are DC movies.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:41 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:You and V have ignored obvious critques since the DCEU began. It took JL before you could say a DCEU movie was bad...


Because that's the only movie that's outright "bad," i.e. a marriage of disappointing and subpar, thanks to Warner Bros' meddling. And your buddy the Josster. But even a "bad" movie like Justice League still has some good scenes, like Wonder Woman's hostage rescue. That's a beaut, even if they trimmed it.


What you just said here is that you can not critique a DC film unless you feel it is "outright 'bad'." That essentially agrees with what I am saying that you guys ignore any critique that can be made about these movies...because they are DC movies.[/quote]

No, that's just what you're reading because you're really only talking to yourself.

You've never heard me critique a DC film? Isn't that what we did with Justice League? How about when I knocked Nolan for his shitty fight choreography in The Dark Knight Rises? In fact, I would've removed that big crowd fight at the end entirely. We knew it was happening, but we didn't need to see that much of it. Nolan's Batman mainly Batman'd at night in the first two movies, then he shows up in broad daylight in Rises without the benefit of stealth, where any number of Bane's thugs could have descended on him. The scene where Batman takes out a bunch of goons in Begins was far more effective aesthetically.

And no matter what you say or how much you whine, Aquaman is a fuckin' BLAST and you know it. :wink:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:27 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:08 pm

verslibre wrote:You've never heard me critique a DC film? Isn't that what we did with Justice League?


I gave JL as the exception. Prove me wrong. Critique Aquaman. It's not a perfect film, and you know it.

And no matter what you say or how much you whine, Aquaman is a fuckin' BLAST and you know it. :wink:


I'm not whining about anything and I said people should go see it. I'm giving an objective opinion about a film that is NOT as perfect as you claim it to be. In general, it is a feel good popcorn film that most people will like and be entertained by. But, if you look past the special affects and Cthulhu qualities, it also has many flaws. That IS the truth.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:35 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
You blind yourself to all these faults just because it is DC.


I didn't see Aquaman yet. I'm not comparing character to character. That's expected. I'm talking about your long winded posts about GoTG like you're a school boy turning in a 5,000 word paper anytime someone mentions how god awful that franchise is.


Yeah, Guardians is special to me...I was taken from the first scene where he lost his mother to the scene where he gets the orb. It was perfect...exactly the type of story I have been wanting to see for years. Regardless of the entire Marvel/DC rivalry or whatever. If you want to, I could go on and on and on about it here again...if you want to allow me to steal Aquaman's time in the spotlight.

You and V have ignored obvious critques since the DCEU began. It took JL before you could say a DCEU movie was bad...


This is why I don't take you seriously..whatsoever..because you're only here to hear you grind your face on a chalkboard. That's a shame because you do write some good insight, but that's always masqueraded and ruined by making stupid comments like this for the sake of flame war'ing. That statement is far from true. I have long lists of faults and critiques of all Snyder's films. I've said countless number of times how Snyder's style is NOT for everybody, especially the casual audience and how WB chose a divisive natured director to deconstruct classic characters. There was always going to be things that Zack did that was going to ruffle feathers both as a director and story-wise (these convos took place way before MoS). I won't apologize for what I like though because even with all those glaring faults, and there's many, I was sold on Snyder and wanted to see his vision play out..and many others do as well. Just like life, though, you move on. Something you clearly have a hard time doing.


Saying a film or the direction of Snyder is 'divisive' is not critiquing a film. State some negative things about Aquaman, or WW. What did they do badly, or could have done better. Those are critiques. Saying BvS divided the fan base is not a critique or that Snyder was doing things that audiences don't like is not critique. What 'glaring faults' exist in WW? What 'glaring faults' exist in Aquaman?

i don't sweat that, honestly, because I knew every DC film wasn't going the MCU direction and how the universe wasn't going to be all directed by Zack Snyder.


Going the MCU direction is not the point. The point is that BvS, SS have MANY faults...that you argue about as if they don't exist. What faults do you admit to in WW? It's not perfect either...and neither is Aquaman.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:42 am

Monker wrote:Yeah, Guardians is special to me...I was taken from the first scene where he lost his mother to the scene where he gets the orb. It was perfect...exactly the type of story I have been wanting to see for years.


GOTG is perfect? :shock:
Imo, that movie sucked - painfully unfunny, smug, derivative garbage.
"dance off, bro?" :roll:
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13812
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:51 am

Watching Aquaman now. In my living room. :lol:
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7830
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:55 am

Nicole Kidman just slayed a bunch of guys glowing with electronics to take her back to the sea? Or we're they trying to take her back to home base in Clearwater, FL? :lol:
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7830
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:52 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:
You blind yourself to all these faults just because it is DC.


I didn't see Aquaman yet. I'm not comparing character to character. That's expected. I'm talking about your long winded posts about GoTG like you're a school boy turning in a 5,000 word paper anytime someone mentions how god awful that franchise is.


Yeah, Guardians is special to me...I was taken from the first scene where he lost his mother to the scene where he gets the orb. It was perfect...exactly the type of story I have been wanting to see for years. Regardless of the entire Marvel/DC rivalry or whatever. If you want to, I could go on and on and on about it here again...if you want to allow me to steal Aquaman's time in the spotlight.


Why don't you post your hard-on for it in the Marvel thread? Are you allergic to the Marvel thread or something? Why do you ignore it? Your perpetual hate-on for DC is Priority One? :lol:

As for ANY part of GOTG being "perfect"...come on. That movie's got some really nice visuals (better cinematography than V2, too), but the story is a bunch of Stars Wars-isms and Farscape-isms and sprinklings of other SF spices, wrapped in a Marvel superhero pancake blanket. Apart from Rocket and Gamora, those characters bear little resemblance to their original comics selves (especially Star-Clown).

That's what you were "wanting to see for years"? A dude dancing while listening to his Walkman, on his way to steal an orb on some planet?

I haven't forgotten your defense of GOTGV2, either. :lol:
Last edited by verslibre on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 am

RedWingFan wrote:Watching Aquaman now. In my living room. :lol:


It's cool, man. We know you dig it. Don't expect you to say it out loud, but you dig it. I know you don't want to damage your DC hater cred. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:26 am

It's okay so far. The scene where they're walking through town eating flowers with music playing in the background reminded me of the scenes in Dumb & Dumber during Lloyd's fantasies. Seems like I've been watching forever. This could use a lot of editing and streamlining.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7830
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:49 am

RedWingFan wrote:It's okay so far. The scene where they're walking through town eating flowers with music playing in the background reminded me of the scenes in Dumb & Dumber during Lloyd's fantasies. Seems like I've been watching forever. This could use a lot of editing and streamlining.



LMAO! Accurate. Still dug it tho.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13812
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:06 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:It's okay so far. The scene where they're walking through town eating flowers with music playing in the background reminded me of the scenes in Dumb & Dumber during Lloyd's fantasies. Seems like I've been watching forever. This could use a lot of editing and streamlining.


LMAO! Accurate. Still dug it tho.

Just finished the final battle where Aquaman defeated his brother with the crane kick that his sensei taught him...er, I mean super secret spinning trident trick. Then his brother started yelling how there is no mercy in this dojo and finish him and "sweep the leg" or something. But then their mom, whose name I assume is "Martha" made him stop. It was better than MOS, BvS, SS and JL. Those are low bars though.

Trying to imagine this as a Namor movie, I'd probably feel the same about it. Black Panther underwater, but it would also matter on how it fit in with the rest of the Marvel Universe. DC already blew that up by chasing $ by rushing BvS, and JL. Just imagine if they had released MOS, WW, then Aquaman then Flash like a few people in this thread suggested.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7830
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:16 am

RedWingFan wrote:Just finished the final battle where Aquaman defeated his brother with the crane kick that his sensei taught him...er, I mean super secret spinning trident trick. Then his brother started yelling how there is no mercy in this dojo and finish him and "sweep the leg" or something. But then their mom, whose name I assume is "Martha" made him stop. It was better than MOS, BvS, SS and JL. Those are low bars though.


It's cool, dude. I know you dig it. You don't have to say it out loud. I got ya. :lol:

RedWingFan wrote:Trying to imagine this as a Namor movie, I'd probably feel the same about it. Black Panther underwater, but it would also matter on how it fit in with the rest of the Marvel Universe.


I'll say it right here and now: Marvel should not attempt a Namor movie. "Spock in a bathing suit" is not what the CBM world ordered. That character will inspire memes like you've never seen before. Marvel likely has one "in development" (meaning it's on the hidden slate, but no script has been commissioned) and they wanted to see how Aquaman was going to do. But DC did beat them to the punch this time. Fact. Waterboarded that Mary Poppins bullshit, too.

RedWingFan wrote:DC already blew that up by chasing $ by rushing BvS, and JL. Just imagine if they had released MOS, WW, then Aquaman then Flash like a few people in this thread suggested.


Can't resist, huh? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 am

@BORReport states "Aquaman grossed an estimated $10.13M on New Year's Eve Monday. Total [domestic[ gross stands at $199.51M."
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6219
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest