The Joseph R Biden Presidential Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: The Joseph R Biden Presidential Thread

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:18 pm

RPM wrote:
Is this who we really want to be listening to? do you feel young people truly know what's best ?

Yes, it is. They want gun control for starters. Might help with those stats.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:27 am

787 million. LOL
Andrew
Administrator

Postby ebake02 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:08 am

RPM wrote:just yesterday "the youth" took over part of Michigan avenue
beating people in cars and looting stores.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/16/2-teens-s ... ond-night/

Is this who we really want to be listening to? do you feel young people truly know what's best ?

You can't judge an entire generation of young people based a small portion of spoiled idiots, the vast majority are smart intelligent kids who are tired of the status quo and are eager to do something about it.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:12 am

Andrew wrote:787 million. LOL

I think there's still another lawsuit out there too. It will be interesting to see how much that one will cost them now that they openly admitted they lied.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:29 am

Andrew wrote:
RPM wrote:

Yes, it is. They want gun control for starters. Might help with those stats.

Well they are controlling things with guns around here, but I don't think thats what you meant by Gun Control....
We have never had more laws on the books regarding guns (especially in Chicago) and the gun crime is higher
than ever so I don't think the bad guys care to much about gun laws. it doesn't help we don't prosecute anymore
thanks to progressive no bail laws & light sentencing (its part of reparations!)
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby RPM » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:40 am

ebake02 wrote:

You can't judge an entire generation of young people based a small portion of spoiled idiots, the vast majority are smart intelligent kids who are tired of the status quo and are eager to do something about it.

Yeah for sure they aren't all the same. what exactly is this status quo they are seeking to change?
Having to payback loans they agreed to? are they willing to pay the cost for all this change or they find
someone else for that? It's a historical fact young people are very idealistic, not a bad thing. but usually
when they find out nothing actually is free, they get a bit more conservative. It maybe a bit different
now that we have had a few generations led by post modernist professors in our universities who are teaching
there is no such thing as absolute truth (so you are whatever you think you are ! ) we are heading down a very
dangerous path and chaos is the new world order.
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:03 am

RPM wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

Yeah for sure they aren't all the same. what exactly is this status quo they are seeking to change?

The status quo is being willfully ignorant of climate change. The status quo is racial paranoia of the "white" majority towards minorities and believing in ridiculous things like "reverse racism". The status quo is a growing wealth gap and policies that promote it instead addressing it. The status quo is believing conservative and Republican bullshit like Trump won the election, 1/6 was faked, "Hunter's laptop" is more credible than Trump's dossier, PIzzagate, Democrats kill babies. The status quo is FOX news VS MSNBC instead of news just being "news".

Having to payback loans they agreed to? are they willing to pay the cost for all this change or they find
someone else for that? It's a historical fact young people are very idealistic, not a bad thing. but usually
when they find out nothing actually is free, they get a bit more conservative.

YOUR generation had state colleges getting huge government subsidies which allowed schools to charge a fraction of the tuition that they do today. Perhaps YOU should understand that 20-40yrs ago the government WAS paying for much of college education. Perhaps YOU are conservative towards college education because YOUR generation benefited from a more liberal policy and you don't even realize it.

The more I looked at the current cost of college, the more I agree with Bernie that a 4yr degree should be free for anybody who wants it. AT LEAST 2yr degrees from community and trade colleges should be free, as Biden wants. It would benefit EVERYBODY in society...from businesses getting quality workers to communities having better educated citizens to individuals being able to get better jobs. Nobody loses except inept political whiners who won't be able to complain about college loans, either those paying them or those who bitch about the cost of bailing out students.

It maybe a bit different now that we have had a few generations led by post modernist professors in our universities who are teaching there is no such thing as absolute truth

Or, maybe conservatives who were led by a President, and now a party leader, who denies reality at every turn and invents his own that his zombies support. "Absolute reality" does not exist because of Trump...not universities, "Nobody knows for sure", DJT said that, not some nutty professor.

we are heading down a very dangerous path and chaos is the new world order.
'
'
That path started when Trump went down the escalator, climaxed on 1/6, and started to come to an end when Biden moved into the Whitehouse. The fake news and fake facts and made up bullshit cost FOX 3/4 of a billion dollars...and they still have to settle Smartmatic and other lawsuits. It is the conservatives and Republicans who settle in court for hundreds of millions of dollars rather than have their lies, hypocrisy, and propaganda being exposed to their fanbase. It is conservatives and Republicans who have had their alternate reality exposed during the Dominion lawsuit.
Monker
MP3

Postby RPM » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:05 pm

The status quo is being willfully ignorant of climate change. The status quo is racial paranoia of the "white" majority towards minorities and believing in ridiculous things like "reverse racism". The status quo is a growing wealth gap and policies that promote it instead addressing it. The status quo is believing conservative and Republican bullshit like Trump won the election, 1/6 was faked, "Hunter's laptop" is more credible than Trump's dossier, PIzzagate, Democrats kill babies. The status quo is FOX news VS MSNBC instead of news just being "news".

when they find out nothing actually is free, they get a bit more conservative.

YOUR generation had state colleges getting huge government subsidies which allowed schools to charge a fraction of the tuition that they do today. Perhaps YOU should understand that 20-40yrs ago the government WAS paying for much of college education. Perhaps YOU are conservative towards college education because YOUR generation benefited from a more liberal policy and you don't even realize it.

The more I looked at the current cost of college, the more I agree with Bernie that a 4yr degree should be free for anybody who wants it. AT LEAST 2yr degrees from community and trade colleges should be free, as Biden wants. It would benefit EVERYBODY in society...from businesses getting quality workers to communities having better educated citizens to individuals being able to get better jobs. Nobody loses except inept political whiners who won't be able to complain about college loans, either those paying them or those who bitch about the cost of bailing out students.

It maybe a bit different now that we have had a few generations led by post modernist professors in our universities who are teaching there is no such thing as absolute truth

Or, maybe conservatives who were led by a President, and now a party leader, who denies reality at every turn and invents his own that his zombies support. "Absolute reality" does not exist because of Trump...not universities, "Nobody knows for sure", DJT said that, not some nutty professor.

we are heading down a very dangerous path and chaos is the new world order.
'
'
That path started when Trump went down the escalator, climaxed on 1/6, and started to come to an end when Biden moved into the Whitehouse. The fake news and fake facts and made up bullshit cost FOX 3/4 of a billion dollars...and they still have to settle Smartmatic and other lawsuits. It is the conservatives and Republicans who settle in court for hundreds of millions of dollars rather than have their lies, hypocrisy, and propaganda being exposed to their fanbase. It is conservatives and Republicans who have had their alternate reality exposed during the Dominion lawsuit.[/quote]

If you sign on for a loan it's your responsibility end of story. Im open to the idea of tuition free community college.
I agree that could be a huge help to everyone, especially teaching trades. there really needs to be a new approach
to school funding, if there was one area where there is "inequity" its school funding. at least in Illinois its unfair because of how the reliance on property taxes is proportional to the quality of the schools. I have no idea why your mentioning Trump, he was a blip on the radar. universities have been led by post modernist for a full generation now and that is manifesting itself in the current climate of moral warfare along with Soros funded D.A.'s Honestly It really doesn't matter much to me. the dems are so good at screwing up the economy I should be enjoying these high savings rates thru my retirement so bravo!
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby ebake02 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:16 am

RPM wrote:If you sign on for a loan it's your responsibility end of story.

That may be true but everyone in my generation got stuck with those loans under false pretenses. When I was in school as a kid the pervious generation lectured us constantly that a 4 year college degree was the only ticket to a successful adulthood, we had to get that degree so we wouldn’t spend our lives poor and flipping burgers for a living

We all went to college and got that 4 year degree they said we had to have, taking on massive student loan debt in the process, and the previous generation wouldn’t hold up their end of the bargain. They refused to give us those promised high paying jobs because we didn’t have “experience” then said we’re spoiled and entitled because we won’t take that low paying job that they scared us away from.

Now we have an entire generation of young people who were lied to and are stuck with a job that doesn’t pay a living wage and crushing student loan debt they shouldn’t have had to take on if the previous generation had been truthful.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:18 am

ebake02 wrote:

That may be true but everyone in my generation got stuck with those loans under false pretenses. When I was in school as a kid the pervious generation lectured us constantly that a 4 year college degree was the only ticket to a successful adulthood, we had to get that degree so we wouldn’t spend our lives poor and flipping burgers for a living

We all went to college and got that 4 year degree they said we had to have, taking on massive student loan debt in the process, and the previous generation wouldn’t hold up their end of the bargain. They refused to give us those promised high paying jobs because we didn’t have “experience” then said we’re spoiled and entitled because we won’t take that low paying job that they scared us away from.

Now we have an entire generation of young people who were lied to and are stuck with a job that doesn’t pay a living wage and crushing student loan debt they shouldn’t have had to take on if the previous generation had been truthful.

Not only that but state college used to get money from government to help bring down costs. My daughter graduates HS this year and was accepted at one of the state colleges. She lives with her mom who get minimum wage so is below poverty level so she get maximum on her FASFA. Well, my daughter came to me and told me her tuition is $7000/per semester. She should be getting maximum benefit from her financial aid. So, I looked into it. There is a MINIMUM tuition that every student MUST pay regardless of financial aid (ie: grants, etc) of $7000/semester. So, a kid living at poverty level would have - at the minimum $28,000 in loans to get a 4yr degree. Tuition, without grants and aid, is around $20,00/semester. When I looked at colleges way back in the 80's...tuition at state colleges was around $8,000/semester BEFORE aid. WTF happened? Well, state schools do not get help from government any longer so they charge more for tuition. So, conservatives and Reputlicans say stupid shit about not wanting to help pay the loans - loans THEY did not have because government paid for part of THEIR tuition. It's hypocritical, ignorant, bullshit. Payoff ALL student loans and make a 4yr degree free for everybody...and stop the hypocrisy and lies.
Monker
MP3

Postby RPM » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:18 am

ebake02 wrote:

There is a lot of truth in what you’re saying. I have friends who pursued those degrees as well, some in area that had very little Promise for actual career success but sounded interesting. So there was deception , and poor choices. I stand by the idea That the rest of us who did not make those choices should have to pay the bill. I would be open to low cost loans to help
Provide some relief.
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby RPM » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:32 am

Monker wrote:
ebake02 wrote:

Not only that but state college used to get money from government to help bring down costs. My daughter graduates HS this year and was accepted at one of the state colleges. She lives with her mom who get minimum wage so is below poverty level so she get maximum on her FASFA. Well, my daughter came to me and told me her tuition is $7000/per semester. She should be getting maximum benefit from her financial aid. So, I looked into it. There is a MINIMUM tuition that every student MUST pay regardless of financial aid (ie: grants, etc) of $7000/semester. So, a kid living at poverty level would have - at the minimum $28,000 in loans to get a 4yr degree. Tuition, without grants and aid, is around $20,00/semester. When I looked at colleges way back in the 80's...tuition at state colleges was around $8,000/semester BEFORE aid. WTF happened? Well, state schools do not get help from government any longer so they charge more for tuition. So, conservatives and Reputlicans say stupid shit about not wanting to help pay the loans - loans THEY did not have because government paid for part of THEIR tuition. It's hypocritical, ignorant, bullshit. Payoff ALL student loans and make a 4yr degree free for everybody...and stop the hypocrisy and lies.

This is typical progressive stupidism. No 4yr. Year degree is free, some group of people will have to work to pay for it.
And if you think the cost is outrageous now (I Would agree) just wait until they know “ it’s free” this doesn’t even begin
To address the options that would be available and the years of debate / lawsuits that would be inevitable as the left
Pushes the impossible idea of equality of outcome. The far left hates the idea of personal responsibility, much easier to
Blame “the system” for individual poor choices and have someone else suffer the consequences. I agree the system has
Huge room for improvement, I work with a lot Polish, by the time they finish high school they have training in a trade
That could provide a career. We push college degree’s way to much in this country, I know a lot trades people that make
A very nice living and never received a 4year degree.
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby jestor92 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:17 am

RPM wrote:
Monker wrote:
ebake02 wrote:If you sign on for a loan it's your responsibility end of story.

I’m against the forgiveness plan because there really isn’t a plan. Let’s rid of X amount for each current student. Great. What happens 10-20 years from now when we’re in the same situation because instead of tackling the team problem, which is the escalating costs of education, the Democrats just want to throw a small quick fix for votes. Fix the actual issue then look into forgiving some of the loans.

You also have to take into account how is this fair for the folks who never went to school or went to school and paid their debts off as this isn’t really fair to them.

Finally, the borrowers of the student loans have had 3 years where they haven’t had to make a payment on their loans. If they continued to pay on their loans at the same 10 year loan repayment rate they were on prior to the freeze it would’ve been like paying for 6 years since the 10 year plan the monthly payments generally go half towards interest and half to the balance.
jestor92
8 Track

Postby RPM » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:33 pm

I’m against the forgiveness plan because there really isn’t a plan. Let’s rid of X amount for each current student. Great. What happens 10-20 years from now when we’re in the same situation because instead of tackling the team problem, which is the escalating costs of education, the Democrats just want to throw a small quick fix for votes. Fix the actual issue then look into forgiving some of the loans.

You also have to take into account how is this fair for the folks who never went to school or went to school and paid their debts off as this isn’t really fair to them.

Finally, the borrowers of the student loans have had 3 years where they haven’t had to make a payment on their loans. If they continued to pay on their loans at the same 10 year loan repayment rate they were on prior to the freeze it would’ve been like paying for 6 years since the 10 year plan the monthly payments generally go half towards interest and half to the balance.[/quote]

Well said. Its like the Amnesty for illegals that was granted by Reagan, it was supposed to be a one time fix but never actually fixed anything. Meanwhile the rest of us deal with overcrowded E.R. facilities that are treated as doctor visits by illegals And overcrowded underfunded schools.
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:31 am

Can you please learn how to use the quote function properly or don’t use it. Your posts look confusing to read.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jestor92 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:42 am

Andrew wrote:Can you please learn how to use the quote function properly or don’t use it. Your posts look confusing to read.

You can only quote 3 quotes in your posts so anything more you need to delete something.
jestor92
8 Track

Postby RPM » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:39 am

Andrew wrote:Can you please learn how to use the quote function properly or don’t use it. Your posts look confusing to read.

I have no doubt of your confusion, but no problem :D
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:42 pm

RPM wrote:

I have no doubt of your confusion, but no problem :D

Appreciate the fixes, cheers.

And yes, I remain confused how anyone could be a Republican :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby ebake02 » Mon May 01, 2023 2:57 am

Anybody want to place a bet on which liar, I mean anchor, gets shit canned next at Fox News? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Mon May 01, 2023 4:51 am

ebake02 wrote:Anybody want to place a bet on which liar, I mean anchor, gets shit canned next at Fox News? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So far we recently have had one from fox and one from cnn, maybe msnbc joins the fun?
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby ebake02 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:47 am

RPM wrote:
ebake02 wrote:Anybody want to place a bet on which liar, I mean anchor, gets shit canned next at Fox News? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So far we recently have had one from fox and one from cnn, maybe msnbc joins the fun?

My money is on Laura Ingraham or Maria Bartiromo. They’re both batshit crazy loons who weren’t smart enough to know when to keep their mouths shut.
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Tue May 02, 2023 10:07 am

ebake02 wrote:
RPM wrote:

My money is on Laura Ingraham or Maria Bartiromo. They’re both batshit crazy loons who weren’t smart enough to know when to keep their mouths shut.

Not familiar with them, I think that morning Joe guy is due for a smackdown :D :D :D
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue May 02, 2023 10:22 am

RPM wrote:

The two are completely unrelated situations. Don Lemmon was demoted months ago and lost his prime time show for a morning show. Tucker went on after the Dominion lawsuit and had Trump on AGAIN and CONTINUED to spew things he knew were lies. If you look at his big picture, he had all kinds of issues. Murdoch was even pissed because his fiancé was enamored by him. Then there is FOX renegotiating cable bundle contracts that bring the network BILLIONS...and Tucker acting like Dominion didn't happen and Smartmatic isn't happening. And, he's sued for his hostile work environment accusation...ask Bill O'Reily and Roger Ailes how those topics go over. Tucker was in over his head despite his ratings...a lot of things piled on. Lemmon said some stupid things about women...but, he has said stupid things in the past that were ignored. CNN was fishing for a reason to fire him, for whatever reason. MSNBC is not going to fire anybody...they are not being sued (as far as I know, at least not for billions of $), and they LIKE being the liberal anti-FOX network. FOX can't afford to fire anybody else and lose more ratings. So, I doubt anybody else will be fired.
Monker
MP3

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:26 am

GD Mac, a whole 9 pages? He must be the real deal, not. You should live here with prices doubling in the last 3 years.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:46 pm

Aaron wrote:GD Mac, a whole 9 pages? He must be the real deal, not. You should live here with prices doubling in the last 3 years.

US inflation is half what it was and matches the exact same spike and drop as the rest of the world.

I'm all for you hating Biden, but the clown show alternatives just make Republican supporters look uneducated, moronic and down right silly.

Just find someone one relatively "normal" for a change!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:22 am

Aaron wrote:GD Mac, a whole 9 pages? He must be the real deal, not. You should live here with prices doubling in the last 3 years.

That's just a flat out lie.

Inflation has not been an issue here in months and some prices (like gas) have been DROPPING. If Republicans use that to run against Biden, it just gives him an opportunity to talk about how Republicans LIE, that the economy is great, and Republicans have led the country to decline or recession in every presidency since George HW Bush. Trickle down does NOT work, they have proven that repeatedly.

ALL economic news is positive, inflation, job creation, unemployment, the markets have hit recent record highs, growth is stronger than any other nation. You have to REALLY search to find anything negative about the economy here.

Trump had to change his lies from saying we were headed for another great depression because he lost 2020, to saying we are running on the fumes of HIS economy...which is another lie...His economy ended with the start of inflation, huge unemployment increases...there was literal rioting in the streets. All of that chaos of Trump's last year in office ENDED with the first term of Joe Biden

FWIW, Trump will win Iowa, obviously. I think Haley and DeSantis will tie for second. I'll guess 50% Trump, and 25% for both Haley and DeSantis. DeSantis should drop out...he has no chance at this point. Ramaswamidingdong should drop out, too...he's an idiot. If Asa were smart, he would drop out after Iowa to give Haley a few more votes. IMO, Haley will hold on until South Carolina, where she will be crushed by Trump...and drop out soon after. So, like I said a long time ago, Republicans want Trump. And, Trump will lose to Biden by an even bigger margin this time....unless he gets kicked off the ballot and someone else is forced on.

Congratulations on GIVING a second term to Biden. Republicans are so stupid...they laterally could have nominated ANYBODY else and may have won. Very, very dumb.

I am so glad this shit is over. The constant bullshit of this campaign here is ridiculous and I am sick of it this year.
Monker
MP3

Postby jestor92 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 pm

Special counsel won’t pursue charges against Biden because he’s to fragile with a poor memory. He’s okay to run America through :lol:

Seriously between dealing with Joe and Donald it’s like American citizens are being forced to step in either cat or dog shit. Regardless of which one you step in it’s going to stink.
jestor92
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:01 pm

jestor92 wrote:Special counsel won’t pursue charges against Biden because he’s to fragile with a poor memory. He’s okay to run America through :lol:

Seriously between dealing with Joe and Donald it’s like American citizens are being forced to step in either cat or dog shit. Regardless of which one you step in it’s going to stink.

The choice is between a really old (too old) good guy with a bad memory or a really old (too old) treasonous sphincter.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jestor92 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:26 am

Andrew wrote:
jestor92 wrote:Special counsel won’t pursue charges against Biden because he’s to fragile with a poor memory. He’s okay to run America through :lol:

The choice is between a really old (too old) good guy with a bad memory or a really old (too old) treasonous sphincter.

How can you say Joe is a good guy? He broke the law just like Trump did. That’s just with the classified intelligence. Who knows what other skeletons he has in his closet.

Both are to old and both are criminals. Neither should be running for office, unless it’s in the retirement home community.
jestor92
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:50 pm

Tell me this asshat isn’t a Russian asset.

https://x.com/acyn/status/1756412015793 ... MS-NyM-viA
Andrew
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara