'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Darkseid is coming!

And he's hungry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prlA7r8H1sE
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:23 pm

I don't know,if it's funny or sad, but this "trailer" is more interesting than MOS or BvS. :lol:
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7860
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:42 pm

Ray Fishers Cyborg all but confirmed for Flash!

When the fan asked Barbara to remember to include Ray Fisher in the film, the producer had a simple answer: “Obvio!!!” or “Obviously!!!” For quite some time, Ray Fisher’s future in the DCEU has been uncertain, but with this confirmation, as well as the talks happening with HBO Max and WarnerMedia for a Cyborg series, it seems Fisher and fans have a lot to look forward to.

Slated for release June 2, 2022, The Flash will be directed by Andy Muschietti and will star Ezra Miller in the titular role, as well as Ray Fisher as Cyborg.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:44 pm

RedWingFan wrote:I don't know,if it's funny or sad, but this "trailer" is more interesting than Josstice League :lol:


Fixed. :lol: Also, it was a teaser. Full trailer on August 22nd for DC FanDOME. See ya then! :lol:
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:48 am

RedWingFan wrote:I don't know,if it's funny or sad, but this "trailer" is more interesting than MOS or BvS. :lol:


I think it's equally funny AND sad that trolls gotta troll! :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:49 am

Glad to hear Ray's coming back as Cyborg. Too cool an actor AND character to leave out.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:18 am

verslibre wrote:Glad to hear Ray's coming back as Cyborg. Too cool an actor AND character to leave out.


Well, if Rey becomes a cyborg, wouldn't that mean she is a female version of Darth Vader?
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:27 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Glad to hear Ray's coming back as Cyborg. Too cool an actor AND character to leave out.


Well, if Rey becomes a cyborg, wouldn't that mean she is a female version of Darth Vader?


Wrong thread. "Star Wars sucks (except for ANH '77 and Rogue One)" is over there.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:52 am

Since Batfleck is out, maybe they should bring Tim Burton's Batman back into canon. They seem to want an older Batman so they could get one of those guys back into the role. And, they would already have Robin, Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, Two Face, etc and their backstories. Doesn't that sound like a great idea?

LOL :D
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 am

Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:49 am

verslibre wrote:Image


DC fans are going to EAAAAT. We will be fed! The redemption is on another level. No time has there been a better power play move. How long have we been talking about the Multiverse? That is DC's baby and glad they are going ALL IN on the concept. It's something the MCU simply can't do and won't do properly. I can hear the phones going off in Sony's offices gearing up for a live-action Spider-Verse because DC has the next gamechanger. When Erza showed up on Crisis On Infinite Earth's, that was the shift. That was the statement. It's only the beginning. DC is going for it. About time!
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:55 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:DC fans are going to EAAAAT. We will be fed! The redemption is on another level. No time has there been a better power play move. How long have we been talking about the Multiverse? That is DC's baby and glad they are going ALL IN on the concept. It's something the MCU simply can't do and won't do properly. I can hear the phones going off in Sony's offices gearing up for a live-action Spider-Verse because DC has the next gamechanger. When Erza showed up on Crisis On Infinite Earth's, that was the shift. That was the statement. It's only the beginning. DC is going for it. About time!


LOL...first of all the MCU has already put forth its Multiverse in both Endgame and "Into the Spiderverse". And, they literally have had an upcoming movie titled, "The Multiverse of Madness". So, saying they can't do it is really, really dumb.

But, regardless, now you can have Michael Keaton back as Batman. Yeah, that's a gamechanger. LOL

And, yeah, Marvel can do a live action version of "Into the Spiderverse" with Toby McGuire showing up. I'm sure you know that.

Also, as far as I can tell, the Snyderverse is only on HBOMax, which has a limited audience anyway...android phones and Samsung TV's, and that's about it. It is a failure of a platform.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 am

Who's sweating it harder, Feige or Monker? :lol:

I love it.

DCFandome is going blow the roof off the joint. Did Endgame even happen? Nobody talks about it. Forgettable. The Multiverse will have how many realities of Chris Evans' Captain America doing different things in the universe? BORING.

Earth 89's Batman looking over parallel universes who interacts with Erza's Flash? YAHTZEE. As I said, Sony's phones are ringing off the hook. DC set yet another trend. All these WORLDS existing into one, not timelines. Mmmmmm,mmmm good.

I might have to get a bigger stogie to light. v, let me know when you can give me a light.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:58 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Who's sweating it harder, Feige or Monker? :lol:

I love it.

DCFandome is going blow the roof off the joint. Did Endgame even happen? Nobody talks about it. Forgettable. The Multiverse will have how many realities of Chris Evans' Captain America doing different things in the universe? BORING.

Earth 89's Batman looking over parallel universes who interacts with Erza's Flash? YAHTZEE. As I said, Sony's phones are ringing off the hook. DC set yet another trend. All these WORLDS existing into one, not timelines. Mmmmmm,mmmm good.

I might have to get a bigger stogie to light. v, let me know when you can give me a light.
'

Well, I'm not sweating at all, and I doubt Feige is either. All I am saying is that the MCU has made the multiverse part of their plans for years now. It started with the first Dr. Strange movie and continued with Endgame. "Into the Spiderverse" is a direct reference to the multiverse. In the future, the MCU will have Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch in "Multiverse of Madness". Starting with the Wanda/Vision series leading into the movie. I doubt very much it will have anything to do with multiple Captain America's. You saying that the MCU can't do a multiverse is ignorant and laughable...it's been planned and happening for years now....especially when they already did a miutiverse movie with "Into the Spiderverse".

I read about Toby McGuire being in a Spiderman movie months ago. That has nothing to do with Ezra or Michael Keaton. It has more to do with the success of "Into the Spiderverse" making it a possibility. Also, Miles is being brought into the gaming franchise in the next Spiderman game....which is incredibly timely given that this year will have the release of the next gen consoles. So, again, they have been setting this up for months. I can definitely see a multiverse movie with Toby McGuire, Tom Holland, maybe Andrew Garfield, and a new actor to play Miles Morales.

So, IMO, you are making fanboy statements about things that just don't match reality.

As for Ezra, I haven't followed the story too closely so how do you know that he hasn't choked his way out of the role of Flash? Also, Flash is going to be over shadowed by Michael Keaton's Batman...even your own statements imply that. IMO, bringing back Michael Keaton could be a miscalculation and very underwhelming. It's way past his time. I also do not trust a script written by the people who wrote Harley Quinn...even if there are others involved. This is far from a guaranteed hit or new direction.

And, none of this is going to matter if the Trump Virus keeps theaters closed.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:09 am

Erza talking Multiverse and this was awhile ago!

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRapNerd88 ... 8079288325
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:17 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Who's sweating it harder, Feige or Monker? :lol:

I love it.

DCFandome is going blow the roof off the joint. Did Endgame even happen? Nobody talks about it. Forgettable. The Multiverse will have how many realities of Chris Evans' Captain America doing different things in the universe? BORING.

Earth 89's Batman looking over parallel universes who interacts with Erza's Flash? YAHTZEE. As I said, Sony's phones are ringing off the hook. DC set yet another trend. All these WORLDS existing into one, not timelines. Mmmmmm,mmmm good.

I might have to get a bigger stogie to light. v, let me know when you can give me a light.
'

Well, I'm not sweating at all, and I doubt Feige is either. All I am saying is that the MCU has made the multiverse part of their plans for years now. It started with the first Dr. Strange movie and continued with Endgame. "Into the Spiderverse" is a direct reference to the multiverse. In the future, the MCU will have Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch in "Multiverse of Madness". Starting with the Wanda/Vision series leading into the movie. I doubt very much it will have anything to do with multiple Captain America's. You saying that the MCU can't do a multiverse is ignorant and laughable...it's been planned and happening for years now....especially when they already did a miutiverse movie with "Into the Spiderverse".

I read about Toby McGuire being in a Spiderman movie months ago. That has nothing to do with Ezra or Michael Keaton. It has more to do with the success of "Into the Spiderverse" making it a possibility. Also, Miles is being brought into the gaming franchise in the next Spiderman game....which is incredibly timely given that this year will have the release of the next gen consoles. So, again, they have been setting this up for months. I can definitely see a multiverse movie with Toby McGuire, Tom Holland, maybe Andrew Garfield, and a new actor to play Miles Morales.

So, IMO, you are making fanboy statements about things that just don't match reality.

As for Ezra, I haven't followed the story too closely so how do you know that he hasn't choked his way out of the role of Flash? Also, Flash is going to be over shadowed by Michael Keaton's Batman...even your own statements imply that. IMO, bringing back Michael Keaton could be a miscalculation and very underwhelming. It's way past his time. I also do not trust a script written by the people who wrote Harley Quinn...even if there are others involved. This is far from a guaranteed hit or new direction.

And, none of this is going to matter if the Trump Virus keeps theaters closed.


"I'm not sweating it.."

*Makes long winded post full of out of context diarrhea*

Kevin Feige: "Hey Edward! No hard feelings man, hey listen, what are you doing right now? No I swear we loved you as Hulk..go fuck myself? Oh darn."

Kevin Feige: "Hey Eric! Want to come back as Hu.."*click*.

Kevin Feige: "Can somebody get Lou's number"?


:lol: :lol:
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:55 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote: "I'm not sweating it.."

*Makes long winded post full of out of context diarrhea*


It's not out of context...it is in direct reply to you saying Marvel can not do a multiverse. The FACT is that they already have and it was an ignorant comment for you to make. And, they have plans to continue it. There is nothing there to seat about .
Marvel is the studio that has had remarkable success, record braking success.

On the other hand, DC is a scrambled mess that can't seem to get itself together. Not too long ago you were rambling how Harley Quinn would be a guaranteed hit...while I was saying it looked stupid. It bombed, worst DC movie thus far. Now you are rambling on about a Flash movie where you have the current Flash may have choked his way to being fired, and then leaning on a version of Batman that hasn't played the part in 30yrs all while trying to establish a new version of the DCU by using writers of the worst DC movie thus far.

Trust me, I'm not sweating at all. Marvel has been on a great path and it doesn't seem like anything has changed about that. If this DC multiverse works out, hey, great...I like Micheal Keaton, would love to see him back as Beetlejuice. But, I honestly find it very sketchy and I'm very skeptical about what DC is doing right now.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:14 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote: "I'm not sweating it.."

*Makes long winded post full of out of context diarrhea*


It's not out of context...it is in direct reply to you saying Marvel can not do a multiverse. The FACT is that they already have and it was an ignorant comment for you to make. And, they have plans to continue it.


Any studio can do a time traveling film (it's already been done countless of times) and call it a Multiverse. I said they can't do it properly like DC will, because it's their baby and it has always been their baby and their thing. Just like when Feige caught wind of BvS, he scrambled for Civil War. Bet your ass his phones rang off the hook along with Sony to pump a live action Spider-Verse (not animation, doof).

Once Erza showed up on Crisis on Infinite Earths, that was THEE first time different live action actors of the same character crossed over. That's a FACT. The Multiverse done right isn't just timelines with the same actors. Dr.Strange and the Multiverse of Madness might be called what it's called..

..but it's not the true Multiverse done right because the MCU is one connected timeline. DC is blowing the Multiverse off its hinges and connecting ALL THEIR WORLDS that were already created since 1978.

Huge difference buttface. :D Besides, Geoff Johns has been talking Multiverse since 2014. Now, everything is spear headed by the legend...Jim Lee.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:20 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote: "I'm not sweating it.."

*Makes long winded post full of out of context diarrhea*


It's not out of context...it is in direct reply to you saying Marvel can not do a multiverse. The FACT is that they already have and it was an ignorant comment for you to make. And, they have plans to continue it.


Any studio can do a time traveling film (it's already been done countless of times) and call it a Multiverse. I said they can't do it properly like DC will, because it's their baby and it has always been their baby and their thing. Just like when Feige caught wind of BvS, he scrambled for Civil War. Bet your ass his phones rang off the hook along with Sony to pump a live action Spider-Verse (not animation, doof).

Once Erza showed up on Crisis on Infinite Earths, that was THEE first time different live action actors of the same character crossed over. That's a FACT. The Multiverse done right isn't just timelines with the same actors. Dr.Strange and the Multiverse of Madness might be called what it's called..

..but it's not the true Multiverse done right because the MCU is one connected timeline. DC is blowing the Multiverse off its hinges and connecting ALL THEIR WORLDS that were already created since 1978.

Huge difference buttface. :D Besides, Geoff Johns has been talking Multiverse since 2014. Now, everything is spear headed by the legend...Jim Lee.


First of all, you are wrong that the "Erza" crossover was the first time live action actors of the same character crossed over. As I said before, Dr. Who has done this many times, starting in 1972 with "The Three Doctors", then 1983 with "The Five Doctors", then 1982 with "The Two Doctors", then 1986 "The Trial of a Timelord" (though I don't think they shared a scene), 2007 with "Time Crash", 2013 with "The Day of the Doctor", 2014 with "Deep Breath", 2017 "The Doctor Falls", 2017 "Twice Upon a Time", 2020 "Fugitive of the Judoon".

So, DC was definitely not first to have two actors who played the same character share a scene...they were almost 50yrs too late for that first.

Then your argument is DC does multiverse better because there is no timeline. Again, "Into the Spiderverse" not does mess with timelines. I am saying that "End Game", "Doctor Strange", and even the two Antman movies have set up the MCU to use the multiverse. "Into the Spiderverse" was the first movie by EITHER DC or Marvel to use it. The fact that it is animated is irrelevant....it is a very good movie.

Quite frankly, I don't think I believe in alternate universes. I think there is a finite amount of matter and energy in our universe. There is no past, there is no future. There is only now, and the matter and energy that exists now. You can not travel to an alternate universe because the matter and energy that makes up "you" would already exist and you can not have it exist twice at the same time...so there would be a paradox. To make it work, the existing universe would have to be erased and that matter and energy used to create the "alternate" universe...completely erasing and replacing the current universe - as if it never existed.

That's my opinion, my theory. No multiverse, no "time" - only 'now', one finite amount of matter and energy...not infinite which is required to create the multiverse.

In other words, there is no "right" way to do this...because it is ALL fiction.

Your whole argument is basing it on DC doing it better. Well, they haven't done it yet in movies, and the movies are a completely different media than comics. Again, Ezra may have choked his way out of the Flash role, and the writer wrote the "Birds of Prey" move...the worst from the DCU thus far. Then Michael Keaton is 40yrs out of the Batman role. As far as I know Tim Burton has nothing to do with it. All of that weighs against this working.

Contrast that with the fact that "Into the Spiderverse" was very well received. The last Spiderman game was extremely popular. The sequel will introduce Miles to the Spiderman games...and will be a premier title for the PS5. Toby McGuire was not THAT long ago so it's not that hard to imagine him coming back. The Spiderman movies thus far have all been done well, as has Marvel in general. And, having Sam Raimi direct is a no brainer that it will be good. So, yes, I have much more confidence that this will work.

There has not been too much said about either WandaVision or "Multiverse of Madness"...only that they tie together. But, it is all going to be using the multiverse concept...and Wanda finding the full strength of her powers.

I think you are assuming way too much and basing it off of your enthusiasm for the comics. You did the same thing with Birds of Prey, saying that Harley's popularity guaranteed a success. The comic success with the multiverse does not guarantee a success in the movies...a different audience and different media.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 am

Leave the Doctor Magoo shit out of this, maaan! Irrevelant. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 am

Sony will keep making movies as long as they feel like keeping the licenses. If Disney wants them to "share," they'll have to pony up Sony's fee. Sony isn't hurting. Sony doesn't care. Marvel sold them the IPs in the '90s. So that is THAT.

The "Spiderverse" refers to Spider-Man and all the characters and rogues whose film rights were included in the deal.

It does NOT mean the Spiderverse and the MCU are occupying the same joint, as the mutants and the Fantastic Four and their associated IPs do.

Monker wrote:Your whole argument is basing it on DC doing it better. Well, they haven't done it yet in movies, and the movies are a completely different media than comics. Again, Ezra may have choked his way out of the Flash role, and the writer wrote the "Birds of Prey" move...the worst from the DCU thus far. Then Michael Keaton is 40yrs out of the Batman role. As far as I know Tim Burton has nothing to do with it. All of that weighs against this working.


Bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck about Tim Burton. That was then. This is now. Look at some of the crap he's done since. I don't want him anywhere near the DCEU. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monker wrote:Contrast that with the fact that "Into the Spiderverse" was very well received. The last Spiderman game was extremely popular. The sequel will introduce Miles to the Spiderman games...and will be a premier title for the PS5. Toby McGuire was not THAT long ago so it's not that hard to imagine him coming back. The Spiderman movies thus far have all been done well, as has Marvel in general. And, having Sam Raimi direct is a no brainer that it will be good. So, yes, I have much more confidence that this will work.


Oh, bullshit. You fucking shill. I like Raimi, too, but if you think he hasn't made any clunkers, you're clueless. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:29 am

verslibre wrote:Leave the Doctor Magoo shit out of this, maaan! Irrevelant. :lol:


It's perfectly relevant when you want to claim that DC did it first. The fact is, they didn't. Actually, Sliders did it, too.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:39 am

verslibre wrote:Sony will keep making movies as long as they feel like keeping the licenses. If Disney wants them to "share," they'll have to pony up Sony's fee. Sony isn't hurting. Sony doesn't care. Marvel sold them the IPs in the '90s. So that is THAT.

The "Spiderverse" refers to Spider-Man and all the characters and rogues whose film rights were included in the deal.

It does NOT mean the Spiderverse and the MCU are occupying the same joint, as the mutants and the Fantastic Four and their associated IPs do.


So what, I never said anything disagreeing with that. "Into the Spiderverse" is a multiverse. Period. Sony and Marvel have been cooperating quite well...and Spiderman does crossover to the Marvel movies. Thus, they are related.

Monker wrote:Your whole argument is basing it on DC doing it better. Well, they haven't done it yet in movies, and the movies are a completely different media than comics. Again, Ezra may have choked his way out of the Flash role, and the writer wrote the "Birds of Prey" move...the worst from the DCU thus far. Then Michael Keaton is 40yrs out of the Batman role. As far as I know Tim Burton has nothing to do with it. All of that weighs against this working.


Bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck about Tim Burton. That was then. This is now. Look at some of the crap he's done since. I don't want him anywhere near the DCEU. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


That is only one point from what you quoted above. Glad you agree that the rest are valid.

Monker wrote:Contrast that with the fact that "Into the Spiderverse" was very well received. The last Spiderman game was extremely popular. The sequel will introduce Miles to the Spiderman games...and will be a premier title for the PS5. Toby McGuire was not THAT long ago so it's not that hard to imagine him coming back. The Spiderman movies thus far have all been done well, as has Marvel in general. And, having Sam Raimi direct is a no brainer that it will be good. So, yes, I have much more confidence that this will work.


Oh, bullshit. You fucking shill. I like Raimi, too, but if you think he hasn't made any clunkers, you're clueless. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Sam Raimi directing a Spiderman movie is huge news. Toby McGuire also being a part of that movie makes it even bigger.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:43 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Leave the Doctor Magoo shit out of this, maaan! Irrevelant. :lol:


It's perfectly relevant when you want to claim that DC did it first. The fact is, they didn't. Actually, Sliders did it, too.


Since you have such a hard-on for discussing characters crossing over into other characters' universes, timelines, neighborhoods, or whichever setting tickles your nuts, and/or moving forward and backward through timelines, keep in mind that DC draws on eighty years of publishing history.

I guess for you that would only make a difference had TV shows and films featuring multiple DC characters began appearing in 1940. It took decades for comic book properties to be considered viable, and DC still gatecrashed the boob tube and the silver screen with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and crushed that hurdle flat. It took a long time for monies to be invested to make these grandiose stories be adapted and waved through with the same conveniences afforded traditional SFF.

Oh, and the Green Hornet and Kato (as in Van Williams and Bruce Lee) appeared in three episodes of Batman (as in Adam West and Burt Ward). HA! :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 am

Monker wrote:So what, I never said anything disagreeing with that. "Into the Spiderverse" is a multiverse. Period. Sony and Marvel have been cooperating quite well...and Spiderman does crossover to the Marvel movies. Thus, they are related.


Thanks for the tip, Captain Obvious! :lol: My point was, again, if Disney wants to use Spidey, they have to PAY Sony because Sony isn't selling back. Disney would rather pay one big lump sum to get him Webhead back because he prints money.

And not everybody likes Holland.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck about Tim Burton. That was then. This is now. Look at some of the crap he's done since. I don't want him anywhere near the DCEU. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


That is only one point from what you quoted above. Glad you agree that the rest are valid.


Putting words in my mouth, like before. Some things never change! :lol:

Monker wrote:Sam Raimi directing a Spiderman movie is huge news. Toby McGuire also being a part of that movie makes it even bigger.


Again, I like Raimi, but he's not A-list like Nolan, Wan, Villeneuve, etc. Not these days.

And it's Tobey Maguire.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:23 am

First of all, you are wrong that the "Erza" crossover was the first time live action actors of the same character crossed over. As I said before, Dr. Who has done this many times, starting in 1972 with "The Three Doctors", then 1983 with "The Five Doctors", then 1982 with "The Two Doctors", then 1986 "The Trial of a Timelord" (though I don't think they shared a scene), 2007 with "Time Crash", 2013 with "The Day of the Doctor", 2014 with "Deep Breath", 2017 "The Doctor Falls", 2017 "Twice Upon a Time", 2020 "Fugitive of the Judoon".[/quote)

Dr.WHO GIVES A SHIT! :lol: We're not talking irrelevant 1960's British television shows, dickspash ( :lol: )

Then your argument is DC does multiverse better because there is no timeline.


DC does Multiverse better because DC does it better.

Again, "Into the Spiderverse" not does mess with timelines.


And?

I am saying that "End Game", "Doctor Strange", and even the two Antman movies have set up the MCU to use the multiverse.


Yawn.

"Into the Spiderverse" was the first movie by EITHER DC or Marvel to use it. The fact that it is animated is irrelevant....it is a very good movie.

Try again.

DCAU and the multiverse:
As first confirmed in Superman: The Animated Series episode “Brave New Metropolis, the DCAU exists in a multiverse, and is not subject only to influence from the citizens of it’s own universe. The DCAU itself showed glimpses of three different AUs, including:

Brave New Metropolis
Justice Guild Universe
Justice Lords Universe
After the DCAU ended, characters from the universe made cameos in a multiverse tale from Batman the Brave and the Bold episode ”Night of the Batmen“



'The Batman: Brave and the Bold' aired in 2011.

Your whole argument is basing it on DC doing it better.


That's because they do.

Well, they haven't done it yet in movies..


YET.

The Spiderman movies thus far have all been done well, as has Marvel in general.


The Holland movies are unwatchable hot garbage on a stick.


And, having Sam Raimi direct is a no brainer that it will be good. So, yes, I have much more confidence that this will work.


Shill.

There has not been too much said about either WandaVision or "Multiverse of Madness"...only that they tie together. But, it is all going to be using the multiverse concept...and Wanda finding the full strength of her powers.


Yawn.

You did the same thing with Birds of Prey, saying that Harley's popularity guaranteed a success.


Low budget; rated R heroine flick. Low risk attempts for the studio to delve in. Harley will be featured more in upcoming films. Bigger budget, tentpole world building films.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

First of all, you are wrong that the "Erza" crossover was the first time live action actors of the same character crossed over. As I said before, Dr. Who has done this many times, starting in 1972 with "The Three Doctors", then 1983 with "The Five Doctors", then 1982 with "The Two Doctors", then 1986 "The Trial of a Timelord" (though I don't think they shared a scene), 2007 with "Time Crash", 2013 with "The Day of the Doctor", 2014 with "Deep Breath", 2017 "The Doctor Falls", 2017 "Twice Upon a Time", 2020 "Fugitive of the Judoon".


Dr.WHO GIVES A SHIT! :lol: We're not talking irrelevant 1960's British television shows, dickspash ( :lol: )

Then your argument is DC does multiverse better because there is no timeline.


DC does Multiverse better because DC does it better.

Again, "Into the Spiderverse" not does mess with timelines.


And?

I am saying that "End Game", "Doctor Strange", and even the two Antman movies have set up the MCU to use the multiverse.


Yawn.

"Into the Spiderverse" was the first movie by EITHER DC or Marvel to use it. The fact that it is animated is irrelevant....it is a very good movie.


Try again.

DCAU and the multiverse:
As first confirmed in Superman: The Animated Series episode “Brave New Metropolis, the DCAU exists in a multiverse, and is not subject only to influence from the citizens of it’s own universe. The DCAU itself showed glimpses of three different AUs, including:

Brave New Metropolis
Justice Guild Universe
Justice Lords Universe
After the DCAU ended, characters from the universe made cameos in a multiverse tale from Batman the Brave and the Bold episode ”Night of the Batmen“



'The Batman: Brave and the Bold' aired in 2011.

Your whole argument is basing it on DC doing it better.


That's because they do.

Well, they haven't done it yet in movies..


YET.

The Spiderman movies thus far have all been done well, as has Marvel in general.


The Holland movies are unwatchable hot garbage on a stick.


And, having Sam Raimi direct is a no brainer that it will be good. So, yes, I have much more confidence that this will work.


Shill.

There has not been too much said about either WandaVision or "Multiverse of Madness"...only that they tie together. But, it is all going to be using the multiverse concept...and Wanda finding the full strength of her powers.


Yawn.

You did the same thing with Birds of Prey, saying that Harley's popularity guaranteed a success.


Low budget; rated R heroine flick. Low risk attempts for the studio to delve in. The studio got that title wrong. No casual knew that was a Harley film. Harley will be featured more in upcoming films. Bigger budget, tentpole world building films.
Last edited by YoungJRNYfan on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:27 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:So what, I never said anything disagreeing with that. "Into the Spiderverse" is a multiverse. Period. Sony and Marvel have been cooperating quite well...and Spiderman does crossover to the Marvel movies. Thus, they are related.


Thanks for the tip, Captain Obvious! :lol: My point was, again, if Disney wants to use Spidey, they have to PAY Sony because Sony isn't selling back. Disney would rather pay one big lump sum to get him Webhead back because he prints money.


Again, so what. Yeah, Disney would LOVE to have Spiderman back, I'm sure of that. But, so far, Sony plays ball to work together. Not THAT big of a deal. And, if Sony doesn't want to work with Marvel, again, so what...Marvel has a LOT of other things they are working on that all make money.

And not everybody likes Holland.


Which is why Tobie McGyver coming back in a live Spiderverse is a good thing.

verslibre wrote:Putting words in my mouth, like before. Some things never change! :lol:


And, you still don't disagree with me. You know there are lot of valid reasons to be skeptical about this adventure with Michael Keaton. It's definitely NOT a sure thing, as YJ was implying.

Monker wrote:Sam Raimi directing a Spiderman movie is huge news. Toby McGuire also being a part of that movie makes it even bigger.


Again, I like Raimi, but he's not A-list like Nolan, Wan, Villeinage, etc. Not these days.
[/quote]

So what. It's cool to have him do another Spiderman movie...just as it would be cool to have Burton do a Keaton Batman movie. That part of the "universe" will not look and feel the same without Tim Burton's influence.

Also, having "A List" directors doesn't seem to mean much. Most of Marvel's directors were not well known before they did Marvel movies. Those "A List" names also have flops, like Villeinage's Blade Runner sequel. "Tenent" is also questionable, IMO. So, having an "A list" director guarantees nothing.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 pm

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:So what, I never said anything disagreeing with that. "Into the Spiderverse" is a multiverse. Period. Sony and Marvel have been cooperating quite well...and Spiderman does crossover to the Marvel movies. Thus, they are related.


Thanks for the tip, Captain Obvious! :lol: My point was, again, if Disney wants to use Spidey, they have to PAY Sony because Sony isn't selling back. Disney would rather pay one big lump sum to get him Webhead back because he prints money.


Again, so what. Yeah, Disney would LOVE to have Spiderman back, I'm sure of that. But, so far, Sony plays ball to work together. Not THAT big of a deal. And, if Sony doesn't want to work with Marvel, again, so what...Marvel has a LOT of other things they are working on that all make money.


People can still tire of a franchise. Look how much less each of these last few Star Wars movies made. Audiences are sick of the rehashes and the bullshit and the bad stories. It doesn't look good when fans almost unanimously favor the two standalone movies over the trilogy. And they lost major bank over Solo because it was redone from the ground up with Ron Howard stepping in, much like WB blowing it with the Justice League fiasco. They made NO money off that. They fudged the books to make Captain Marvel look like a success, too. Shit can change overnight, buddy.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:And not everybody likes Holland.


Which is why Tobie McGyver coming back in a live Spiderverse is a good thing.


It's not like anybody wants Garfield back.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Putting words in my mouth, like before. Some things never change! :lol:


And, you still don't disagree with me.


NOBODY:

YOU: He doesn't vocally disagree with me, therefore he must surely agree with me!

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Again, I like Raimi, but he's not A-list like Nolan, Wan, Villeinage, etc. Not these days.


So what. It's cool to have him do another Spiderman movie...just as it would be cool to have Burton do a Keaton Batman movie.


That's just your opinion. It would be a cheesefest. It would be like Dark Shadows with Batman. It's thirty years later, dude.

Monker wrote:That part of the "universe" will not look and feel the same without Tim Burton's influence.


Who says it's supposed to!!!??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monker wrote:Also, having "A List" directors doesn't seem to mean much. Most of Marvel's directors were not well known before they did Marvel movies.


Scott Derrickson had built up some serious cred with Sinister and Deliver Us from Evil. And he already bailed from the Strange sequel!

Ryan Coogler made a big splash with Fruitvale Station and Creed. Patty Jenkins was known for Monster; she walked off the set of Thor: The Dark World (and Natalie Portman was very unhappy over her exit).

If Disney brings in "lesser known" directors, like Taika Waititi, it's because they know they can pay less (look at how much they coughed up for Ron Howard to redo Solo, and it flopped), they can expect less creative pushback, and most importantly, they have the BRAND backing the movie up.

Monker wrote:Those "A List" names also have flops, like Villeinage's Blade Runner sequel. "Tenent" is also questionable, IMO. So, having an "A list" director guarantees nothing.


Tenet is questionable how? Have you seen it? No? I didn't think so. If Tenet isn't a success, it's because theaters aren't fully open right now. It's likely going to fall victim to the current pandemic-induced climate. Nolan hasn't had a flop yet. If this is his first flop, it'll be a money flop, not a critical flop, just like Blade Runner 2049, which was well-received.

Seems like you love bagging on anyone with DC connections, man. Who's paying you? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6640
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:27 pm

verslibre wrote:[
People can still tire of a franchise. Look how much less each of these last few Star Wars movies made. Audiences are sick of the rehashes and the bullshit and the bad stories. It doesn't look good when fans almost unanimously favor the two standalone movies over the trilogy. And they lost major bank over Solo because it was redone from the ground up with Ron Howard stepping in, much like WB blowing it with the Justice League fiasco. They made NO money off that. They fudged the books to make Captain Marvel look like a success, too. Shit can change overnight, buddy.


The fact is that it hasn't changed at all for Spiderman.

It's not like anybody wants Garfield back


I never said anybody did. I think it would neat to have the three there, but it doesn't have to have Garfield.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Again, I like Raimi, but he's not A-list like Nolan, Wan, Villeinage, etc. Not these days.


So what. It's cool to have him do another Spiderman movie...just as it would be cool to have Burton do a Keaton Batman movie.


That's just your opinion. It would be a cheesefest. It would be like Dark Shadows with Batman. It's thirty years later, dude.


LOL...it's going to be that way anyway.

Who says it's supposed to!!!??? :lol: :lol: :lol:


There is no point in going for the nostalgia of Michael Keaton if all you are going to do is suite him up and put him in a different world. Lame.

Scott Derrickson had built up some serious cred with Sinister and Deliver Us from Evil. And he already bailed from the Strange sequel!


It sounded mutual to me. He wanted to make it a horror film, Fiege was backing away from that from the start. It will have horror elements, but not the horror film that Derrickson wanted.

Ryan Coogler made a big splash with Fruitvale Station and Creed. Patty Jenkins was known for Monster; she walked off the set of Thor: The Dark World (and Natalie Portman was very unhappy over her exit).


"Monster" was nearly 20yrs ago...and is her only film of note until Wonder Woman. And, BTW, IMO, "Monster" was more of a credit for Charlize Theron than anybody...that was an awesome performance, proving that she is more than just a pretty face.

If Disney brings in "lesser known" directors, like Taika Waititi, it's because they know they can pay less (look at how much they coughed up for Ron Howard to redo Solo, and it flopped), they can expect less creative pushback, and most importantly, they have the BRAND backing the movie up.


All of Marvel's best films were from "lesser known" directors. Taika Waititi, the Russo Brothers, James Gunn. Even Joss Wheedon was basicaly a TV director prior to The Avengers movie.

The fact is that I don't care who is directing if the end result is a great film.

Tenet is questionable how? Have you seen it? No? I didn't think so.


I have seen enough of the trailers to think it looks "meh". IMO, it does not seem like a movie that can bring everybody back to theaters after the post-corona closings. I think people will stay home.

If Tenet isn't a success, it's because theaters aren't fully open right now.


Partially correct...but I also don't think it is a movie that will bring people back to theaters, even if they are all open. I can see people staying home and waiting for streaming rather than putting a mask on and going to a theater. I'll also say the same for "Black Widow".

Nolan hasn't had a flop yet. If this is his first flop, it'll be a money flop, not a critical flop, just like Blade Runner 2049, which was well-received.
[/quote]

Blade Runner was a good movie. But, there is no denying it did not meet expectations with ticket sales. I hope he does better with "Dune".
Last edited by Monker on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11155
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests