'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Wed May 13, 2020 6:32 pm

verslibre wrote:Those assholes just need to PAY the man!

I would much rather see him as the Witcher. It is a better fit for him.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri May 15, 2020 6:46 am

Monker wrote:

He already is the Witcher. He doesn't spend twelve months working on that show.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri May 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Why didn't anybody here talk about the Harley Quinn animated series on DCU?, and now SyFy That is hilarious. Basically an Adult Swim version of the DCU. Too funny when the brought up Suicide Squad. "Oh, we got uniforms! What's 'Suicide Squad?'" <hold up shirt with Suicide Squad printed on the front> Harley says, "Oh, it's some new group that keeps bugging me to join them."

And, KiteMan or Human Kite, or whatever, is a real DC thing? They used that in the South Park game...I thought they made it up. Hillarious.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Sat May 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Monker wrote:Why didn't anybody here talk about the Harley Quinn animated series on DCU?, and now SyFy That is hilarious. Basically an Adult Swim version of the DCU. Too funny when the brought up Suicide Squad. "Oh, we got uniforms! What's 'Suicide Squad?'" <hold up shirt with Suicide Squad printed on the front> Harley says, "Oh, it's some new group that keeps bugging me to join them."

And, KiteMan or Human Kite, or whatever, is a real DC thing? They used that in the South Park game...I thought they made it up. Hillarious.

I haven't gotten around to watching yet. I just finished the Batman series (with Batmite) from the 70's. About to start on the good Batman show from the 90's.

Didn't care for the Bird's movie, so Harley is down on the list now.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Monker » Mon May 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Abitaman wrote:
Monker wrote:Why didn't anybody here talk about the Harley Quinn animated series on DCU?, and now SyFy That is hilarious. Basically an Adult Swim version of the DCU. Too funny when the brought up Suicide Squad. "Oh, we got uniforms! What's 'Suicide Squad?'" <hold up shirt with Suicide Squad printed on the front> Harley says, "Oh, it's some new group that keeps bugging me to join them."

I haven't gotten around to watching yet. I just finished the Batman series (with Batmite) from the 70's. About to start on the good Batman show from the 90's.

Didn't care for the Bird's movie, so Harley is down on the list now.

Well, this isn't like the Harley Quinn from the movies. In fact, one review I saw on YouTube said they talked to Margot Robbie to get some insight on her version of Harley...so they could be sure to not include any of those ideas. Yes, this version is primarily a comedy...very much an "Adult Swim" type, R rated, comedy. But, when it comes down to it, it becomes more of a story about relationships, how Harley, Poison Ivy, and even some of the minor characters, deal with their flaws...which is why I like it. Of course the main one is Harley breaking up with Joker and her dealing with the consequences of what that relationship really was and what love and friendship truly is. There are some truly emotional moments during this series. And, there are some truly "evil" moments in here too...Not just Joker, but the crazy fairy tale princess lady probably tops it all.

If you start looking at reviews on YouTube, many will say it's their favorite version of Harley Quinn...and I can understand why. It's a REALLY good show. Would I recommend a DC show if I didn't think it was THAT good? The episodes are short, you could binge season 1 over a weekend...I saw it via SyFy on demand. It's definitely worth the time. HBO Max should steal this show...or at least keep rerunning them on SyFy.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Tue May 19, 2020 2:00 am

Glad to here is not like the Birds movie. May have to move up on list
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:

He already is the Witcher. He doesn't spend twelve months working on that show.

Henry has answered this question recently. He has spoken about the Superman character in interviews. An interviewer asked "Would the role of The Witcher prevent you from Superman?" and he said "You guys, the thing is, regardless, I can fit two big projects in a year no problem. There's room for two" and the Superman status is "You'll see". Henry is definitely still in negotiations. How wild is it that THE SNYDER CUT IS HAPPENING!!!!!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:How wild is it that THE SNYDER CUT IS HAPPENING!!!!!

Monker's ecstatic!! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu May 21, 2020 7:07 am

Epic turn of events! The Snyder Cut to be released in 2021! Reshoots will be done and funded. Actors to be called back. A possible 6 part epic into episodes that continues storied arcs and cliffhangers. Revolutionary!

I jizzed. #DCONFIIIIAAAAAAAA!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 am

How are the usual Hype suspects handling the news? :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu May 21, 2020 10:04 pm

v,

I'm still in the JL forum. The usuals came out from under their rock but most of them congratulated the true fans. Everyone is excited, especially over the new format. 4 hr cut, documentary, etc where we are getting WAY more to what we bargained for!

Also, Henry showed up live to announce this on the watch party and Dany Garcia was very active. She wrote on his Instagram: "Exciting times!" so basically, the negotiations included the SnyderCut. Henry is all but back baby! And The Snyder Cut is a TOTALLY, TOTALLY different Superman film! Happy day.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri May 22, 2020 12:42 am

I've been pretty critical about Snyder's DC films, but the news of the Snyder cut of Justice League is definitely exciting. With the extended running time, it may even be a classic. As mentioned before, the extended cut of Batman vs. Superman is pretty good - minus Eisenberg's shit acting as Luthor.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun May 24, 2020 12:48 pm

This is happening gents. At&t is all in. They just resurrected Snyder's canon back from the ashes. There's longterm implications at stake. Contracts are being extended. Additional photography is going to be givin to Zack to uphold his vision. Arcs are going to continue. Roles will be expanded. Films like MoS2 will be set up via the Snyder Cut. Darkseid is coming. They have 2 or 3 models and platforms that can work within DC's Multiverse. Erza Miller's Flash already appeared on The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths. These are unprecended times. Truly a lighting in the bottle opportunity to be had. Nothing like this has ever happend under these conditions. A true unique circumstance. Fans are going out of their goddamn minds. At&t didn't even stop there. Ayers Suicide Squad Cut is also on the table. Everything is a possibility. As TNC said, this is must-watch and an instant classic in the making. Grab your fucking popcorn.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sun May 24, 2020 3:30 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:This is happening gents. At&t is all in. They just resurrected Snyder's canon back from the ashes. There's longterm implications at stake. Contracts are being extended. Additional photography is going to be givin to Zack to uphold his vision. Arcs are going to continue. Roles will be expanded. Films like MoS2 will be set up via the Snyder Cut. Darkseid is coming. They have 2 or 3 models and platforms that can work within DC's Multiverse. Erza Miller's Flash already appeared on The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths. These are unprecended times. Truly a lighting in the bottle opportunity to be had. Nothing like this has ever happend under these conditions. A true unique circumstance. Fans are going out of their goddamn minds. At&t didn't even stop there. Ayers Suicide Squad Cut is also on the table. Everything is a possibility. As TNC said, this is must-watch and an instant classic in the making. Grab your fucking popcorn.

And, this is why it should have never happened. That is a complete over reaction to the reality of what happened.

There was/is no version to simply release. It is taking $30,000,000 to complete. This happened because HBOMax needs the original content and has a budget to pay for it. That is all. Frankly, if there is not a visible increase in subscribers when it is released then it is a failed investment.

Jumping ahead and saying it will spawn all these is crazy talk.

The must watch RIGHT NOW is Harley Quinn. If you DC fans can't even support the best thing DC has done, then I doubt very much that Snyder's JL will put HBOMax into competition with Netflix and Disney+. That is what this is really about.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun May 24, 2020 10:37 pm

Fucking nonsense. Crazy talk is what led us here. This is absolutely huge and it will be even bigger in 2021. You don't pour that type of money into something that was sitting on someone's hard drive if you didn't think there was major value to behold. A 30 mil (possibly more) budget is insane and it's you and the crow eaters who are downplaying it. People said it would never happen and it doesn't exist. It does and there WILL BE additional photography and it will be a major event series. 4-6 hr content is absolutely no fucking joke. Bet your ass Snyder's canon is back and will be involved in more spinoffs and content. And yes, it IS all about content. For At&t to drop this type of bomb to CARRY their subscription then the haters must take their ball and go the fuck home now. Go. Take the L.

That is all. Frankly, if there is not a visible increase in subscribers when it is released then it is a failed investment.

And if it's huge?

If you DC fans can't even support the best thing DC has done..

Do you have any damn idea what the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement did? Fans bought fucking billboards. They bought charter planes. They bought banners for NYC. They raised THOUSANDS for charity when it came to suicide awareness and help centers. The #ReleaseTheSnyderCut trended at an absolute constant. Seriously, GFY.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon May 25, 2020 9:12 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Fucking nonsense. Crazy talk is what led us here.

Led us WHERE? It's common sense that WB would not invest further into a film that lost money. It was NOT a finished "cut". $30 million dollars is the cost of some films. How much did Joker cost? If it were not for HBOMax having a budget, this would never have happened.

This is absolutely huge and it will be even bigger in 2021. You don't pour that type of money into something that was sitting on someone's hard drive if you didn't think there was major value to behold.

First of all, that is not what happened. THIS IS NOT A FINISHED FILM sitting on Snyder's hard drive.

Do you not understand that HBO needs subscribers to compete with Netflix and Disney+? That is what this is about. It is not about some Flash movie, or the return of "The Snyder canon." Again, I will say that if people do not subscribe when this is released, then it is FAILED INVESTMENT.

A 30 mil (possibly more) budget is insane and it's you and the crow eaters who are downplaying it.

Yes, $30 million dollars is enough to fund MULTIPLE HBOMax style movies...so if this does not bring in subscribers, it is a failed investment that would have been better spent on other original content, or buying other series or franchises

As for me "downplaying it", I'm just being realistic. You are in some fantasy land triggered by the high of getting what you wanted.

People said it would never happen and it doesn't exist. It does and there WILL BE additional photography and it will be a major event series.

It didn't exist. It was UNFINISHED. It is "extra scenes" to tell the story Snyder wanted. It is finishing SFX. It money SNYDER requested to finish his story. HBOMax didn't just dump money into it to add EXTRA shit. It would never have happened if HBOMax did not have a budget. The bottom line, if streaming did not exist, neither would this deal.

4-6 hr content is absolutely no fucking joke.

Oh, please. This started with being over a 3hr movie. Now, you are almost doubling it to six hours. That's bullshit. It's not a joke, it's fantasy.

Bet your ass Snyder's canon is back and will be involved in more spinoffs and content.

Prove it.

And yes, it IS all about content. For At&t to drop this type of bomb to CARRY their subscription then the haters must take their ball and go the fuck home now. Go. Take the L.

NO, millions of people need to subscribe to HBOMax when this is released, or it failed....again.

That is all. Frankly, if there is not a visible increase in subscribers when it is released then it is a failed investment.

And if it's huge?

Then HBOMax has a future and can play with the big boys of Netflix and Disney+. If it fails to bring in subscribers, then they are with the likes of the Peacock network and CBS All Access.

If you DC fans can't even support the best thing DC has done..

Do you have any damn idea what the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement did? Fans bought fucking billboards. They bought charter planes. They bought banners for NYC. They raised THOUSANDS for charity when it came to suicide awareness and help centers. The #ReleaseTheSnyderCut trended at an absolute constant. Seriously, GFY.

Well, so? They didn't give HBOMax their budget. All of that is great, really. It kept the attention of WB and they gave it a shot on their new streaming service - that NEEDS content to compete.

What it didn't do is get WB to create a new budget just to finish the "Snyder Cut" and get it rereleased into theaters. That would never have happened...and that is where we were when all of this started years ago.

HOWEVER, my point is that you wieners need to subscribe in droves when this is released on HBOMax. If you can't even support Harley Quinn, then it causes me to doubt that you will all spend the monthly subscription fee to HBOMax. If subscribers don't come then this experiment failed and it is doubtful it will ever happen again.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon May 25, 2020 10:14 pm

No fucking shit Monker. All you said is common fucking sense dude and was known forever. We knew the FX needed work, the score, color application, etc needed finished since Zack was in the middle of post production.

The fans had a ton to do with the movement to make this thing a reality. HBOMax would NOT dish out this type of money to ressurect a failure OR if they thought this thing had no value OR an audience. The Snyder Cut movement was its own hyped up marketing. We are at a far cry from 2017. As Debbie Snyder said, the streaming service simply wasn't available or an option THEN.

The thing is, it is not a fantasy land to think that if this does well like it should to carry subscribers into HBOMax, then you can most certainly expect canon to be expanded, especially in a post-Mandalorian world AND a post Covid-19 world for the cinematic pandemic experience.

Streaming and these mini-series made for television with big money thrown at Disney Plus-HBOMax may be the new norm in Hollywood (and remember, JJ Abrams' Bad Robot company signed a deal with WarnerMedia and he's already involved in some capacity with HBOMax).

And givin the format of streaming, they can get 4-6 hrs out of this thing, EASILY, especially with Zack's content. I bet Zack will get the greenlight to add additional photography, even if it's loose end (I'd bet the house Harry Lennix shoots his Martian Manhunter scene).

In fact, Snyder's style is more designed for something like this to format. He always shoots a ton of footage where the studio has to extremely cut down to fit into time slots in the theaters. Here, Zack can show EVERYTHING he shot in episode form.

As for Harley Quinn, shut your pie hole. Has nothing to do with anything and is irrelevant to any success's the Snyder Cut could bring. The Snyder Cut movement was a phenom to behold.

You are in some fantasy land triggered by the high of getting what you wanted.

Fans were told they were living in fantasy land this entire time...yet here we are. :lol: And you're GODDAMN RIGHT we got what we wanted. Anything is possible.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 26, 2020 2:47 am

Jay Olivia bitches!

Reaching out to the actors to do additional shots is because HBO wants him to shoot more stuff so we can all subscribe to something longer than what was planned for the theatrical release in 2017.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 26, 2020 3:34 am

Tyrone Magnus reacts to the Snyder Cut announcement :lol:

https://youtu.be/95saE4icGYA
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue May 26, 2020 8:16 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:No fucking shit Monker. All you said is common fucking sense dude and was known forever. We knew the FX needed work, the score, color application, etc needed finished since Zack was in the middle of post production.

And, more scenes. $30 million that Zack request to finish the film. No studio was going to dump money into a film that already lost money and then rerelease it. That was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

The fans had a ton to do with the movement to make this thing a reality. HBOMax would NOT dish out this type of money to ressurect a failure OR if they thought this thing had no value OR an audience. The Snyder Cut movement was its own hyped up marketing. We are at a far cry from 2017. As Debbie Snyder said, the streaming service simply wasn't available or an option THEN.

HBOMax is investing in a "thing" that already exists, that they hope will bring in a certain group of people as subscribers, instead of adding other original content. Yes, JL *IS* a 'failure' - by YOUR standards. So, they ARE "ressurect"ing a failure.

The thing is, it is not a fantasy land to think that if this does well like it should to carry subscribers into HBOMax, then you can most certainly expect canon to be expanded, especially in a post-Mandalorian world AND a post Covid-19 world for the cinematic pandemic experience.

Look at the state of DC. You have like three different "canons" already. You have the original canon. Then you have the Joker canon. Now "The Batman" is going to introduce a third canon. Then, of course, there is the Arrowverse. So, you actually believe that a show on a streaming service is going to push DC into yet another canon? That's just ridiculous. This will stand on its own.

Streaming and these mini-series made for television with big money thrown at Disney Plus-HBOMax may be the new norm in Hollywood (and remember, JJ Abrams' Bad Robot company signed a deal with WarnerMedia and he's already involved in some capacity with HBOMax).

Bad Robot has a couple series already lined up for HBOMax...and they look pretty lame to me. Are you actually implying that they are going to jump into the DC Snyderverse as well?

And givin the format of streaming, they can get 4-6 hrs out of this thing, EASILY, especially with Zack's content. I bet Zack will get the greenlight to add additional photography, even if it's loose end (I'd bet the house Harry Lennix shoots his Martian Manhunter scene).

#1. It's an unfinished film. the $30mill is to finish the film.
#2. Doubling the size of the film to six hours will double the budget. How much was the budget for JL? It was a LOT more than $15 dollars.
#3. As I understood it, the $30mill was to INCLUDE additional shooting with the main cast to finish Snyder's vision.
#4. You seriously thing they have the budget to add new characters and actors with this budget. Come on.
#5. You are taking this from $30mill to finish Snyder's JL to doubling the size of the film, doubling the size of the budget, making this a $100mill project at least. It's just not going to happen.

Six 30min episodes, finishing Snyders original vision. That is what is budgeted for.

In fact, Snyder's style is more designed for something like this to format. He always shoots a ton of footage where the studio has to extremely cut down to fit into time slots in the theaters. Here, Zack can show EVERYTHING he shot in episode form.

Yeah, so? He'll get six 30min episodes to finish his vision.

As for Harley Quinn, shut your pie hole. Has nothing to do with anything and is irrelevant to any success's the Snyder Cut could bring. The Snyder Cut movement was a phenom to behold.

It shows the committment to quality DC programming. It doesn't seem as strong as you are preaching.

There are other movements that had more success...pushing studios to new budgets for new content. This is a success, but you are WAY over estimating the accomplishment.

You are in some fantasy land triggered by the high of getting what you wanted.

Fans were told they were living in fantasy land this entire time...yet here we are. :lol: And you're GODDAMN RIGHT we got what we wanted. Anything is possible.

No, it's not. The money Snyder has to spend is not unlimited. He has the money to spend to complete his original vision, but not to double the size of it and complete the fandom's vision.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue May 26, 2020 10:04 am

Dude, I don't know WTF your agenda is, but... :lol:

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:No fucking shit Monker. All you said is common fucking sense dude and was known forever. We knew the FX needed work, the score, color application, etc needed finished since Zack was in the middle of post production.

And, more scenes. $30 million that Zack request to finish the film. No studio was going to dump money into a film that already lost money and then rerelease it. That was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

1) Zack is getting that money. Yes. And I fail to understand how it's this bad thing you're trying to paint.

2) 30 million is not chump change. If Zack screened his rough cut (I doubt it was the assembly cut, that would be four or five hours of material), and AT&T was impressed enough to grant him 30 big ones, that is a colossal win. That has never happened before in the history of cinema...

A new film will exist that will essentially "erase" the theatrical cut, a cut which Warner Bros. steadfastly lied to the fans about. Only fairly recently did we learn that J.W. reshot most of Zack's movie because he unable to approximate light values, contrast, and who knows what else and make it mesh with Zack's preexisting footage.

Monker wrote:HBOMax is investing in a "thing" that already exists, that they hope will bring in a certain group of people as subscribers, instead of adding other original content. Yes, JL *IS* a 'failure' - by YOUR standards. So, they ARE "ressurect"ing a failure.

HBO Max is offering 10,000 hours of content up-front, and the Warner Archives are much deeper than that. By and large, I estimate most subscribers won't even be fans of superhero cinema. So what again is your point? There is going to be more content regardless, original and otherwise.

Monker wrote:Look at the state of DC. You have like three different "canons" already. You have the original canon. Then you have the Joker canon. Now "The Batman" is going to introduce a third canon. Then, of course, there is the Arrowverse. So, you actually believe that a show on a streaming service is going to push DC into yet another canon? That's just ridiculous. This will stand on its own.

You don't know where Reeves' movie is going to land. All of the above can merely be dubbed "Elseworlds" after DC's line of comics and stories that exist apart from the main canon. And I still don't know why your panties are bunched up. :lol:

Monker wrote:Bad Robot has a couple series already lined up for HBOMax...and they look pretty lame to me. Are you actually implying that they are going to jump into the DC Snyderverse as well?

And if JJ makes a Superman movie? So what? Why are you losing sleep over this? :lol:

Monker wrote:No, it's not. The money Snyder has to spend is not unlimited. He has the money to spend to complete his original vision, but not to double the size of it and complete the fandom's vision.

HUH? Zack is not reshooting an entire movie! HE HAS A CUT. The FX are not finished, no, but HE HAS A CUT. Just stop. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue May 26, 2020 10:50 am

verslibre wrote:1) Zack is getting that money. Yes. And I fail to understand how it's this bad thing you're trying to paint.

I am not saying it is a bad thing. I am saying it is not enough money to finish a 3hr movie, and then double the size of it to a six hour movie.

2) 30 million is not chump change. If Zack screened his rough cut (I doubt it was the assembly cut, that would be four or five hours of material), and AT&T was impressed enough to grant him 30 big ones, that is a colossal win. That has never happened before in the history of cinema...

Wrong.
Farscape was canceled early and a fan campaign, "Save Farscape", brought it back for a two part mini-series.
Firefly was canceled after one season and a relentless fan campaign got a new movie.

Both are more impressive to me because studios had to come up with a NEW budget and create both from the ground up. They did not have to rely on the budget of a new service looking for new content.

Also, you are GUESSING on the amount of content. In addition, much of it was rewritten and refilmed for the release, meaning that "new" material does not make the movie any longer. It was planned to be a 3:30 long movie, which Universal felt was too long and was cut down to it released length. There is no six hours worth of footage. That's bullshit.

You are also IGNORING the FACT that HBOMax is a NEW streaming service looking for NEW content. The unifnished Snyder version fit perfectly. There was no risk for budgeting it for release to theaters...it comes out of HBOMax's budget for new programming. There was no risk to the studio...it is a risk that HBOMax is willing to take to get subscribers. For the cost of a couple original series, they can get what should be a theater quality film...and a bunch of new subscribers to the service. THAT is what this is about.

A new film will exist that will essentially "erase" the theatrical cut, a cut which Warner Bros. steadfastly lied to the fans about. Only fairly recently did we learn that J.W. reshot most of Zack's movie because he unable to approximate light values, contrast, and who knows what else and make it mesh with Zack's preexisting footage.

First of all, I don't think JL has much there to erase. It's not like it has much of a following. HOWEVER, to say that the DCU is now going to jump off of Snyder's JL as canon based off of a streaming movie is WAY too early to state as fact.

HBO Max is offering 10,000 hours of content up-front, and the Warner Archives are much deeper than that. By and large, I estimate most subscribers won't even be fans of superhero cinema. So what again is your point? There is going to be more content regardless, original and otherwise.

That is true. But, people do not give a shit about watching old content. Ask Disney. How many times can people watch the 9 Star Wars films, or the Marvel films....and pay for it monthly? Without QUALITY new content, the model doesn't work ASk CBS All Access. The Mandolorian is what "made" Disney+ competitive...not End Game.

You don't know where Reeves' movie is going to land. All of the above can merely be dubbed "Elseworlds" after DC's line of comics and stories that exist apart from the main canon. And I still don't know why your panties are bunched up. :lol:

The point is that it is NUTS to have yet another 'canon' out there. You all want "Joker" to be canon. You want Snyderverse to be canon. It's just crazy.

There is no canon Batman.
There is no canon Joker.
Who REALLY is Superman is questionable.
But, hey, Arrowverse is cool! But, it's not canon to the movies.

It's ridiculous. And, to throw in Snyderverse as a canon is just a dumb idea. Somebody needs to take the reigns at DC and move in ONE direction.

Monker wrote:Bad Robot has a couple series already lined up for HBOMax...and they look pretty lame to me. Are you actually implying that they are going to jump into the DC Snyderverse as well?

And if JJ makes a Superman movie? So what? Why are you losing sleep over this? :lol:

What does that have to do with him being involved in HBOMax? Are you saying a Superman movie for HBOMax?

What I'll say to that is SOMEBODY needs to decide who is playing Superman, if the past Superman movies connect to him, and what the future is. If that is JJ, well, good for him. But, if JJ has a version, Snyder has a version, Arrowverse has a version, and person X has a version...then it is a convoluted mess.

Monker wrote:No, it's not. The money Snyder has to spend is not unlimited. He has the money to spend to complete his original vision, but not to double the size of it and complete the fandom's vision.

HUH? Zack is not reshooting an entire movie! HE HAS A CUT. The FX are not finished, no, but HE HAS A CUT. Just stop. :lol:

He does not have a six hour "cut". In fact, he doesn't even have a complete 'cut' of any size as some scenes were not even shot. There is not going to be a doubling of the size of the movie, that is just fantasy. $30mill would not be enough to do what you two are saying.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 27, 2020 4:42 am

BAHYAH, YAH-HUH, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS. EVERYTHING WE DO, WE DO IT BIIIG, YAHUH!

Breaking: On a podcast, WarnerMedia CEO Bob Greenblatt quipped “I wish it was just $30 million” about the budget to complete the Snyder Cut for
@hbomax. Reshoots/additional photography are looking more likely.

We shall see won't we? And even if it's nothing else? Like you said v, COLOSSUS WIN nonetheless. Smoke that stogie bruh!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 am

"I wish it was just 30 million"??? :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Yeah, I don't think Fatscrape got that kind of moola. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 27, 2020 7:13 am

PODCAST: Warner Media talks HBOMax; Snyder Cut (31:40)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/h ... 0475781603

J
U
I
C
Y
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 am

WarnerMedia Chairman Bob Greenblatt says he had months of discussions with Zack Snyder regarding his version of Justice League and how to do it. He says is building it and it is complex with new VFX shots and widely expensive. Greenblatt says it will cost more than $30M to finish.

8)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 27, 2020 11:59 am

HBO Max's Green Lantern & Justice League Dark TV shows will have the "highest level of cinematic production values"
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu May 28, 2020 11:13 am

BREAKING NEWS: Henry Cavill to return as Superman in multiple DC Films.

Lets goooooo!!!!!! \S/! My heart is beating out of my goddamn chest!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 am

Come on guys, this is exactly what I am trying to say:

Here is your full quote:

"It isn't as easy as going into the vault and there is a Snyder Cut sitting there waiting to be put out. It does not exist. Zach is actually building it, and it's complex, including additional new VFX shots. It's a radical rethinking of that movie and it's complicated and wildly expensive. I'll just say I wish it was just $30million and stop there."

This is NOT taking the "Snyder Cut" and turning it into a 6 hour series. That's ridiculous. You guys know the story line he wants better than I do and even I know that he probably has to reshoot half the movie. There was never a "Snyder Cut" where all he needed was SFX touch ups or whatever the hell you guys are saying. It isn't a movie sitting on his hard drive waiting for some touch ups.

But, honestly, I have heard as much as $70million to finish this thing. That's ridiculous. If they don't get a ton of subscribers, this is a bad deal. Period. In the end, WB/HBO/ATT may regret doing this if it fails.

Watch Steve Perry talk about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQpjXkNEW4
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:44 am

Haven't been here in awhile, but this is hilarious. :lol:
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara