Better Get Greta Van Fleet Forum Queued Up

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Better Get Greta Van Fleet Forum Queued Up

Postby Aaron » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:51 pm

They had the opportunity to shove the pole right up Pearl Jam's ass but screwed the pooch, wtf? They had a great opportunity to kick ass and take names. The band and vocals were ON. However, the set list crap to people that know their music well. What a lost opportunity for Greta Van Fleet. FM
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:22 pm

Aaron wrote:You fks are brutal. I just came back from watching them in Louisville. They were on point but what a missed opportunity IMHO. They played for 1:15 and played 3 songs I knew well. I'm a pretty big fan and have all their records. The kid was on point vocally and the band was on fire. The set list IMHO was shite. They could have ruled the evening but played obscure stuff and rolled into jam sessions. I felt like I was at a Dead show and I've never been to a Dead show.

All was good, Josh was killer on vocals, the band was on point. The set list could have ruled and pressured the following band but I'm afraid it didn't. I'm not sure why they chose to avoid their hits but they did.

Band status in the US, #2. They can't maintain #1 with that set list, regardless of talent and vocal range. Update coming after we see Night Ranger this November.

I don’t know how constantly shrieking and wailing WAAAAAGGGHHHHHHH over and over again is good vocals but ok.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:42 am

I saw Night Ranger last night and they ruled. The best I've seen them. Greta Van Fleet is #2, Night Ranger is again #1. That is all.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara