RIP Brian Howe (former Bad Company Singer)

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

RIP Brian Howe (former Bad Company Singer)

Postby Memorex » Fri May 08, 2020 3:08 am

Total Bummer. I actually corresponded with him a few years back. Had his ego, but a good guy. I really enjoyed his singing. Died of a heart attack. He had one a few years back as well.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Re: RIP Brian Howe (former Bad Company Singer)

Postby TageRyche » Fri May 08, 2020 12:23 pm

As I posted on the news article on the front page, I was truly saddened when I learned of Brian Howe's death this morning.

I hate that his time with Bad Company is virtually wiped out in the band's history. His solo album Circus Bar was one of my favorite albums the year it was released.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Sat May 09, 2020 12:58 am

Circus Bar was a great CD and his BC CDs were the best of the band. Will be missed.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Memorex » Sun May 10, 2020 8:09 am

Paul Rodgers sent a now-deleted tweet about him being alive and well. I guess some folks thought he was the one who died. He didn't acknowledge Brian at all, which to me is pretty shitty whether you like someone or not.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby TageRyche » Mon May 11, 2020 3:13 am

Memorex wrote:Paul Rodgers sent a now-deleted tweet about him being alive and well. I guess some folks thought he was the one who died. He didn't acknowledge Brian at all, which to me is pretty shitty whether you like someone or not.

I can't say that I'm shocked that Paul Rodgers didn't say anything about Brian Howe in the video he put out making sure everyone knew he was alive. If I remember correctly, Howe wasn't exactly complimentary towards him in public statements in recent years.

What amazes me more is the fact that Rodgers had to put out the video saying he was alive because people who live their lives connected 24/7 are somehow too stupid to google the information to find out WHICH Bad Company singer had passed.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Mon May 11, 2020 4:13 am

TageRyche wrote:
Memorex wrote:Paul Rodgers sent a now-deleted tweet about him being alive and well. I guess some folks thought he was the one who died. He didn't acknowledge Brian at all, which to me is pretty shitty whether you like someone or not.

I can't say that I'm shocked that Paul Rodgers didn't say anything about Brian Howe in the video he put out making sure everyone knew he was alive. If I remember correctly, Howe wasn't exactly complimentary towards him in public statements in recent years.

What amazes me more is the fact that Rodgers had to put out the video saying he was alive because people who live their lives connected 24/7 are somehow too stupid to google the information to find out WHICH Bad Company singer had passed.

The way he said it though, it was a video, was as if no one had died and it was one of those rumors that get started for no reason. I don't care how much you dislike someone or how much they disliked you, you are either man enough to rise about that when someone has died and know his family is hurting and a whole lot of Bad Company fans are bummed.

I hate linking to this guy, but it was the only place I could see the video right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9E0sCKWp2k

Edit. Just watched it again. That ending pisses me off.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara