Better Get Greta Van Fleet Forum Queued Up

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Better Get Greta Van Fleet Forum Queued Up

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:49 am

Dude Josh blows Plant AWAY! I've heard them both, Plant is ok but a game changer. Bon Scott, Steve Perry, Brad Delp, Lou Gramm; those guys are the deal. Josh is one, time will tell.

Andrew wrote:Dreadful singer. Not fit to carry Plant’s jock strap.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:44 am

Aaron wrote:Dude Josh blows Plant AWAY!

Plant now? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Aaron - Have you checked out Dirty Honey? https://www.youtube.com/user/GroundZeroLA

A friend pointed them out and I've been listening for a bit. Good stuff.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:15 pm

GD dude, another friend just share a link with me. I'm LIKING it, some of the best new music going. Thanks you very much for the link. I'm rolling now. I'm hearing Crowes, GVF, and other in their deal. I've not listened but I"m loving the initial vibe. Thank you very much for the link!

Memorex wrote:Aaron - Have you checked out Dirty Honey? https://www.youtube.com/user/GroundZeroLA

A friend pointed them out and I've been listening for a bit. Good stuff.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Plant is not a top 10 singer. Hence the response.

There are only a few that are truly great singers:
1. Steve Perry
2. Bon Scott
3. Josh Kitszka
4. Brad Delp
5. Lou Gramm

History will tell the story. I'm just giving you a preview. :)

verslibre wrote:
Aaron wrote:Dude Josh blows Plant AWAY!

Plant now? :lol:
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:32 pm

You didn't even get the joke. I meant Plant now as in TODAY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for your remark that "Plant is not a top ten singer," that's wholly subjective. Plant wouldn't be in my top ten, but he sure pops up in lists all over the place.

A few years back, I saw all three of these singers referred to as "the voice" by their respective fans, no shit:

Greg Lake (pertaining to his '70s heyday)

Steve Perry

Paul Rodgers (I even saw some journalists call him "the voice," though I don't see, or hear, how)

Anyway, your favorite singers can all bend over and kiss Ronnie James Dio's ass. Except for Lou, he's awesome. :lol:

P.S. I like Bon but I seldom see him on "great singers" lists. Again, subjective. Look up the meaning of the word.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Deb » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:10 pm

verslibre wrote:You didn't even get the joke. I meant Plant now as in TODAY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for your remark that "Plant is not a top ten singer," that's wholly subjective. Plant wouldn't be in my top ten, but he sure pops up in lists all over the place.

A few years back, I saw all three of these singers referred to as "the voice" by their respective fans, no shit:

Steve Perry

Paul Rodgers (I even saw some journalists call him "the voice," though I don't see, or hear, how)

Anyway, your favorite singers can all bend over and kiss Ronnie James Dio's ass. Except for Lou, he's awesome. :lol:

P.S. I like Bon but I seldom see him on "great singers" lists. Again, subjective. Look up the meaning of the word.

https://youtu.be/6m2m_9Uijso
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Sorry I missed the Plant today deal, I'm getting old.

All of this is subjective! But in reality, plant is a non player. :)

Have no idea who Lake is but I'll have a look.

Steve Perry, IMHO the best ever!

Paul Rodgers, a great singer, top 10 for sure.

Man I never got Dio but on your recommendation I'm going back for another look.

Lou is BAD!

Man I don't get it, Bon was good and bad live. But when he was good, he was one of the best! IMHO.

It all comes down to personal preference and I tend to try to sir the pot with statements to get feedback. I'll have a look at Lake and thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it!

And I'll give Chalfant a plug from back in the day. He would hit my top 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO-8Z0A ... oA-rbT-i4Q

verslibre wrote:You didn't even get the joke. I meant Plant now as in TODAY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Perry

Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Mac, why don't you cover Greta Van Fleet? As an OG dude, they're a band I'm interested in and I see 0 coverage. :(

There's another recent US band coming up I heard that sounded great as well. I'll sort their name and give you a heads up. We need news on all of them.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Mac, why don't you cover Greta Van Fleet? As an OG dude, they're a band I'm interested in and I see 0 coverage. :(

There's another recent US band coming up I heard that sounded great as well. I'll sort their name and give you a heads up. We need news on all of them.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Aaron wrote:Mac, why don't you cover Greta Van Fleet? As an OG dude, they're a band I'm interested in and I see 0 coverage. :(

Because they already get too much press for a shite band. I hope your next recommendation is better :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Aaron » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Man I thought you we're objective man. Whether you like them or not, a LOT of people do. I thought you we're an objective journalist? :(

Andrew wrote:
Aaron wrote:Mac, why don't you cover Greta Van Fleet? As an OG dude, they're a band I'm interested in and I see 0 coverage. :(

Because they already get too much press for a shite band. I hope your next recommendation is better :)
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Jana » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:37 am

Memorex wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:They're from Frankenmuth Michigan, about 40 minutes from me. Not much of a fan of their sound. Can we only stand a few songs in a row from Zepplin too. All starts sounding the same after awhle.

I once tried to write a term paper with Song Remains The Same on in the background. It was a slow decent into madness and I eventually wanted to murder people.

I feel exactly the same way when I hear Trump's voice come on during a clip being played in the news. I have to walk out of the room or change the channel in order to preserve my sanity.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:12 am

Jana wrote:
Memorex wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:They're from Frankenmuth Michigan, about 40 minutes from me. Not much of a fan of their sound. Can we only stand a few songs in a row from Zepplin too. All starts sounding the same after awhle.

I once tried to write a term paper with Song Remains The Same on in the background. It was a slow decent into madness and I eventually wanted to murder people.

I feel exactly the same way when I hear Trump's voice come on during a clip being played in the news. I have to walk out of the room or change the channel in order to preserve my sanity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:28 am

Aaron wrote:Man I thought you we're objective man. Whether you like them or not, a LOT of people do. I thought you we're an objective journalist? :(

I objectively think they’re shite :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Aaron » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:26 pm

I objectively disagree but still love you like a brother.

Andrew wrote:
Aaron wrote:Man I thought you we're objective man. Whether you like them or not, a LOT of people do. I thought you we're an objective journalist? :(

I objectively think they’re shite :)
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:21 pm

LOL

Cheers!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby verslibre » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:17 am

They were on Colbert last night.

They no longer dress and sound like Led Zeppelin.

Now they dress and sound like Angel. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby ebake02 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:33 pm

I keep trying to back and listen to more of their their music and give them a chance but I just can’t, the singing alone is awful.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Safe to say this group was a flash in the pan. I never hear them or about them anymore, and it used to be impossible to escape hearing them for a while there. Like one step up from a one hit wonder, except they never even really had a hit.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 am

Archetype wrote:Safe to say this group was a flash in the pan. I never hear them or about them anymore, and it used to be impossible to escape hearing them for a while there. Like one step up from a one hit wonder, except they never even really had a hit.

Hopefully people are finally seeing how unoriginal they are.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:12 pm

ebake02 wrote:
Archetype wrote:Safe to say this group was a flash in the pan. I never hear them or about them anymore, and it used to be impossible to escape hearing them for a while there. Like one step up from a one hit wonder, except they never even really had a hit.

Hopefully people are finally seeing how unoriginal they are.

I hope so. They’re average at best, and completely uninspired. The generic brand Led Zeppelin.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:08 pm

GD, it's been a bit and here we are.

Long story short, I saw Greta Van Fleet in concert in Franklin TN, they were awesome. It was like seeing Perry in 78 on the Infinity tour. They are killer. I sat in a 7500 seat arena and every stood the entire time front to back.

Mac, you might think they suck but you might want to look around. Everyone else showing up thinks they're great. They sold out the 7500 seat arena two nights in a row.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:15 am

Very unfortunately gonna be seeing these guys open for Metallica in August. First time I’ve ever dreaded the opening act
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:16 am

Well, I endured Greta van Fleet’s set at Highmark Stadium last night. Horrible doesn’t even come close to describing them. It was absolutely cringe worthy bad. The singer just wails over and over again in the same shitty falsetto. The songs are generic at best, and their stage presence is comically bad. Everything about that performance amounted to the actual worst live concert I’ve ever seen a “professional” act put on.

For context, the first opening band, Ice Nine Kills, does music that isn’t up my alley at all, but I was able to recognize that the band members are good at and passionate about what they do and did enjoy watching them. GvF, however, plays like there’s someone holding a gun to their family to get them to play. No energy, so excitement, horrible fucking godawful singing, very generic musicianship, and incredibly embarrassing stage outfits. They are not the “next big thing” at all.

Metallica was good. Their fans, by and large, however, are perhaps the most obnoxious fans I’ve ever been around.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:54 pm

LOL

y sons likes them, but he also likes Led Zep. He says why don't I like them, but my response is always 'I already have Led Zep with a better vocalist...'
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Archetype » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:44 am

I’m not really into Led Zeppelin, so naturally an extremely deficient copy of them won’t appeal to me at all. Also find it curious that the band members adamantly deny Zeppelin influence and claim that Aerosmith is their biggest influence. They’re a shitty manufactured band who don’t know what the fuck they’re doing.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:32 am

I was hoping maybe they would improve but sounds like they still play like shit
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:49 am

The three sisters from Monterrey, Mexico who call themselves The Warning are the real deal. All are very good players (and getting better) and are blessed with powerful voices. They blow GvF away!

Lzzy Hale was so impressed that she just took The Warning on tour with Halestorm as their support act. The Warning are "the next big thing"!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Aaron » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:24 pm

You fks are brutal. I just came back from watching them in Louisville. They were on point but what a missed opportunity IMHO. They played for 1:15 and played 3 songs I knew well. I'm a pretty big fan and have all their records. The kid was on point vocally and the band was on fire. The set list IMHO was shite. They could have ruled the evening but played obscure stuff and rolled into jam sessions. I felt like I was at a Dead show and I've never been to a Dead show.

All was good, Josh was killer on vocals, the band was on point. The set list could have ruled and pressured the following band but I'm afraid it didn't. I'm not sure why they chose to avoid their hits but they did.

Band status in the US, #2. They can't maintain #1 with that set list, regardless of talent and vocal range. Update coming after we see Night Ranger this November.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara